Jan 04 2010

Make A Difference Monday!

We are really excited about Make A Difference Monday, and we are hoping that it's a simple reminder about how much of a difference you can make.  The Bible says that it is kindness that leads people to repentance, who knows how God will use the kind things that you do to bless and encourage someone else.  There are so many people that need that today.  Maybe it's buying someone a cup of coffee in line behind you, or taking somebody out to lunch... It doesn't take a whole lot, just remember this "Little things don't mean alot... Little things mean everything!"  Thanks for looking for ways that you can Make A Difference!  Please share what you've done...or what someone has done for you!

12/12/2009 2:13:18 AM
Megan United States
Megan

Several months ago- a coworker and I went through a drive through for lunch.  When we got to the window- we were told by the cashier that the gentleman in the car ahead of us had paid for our meals.  He said he was in the military and just arrived home from being overseas.  He explained that he'd been so blessed by acts of kindness while he was away- that he wanted to begin returning the favors as he could.   He had, of course, driven off by the time his testimony was shared.  I don't know if the man is a Christian- but he was a better witness than most Christian's I know.  And he understood the concept of faith and works.  Paying for the meal, alone, would have been far less meaningful- and perhaps a little confusing.  But it was his actions gave conviction to his story.

The story doesn’t end.  The ripple effects of that one act of generosity have been amazing.  My coworker was heartbroken that day for the child in her car- and 100's of other foster children just like him that we work with every day.  Our job is a daunting one and it can wear heavy on your heart.  This man's actions restored some of her faith in humanity at a time she needed it most.  And the little boy had never seen anyone act in such a generous way and asked a ton of questions.  I have no doubt that a seed was planted.   Personally, I was so touched that I have followed his path and now, each time I pull up to a drive through with only one window- I pay for the car behind me.  I don't see their reaction- but I see the reaction of the employees.  And several have been brought to tears.  Always, I remember that actions OR words alone are not enough- but the perfection combination of the two- and so I tell my story...  that I am so blessed by God’s love that I can’t help but pass it forward.
12/12/2009 3:09:38 AM
Katy Caraway United States
Katy Caraway
I love all that you people at K LOVE do it just blows my teacher mind!!! Infact for make a differance Monday my daughter helped with a lot of the house work (witch she useually does not!!)             Thanks K LOVE!!!!
12/12/2009 3:10:21 AM
Katy Caraway United States
Katy Caraway
YOU PLAYED MY FAVE SONG A LOT!!!!
12/12/2009 3:23:54 AM
Trudy United States
Trudy
Make a difference Monday. I was driving down Kings Blvd. in Corvallis a little while ago. At Garfield street it is almost impossible to cross because of all the cars which was the case today. A lady stood waiting to cross and I knew I would stop and wondered about the cars from the other direction. The car coming stopped just as I did and the lady looked surprised and crossed. As the guy and I passed each other he held his hand up like a high five and I gave a big smile and thought I wonder if he was listening to KLOVE. Somehow I felt he was. I thought of today being make a difference Mon. before I stopped. I thought what if everyone in Corvallis determines to start the dominoe effect of LOVE...Thanks for the starting of this. Love your music today.
Trudy
12/12/2009 3:56:41 AM
Elizabeth United States
Elizabeth
Thank you for inspiring me to do something to make a difference!  I went to my local Jamba Juice for my favorite smoothie and ordered a gift card.  I gave it to the girl behind me.  She looked so surprised and happy.  I know I'll feel fantastic all afternoon thinking of the joyful look on her face!

