Aug 16 2012

Eli's First Day of School

Eli walking into school on his first day of kindergarten.

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (9) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

8/16/2012 6:45:24 AM
julie carlson United States
julie carlson
Good Morning Amy!
My take on Eli is that he is slow close to his mommy that he will cry if he looks at you.  I am dropping my son off at college tomorrow and I know how you feel.
8/16/2012 6:50:32 AM
Peg Reeves United States
Peg Reeves
Yes, Eli is separating from mom and it is very emotional for him too. Ignoring you was his way of facing this stag in his life without falling apart. How was your time with him when he came home?
8/16/2012 6:57:02 AM
Belinda Niemi United States
Belinda Niemi
I agree with what Julie said above. He wants to be brave like Daddy.  This is his first step in becoming independent from you, he's growing up. I raised two sons and I was surprised every step along the way as the separated from my apron strings way too soon (in my opinion) ...but that is how God made little boys.  So the can grow into the Godly Leaders of our homes and families.
Next week my grandson starts kindergarten and I'm not ready yet!  But he is, so I'm right there with you.  Hang in there, the journey of your children to adulthood is just beginning. God has a plan!
8/16/2012 6:57:24 AM
Lynn United States
Lynn
Just be thankful that he didn't cry and cling to your leg every day you dropped him off for 2 months like my son did 34 years ago.
8/16/2012 6:57:27 AM
Marybahmgoodfriend United States
Marybahmgoodfriend
Gods most choice blessings upon Eli,as he enters this brand new part of his world,called school.Abundant blessings on you,Amy,as a Mother,and upon each and every family member.my daily,and nightly prayers,won't ever leave any of you.Jesus said,I can do all things,through Christ who strengthens me.We are all human.Sometimes,we find it really difficult to do all that God,in Christ,asks us to do.But,we all,realize,that if we do what He asks us to do,we will be more abundantly blest than we are now.Forever,in Christs light,and in His Precious Love,Mary F.Bahm-Goodfriend.( psalm23)
8/16/2012 7:21:37 AM
Mark United States
Mark
Hey Amy, I am sorry that you were hurt by his first day at school departure experience.  But be encouraged by this:  just as your kids will surprise you at times with hurtful responses or disappointments, they will also surprise you with great moments of pride and joy.  It's all part of being a parent.  Hope the next surprise from him to you will be one of the other ones.
8/16/2012 9:30:55 AM
MARCY United States
MARCY
Heyyyyy, what happened to the video??
8/16/2012 7:36:41 PM
Shawn Smith United States
Shawn Smith
Where did the video go? I was excited about seeing this and I tried to view it at 9:30pm cst and it was gone.
8/16/2012 9:08:21 PM
Beth Smith United States
Beth Smith
I had similar feelings a few years ago when my son went to camp for a week during the summer. I gave him a phone card so he could call me, but he never did. A couple years after I was teasing him about not calling me and he said it was because he knew that talking to me would have made him more homesick. In a strange way, that made me feel better. This past spring my baby graduated from high school and tomorrow we are taking her to JBU to begin this new phase. A friend recently shared that she has discovered that we parents are constantly having to let go, so whether it is kindergarten or college we seem to be in the same boat! I'm so thankful that our heavenly Father is taking care of our babies all the way! So God and a box of Kleenex will get me through tomorrow and all those letting go times in the future! Blessings and enjoy the journey!