Sep 13 2012

Special Guest Jason Jamison

Jason is the drummer for Tenth Avenue North.

We will talk with Jason about their new tour and new album The Struggle (Amazon | iTunes). You can download their title track, The Struggle, FREE in our Music Room.

Check out their tour dates, watch videos and learn more about the guys at TenthAvenueNorth.com.

Reminiscing about NY & Partnering to see Christ lifted high.

Acknowledge the Struggle

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (1) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
Sep 13 2012

September 13, 2012

So thankful for modern medicine, especially since losing my mother to cancer years ago, doctors have come a long way. Kathy Bates reveals cancer battle, recovering from double mastectomy. NBC News

NYC passes ban on supersized sugary drinks. TODAY

Christopher Manacci, Ohio Man, Saves Same Stranger Twice, 8 Years Apart (VIDEO). Huffington Post. "The odds of that happening are astronomical."

Energizer makes button battery packages safer for kids. USA TODAY

Hard to believe it's that time already. Thanksgiving Travel: 5 Painful Truths. abc News

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (0) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
Sep 12 2012

Apple iPhone 5 Confirmed!

iPhone 5 Features: Apple Announces New Phone, iPods. Good Morning America

If you've even walked by a computer today, I'm sure you've heard that the new iPhone was announced by Apple. They said, "We have updated every aspect of iPhone 5." A more powerful A6 processor will make the new phone twice as fast as the iPhone 4S. It also has a bumped-up audio system and an upgraded iSight camera.

If that's not enough, "iPhone 5's camera will have new better low-light capabilities and a panorama mode," Apple said.

As the proud owner of the iPhone 4s, which was the "cool kid in school" until this morning, I'm conflicted about the news!

What do you think, will you upgrade or buy the new iPhone 5?

(Read full story)

Amy Grant is Coming!!!
Feb 16 2010

Amy Grant is Coming!!!

Kelli and I are excited about having Amy Grant in the studio with us this afternoon!  Kelli wanted to be her and is totally geeking out!!!

Do you have any questions for Amy???  Who did you want to be growing up???

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (126) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

1/28/2010 8:22:36 PM
Lisa Elliott United States
Lisa Elliott
Ask her when will her show called 3 wishes be back on here in N.H.I love that show and miss watching it ask her if they changed channel and I din't know about it Love her music she rocks love you Amy Grant I have a poster of her up on my wall,love you K-Love
1/28/2010 8:24:35 PM
Dana United States
Dana
I love you Amy Grant!  The first concert I went to was when you were alone with your guitar and we sat in folding chairs.  You had me hooked from that time on.  You were maybe 16 or 17 and I was maybe 14 or 15.  I've always thought you and I would be great friends growing up.  You have such a wonderful persona.  I've been to several of your concerts.  My favorites are when you are at Celebrity Theater in Phoenix, AZ.  I remember your daughter dressed up in her elegant Belle costume. She's adorable.  My blessings to you and your family. Keep on playing, you have lots of fans who love your style.
1/28/2010 8:28:02 PM
Bridget United States
Bridget
LOVE Amy Grant - looking forward to listening to her coming up.  And - who'd I want to be while I was growing up?  Laura Ingalls of course!  ;o)
1/28/2010 8:31:53 PM
Lori Bourke United States
Lori Bourke
I wanted to Amy Grant when I was growing up too!  I still love her!!
1/28/2010 8:32:48 PM
Faith Sisters in Christ United States
Faith Sisters in Christ
I think it would be cool to be Francesca Battastelli and I am only 13-years-old right now! Francesca is so cool! I love her!
1/28/2010 8:34:36 PM
Chelsee United States
Chelsee
I used to want to be Hillary Duff.  I don't any more though.
1/28/2010 8:36:02 PM
Beth United States
Beth
I wanted to be Natalie Wood.........Since she is Dead now and I have grown up - I want to be like Jesus!
1/28/2010 8:36:33 PM
Lori Bourke United States
Lori Bourke
I wanted to be Amy Grant too!  I still love her!
1/28/2010 8:40:38 PM
Amanda Bacon United States
Amanda Bacon
Oh man, my sister and I SO wanted to be Amy Grant... we had all her "tapes" and then eventually CDs... My Mom, sister, and I listened on all of our car trips and around the house... and in 1986, I was 8 years old as we were moving to Alaska driving through an icy mountain pass in Canada.  Our motorhome went off the road and crashed alongside a mountainside, where it remained stuck for hours and hours.  A male passerby offered to help my Mom, sister, and I get to the next town so we could stay warm and wait for my Dad and brother to get the motorhome towed.  We were scared to death to get into this man's van with carpet-lined walls... but did so by faith...  and low and behold what was playing on his tape deck??? AMY GRANT!!!!  We knew God was taking care of us, it was a moment I'll never forget... and he used the music of Amy to let us know we were going to be okay.  Smile