God bless!
12/12/2009 4:08:38 AM
D. Smith United States
D. Smith
i just wanted to thank u for starting make a difference monday!  i was on my way home from taking my son back to school after the holidays and heard your broadcast.  i needed to stop for a break and a coke so i pick a mcdonalds.  i just made the decision to look for something nice to do while in there.  i told the shift manager i wanted to purchase cookies for everyone on the crew tonite and wouldnt you know there was just enough cookies in the tray...that is so like God!
12/12/2009 4:16:01 AM
Alison United States
Alison
Today I was listening to you guys and I thought what a great idea to do little things to make a difference, so i sent a mass text to all my friends telling them how amazing they are and one replyed back saying that it made his day to hear that. You guys are awesome. God Bless.
12/12/2009 4:21:48 AM
WADE YOUNG United States
WADE YOUNG
FOR ABOUT 14 MONTHS I HAVE BEEN HELPING A YOUNG WOMAN WHO IS ADHD AND BIPOLAR. MOST HAVE ACCUSED HER BEING A DRUG ADDICT. I PRAYED AND ASK THE LORD ABOUT THIS AND HE TOLD ME SHE WAS SICK. I HAVE BEEN FASTING AND PRAYING FOR HER ALL THIS TIME.I HAVE SPENT SOME 3-4 THOUSAND DOLLARS ON HER TRYING TO GET THE RIGHT HELP. TODAY I TOOK HER FROM TULSA TO FT. SMITH ARKANSAS TO GET HER DRIVERS LICENSE REPLACED AND RETURNED TO GET HER CAR OUT OF STORAGE AND PAID 180 DOLLARS ALL OUT MY DISABILITY INCOME. ALL THIS ASSISTANCE HAS BEEN WITHOUT THE HELP OF OTHERS. I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS KIND OF MINISTRY FOR SOME 20 YRS. AMONG INDIVIDUALS WHO FOR SOME REASON WERE BYPASSED IN THE SYTEM AND BEING IMPROPERLY DIAGNOSED WITH LEARNING DISABILITIES, MENTALLY CHALLENGED, BIPOLAR, DYSLEXIA, ADHD, ETC. I WISH SOME ONE WOULD UNDERSTAND HOW DIFFICULT HELPING THESE PEOPLE CAN BE AS MOST OF THEM HAVE BEEN TREATED AS OUTCASTS. SOME ACCUSED OF DEMON POSSESSION WHEN THEY ARE WIRED DIFFERENTLY. I AM TIRED, FINANCIALLY DRAINED, SPIRITUALLY CHALLENGED, AND NEED OF PRAYER FOR ANDREA AND OTHER HELP THAT THE LORD MIGHT LAY ON SOMEBODY'S HEART. I AM A MISSIONARY TO THESE PEOPLE ONE AT A TIME. I HAVE BEEN PRAYING FOR A REVIVAL OF GOD'S LOVE FOR SOME 25 YEARS. GOD BLESS. WADE YOUNG, BISHOP. THANK YOU.
12/12/2009 5:00:24 AM
Mark United States
Mark
Two People that made a hugh differance in my life.
when I frist started to recover from drug addiction I had a rough time of things. the Part about a higher power was the problem.  I met a man who would come into the gas station where I worked, he was always happy and smiling.  One day I had heard about a young girl who was killed in a car accident and it turned out it was this mans daugther, he was still happy because he knew that his daughter was with christ,  I secound man had a buisness and lost everything in a fire.  He had no insurance but knew he would be fine because Christ was with him.  If it worked for them it will work for me! and has for over 25 year of clean and sober living.  Many years later I had the chane to relate this story to someoneelse who was struggleing with faith.  I have not seen him in long time but the last I heard he was doing well and attending church again.  You never know how the Lord might use you.
12/12/2009 6:05:48 AM
Amber United States
Amber
The weather here in West Virginia has terribly cold. The High today was 19 degrees and it has been snowing all day. I made The UPS guy that dropped off a package to our house a cup of hot cocoa and cookies to take on his journey back into the cold. He looked at me like I gave him Gold and thanked me over and over. I have had the biggest smile on my face all day.
12/12/2009 6:33:41 AM
Kris United States
Kris
For 1 1/2 years now I have volunteered for Operation Write Home.  We collect hand crafted greeting cards from crafters and box them up for our Heroes who are serving in around the world. These cards are blank for them to use to keep in contact with their friends and families back home.

One other thing we send is Any Hero letters.  These are card with notes in them from everyday people thanking them and just chatting about our lives.  Hard to imagine....but there are lots of our heroes who don't get any mail.

The feedback I get from my contacts is amazing.  They are amazed that we would bother to send them cards to help them stay in touch or that we bother to take the time to make them for them.

It would be AWESOME if K-Love listeners on one Monday would take 5 minutes to write a letter to an American Hero.  Mailing addresses can be found on our website (www.operationwritehome.org) under mailroom and we will take care of getting them to our heroes.

