Jul 13 2012

Talking with Candy

We all have a story...

Does he need a ring?

Dealing with the loss of two husbands.

Her Illustration from God

Peace, Comfort & the Grace of God

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (13) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

7/13/2012 5:08:10 AM
Shelly United States
Shelly
I understand what Candy means by navigating the pain. My husband and I spent 5 1/2 years trying to have kids. We lost 7 but now have two beautiful boys, 5 years and 7 months. The pain didn't lessen with the successive losses but it was easier to navigate.
7/13/2012 6:11:05 AM
josie United States
josie
Very touching story. God is always faithful to carry us through the storms. I was only able to listen to the first 3 parts of the story though. The 4th part would not open.
7/13/2012 7:04:20 AM
Sarah United States
Sarah
Thank you for appreciating the gift of Candy's testimony, and thanks to Candy for her willingness to open her heart and her wounds to share the incredible testimony of God's amazing grace and mercy.  I will remember your illustration, which is so critical to our recall of the power of your testimony.  I encourage you to run with that and elaborate on how God has kept you through the storms.  A parent's love is so powerful and it is mightier than any storm and the desire, the urgent drive to fight against every adversity to protect our young is critically important to understanding how much God loves us, even if we can't see into the spiritual happenings around us.  Those young ones in the nest couldn't see the great perserverance to reach them, but that's exactly what the Father does to reach us when we are in danger.  He is an amazingly powerful, loving and faithful God.  Thank you so much for reaching out and blessing so many today.  I can say I know God better in this moment than I did before I heard Candy's experience, and that's what it's all about, sharing your testimony so others will think about it, process it and know Him better.  I think writing about the impact of another person's testimony on your own life solidifies what God wants us to know about Him through that person.  Thank you and God bless!!
7/13/2012 7:27:34 AM
Lauren Knutson United States
Lauren Knutson
Thank you Candy for sharing your heart.  Losing a husband is hard.  When you find another it is wonderful and beautiful, yet still difficult.  To lose a second husband and continue to be so strong - God has chosen you to share your story, and continue to teach others, like myself, the storm is strong, but HE is always there to get us through it.
Thank you Candy, I am blessed to have heard that story - rejoice in my sufferings and pain of losing my first husband, and be so ever thankful God has chosen me also, to share love and Him to others who I come in contact with.
God has certainly blessed you greatly.
7/13/2012 7:34:06 AM
Andrea United States
Andrea
Thank you Candy for sharing.....I lost my mom when I was 16, my dad re-married and then I lost my dad when I was 21 and my step-mom when I was 23 so I completely understand what you mean when you learn to navigate.  I know for me my faith in God and my Christian upbringing help me out more than anything.  Knowing that I could call on God morning, noon or night and he was always there.  And knowing that I will see them all again one day got me through.
7/13/2012 7:58:00 AM
Susan United States
Susan
I lost my husband quite unexpectedly in March of this year. He was only 51.  We had been married just shy of 29 years and the pain has been overwhelming at times.  His death came on the heels of losing my mother in 2010 and I am still dealing with that pain. K-Love has been a comfort to me.  I am definitely touched by music and so many songs and testimonies have brought encouragement and comfort.  Along the lines of Candy's testimony, I have had a song from Casting Crowns on my heart and I just posted it the other day on my facebook wall "Praise You in the Storm".  My husband and I have gone through so many storms in our marriage and we stood together, facing the giants, and now I'm facing this storm only through God's strength. Thank you for sharing your story, Candy.  It confirms what I was already feeling.  Blessings to you and the ministry of K-Love.
7/13/2012 8:15:22 AM
Karen United States
Karen
I have only been able to catch bits and pieces of
Candy's conversation but every time I have it has touched base with me.  My almost 18 year old son went to be with Jesus 10 years ago this August 4th.  He had been born with multiple heart problems so we knew that he would probably go home before us but that still didn't make it any easier.  The thing that I notice, and was concerned about, was that it didn't effect me near as much when my dad, that I loved dearly, passed away and what Candy said about navigating through it better gave me a whole new understanding of why it didn't seem as difficult when my dad, and then my mom passed away a few years later.
As if that wasn't enough, when Candy started telling the story of the birds that God had sent her, He had done the same for me.  I spent endless hours on my patio praying and often times crying to God after my son went to be with Jesus.  One day I told God that I was so tired of crying, when suddenly a little bird landed on our fence a few feet away from me.  I started watching the bird who was then joined by another little bird.  They just both sat there seeming to watch me as I was watching them.  I got up and started walking towards them.  I got pretty close and they never flew away but just finally walked into the bush that was overhanging the fence.  It was then I realized that I had stopped crying and I had a peace that I had not had until then.  God had given me His peace that surpasses all understanding.  I can't say that I haven't cried thinking about my precious son but I can say that I have peace knowing that he is with my Savior in Heaven.
Thank you Candy for sharing your story and helping me understand.
7/13/2012 9:38:58 AM
Jenise Sarraga United States
Jenise Sarraga
Candy's story sooo touched me today.  My husband of almost 18yrs died unexpectedly in June and the pain of his death and our 7yr old's recent diagnosis of Aspergers has been overwhelming at times. I admire her courage and her outlook on life.  Losing my husband at 52yrs old has shattered me and I could not imagine to love again and lose my husband again.  Thank you Klove for always encouraging me through your music and stories.
7/13/2012 10:17:32 AM
Cathy Bartholow United States
Cathy Bartholow
Thank you,Candy for sharing your story. Your illustration of the robin in the rain reminded me of a song that ministered greatly to me while going through a divorce 5 yrs ago. That song was "Stand in the Rain" by Super Chick. I listened to it on K-Love many times. I believe God used it to encourage me to go ahead & let myself feel the pain instead of running from it or trying to stuff it, reassuring me that I wouldn't drown. Praise God our Great Shepherd who knows how to care for His hurting children!
7/14/2012 8:25:47 AM
Butch United States
Butch
Great story. Cannot open the last audio link ("Error opening file")
7/14/2012 6:21:21 PM
Scarlett United States
Scarlett
Can anyone tell me the song that was played after Candy story . It talked about  the Lord allowing us to bend but not break.?
7/15/2012 12:32:05 PM
Marie Luten United States
Marie Luten
Candy's story about the storm, where the robin stood firm no matter the wind or the rain.  WOW!  I know the Lord is certainly teaching me in that story also about my life with Him.

Thanks for sharing, Candy and blessings 2 U!
7/15/2012 4:07:09 PM
Susan United States
Susan
I have also tried to find that song.