Amanda in Alaska
1/28/2010 8:41:20 PM
Tami United States
Tami
I remember as a child wanting to be like several people but as I got older I went through this fetish of wanting to have hair like Meg Ryan, and actually look good in that hair (as no one else can). I would try for years to get it right until I finally gave up and resolved to having un-cool long hair! I too was big into Amy Grant but I don't think I really wanted to be her. I did (like another listener) dream about being on Little House on the Prairie, but not be Laura Ingals, but be myself with today's knowledge (and money) and be her friend.
1/28/2010 8:41:24 PM
Vickie Aguilar United States
Vickie Aguilar
When I lived in San Antonio in 1988 I took my 10 year old daughter to see Amy in Austin and then again that year in San Antonio. We have always loved Amy's music and have followed her over the years. Now my daughter is sharing the same music with her daughters who are 11 and 8. We all love having this bond between us. They blessed me with a sweet gift of Amy's book Mosaic for Christmas two years ago. They even let me 'share' in the family concert Amy gave in Augusta last year. I live in the Phoenix area so my daughter called me and let me listen over the phone. God bless you Amy.
1/28/2010 8:43:34 PM
Sandy Symes Australia
Sandy Symes
I ♥ Amy Grant! She got me through my teenage years. Please thank her for that and tell her I still love listening to her - my daughter has also become a fan! Bless her heaps. And thanks for your program. I've not long been a listener and it's so nice to be able to have you on in the background. It's a great way to catch up with the latest in Christian Music. You guys rock! xoxo
1/28/2010 8:43:48 PM
angie United States
angie
I have been listening to Amy Grant since 1984!  Every great memory I have as a child, teenager, young adult, married woman, mother is somehow connected to one of your songs.  I walked down the aile to  "double good to you" on my wedding day and played " I will be your friend" at my reception.  I love all your albums and relate so much to your lyrics. I love that you're honest and the first one to confess your faults.  Thank you so much for all your years of music and I am hoping that your best is yet to come.

Ps  I am insisting that my children have you on their ipods.
1/28/2010 8:45:03 PM
Steve United States
Steve
If you feel comfortable,please ask Amy this question. I have her Unguarded album and side one is on both sides of the album. No joke!!! Please ask her if she would be willing to buy my album since I'm really struggling financially and looking for work. I've loved Amy's music and have almost every album she's ever made. I've never wanted to be Amy since I'm a guy, but would love to see her in concert!
Thanks, Steve
1/28/2010 8:48:35 PM
Mike United States
Mike
This will probably date me...I wanted to play guitar like Phil Keaggy...sing like Barry McGuire...and write songs like Larry Norman...wanna guess how old I am?
1/28/2010 8:49:07 PM
Yvonne Hanks United States
Yvonne Hanks
Hi Kelli, Scott & Amy!

I had the pleasure of seeing Amy during her House of Love Tour, at Red Rocks here in Colorado.  I had purchased at T-shirt that I proudly wore afterward.  Someone who has know me for years asked me, "How did you get that picture of you on your t-shirt?  That is really cool." That so, made my day!
I, like Kelli, have been a huge fan of Amy's since I first heard her when I was in Jr. High. I'm not sure I wanted to be her but I remember wishing my car would break down near her ranch & she would be out riding her horses & take me to her house to use the phone...back in the day, we had no cell phones..lol! I have been a huge fan to this day.
Amy has walked me through many hardships & many joys.  I played her music at my wedding & rocked my babies to the sound of her voice.
She helped me find my way back to Jesus, through some pretty dark times. Thank you for your truth, even when it hurts.  You are willing to say what needs to be said, even if it isn't confortable.
Thank you for speaking the truth in love.

