Feb 10 2010

What is your most creative peanut butter sandwich idea?

Jif is holding their annual Most Creative Peanut Butter Sandwich Contest again! You can vote for your favorite here at http://jif.com/home.asp. Some of the recipes up for the award sound very creative and slightly odd! Any unusual food combinations you like to eat?

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (48) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

1/23/2010 11:57:04 PM
Briana United States
Briana
My husband LOVES peanutbutter so he came up with a "Party-in-your-mouth-PBTJ" by the way the "t" stands for TUNA! Yes, he eats them like their going out of style: peanutbutter, jelly, and tuna!
He is trying to convince me that their is a health benefit because it has an overload of protien in the Peanutbutter & Jelly.
To this day I have not tried it and I think I'm going to keep it that way! Smile I have too many memories of when we were dating and his breath was overloaded with tuna & peanutbutter. Not a great way to anticipate the FIRST KISS! Smile
1/23/2010 11:57:38 PM
Paula United States
Paula
I like to put bread with peanut butter, cheese, and ground breakfast sausage! It's delicious!!
1/24/2010 12:00:17 AM
Jessica United States
Jessica
When my brother and I were growing up, my brother took peanut butter, a banana, and salsa, and made a sandwich out of it! I'm now 28, and I still love it!
1/24/2010 12:00:49 AM
Starlina United States
Starlina
How about Peanut butter,mayo,bologna,onion,and jalapeno on Toasted bread um mm um mm good.
1/24/2010 12:02:49 AM
Cori United States
Cori
This is by far not my favorite, but my husband and 5 children love to have Peanut butter and bologna sandwiches.
1/24/2010 12:03:05 AM
Jasmine United States
Jasmine
Hi,
A great one is: peanut butter with chocolate chips and brown sugar on bread...yum!
1/24/2010 12:05:30 AM
Elizabeth United States
Elizabeth
My oldest sn at age 4 kept asking for a sandwich made of bread w/ creammy jiff peanut butter/ miracle whip and sweet pickles. After the third time he asked I said ok but I don't think you will like the combination. He loved them.
1/24/2010 12:09:26 AM
Ronda United States
Ronda
Hey Cori,     My son Patrick  who is 6 LOVES peanut butter and bologna sandwiches!!!!   We thought it was disgusting but.......     Ronda  : )
1/24/2010 12:10:57 AM
hallie United States
hallie
I love the taste of peanut butter in my noodles tastes really good and creamy = )
1/24/2010 12:11:45 AM
JD United States
JD
This is too funny.  I am sitting here listening to K-Love eating my grilled peanut butter and dill pickle sandwich.
Way too funny.
JD
1/24/2010 12:13:26 AM
Darbe United States
Darbe
My favorite peanut butter sandwich is a peanut butter, jelly, and ham. Don't say it's gross until you've tried it!!!
1/24/2010 12:14:09 AM
Rick United States
Rick
Whatever happened to talking about God between songs?
1/24/2010 12:14:20 AM
Traci United States
Traci
Toasted waffles with peanut butter with marshmellow fluff  yum yum the kids love it
1/24/2010 12:24:01 AM
Jackie Gehrinf United States
Jackie Gehrinf
Apple Desert  1 refrigerater sugar cookie dough,roll out in cookie sheet,bake as directed for cookie about 10-12 min. cool,then mix 1 8oz. cream cheese with 1/2 cup peanut butter spread on cool cookie dough,then dice up 2 apples sprinle on top then add choped peanuts and sprinkle with carmal ice-cream syrup.Keep refrigerated till serving. I have people request me to bring this for a dessert all the time and it's quick and easy
1/24/2010 12:28:23 AM
Rich United States
Rich
warm banana bread, butter, peanut butter, and honey mmmmmm goood
1/24/2010 12:30:02 AM
Jackie Gehrinf United States
Jackie Gehrinf
When I was younger my mom use to make homemade pizza dough the next morning for breakfeast she would take a plain shell and bake it,then when it came out of the oven and she would spread butter all over it and then Jiff peanut butter,it would be all soft and runny but so good,we would eat our english muffins toasted with butter and jiff peanut butter all melted'still to this day is the only way I eat a english muffin.mmmmmm!!!!!!!
1/24/2010 12:32:01 AM
Jackie Gehrinf
Jackie Gehrinf
1/24/2010 12:33:32 AM
Becky United States
Becky
When my Mom was a young girl she ate Peanut Butter, Cheddar Cheese and Sweet Pickle Relish sandwiches.  She got me to try one and it was delicious.  It's a fond memory of my Mom. Also, when she was young she couldn't say Peanut Butter, it was "Pooh Boo".  Miss you Mom!!
1/24/2010 12:34:06 AM
Andy Barrey United States
Andy Barrey
Have you ever tried smoked oysters with peanut butter? I haven't tried it in a sandwich, but a guy on our hotshot fire crew had a birthday cake with peanut butter and smoked oysters for frosting-it was good!!
I can't even get my wife to try it though. She does have good taste -she married me- by GOD's Grace.
Andy
1/24/2010 12:36:14 AM
Faith Sisters in Christ United States
Faith Sisters in Christ
KLOVE AND CHRISTIANS this is not about peanut butter but this is a way that i know you will read this!
GOD HAS CALLED ME TO HAITI TO  MINISTER AND HELP, BUT I AM ONLY 13-YEARS OLD AND I REALLY FEEL THAT I PHYSICALLY NEED TO GO THERE AND HELP AND HAVE PEOPLE GIVE THEIR LIVES TO CHRIST! CHRIST! PLEASE PRAY THAT THROUGH SOME MIRACOULAS WAY GOD WILL LET ME GO SOON! I KNOW JESUS IS COMING BACK SOON AND I REFUSE TO LET PEOPLE GET LET HERE ON EARTH OR GO TO hell! PLEASE PRAY AND ASK JESUS INTOY OUR HEART! DON'T STOP PRAYING! GOD IS LOVE! GOD IS LOVE! GOD IS LOVE
1/24/2010 12:37:20 AM
Faith Sisters in Christ United States
Faith Sisters in Christ
GOD IS LOVE! ASK JESUS INTO YOUR HAERT! JESUS IS COMING BACK SOON! PLEASE PRAY! ASK JESUS INTOM YOUR HEART!
1/24/2010 12:39:19 AM
Faith Sisters in Christ United States
Faith Sisters in Christ
CAN SOON WE COMMENT ABOUT HOW GOD AND JESUS AND THE HOLY SPIRIT HAS BLEESED US AND NAME ONE THING TO THANK GOD FOR AND MAKE A GOAL AND GIVE OUR LIFE TO CHRIST
1/24/2010 1:12:06 AM
Karen Kruger United States
Karen Kruger
We eat peanutbutter pickles and Mayo sandwiches at our house. I know it sounds gross. But try it sometime. The bread must be toasted and it has to be thin sliced Clausen dill pickles. Very good!
1/24/2010 1:26:43 AM
Julie United States
Julie
Still a favorite with my kids ages 19, 18 and 13 is grilled pnut butter and jelly sandwiches. Make a pnut butter and jelly sandwich and then grill it like grilled cheese. Really good when the pnut butter is warm and runny!

