Aug 22 2012

Losing 1 of Your 5 Senses

If you had pick 1 of your 5 senses to lose, which one would you pick?

I would chose my sight. Amy would chose her hearing because she knows sign language. Kankelfritz would choose smell.

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (14) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

8/22/2012 4:57:14 AM
Rebecca Adcock United States
Rebecca Adcock
I would choose smell. I have chronic migraines and one of my triggers is certain scents, so if I can't smell them, it might decrease my migraines.
8/22/2012 5:00:34 AM
Barb Smith United States
Barb Smith
I'd choose to lose smell, I want to see my family, hear their voices, hear music...
8/22/2012 5:05:08 AM
Dunca Romania
Dunca
MY SIGHT, I WOULD SIN LESS.:d
8/22/2012 5:23:21 AM
Monica Tew United States
Monica Tew
I listen to you guys every morning on the way to work, and you are a real blessing.  I had to respond to today's topic... I play flute, and God made it possible for me to get a professional-level Pearl flute, something I've dreamed about since college.  Plus, I have a deaf daughter, and my heart breaks when she says she wants to play an instrument, because, while she can feel the rhythms, and, with a hearing, hear the louder instruments, she is unable to hear the blending of harmonies and melodies....
If I could choose, I would chose to lose my sight, out of all of the senses.  Not only do I think my other senses would be enhanced... what are we told in the Bible?  Walk by faith, not by sight. Time and again, God makes it known that sight can be misleading, we are to judge our world around us using something other than sight.  You may see a car that looks really nice, but you can hear the engine problems, smell the oil it may be burning.  My hearing and my sense of smell give depth to what I see...  Well, thank you for allowing me "tirade" here, again, I love listening to you guys in the morning, God bless you!
8/22/2012 5:24:08 AM
Jeannie Nobles United States
Jeannie Nobles
I would lose taste. I want to see and hear my family and be able to feel their touch. I love nice smells and the sense of smell actually has an effect on the taste of things. Losing taste has the least effect on the people around me and it benefits me because I would eat only healthy things if I don't get the pleasure of eating bad things any more.
8/22/2012 5:25:31 AM
Monica Tew United States
Monica Tew
Oh, and one more thing... if my sense of smell were  taken, I would lose my sense of taste, and where is the fun in that?  No more chocolate to taste??  Blasphemy!!  :-D
8/22/2012 5:29:32 AM
Pastor Keith Templeton United States
Pastor Keith Templeton
Losing any one of our senses causes the others to rise to heighten awareness.  Using Sign Language and ministring to the Deaf for more than 30 years makes me feel that should I lose my hearing I still could communicate.  Many Deaf fell that being Deaf isn't a lose at all.  As long as we don't lose our sense of Whom we are in Christ Jesus then our paths in this life will always be victorious for in our weakness He becomes our strength.
8/22/2012 5:40:46 AM
Rhonda United States
Rhonda
Hi. I am an Occupational Therapy Asst.  In school, we had to spend days in class with various handicaps, including the loss of various senses.  It was an exercise in empathy.  I encourage you & your listeners to try it for yourselves to get a feeling for what the loss of our senses would be like. Each sense is a gift from God.  I cannot choose; if I am to lose a sense then I will let God decide and trust in Him to help me on that path.
8/22/2012 5:47:47 AM
Suzette Hardy United States
Suzette Hardy
I am a survivor of a severe traumatic brain injury since 12-1-02. I should not have survived along with over 40 fractures, but God gave mercy. Brain injury is a relativly new field and they used to think the best you could recover would be 2 years after injury. Now they are dicovering (God gave the the knowledge) the the brain with try to create new pathways to the part of the brain it can no longer access. God is so good. I still have no left perfieral vision in my left eye, but still hoping one day God will restore it. All other senses intact. My late husband got viral encephlitis which caused his brain injury and one of the things it affected was his sense of taste. If you would like more info, give me a call  304-573-0836   Suzette Hardy
8/22/2012 6:19:54 AM
Lucilla United States
Lucilla
If I could choose to lose any of my senses, I'd   choose my sight. I was born with a disability which requires walking with crutches and some of my senses have been enhanced. I have a perfect layout (in my head) of my house and when I get up in middle of the night to use bathroom or to do anything else I never bump into anything nor stub my toes because I know where everything is...   After all, as Monica Tew mentioned, the bible tells us to Walk by faith, not by sight. Time and again, God makes it known that sight can be misleading, we are to judge our world around us using something other than sight.

I think I'm going to poll my FB friends on this today and see what they come up with. Smile

Hope y'all have a great day. God Bless.
Luc
8/22/2012 7:28:08 AM
Melissa United States
Melissa
I was born without being able to smell, so it came as quite a surprise when I heard you guys talking about this on my way to work. Anosmia- that's what it's called when someone can't smell- has just been a regular part of my life. I don't really know what I'm missing, because I've never been able to smell anything.

Probably the hardest part about anosmia is just not knowing if something stinks. Does my car stink when I offer to give someone a ride? Do I stink when I come in to work? Does my three year old have a stinky diaper? Does my house stink when I invite someone over for dinner? The only way I know the answer to any of these questions is if I ask someone.

Hearing this discussed on KLOVE though, got me thinking about how this can relate to the gospel. How so many who have never felt the Lord touch their lives just don't know what they're missing. And how we will never recognize His grace and forgiveness if we do not overcome our insecurities and ask Him.
8/22/2012 8:18:19 AM
Margaret Gamez United States
Margaret  Gamez
I would choose my hearing because sign language is not that hard to learn, and i also know some.
8/22/2012 10:34:37 AM
Spencer United States
Spencer
I would choose smell, because its useful but not very important.
8/23/2012 9:48:51 AM
Megan United States
Megan
I would choose smell. However that could be dangerous if you had a gas leak and didn't know. However as a hearing aid specialist I know some sign language and the way technology has helped advance hearing aids so maybe one day i could hear again.