A fellow lover of old quilts & horses,

Yvonne (Vonnie) Hanks
1/28/2010 8:50:32 PM
Claudia Anderson United States
Claudia Anderson
Amy Grant was the first Christian artist we listened to.  When was a teen, I didn't know Christian music was anything other than hymns.  Then I bought "My Father's Eyes" and I haven't looked back! THANK YOU! I saw Amy Grant at the Colorado State Fair and of course after that, I dearly wanted to be Amy Grant!
1/28/2010 8:56:49 PM
Heather Johnson United States
Heather Johnson
Amy Grant Was my hero!
Growing up I didn't want be her. I wanted her to be my best friend! She kind of was, as I listened to her all the time (especially when things were rough or scary) it was kind of like she was always around reminding me GOD was in control and loved me very much. Could you play some of her great songs? ? Please she is comming into the studio. My favorite was gods got angles watching over me!
thanks
1/28/2010 8:57:12 PM
Debbie United States
Debbie
I grew up going to Amy Grant concerts. She was great and her music ministered to me as a young teen!  My husband I even named our first daughter "Sharayah" after one of her songs on the "Unguarded" album. Anything she can share with us about that song?  Our family has a tradition of always playing Amy's "Christmas Album" on Christmas morning. It just wouldn't be the same without it.  Thanks Amy for all the great music!
1/28/2010 8:58:01 PM
Jasmine United States
Jasmine
Cool! Please ask her what the hardest part of her career is. I'm in high school so I don't have a real job yet Smile I first wanted to be a teacher, and now I want to be a doctor or counselor. Thanks!
1/28/2010 8:58:27 PM
Charles United States
Charles
I saw Amy in Fresno, CA 1981. I was in love when she sang El-shadi. I wanted to be her boyfriend I was 19.
1/28/2010 9:01:10 PM
PATRICIA United States
PATRICIA
I used to listen to Amy Grant when i was younger.
we made a Cd for my son for his 18 birthday  with the song she sang - Carry me. TO let him know that even if we let him down god always carries him, no matter what. I'm trying to find one of her old cd.  She's wearing a jacket and smilling down. I think it beeen so long.  Can you E-mail me with the name if you know it.  also ask her if she can sing that song carry me. pat thank you
1/28/2010 9:01:20 PM
Breanna Janzen Canada
Breanna Janzen
I've always wanted to 'be' Rebecca St. James. I love how she has such a sensitive heart towards Jesus, and how she stands for purity. In today's society, where purity seems to be forgotten, it is nice to have a role model like Rebecca St. James who is encouraging others to live in purity of heart, soul, and mind.
1/28/2010 9:01:27 PM
Laura Hollis United States
Laura Hollis
I wanted to be Amy Grant! I had all the tapes (yes, tapes back then)... even a song book... memorized all the words... My mom would play the songs on the piano and I would sing. Father's Eyes, Fat Baby... Arms of Love is probably my all-time favorite. I would just play the tape and cry to that one... oh the love of the Father unveiled in the words of that song! I'm going home to see if I can find my tapes! Smile
1/28/2010 9:01:29 PM
Tammy Otten United States
Tammy Otten
Scott, are you kidding me!!!  You are such a guy!!! Being a girl of course I wanted to be Amy Grant! Amy has ALWAYS been my favorite singer. I have followed her since 1980.  I have been to many of her concerts.  I have ALWAYS wanted to meet Amy and her family.  I am also a big fan of her husband, Vince Gill.
1/28/2010 9:01:52 PM
Tammy United States
Tammy
A few years ago we were vacationing in Destin, FL and my husband went to play golf with his boss who was also in town.  When he came home he had this grin all over his face and he showed me his golf card - I thought maybe he had made a hole-in-one!  Missing the obvious, he pointed out that the card was signed, but I couldn't make out the signatures.  Then he showed me the picture of him, his boss, Vince Gill and Amy Grant!  I was so jealous!  He said she was beautiful, very sweet and a very good golfer.  I don't think he wanted to BE Amy but I'm pretty sure he wanted to be Vince Gill!  Smile
1/28/2010 9:02:20 PM
Aimee Wheller United States
Aimee Wheller
Dorothy Hammel
1/28/2010 9:03:48 PM
Laurie J United States
Laurie J
Kelly,