My favorite is pnut butter on my hamburger. It's really good!

Eat a spoonful of pnut butter to stop the hiccups. It really works!
1/24/2010 1:55:00 AM
Alissa-Jo United States
Alissa-Jo
My father loves a peanut butter,red onign and pickle sandwich.I don't like the ongin but love the pickles.
1/24/2010 1:55:07 AM
Miriam United States
Miriam
Peanut butter, sliced banana with a squirt of chocolate syrup on toasted whole week bread. All but the chocolate is healthy. Hmm, isn't chocolate another food group? And I am blessed to have this and all the other wonderful things God brings to our lives. We have been blessed to have choices in foods when others have none.
1/24/2010 2:00:59 AM
Tammy Royer United States
Tammy Royer
I bake peanut butter and chocolate chip yeast rolls in the oven.  Then top them off with icing that consists of powdered sugar and real butter.  I know it's not the traditional pb&j, but it's still a sandwich.  People who eat them just rave about them.  They usually say something like, "Oh, I usually eat cinnamon rolls, but this with peanut butter and chocolate chips is great!"  I enjoy making them.  It's an R&R for me to bake.  When my husband comes home and sees the counter full of baked goods he usually says something like, "Bad day, huh?"
Love your program, it gets me from Anderson to Indy to work twice a day.  On the way home, I really need it after a usually crazy day.  I thank God for you.
1/24/2010 8:18:16 AM
ABA United States
ABA
I like PB,J&P! The P stands for pickles it is really good! Try it!

P.S. I listen to K-Love every morning before work
1/24/2010 8:23:08 AM
Jacob United States
Jacob
I lieke my PBJ with bananas and Butterfinger. It is great and I thank God for that idea!!!!
1/24/2010 8:41:33 AM
Kellie Berg United States
Kellie Berg
I cleaned the house of a gentleman who shared his Peanut butter & Sweet Walla Walla Onion & yes mayonaise  sandwich recipe with me. I know it sounds Awful! however, put a light spread of mayonaise on one side of the bread and peanut butter on the other and slice a fresh Walla Walla Sweet onion on top and enjoy!! Amazing!! I loved it. Smile all the flavors mesh perfectly.

