Jul 20 2012

Tragic Incident - Call To Prayer

Please join us in prayer for all those impacted by this tragic shooting.

14 dead after shooting during 'Dark Knight' screening in Aurora, Colorado. U.S. NEWS

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (9) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

7/20/2012 5:24:36 AM
Mike Levine United States
Mike Levine
I just wanted to say that I am currently stationed in Ft Carson, CO. and just got back from Afghanistan.  When I awoke this morning and saw the breaking news on my phone, about 14 dead and 50 wounded, the first thought that came to mind was that something happened in Afghanistan. when I finally realized it was here in CO. I just couldn't believe it. That something like that would happen on US soil. I just prayed this morning for the families of those lost and injured, and ask God to help me make sense of this tragedy. May God be with the families during this hard time of understanding and help them get thru this.
7/20/2012 6:31:30 AM
Pat United States
Pat
Don't forget God loves the shooter too.  Remember him and his family in your prayers as well as the victims.  All need our support at this time of sadness.
7/20/2012 6:33:39 AM
Tammy United States
Tammy
The events that have unfolded overnight are truely tragic and saddening.  Evil does exist in this world.  But good also exists.  Right now there are about 30,000 youth in New Orleans for the ELCA National Youth Gathering.  There they are practicing peace and discipleship.  I can assure you that they are praying for those in Colorado who are affected by this tragedy.  I am proud to say my daughter is one of those youth.
7/20/2012 6:38:21 AM
Beth Nix United States
Beth Nix
My heart cries out to the Lord for this tragedy. I think it's important to remember in these times to cling to the words of the Lord. He says in John 16:33 "I have said these thing to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world." I have come to the realization that sometimes the enemy grabs hold so tight, that the person committing the evil act, does not really know or understand what they are doing. I think it's also important to pray for the man who did the shooting, his family, and all the families involved.

"For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world-our faith." 1John 5:4
7/20/2012 6:56:35 AM
Lisa United States
Lisa
For those that are wondering where God was and why this was allowed to happen.  God gave us free will and unfortunately the shooter used his free will to hurt others.  Jesus was right there in the midst of terror comforting his children.  We may not understand why things happen, but Jesus will never forsake us and is with us always.
7/20/2012 8:00:30 AM
Leesa United States
Leesa
I have a son that lives in that area. I haven't been able to get ahold of him yet. Just hoping & praying that he wasn't there!!!!!
7/20/2012 1:24:09 PM
kathleen United States
kathleen
My prayers for all of those at the movie theatre and their families and the shooters family. I'm praying for all of you! And the shooter! Life is forever changed for all of them. My heart is hurting. I pray that they can feel God's loving touch, and to know that their loved one is in good hands. I'm so so sorry for your loss!
7/21/2012 10:57:01 AM
Anita United States
Anita
I feel a sense of urgency in my spirit to put these comments out for all affected by this horrible tragedy:

K-Love has been playing a couple of songs about forgiveness the past few weeks. I have been praying and asking the Lord about these songs - it seems that they have been very important. Today the Spirit of the Lord reminded me about my questions about the importance of the forgiveness songs. The people of Aurora will heal not be declaring they are strong but by turning to God and having an experience with the Great Healer and by forgiving this tormented young man.
7/21/2012 10:59:49 AM
Anita United States
Anita
I do not mean to in any way to minimize the great grief that the victims are feeling. I have myself struggled with forgiveness but have found that I am free to live and love when I forgive. May God take all of the affected of Aurora into his LOVING arms and hold them tight and heal their wounds. HE does love them and wants to heal their hurt.