"At first when I noticed the little girl, honestly, I thought she was a doll floating upside-down," Willden told NBC's TODAY Show. "After that, I realized there's other lives in there; you need to just press on, get as many lives as you can."
So Willden, a former police officer, sprung into action.
"The first thought was, 'So this is it how it ends,'" Andersen said while choking back tears Monday…"This could very easily have been a funeral for four of us."
Child looked like a doll in the frozen river as ex-cop used gun and knife to rescue kids. msnbc.com
Sweden: Wedding ring 'found on carrot' after 16 years. BBC News
Preport: 'Angry Birds' downloaded 6.5M times on Christmas. USA TODAY
12. Do something really nice -- that no one knows about.
11. Spend more money on other people than I spend on my self. Love my neighbor as I love myself. And love myself as I love my neighbor.
10. Laugh often... especially at advertisements that try to convince me that I must buy more stuff in order to be happy.
9. Learn a new life skill - like carpentry, pottery, or canning vegetables. Teach someone else I life skill I know how to do.
8. Love a few people well, remembering that what is important is not how much we do but how much love we put into doing it.
7. Write a letter to someone I need to say thank you to. Write another letter to someone I need to ask to forgive me.
6. Track down a critic or someone I disagree with and take them to lunch. Listen to them.
5. Compliment someone I have a hard time complimenting... and mean it.
4. Choose life. Do something regularly to interrupt the patterns of injustice - do something to end violence, bullying, war, capital punishment and other mean and ugly things.
3. Pause before every crisis and ask "will this matter in 5 years?"
2. Get outside often and marvel at things like fireflies and shooting stars. And regularly get my hands into the garden... so when I type on the computer I can see dirt under my fingernails.
1. Believe in miracles. And live in a way that might necessitate one.
Save Money Winterizing Your Car. Shine from YAHOO!
11 Sings You're Addicted To Twitter. big is the NEW small
Soul singer Aretha Franklin is engaged. CNN.com