How funny!  I would totally 'geek' out too if I were going to meet Amy Grant, for goodness sake!  I saw her during one of her first concert tours (she was barefoot and sat on a stool with her guitar) -- I think she was with the Imperials when Russ Taft was their lead singer.  Great memories!  I also sang all of her songs ... Father's Eyes; YEP, TOTAL GEEK!
1/28/2010 9:09:28 PM
Ada Marie United States
Ada Marie
I want to see you in Denver!  Will Scott n Kelli give away a concert ticket????????
1/28/2010 9:10:03 PM
Lisa United States
Lisa
Just wondering why don't you play her music. i love her and have always wanted to be like her when I was little. But I just was wondering even now that you are having her in the studio your not playing her music. why????
Lisa
1/28/2010 9:11:10 PM
Jennifer United States
Jennifer
Growing up I loved Amy Grant.  However the song of hers that impacted my life the most was off her Baby Baby album called "Ask Me." It is about sexual child abuse.   I was like that frightened little girl and people didn't understand how I could go through what I went through and still have faith in God.  I said how could I have survived what I survived and NOT have faith in God.  He was there for me through everything even when my own mom didn't protect me.

I was 15 when that album came out.   It was healing for me.  Then just last month I was listening to my MP3 player.  My husband had converted all my old CDs to MP3s for me.  When that song played I realized how much that song still ministers to me.
1/28/2010 9:11:22 PM
Maryann United States
Maryann
I have always LOVED Amy Grant. When I was growing up she was one of my favorite singers, and I would say that I wanted to be her or Rachel Llampa(sp?) But everytime i hear Amy Grant's songs i remember my childhood, Love it!
1/28/2010 9:15:08 PM
Christine United States
Christine
Though I didn't want to be Amy, her music basically kept me sane when I was in a rough patch of my life and were extremely instrumental in me giving my heart to Jesus.  Thanks Amy for sharing your heart through your music.  I continue to be richly blessed!
1/28/2010 9:15:29 PM
Susan Mather Barone United States
Susan Mather Barone
Please let her know that she has touched my life from the first song I heard from her, El Shaddai, back in the '80s until today, 25 years later. I am so glad I had her with me during some of the valleys in life especially. In my 20s, it was "Behind the Eyes" that I recall reaching out to me when I was anxious, depressed and felt so alone in life. Though I may never meet her until we're in heaven, I want her to know now how thankful and blessed I am for God giving her the gift of her voice and her songwriting. God bless you, Amy, and your extended family. Smile
1/28/2010 9:16:29 PM
Debbi Everly United States
Debbi Everly
I just want to say that Amy Grant was definitely my hero(ine) growing up. I always wanted to sing and until I was introduced to her music, I didn't know there was such a thing as Christian music outside of church. Thanks to Amy and one other musician, Carman, I grew up singing and writing, and still worship with my church choir and raise my praise whenever I can. Thanks!!!
1/28/2010 9:16:43 PM
Pele (reads "Pelly") United States
Pele (reads "Pelly")
I've liked Amy Grant since I first heard about her in Taiwan more than 10 years ago.  Yes I'm an immigrant and No I've never wanted to be any else.  I'm a big fan of God and his creation. I think he did a great job creating me.  Not to say I'm perfect but I'm happy to be me. =)
1/28/2010 9:17:10 PM
Lois Lewis United States
Lois Lewis
Finally found your page!  Just wanted you to know growing up I wanted sing and play the guitar like Amy Grant.  I love her range;  fit me perfectly.  I also share her birthday, to the year. I do wonder what time she was born, if she knows.  We are the same age she looks wonderful, and well, I do look the age!  God bless you, and I love your music, and think of you especially on our birthday!
1/28/2010 9:17:26 PM
Jewell United States
Jewell
Growing up I wanted to be anyone but me.  Life was hard and anyone else was better than me.  In the late 80's God blessed me with a really good friend who took me as I was (I was a wreck). She sang in church and the first song I heard my friend sing was Angels Watching Over Me, by Amy Grant.  I got the tape and played that song over and over.  It really touched me and God spoke to me where I was.  Today, Praise God, I like being me.  I worked through the difficulties and found God to be awesome and mighty.  I like who I am and part of that is because of the songs Amy and my friend sang.
1/28/2010 9:19:22 PM
lynda schmutte United States
lynda schmutte
My 2 sisters and I grew up listening to her music in the 70's and loving them. Mountain top, old mans ruble, were just a couple i remember from her older albums.   Would you be able to play any of these today!! Thanks.
1/28/2010 9:19:40 PM
Mary Murray United States
Mary Murray
Hi, Scott and Kelli I was just listening to you on the radio and I too love Amy Grant. I am 21 and a total child of the 80's. So don't feel old Kelli. I love how you called Francesca "Frannie" my middle name is France and my whole family calls me Frannie. I feel like I can relate to her now. I am writing because I have been down lately. In May of last year my boyfriend of over three years and I, broke up. I miss him so much, he is my best friend. Our Anniversary would have been this month on the 25th. Could you please pray for me with my struggle of missing him. I love him dearly and want him to know I am very sorry for the wrong doings I have done against him. I love you both have a blessed week and stay safe.
1/28/2010 9:20:15 PM
Karen United States
Karen
I remember listening to Amy Grant when I was growing up. I especially remember 'Ask Me' off her CD 'Heart in Motion'. I tried to "disappear" too. I was 10 years old. I wondered "Where did He go in the middle"?

