Dec 02 2009

Get a human!

"Thank you for calling. All our representatives are helping other customers right now, but your call is important to us. Press one for...." Sound familiar? Ever get frustrated trying to reach a human? We've got help for you! Check out this site--you'll find all the shortcuts to connect you with a human!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (11) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
Nov 25 2009

Thanksgiving dinner calorie calculator

Thanksgiving is notorious for food---LOTS of food! Wanna know how much you will have to exercise to work off Thanksgiving dinner? Check out this calculator---if you dare!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (4) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
Nov 24 2009

Scott's Infamous Turkey

Hey Everybody! I have had so many requests for how I cook my Thanksgiving turkey, so I thought I would post it here for you! So here goes! Take your turkey, after you have thawed it out, pull all the giblets out, don't want to forget those! Take a stick of butter at and mix it with minced garlic, crushed red pepper, and some dried thyme. Mix the ingredients together. Once you have dried the turkey off and toweled out the cavity. Take a pairing knife and make small slits in between the ribs into the breast of the turkey. Lift the skin of the turkey and make some small slits into the breast, make sure that you also make these slits in the front of the breast too, where the neck attaches. Then use your fingers to take the butter mixture and wedge it up into the slits that you have made into the turkey breast. Save some of the mixture to tuck under the skin around the thighs and legs. Then when roasting, as directed on your turkey label, be sure to tent your roasting pan with foil, until it's time to remove it and brown the skin. Check back every so often and use the turkey juices to baste your turkey breast. I always stuff the turkey with a little dressing to add to the other stuffing, it moistens everything up and adds lots of flavor. I will also use some of the juice from the turkey pan to moisten the stuffing. It is delicious!!! Enjoy and have a Great Thanksgiving!!!
Duuuuude! Comedian Nick Arnette is in the house!
Feb 10 2010

Duuuuude! Comedian Nick Arnette is in the house!

We are so excited to welcome Nick Arnette to our show today! He believes that God uses laughter to help us face the challenges of life. Learn more about Nick here! http://mychurchcomedy.com/

Questions or comments for Nick? Feel free to post them here!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (12) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

1/29/2010 7:08:42 AM
Faith Sisters in Christ United States
Faith Sisters in Christ
Do you have any tips for reading the Bible and Praying. I am not really the beat at it and stuff. also do you think JESUS is coming back soon beacause of all of the earthquakes and storms and stuff? Please let me know. I am Destiny Faith
1/29/2010 7:15:43 AM
Faith Sisters in Christ United States
Faith Sisters in Christ
GOD IS LOVE
1/29/2010 7:53:51 AM
Leandra United States
Leandra
You should have Tim Hawkins on sometime.

That would be cool.
1/29/2010 7:59:03 AM
Larry Kleist United States
Larry Kleist
I would like to get a print of the Book of Dude
1/29/2010 8:09:42 AM
Christine United States
Christine
Hey, I think the text people refer to when saying God doesn't give you more than you can bear is 1Cor 10:13 "The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure." NLT from Biblegateway.com
Thanks for the laughs!  Keep 'em coming!
1/29/2010 8:20:03 AM
Donna Sturdevant United States
Donna Sturdevant
My understanding is that Mother Theresa was quoted as saying "God never gives us more than we can handle. I just wish He didn't trust me so much!"
1/29/2010 8:25:17 AM
Teresa Wells United States
Teresa Wells
A few years ago, one of my daughters ran up to me and said very enthusiastically "Dude! You'll never guess what happened in school today!" I said "Did you just call me Dude?" We all laughed about it and then I sort of forgot about it for a few months. Then one day, that same daughter had a friend over to the house. This friend said Dude to me for whatever reason and my daughter quickly corrected the little girl, telling her she should never call me Dude Smile It has since become a family joke which has kept us laughing in some very difficult times. I would buy several copies of Nick Arnette's book if he were to grace us with a KLove version! One for myself, each of my three girls and my parents. That would be awesome Dude!
1/29/2010 2:52:06 PM
beth United States
beth
I heard about the dude book, and I know 3 family members who would just love it (although, moms & wives maybe not so much)!  Hoping you'll put more out there for us!  Really enjoyed listening to you today - thanks for making the ride home fun!
1/29/2010 4:20:40 PM
Lisa Dahlin United States
Lisa Dahlin
I'd like a couple of copies of the Dude book if reprinted.  Sure enjoyed listening this afternoon. Laughed out loud as I was driving.  Thanks.
1/30/2010 3:37:43 PM
Beth United States
Beth
I would love a copy of THE BOOK OF DUDE. My son and I laughed out loud and were trying hard to get the dude of the country before Nick could say it.
1/30/2010 6:22:09 PM
Christina Socias United States
Christina Socias
Dude-ronomy 30:19. Let's choose what God desires for us= Life & Blessing. Amen!! Smile

From Christina in San Antonio. I love the song "The Blessing" by John Waller. Everyday is a choice!!
1/31/2010 3:57:55 PM
Valerie McKenzie United States
Valerie McKenzie
LOVED The Book of Dude!!   Would love to buy a couple.