Oct 30 2012

Hurricane Sandy Prayer Wall

As we face difficulty and suffering due to Hurricane Sandy, let us stand in prayer together. Here are our own prayers on this trying day. We invite you to leave your own prayer within a comment below.

From Amy:
Lord – help us remember – you are still God no matter the circumstances. I pray that you would bring peace and comfort to the millions of us facing very difficult circumstances because of Sandy. Supply our needs, keep us safe and LOVE on us like never before. We need you. Amen.

From Craig: Thank you Father that you hear each one of us. Be to us a rock of strength.

From Kankelfritz:
The Bible says in James 5:16 that the prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available.  So Father we pray for awesome good to come out of the bad of what this hurricane has caused.  Father may people who do not know you, come to know you and give their hearts completely to you.

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (37) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

10/30/2012 4:07:52 AM
Maria Wright United States
Maria Wright
I want to pray for the all of the people being affected by hurricane Sandy. May God wrap you up in his love and comfort you during this time and know he loves all of you.
10/30/2012 4:08:46 AM
ViKi Payne United States
ViKi Payne
I cannot begin to imagine the pain, horror & suffering that you are facing, but I have held all of you close in my heart & have been lifting you up in prayer.  I will continue to do so until all is made right again.....
Hold on to God, He WILL see you through & bring you out stronger on the other side.....

Sincerely;
ViKi Payne
Gulf Coast Alabama
10/30/2012 4:09:09 AM
Terri United States
Terri
Dear Lord, I pray that you bring peace and comfort to all those affected by Sandy. Wrap your loving arms around all of us , bring us LOVE and strength through all.  Thank you Dear Jesus...With all our love forever and ever AMEN.
10/30/2012 4:15:27 AM
Dee United States
Dee
I ask you Lord to watch over all affected by Hurricane Sandy and the impact from her!!  Give them strength and courage.  Please watch over the families and friends that have lost loved ones because of this storm.  Guide the crews to help get the power back on and all those that will be helping with the recovery of their homes/cities.