I always wanted to ask Amy Grant, "How do you know? How do you know there is a God up in Heavens"? I struggled for years.

When things were really tough I would listen to "Ask Me" over and over and it would help me hang in there. And I really wanted to ask Amy.

I don't know how or why I survived and returned to sanity, but I do know that I didn't give up. God did the rest.

Now I can say, "His mercy is bringing me life again!!" Now I know there is a God up in Heaven, and He is Good. I am 27 years old, have a little apartment and a cat, and a job that meets my financial needs. My life is better than I ever imagined it could be when I was a child. I am living my small miracle - I have healed from much and I'm moving onward, with the grace of God.

Thank you Amy Grant, for the song 'Ask Me'. These words gave me hope through very dark times.

Saved by Grace,
Karen
1/28/2010 9:20:32 PM
SSean Cooke United States
SSean Cooke
It has always been a tie between James Bond (Sean Connery, of course) and my Dad.
1/28/2010 9:22:56 PM
Dena Boggan United States
Dena Boggan
Smile There wasn't anyone special I wanted to be when I was growing up - I just wanted to sing. Amy Grant's first album was the first Christian album I was allowed to have.  I sang her song "Mimi's House" to my grandmother (changed the word Mimi to Mammaw") on her 80th birthday & was humbled by the joy it brought to her. I've sung many of Amy's songs over the years. It always seemed we were kindred spirits. I know we are Christian sisters, for sure.  She got me through some pretty rough patches with her music.  I didn't want to be her - I wanted to sing backup for her!!!  Smile  Mama Dee
1/28/2010 9:23:19 PM
Tammy Davis United States
Tammy Davis
I just called and spoke to someone at the station.  However, I grew up listening to Amy Grant. I loved every one of her songs. Always seemed to have a song that would make me smile or lift my spirits when I needed it. When I was pregnant I listened to her age to age album over and over. When my daughter was born and for a very long time I sang (or should I say tried to sing) Amy Grant to her.  I sang a song I have not heard on the radio or anywhere. I dont even remember the song title. But some of the words are 'when the weight of all my dreams are resting heavy on my head, and all the thoughtful words of help and hope have all been nicely said.... I think the song is called "All I ever have to be."  I sang that song to her because I felt, she would know - all she has to be is what God has made her, and she didnt have to conform or be what every one else wants her to be. The other day I was cleaning and I started singing the song and she looked at me (now 19) and started singing it and said that song always comforts her.  Anyhow. I just wanted to say, no matter your age Amy Grant will always be timeless, classic and amazing.

God Bless. Smile

Tammy Davis
1/28/2010 9:23:58 PM
Bryce Parish United States
Bryce Parish
I do like Amy but in 2nd grade I wanted to be Amelia Earhart so badly. I then realized that crashing mysteriously into an ocean is not the  greatest career builder.

