Jul 18 2012

John Wayne Movies

Amy has never seen a John Wayne movie. Have you seen one of his movies? What was your favorite? Tell us here or on Facebook.

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (15) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

7/18/2012 5:13:14 AM
Brenda United States
Brenda
She needs to watch "The Quiet Man" as well as "True Grit."
7/18/2012 5:16:03 AM
Tina United States
Tina
Amy,
You have truly never seen a John Wayne movie. He is an true American ICON. If you have boys, you have to find some John Wayne movies and watch. His movies are a true refection of the American West.

I don't have just one favorite. But I suggest Rio Lobo, True Grit, Big Jake, Rooster Coburn, Sons of Katie Elder. Just to start with.
7/18/2012 5:48:34 AM
Jamie Heard United States
Jamie Heard
Oh she deffinently needs to see McClintock that is the funniest.  And I also don't have just one favorite Rooster Cogburn, Big Jake, Sons of Katie Elder, The Quiet Man.

John Wayne is what the west should have been.
7/18/2012 10:32:18 AM
sea United States
sea
My favs are Hellfighters, Donovan's Reef and McClintock.
7/18/2012 1:25:20 PM
RED United States
RED
I could not believe what I heard when Amy said she does not know who John Wayne...come on he is only what every boy dreams to be...A real cowboy with blazing guns.  Even I know this and I am not a national...

Anyway, many blessing to all of you and thank you for the work you do keeping us closer to God with the Music, Prayers and all the fun, entertaining discussions and dialogue.
7/19/2012 6:40:09 AM
YN1 United States
YN1
From the chick-flick perspective The Quiet Man, Donovan's Reef and McClintoc are the best.  He did several movies with Maureen O'Hara, they were great together!  On the other side he did some great military movies.  My favorite is In Harms Way.
7/19/2012 7:26:18 AM
Rose United States
Rose
John Wayne is one of my all time favorite actors! I love his movies! He not only does westerns but also war movies. He was great!

Some of his quotes are just truly awesome!

Try him out! You'll love it!
7/19/2012 7:27:03 AM
Laura United States
Laura
Hey Amy, don't feel bad. I've never seen one either. I remember my dad watching John Wayne as I was growing up, but I never sat with him to watch. I've never liked Westerns.
7/19/2012 7:28:02 AM
Maureen United States
Maureen
I just heard you say that most women don't like Westerns.  That's only if they haven't seen the John Wayne movies! I say start out with True Grit...and I don't mean the new one they came up with. Guaranteed you will love it!
7/19/2012 7:32:09 AM
Bryan United States
Bryan
True Grit and Rooster Cogburn are a must see. These are my mother's favorite John Wayne movies.Amy you will love them
7/19/2012 7:32:24 AM
Susan United States
Susan
I love westerns. It can be a movie, television show or a book. John Wayne is my favorite. I grew up on John Wayne. All the westerns that Tom Selleck and Sam Elliot made are awesome!
7/19/2012 7:58:58 AM
Karen United States
Karen
Amy......You have got to watch a John Wayne movie.  I grew up watching all his movies. The Quite Man is an awesome movie. You have got to watch this one..... SmileGive it a try anyway.
7/19/2012 12:53:53 PM
Sandy United States
Sandy
I started watching the "Duke" with my Dad when I was little and introduced my husband to his movies when we were dating- he's a bigger fan now than me! Absolutely love John Wayne! Favorite's of mine; Quiet Man, McClintock, Hellfighters but all of them are great!
7/20/2012 9:38:30 AM
KRISS United States
KRISS
Don't feel bad I have never seen a John Wayne movie either.
7/26/2012 6:19:41 PM
Joe United States
Joe
My jaw dropped when I heard Amy said had not seen any John Wayne flicks. I have ALL his movies( most on VHS). Me being a Marine, my favorite is Iwo Jima. Maines wanted to be like John Wayne.
Little known fact, CBS had wanted John Wayne to star in "GUNSMOKE" (the TV western sereis). John Wayne declined and suggested his friend James Arnes.
The rest is TV history for 20 years. John Wayne, American at it' fineness.