In your name sake....AMEN.
10/30/2012 4:15:55 AM
Cindy Rice United States
Cindy Rice
Dear Lord I ask you in the name of Jesus to watch over and protect these people on the east coast! Lord also please watch over Aunt Nadine and Uncle Bill in Delaware! Thank you Lord for all you do for us! I love you Lord! In Jesus Sweet Name I Pray! Amen!!
10/30/2012 4:16:39 AM
Lianne United States
Lianne
Lord, I pray that you protect and comfort all those affected by this storm!!! May they know your love, mercy, and grace!!! I pray that their lives are soon back to normal!!! AMEN!!!
10/30/2012 4:17:45 AM
Paula J. Thomson United States
Paula J. Thomson
Feeling so thankful and blessed this morning! Lots of heavy rain and high wind, yet like many we did not loose power this time around. Praying that the crews will be able to restore power to all those who are without. Praying the crews will be safe.
10/30/2012 4:18:27 AM
Rhonda Scott United States
Rhonda Scott
Lord I pray that you will be with each and every victim of hurricane Sandy, wrap them in your loving arms dear Lord and show them that you are in control, Give them comfort Lord and guide them, please be with all of those who are working and will be working to restore those areas Lord, I pray you will give them safety and strength to do what they must do.,bless them all Lord. In Jesus name I pray. AMEN
10/30/2012 4:45:53 AM
Margie United States
Margie
Father God we praise you even in the storms... lifting up people who need to feel your strength.  Thank you for rescue teams that are preparing to help.  Give them strength and peace in their hearts.  In Jesus Name.  Amen.
10/30/2012 4:48:49 AM
Brandon United States
Brandon
Father,
I come to you to ask for the safety and comfort of my brothers and sisters across the country. Lord please be with those who are suffering through this storm and give them the strength to make it through.
In Jesus' name I pray
Amen
10/30/2012 4:50:32 AM
Donna Suleski United States
Donna Suleski
Dear Lord, please hold all of those affected by this storm in the palm of your hand.  That a hedge of protection be placed around the first responders, power crews and all who are helping others during this time.  Also, please protect your pets as they are like children to many people.  Ask this in your son's Jesus name, Amen
10/30/2012 5:05:30 AM
Beth Ann United States
Beth Ann
Dear Lord, please help everyone being affected by this hurricane, a wonder of your creation. Please help the people know when they need to leave their homes and get to safety, and please help the damages not be too costly. Amen
10/30/2012 5:07:48 AM
Michele W. United States
Michele W.
I think one of the K-Love listeners said it best yesterday when she said, "God is bigger than any storm".  We are praying for all those who have been affected by Hurricane Sandy.  I'm praying for your safety.  I pray that you are at peace knowing that God is in control.  I pray that you are are not surrounded by fear.  My favorite Bible verse is Jeremiah 29:11:  "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord; plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future".  I pray this comforts you today.  I love you, and I will continue praying!
-Michele
10/30/2012 5:13:13 AM
Dianne United States
Dianne
Dear heavenly Father I pray that you place your hedge of protection around those who have suffered in the path of this storm.  Please bring these victims peace and comfort like only You can and restore to them the basic comforts that we all take for granted each day.  Thank you for keeping my family safe and dry and warm and place me in the path of someone who needs to see your spirit through me today.  In these things we pray....Amen.
10/30/2012 5:19:19 AM
Lola Leach United States
Lola Leach
praying father will keep you safe<3
10/30/2012 5:21:48 AM
Nicholas Kho Singapore
Nicholas Kho
Lord I just pray that you will protect the people there, especially those going into the city to help evacuate the people. Let this Disaster also become a platform for us to show love and speak into the lives of those who are lost. In Jesus name I pray- Amen
10/30/2012 5:23:16 AM
Debbie United States
Debbie
Father God,
You are our strong tower and we boldly ask you to hold those brothers and sisters up who might be in trouble from this storm.  Take their fear and uncertainty and give them the peace that goes beyond all of our earthly understanding.  Protect the First Responders and give them the knowledge to do their jobs to the fullest.  Give our President the clarity to move in ways that are pleasing to you.  In Your Holy and Gracious Name, Amen.
10/30/2012 5:24:01 AM
Dottie Rose United States
Dottie Rose
God is the peace in the midst of the storm. He is the strong hold in the face of danger.  He gives joy in our sorrow. He gives strength in our weakness. There is no way to express the desire of my heart in the sight of Sandy. There is no way to know the needs of those in her path. Yet God promises that no hair of our head shall fall without Him knowing it. That even the birds don’t fall without Him knowing it. He knows our heart and He loves us more than we could ever imagine. He knows our needs before we ask. My heart goes out to those in the path of the storm. But the only thing I can do is pray for them. Yet we have the assurance that God is right there with them through it all!
10/30/2012 5:26:35 AM
Kevin United States
Kevin
Heavenly Father, please make your Presence known to those suffering through the hurricane; that you are the Rock and the refuge to seek. Please bring comfort to those grieving losses and help them to see your glory through it all. Lord, bring glory to yourself through this storm. Praying in the Name above all names, the King above all kings, Your Precious Son and My Savior. Amen.
10/30/2012 5:34:00 AM
Julie United States
Julie
Dear Lord,
Staten Island needs your help, desperately. Often, we are the "forgotten borough" but please do not foresake us today. So many people did not heed the evacuation warning because they assumed Sandy would not do as much damage as projected.  Please, as morning comes and we realize the damage, put your healing hands on the residents who live here.  Please heal the hearts of those who lost EVERYTHING. Please keep those you've brought home close to you.  We are not even really aware of how bad it really is, but help us see this tragedy through your eyes and with the peace and grace to understand your will. Allow us to see these are just possessions and help us be grateful to be alive.
In Jesus name I pray and thank you, KLOVE and KLOVE listeners for your love and prayers.
10/30/2012 5:40:39 AM
Catalina Mussio Argentina
Catalina Mussio
Dear Dad... please protect each one of your beloved ones. Let them know they're not alone even in the storm, people around the world are praying for them and we ask You, Father, to make them stay strong! We love You, make your will through this. AMÉN.
10/30/2012 5:45:03 AM
Evelyn United States
Evelyn
Lord God, Please send your Holy Spirit to comfort those in this disaster.  Let them know that you have them in your arms and to trust you. I know you will provide let all these people have that peace too.  Pray for those who are not to have the encouragement to help those in need a work together the way God intended with Love!!In Jesus' Name Amen
10/30/2012 6:10:26 AM
Linda United States
Linda
Dear Heavenly Father watch over all affected by this storm Sandy. Guide the ones needed to help those in need. Keep them safe and continue to be with the ones that the storm is affecting now. Thank you for all your many blessing in Jesus name we pray Amen!!
10/30/2012 6:31:34 AM
Jill United States
Jill
Father of Healing, I ask you to hold those in harm's way in Your hands. I pray that we as believers will recognize our opportunities to be Your hands, feet and voice for those in need. Give us words, compassion, ideas, and strength to show Your unconditional love to those who need to experience You in their lives. I believe in You and so I pray in Your name. Amen.
10/30/2012 6:35:25 AM
Sheila United States
Sheila
Heavenly Father pls be with all involved with Superstorm Sandy.  I lift them up to you knowing that you will provide strength for them to get through the aftermath. I pray that you ease all pain and suffering.  We love you, we praise you!!
10/30/2012 6:37:37 AM
Julie United States
Julie
Dear God,
Staten Island needs your help, desperately. Often, we are the "forgotten borough" but please do not foresake us today. Please, as morning comes and we realize the damage, put your healing hands on the residents who live here. Please heal the hearts of those who lost everything. Please keep those you've brought home close to you. We are not even really aware of how bad it really is--as we come to grips with it, help us see this tragedy through your eyes and with the peace and grace to understand your will. Allow us to see these are just possessions and help us be grateful to be alive.
In Jesus name,
Amen.
10/30/2012 6:41:19 AM
barb United States
barb
Dear Lord,so many times we are faced with difficulties in this life but we thank you for your grace that sees us through, right now Lord we ask for your mighty hand of grace to cover everyone in the midst of this storm, help them, watch over them and provide what they have need of.  Your word says you will provide all of our needs according to your riches in glory through Christ Jesus, we are joining together by faith believing your word and claiming it right now in the mighty name of Jesus. We thank your for your grace that is sufficent for everything we face in this life. Amen
10/30/2012 6:41:56 AM
Alisen United States
Alisen
Lord we ask you to lay a healing hand on everyone that has been physically and mentally effected by Sandy. Keep our first responders safe as they do their job keeping all of America safe. I pray for those that hear from you to help with the damages. Let them remember that we are all in this together and that we are all family. No matter what the race, religion, sex, or affiliation, it is because of YOU OUR GOD our country will get through this storm! WE WILL PRAISE YOU IN THE SUN AND WE WILL PRAISE YOU IN THE RAIN!!!
AMEN
10/30/2012 6:46:57 AM
Alicia United States
Alicia
Dear God, thank you for this day and the many blessing we are about to recieve, Lord I would just like to lift up all of the people in the pathway of Hurricane Sandy. Lord I ask that you keep them safe and shelter them from harm. In Jesus's Most Precious Name I Pray.... Amen!
10/30/2012 7:04:48 AM
Alivia United States
Alivia
God,