1/28/2010 9:26:08 PM
Kim United States
Kim
No questions, but a big thank you to Amy for her music and her faith. I have listened to Amy for 27 years and she has been one of my best friends. Through her music, she has shared my happiest and saddest times and reminded me that God is truly in control and cares for me. When I sit in the audience at her concerts, I usually cry as she takes the stage because it is like seeing a good friend after a long absence. I appreciate all she has done for contemporary Christian music!
1/28/2010 9:27:02 PM
Cristy Egger United States
Cristy Egger
I have always loved Amy Grant since I was 16years old and still to this day love her music.   I love singing to it still.   She has been a great inspiration to my faith.
1/28/2010 9:27:42 PM
Chelsea Corbin United States
Chelsea Corbin
My Hero Was Francessca Battestelli.. She Is Someone Who Has A Great Personality.. I Love To Watch Her Stand Up On Stage And Not Be Afraid.. I Love To Sing And Now I Am Able To Get Up In Front Of My Church And Be A Crazy Chelsea Like Me!!(:
xoxoxoxo
-chelsea(:
God Bless!!
1/28/2010 9:32:51 PM
kate United States
kate
I'm 8 years old and I would totally like to be like Sandy Duncan--she's such a good actress/dancer/singer! When I grow up I want to be a dance teacher/dancer like her ! I totally love your music on K-love and God bless you!
1/28/2010 9:34:44 PM
Paul Zelez United States
Paul Zelez
July 1988, meet my now wife at a church youth camp.
We ended up in the same class (sign language) & she taught my how to sign Amy Grants "I Have Decided"
Jennifer my wife is deaf... Amy Grants music has helped me a rough teenage life (parents divorced, losing a house, and the passing of my Great Grandma)Her music ministered to me in my low times & also lead me to learn sign language, then I meet Jennifer. God truly works in wonderful ways.
Although things didnt last too long for us (she was 14 & lived in Vegas & I 17 lived in Phoenix) we did write to each other, Our paths crossed again in 1999 after my 1st marriage had ended, we have now been together for over 10years & happily married for 8. Thank you Amy for your music!
God Bless.
Paul.
1/28/2010 9:35:17 PM
Lisa United States
Lisa
I love Amy Grant, she was the first christian artist I was introduced to, can't wait to hear the new song.."Arms of Love"..  I have traveled up to 8 hours to see her in concert, talked to her my first time at her farm back in the 80's.  She'll remember "chicken bones and the dogs".  Since then, went to several concerts and get to go talk to her back stage.....She has been a part of my life for so many years and I sing "Breath of Heaven" at Christmas every other year and this past year did it like she does, with an orchestra, an awesome experience, everytime I am asked to sing in church, I sing an Amy song....Thanks Amy for being there and recording music that affects the lives of so many people.. See ya in August in Tennessee!!  Smile

Lisa in West Tennessee

p.s. I wanted Amy to adopt me...
1/28/2010 9:35:26 PM
Anita United States
Anita
My 77 year old mom still owns her own alteration business in a small town in North Mississippi.  She has always been a fan of quartets and normally has no idea who we are speaking of when we speak of current Christian artists.  So imagine my surprise a few years ago when I was visiting her business shop and noticed an autographed picture of Amy Grant.  When I asked mom about the picture, she said she had done the alterations for Amy during her concert in Tupelo, MS.  I was shocked because I had never heard that story!
Recently while visiting my mom, I was sharing this story with my son and others visiting mom... and mom shocked us even further.  She admitted she had also worked with Michael W Smith and Point of Grace at the same concert.  We were all speechless.  When I finally found my voice, I asked "mom, why haven't you ever told us this"?  She answered that she had no idea we knew these people because she had not known of them before the concert!  I'm astounded because we have been Amy Grant fans for almost 30 years and my mom is the one that got to meet her and attend her concert!!!
I want to tell Amy that my mom thought she was incredibly nice, polite and well mannered.  And, oh yes, mom also thought she has a beautiful voice!
Thank you, Amy, for introducing my mom, Bobbie Stephens, to contemporary Christian music!!