Blessings on all that you do!
12/12/2009 6:51:27 AM
Aaron United States
Aaron
I was listening today and This homeless man came to mind So I went and bought him a hot chocolate and a hot dog.I pray he makes it threw this cold night.Thanks KLove for the daily inspiration and spreading our lords word threw many awesome ways.
   I will be sure to srpead the word on Facebook about("MAke a diffenrce Monday")I love it! Even though every day we all should strive to be like Jesus Smile
12/12/2009 8:34:48 AM
Jen United States
Jen
Thank you so much for make a difference Monday!  It has inspired me and my two boys (ages 7 and 4) to make a difference for those in our community.  We plan to make every Monday make a difference Monday and now the two of them are trying to think of ways to brighten someone else's day.  How refreshing.  What a wonderful thing to teach, but an even better thing to show and for them to experience.  God Bless!
12/12/2009 9:20:11 AM
Judy Pennington United States
Judy Pennington
Tried to call you on the way home from work, but couldn't get thru.  I'm on partial retirement so I don't have much extra money. Have a family of 5 grown children and 10 grandchildren. I lost a son in a MVA 3 years ago in Sept, just two weeks after his 32nd birthday. So we had Thanksgiving and Christmas to go through right after his death. I don't know how I would have made it without my church family and friends, both financially and spiritually.  One of my very good friends in my Sunday School class lost her son a few months ago and while I wanted to do so much for her, the only thing I was able to do was the best thing I could have done.  I was there for her when she needed to talk, to cry on someone's shoulder, to talk about him because I KNEW exactly what she was going through. Like you said tonight, the little things are the most important things. Thank YOU for the great job you guys do in getting HIS word out there to people who might never hear it.
12/12/2009 8:33:12 PM
Nora Hana United States
Nora Hana
I talked to you yesterday and reading all of these comments has really made me proud to know that my favorite radio station is doing such great things. It is truly a wonderful thing to make Mondays Matter. I have been doing this for over a year and my life is so much more positive then it used to be. My kids are also loving it. They love being able to do things for strangers and think of how it made them feel..Inspiring!! Check out Everymondaymatters.com for more great ways to help with little effort..You Matter to me!!!
12/13/2009 7:31:07 AM
Karen Kawallek United States
Karen Kawallek
I knew that I wanted to participate but I was not content with my thinking of things to do. I prayed that if I would commit to this that God would reveal ways that I could make a difference-for Him. That I would have His eyes and that my hardened heart would break for what breaks His.

So, the year began and yesterday I waited. A friend, on Facebook, posted mid day about a 14 year old young man in our community who died tragically while sledding with his brother on New Year's day. She asked for prayer for the family and also mentioned that his family did not have the resources for his funeral and burial. I choked. I had just complained about how broke I am after Christmas. My children are healthy, alive and I have Christ. I am a rich woman, indeed. I promptly drove to the bank who has set up an account for the services and dropped a check in the night deposit. I thanked God for showing me how I can make a difference for Him on this very first Monday. Thank you for the idea. I am blessed-already-for the experience.
12/14/2009 11:06:47 PM
Wendy O'Neil United States
Wendy O'Neil
Hi Scott & Kelly. I was listening to you this afternoon and only half cought something you were talking about due to talking little people. You were talking about a story you did on Human Trafficking or a report or something like that. I went looking for it when I came home and couldn't find it. The reason I'm writing this here is because Monday Jan. 11 is "Human Trafficking Awareness Day" It would be a great highlight for "Make a difference Monday" Here are some web sites for listeners to some research of their own on how to make a difference in the new abolition movement:
www.notforsalecampaign.org
www.oneperson.org
www.endslaverynow.com
and you have the one for Rapha House
www.raphahouse.org
12/17/2009 5:10:00 AM
Stephanie Kniffin United States
Stephanie Kniffin
I'm writing to share a story about a little going along way.
My sister & her family live in Philadelphia.
Last Christmas they decided to hand out lunches to the homeless.
My sister Carolyn, her husband Neal & kids Carly & Stanley set out on a mission to hand deliver 20 home packed brown bag lunches.
They live in a nice area of Philly but it doesn't take long to find people in need. Huddled under bridges, trying to keep warm in the entrances of subways or lying on a street grate there were plenty of people in need.
They managed to give out their lunches & talked about doing more.
So a year passes, a new baby is born to the family (a daughter named Lily) and once again they set out to hand out 20 lunches to the homeless.
This year is so cold & it is an emotional time encountering all of the people with out shelter.
They consider doing this more often once or twice a month and think how nice it would be to include hand warmers with their lunches.
My sister decides to email a few companies to see if they may consider selling their hand warmers at at discount to them.
Hours later she receives a reply from "little hotties hand and body warmer's" saying that they would gladly donate 40 pair of hand warmers to their cause!
It just goes to show it never hurts to ask, and it seems more and more people are willing to do what they can.
I live in Arizona and this next week I'll be looking to hand out 20 lunches to the homeless here. They have inspired me and made me realize it doesn't take a lot & sometimes a little goes a long way.