Thank You for Your power and grace. And, thank You for the peace that only You can bring during times of trouble and unrest. Lord, I pray that the nation would be consumed by prayer for all of the people who are being affected by hurricane Sandy. I pray for their safety and protection. Father, please be with the rescue teams who are providing aid at this time. Please provide peace to those who do not have power at this time and access to food and shelter for those who no longer have a place to sleep. Lord, please allow this time to bring people together to help each other and care for each other's needs just as You care for own individual needs every minute of every day. Lord we love You and know that with You, no matter what happens, there is always a hope and a future. Thank You for Your love and sacrifice for us.
Amen.
10/30/2012 7:06:48 AM
Liz Williams United States
Liz Williams
Father God, I pray that you will be with everyone that is in this hurricanes path. I pray that they will feel your presence around them, and that you would wrap your arms around those in danger and in fear. We praise you even in the storms of life, praying for safety, and strength. We know your plans are perfect Lord, please be with them in this uncertain and scary time. In Jesus Christ's name I pray, Amen.
10/30/2012 7:14:06 AM
Cathy United States
Cathy
Dear Lord, watch over those who have lost power, keeping them warm and safe. Watch over those who have lost homes;help them to find safe temporary housing and get whatever help they need. Watch over those who need food and water, and supply those needs as well. Lord, hold those who have lost loved ones in your arms. Protect those who will embark on rescue missions and aid, including police, fire fighters, military, and civilian volunteers. Lord, unite our country, and let us forget our animosities and work together to help those in need. In Christ's name I pray.
10/30/2012 7:19:04 AM
Jill United States
Jill
10/30/2012 7:23:10 AM
Ronnie C United States
Ronnie C
I pray Lord to protect the soldiers that are guarding the tomb of the unknown soldier in Arlington National Cemetary, they are out there Honoring those graves. Please keep them safe, in Jesus Name I pray...AMEN
10/30/2012 7:51:09 AM
Sarah United States
Sarah
Father, I can't Thank You enough for all that you do in my life and I know that I personally had to loose allot in order to find you. Life since then has been the Best I've ever known, Even through the storms I have come up against, I stay strong in you! Father, I pray for that strength that only comes from you, to lift up the Millions affected by this hurricane. I pray that Your Abundant Love will overflow onto each and every single one of them and overpower any and every obstacle there might be keeping them from Safety. I also pray Father that the Love that You have for Us ALL, will be shown through each and everyone of us, So You will NO LONGER be a stranger to many! For the Glory and Praise to your Son, Jesus Christ, AMEN
10/30/2012 9:48:41 AM
Kathy United States
Kathy
I woke up to no heat this morning and I thought of all of you who have lost so much, I pray that all your needs and all you've lost will be given back double as you wait and grow to trust our Savior Jesus Christ. Like Job, the rewards of trusting the Lord are great. We will keep praying and trusting when it gets hard for you to trust, we can stand in the gap for you all. In Jesus name, amen
10/30/2012 12:50:30 PM
Linda United States
Linda
Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank you for being everywhere.