Kellie

1/24/2010 8:55:50 AM
francisca United States
francisca
My son is 7yrs old, one day he wanted a P&J but i was busy @the time were i told him he would have to wait a minute. Well he took it upon himself to make it and instead of jelly he decided to use his favorite topping Louisiana Habenero Hotsauce. He told me he made his own but used that instead I was very affraid, but he loved it. This is now his snack of choice and wants to get me to try but I dont think thats going to happen, i'm a P&J person.
1/24/2010 9:50:12 AM
john United States
john
try putting a light glaze of peanut butter on fried chicken & U will be near heaven, promise.!
1/24/2010 11:38:04 AM
Carlos United States
Carlos
We have a family recipe it's called a "Fluff-a-nana-nutter-y"  It's a peanut butter, marshmallow, banana and honey sandwhich.  It's extremely delicious and I am sure bad for you, but it's very, very good...Especially with a glass of ice cold milk....
1/24/2010 11:19:23 PM
Vince United States
Vince
When my mom was pregnant with my brother she craved peanut butter, bacon, onion, and mayo on toast sandwiches.  Take it one step further and grill it.  VERY TASTY, but keep the Rolaids close.
1/25/2010 12:00:37 AM
Katy United States
Katy
My Grandpa used to eat a peanut butter and dill pickle sandwich. I always thought it was nasty!
1/25/2010 12:27:21 AM
matthew Bitter United States
matthew Bitter
I put crunchy Peanut Butter on my Hot dogs. So far no is willing to try it. I still put ketchup and pickle relish on it also. SOOO Good!!! It adds extra texture and taste.
1/25/2010 12:43:53 AM
Kaley United States
Kaley
i really enjoy peanut butter and marshmallow cream! Its sooooo good! And add a banana to that to make it even better!
1/25/2010 2:43:40 AM
Melanie Dore' United States
Melanie Dore'
We eat peanut butter 2 ways in our house hold.
1st it has to be Jif creamy no other peanut butter is allowed in our house(husband rule).
1st way we eat it is 2 tbl of Jif in a bowl, then you use log cobin syrup and pour it on top of peanut butter( if you measure syrup use 4 tbl)then mix well and eat.
2nd recipe:toast a slice of berad(or however much you eat) after tosted spread PB(Jif) place on microwave plate and pour syrup(Log Cabin)on top of that pop it in the microwave heat for about 10 to 12 sec. take it out it's all hot & gooey then eat. Both recipes go w/ a Tall glass of Milk.

1/25/2010 3:43:27 AM
Jeff Gravel Canada
Jeff Gravel
I love your show when I'm down in the Brockville or Kingston corridor. (I live in Ottawa now.) Heard you folks discussing pb sandwiches on Feb 10, my mother's birthday- she passed away in 2006, but not before recommitting her life to Christ! Anyway, years and years ago, Mom made a bunch of different sandwiches for dinner one day, one of them was pb and marachino cherries! It was a hit with me; I suppose I should try it again, someday...

Cheers!

Jeff
1/25/2010 2:03:34 PM
Yvonne United States
Yvonne
I have a 6 year old son who doesn't like cake, cookies, or brownies so I had to come up with something I could get him to eat on his birthdays. He LOOOVES peanut butter so we created the ULTIMATE PB SANDWICH on graham crackers!!!!

1 - Cinnamon sugar graham cracker

Spread on Creamy Jif peanut butter, as thick as you like.

1 - large scoop of Marshmallow Cream

Drizzle chocolate syrup over top

Place in microwave for 20-30 sec. depending on microwave settings.

Small scoop of ice-cream

Maraschino cherry on top!!!

If you would like to make is a sandwich you simply spread peanut butter on another and place it on top.
1/25/2010 11:45:00 PM
Amanda United States
Amanda
When I was about 5, we moved in with my grandparents.  Each day after school, my grandmother was there with a peanut butter and dill pickle sandwich.  Just thinking about it makes my mouth water.  AH...the memories a simple sandwich can bring back.  I have 5 children, and each one of them grew up with these, and they can gross out their friends each and every time!  Gotta love my G.ma.  ac.
2/2/2010 10:15:40 AM
Cassie United States
Cassie
This makes me want to try new things with peanut butter! Anyways, i love to put bananas and strawberries with my peanut butter sandwiches.
2/6/2010 9:09:35 PM
audrey United States
audrey
Peanut butter and honey. Yum!
2/11/2010 10:12:37 PM
Kim United States
Kim
Hey, don't know if this is over yet. But anyway, my daughter, since she was about 4 and is now 6, soon will be 7, loves this combo. Bread, regular or toasted. With butter, butter must be first. Then peanut butter. She wants me to try it all the time because I tell her she's crazy, but I'll pass.
2/14/2010 2:22:57 AM
Dayna's mom United States
Dayna's mom
Toast
peanut butter mix with honey
top with marshmellow cream...
YUM!
3/25/2010 10:33:17 AM
Colleen Duncan United States
Colleen Duncan
Peanut Butter and Grape jelly with Sweet Pickle Relish!! yummmy... enjoyed those since a little kid...
3/26/2010 7:26:50 PM
Leandra United States
Leandra
Bread, peanut butter, honey, and strawberries, can't get a better sandwich!  The honey and strawberries and peanut butter together is amazing!!!!
9/29/2010 2:46:31 PM
Bob (can't even boil water) United States
Bob (can't even boil water)
After eating PB & Pickle sandwiches and an occasional PB, mayo, lettuce sandwich, I wanted a BLT but had no bacon, so I substituted Peanut butter for the bacon (protein is protein)..thus Peanut butter, mayo, lettuce, pickles, tomato...isn't life grand?