I think so many times we see the problems as being to big to make a difference.
I know now that is not the case, as do the recipients of those lunchesSmile

God Bless,
Stephanie
12/20/2009 7:34:32 AM
Jamie United States
Jamie
"Pulling it Forward"
It started as a joke, my husband is a manager for a local grocery store, while shopping whenever i grabbed something from the shelves i would always pull more than the one i needed forward, he asked me why i told him to make your store look pretty. until one day we saw a lady reach for  product on the top shelf even though i pulled it to the edge she still had to really reach for it. I am 5'9 and my husband is 6'6 so we hardly ever know what it feels like to be unable to reach something.After that she smiled at me then i saw her pull some product forward on the bottom shelf it made me so happy. Since then i have been pulling stuff forward when ever i go shopping!
1/4/2010 1:50:55 PM
Elise United States
Elise
I love those random people who say, "You have such a lovely shirt on," or "Keep the change." Perfect strangers you have never met, and yet they say encouraging stuff and treat everyone like you are worth something. When my sister had an upset stomach at a restaurant, an old lady said to her, "I'll pray for you sweety." As she was leaving the bathroom. I just think that's so inspiring to hear when your going through a tough or embarassing time in public.

The same goes for all of those nice families who help young straying kids find their parents. They will actually stay with you until your mom is located. Those kind of people are the kind of examples us Christians need to be like. Kind, caring, and concerned about others around us, even if we don't know them. After all, they are God's creation. Whether they're believers or not.
9/28/2010 7:28:42 PM
Meri Pacurar United States
Meri Pacurar
I went to pick up my son from Sylvan and we had gone to taco bell, when i looked in the back for my purse i couldnt find it and i had left it at home, and i told the lady at the window, and she said the lady in front of me had payed for me. Thankyouu and GOD BLESS!
1/10/2011 9:26:19 AM
Kathleen Burke United States
Kathleen Burke
I wanted to share my son's story with you.  He is a 20yo college student who has made a pledge to not shave his beard or cut his hair for 328days, to raise money for children in Africa. He is donating through Christ's Church in Guilderland NY and most specifically an event called "Nervosity" which will be held 6/17/2011. Each year they have raised thousands of dollars which has gone to "Forgotten Voices" (president Ryan Keith) and they have built a clean water well and an Aids clinic in Zimbabwe and Zambia. This year Keegan Burke-Falotico has gotten a head start on their fund raising and has already been pledged $2,000.  Follow his progress on facebook "328 days of Beard".  I am so proud of these kids really caring and truly making a difference for other children, in God's name. Please support them if you are able, even a penny a day makes a difference. And prayer for them as they bring God's word to not only hundreds of local teens  but also to the people they are helping in Africa.
3/28/2011 6:36:30 AM
Doreen Grace United States
Doreen Grace
I have a Home & Garden blog, called Redesign by Grace, where I basically write about everything beautiful. Your radio spot on "Make A Difference Monday" was the inspiration for a post I wrote this Monday, where I highlighted the aid efforts in Japan being led by a home church there. My aunt and uncle have been missionaries in Japan for 30 years and were living in Sendai when the earthquake hit. They, and their church, are busy delivering much needed supplies throughout the area. The post I wrote has a link to their own Kamizoku blog which is covering their aid efforts. It's been devastating there, so it's nice to hear some "good news" amidst all the catastrophic news reports.

Thank you K-Love for always giving us "good news!" Now that's "gospel" music!!!