I know you were with all those people impacted by the catastrophic storm - not just in America, but in the other countries as well.

I know that You will continue to be with those who are currently experiencing the storm, or who will be affected in the coming hours or days ahead. Your word says, You will never leave us or forsake us. Thank you, Father for being with us during all the storms of our lives.

I know there were many that cried out to you during their time in the storm, and I thank you for hearing them. I pray that many came to personally know you during this storm. I know there are many that are crying out to you now with a feeling of hopelessness and I thank you so much for sending someone on Your behalf to let them know that they have hope in You, Lord.

I thank you for your grace and mercy and providing comfort to those who lost loved ones. Words cannot describe the sadness I feel every time I hear of another life lost. I silently pray, “Lord, I hope they know You.”

I thank you for providing shelter for those who no longer have a home, food for those who don’t know where their next meal will come from and I thank you for blessing all the victims, their families, and all those involved in the rescue and relief efforts.

I pray the full armor of God around each and every one of them.

This great country of ours needs You now more than ever, and as we Americans have always done in the past during great tragedy, we’ve pulled together, worked together and loved each other,  and helped - each in our own way. This nation seems so divided today – I pray that love will soften hardened hearts and turn them towards you.

Thank you most especially for your son, Jesus.
I love you Father, and it’s in Jesus most precious and Holy name I give you thanks and praise. Amen.