Living in His Presence,
Anita
1/28/2010 9:36:32 PM
Rebekah United States
Rebekah
You asked who we wanted to be when we were growing up, ... I wanted to be Tom Sawyer. I wanted to sail down a river on a raft, and stop at deserted islands to camp out. Smile
1/28/2010 9:37:38 PM
Anna Widner United States
Anna Widner
Im 14 and i have always wanted to meet Tobymac and Third Day!! My uncle actually wrote some songs for Third Day but i didn't get a chance to meet them.. I love Tobymacs music because i can jump up and down and sing to his music.

Love your music!!!!
God Bless You

~Anna Smile
1/28/2010 9:37:57 PM
Lisa Elliott United States
Lisa Elliott
Hello Jewell great story love it you go girl God is there with us rember that God loves us all no matter were we are in life God is always there he will never leave us nore for sake us Jeremiah 29:11-13 I had a hard life growing up still had a hard life and when I stared Listening to K-Love not to long ago and Scott and Kelli had said you should find a church to go to so I did God brought me to K-Love and its amazing what God can really do in our lifes Good luck in your walk with God and always pray to him He's there right beside you always.God Bless you.
1/28/2010 9:39:24 PM
Keigan Warren United States
Keigan Warren
I have always wanted to be, meet, and love God like Michael W. Smith. His worship moves my heart and the hearts of so many others. I probably have all of his songs, and a lot of them memorized. I've never seen him in concert, except for on a DVD, but he is still one of my greatest mentors. He taught me to love God with all I have. Thank you Michael.
1/29/2010 2:40:33 AM
Misty Peterson United States
Misty Peterson
I started listening to Amy Grant when I was 14 years old. I did not grow up in a Christian home so I knew nothing about Christian Music. I would babysit for a family who had a Amy Grant casset and that is where first heard her music. Everytime I would go to their house I would listen to the casset. I was able to go to a concert of hers with my youth group when she was in Springfield Mo back in the late 80's. I still love her music! I now have a family of my own and I love to sing to my kids as they are settling down for the night..one of their favorite songs is "Angels watching over me," it is a good memory for them as well as a great testiment of her lasting legacy in Christan music.
1/29/2010 2:40:35 AM
Sandy Australia
Sandy
Fav song -  "Don't Give Up On Me" from Never Alone. Thanks Amy!
(An Aussie Fan!)
1/29/2010 2:41:39 AM
Sonya Moore United States
Sonya Moore
LOVE HER! My mom had a Christian bookstore in the 80's & she was just a part of our lives.  Someday i know God is gonna let me meet her. I played 'Sing your Praise to the Lord' as a recital piece. I sang 'Arms of Love' in church my mom sang more songs than i can count. 'Let me say Once More that i Love You' was sang @ my wedding. Like i said, family friend. The first time i saw her it was just her & her guitar. i was really young and so was she! She was real & thats what i loved about her then & thats what i love about her now!
1/29/2010 2:42:23 AM
Anna Widner United States
Anna Widner
Im 14 and i have always wanted to meet Third day and Tobymac!!!!! They have great music that gets you singing and dancing around... My uncle actually was a song writter for Third Day and got a poster that they signed!!!

Love your music!!! <3

~Anna Smile
1/29/2010 2:42:57 AM
charlie dheir United States
charlie dheir
i had the oppurtunity to meet Amy, Michael W.Smith, and their band when they played the Nassua coliseum in new york. this was on their co-headlining tour, for her LEAD ME ON tour. i was working in a Christian bookstore in new jersey at the time, and was invited by my sales rep for word records at that time(Dave Aldofer). Amy has always been  favorite of me and my wife Lisa. HEART IN MOTION, is my personal favorite cd by amy. could you please play SAY ONCE MORE by her??

charlie
scott township,pa
1/29/2010 2:43:21 AM
Katie Ketcher United States
Katie Ketcher
Growing up, I was the youngest child. I had brothers who were much older than me, and I didn't have a dad. My brothers were the men in my life. I loved them, and I wanted to be just like them. Today, two of them are serving in Afghanistan and one is in the process of becoming a police officer. As always, I'm following in their footsteps and getting ready to serve my country and community as well. I'm a criminology student in college, preparing to be a police woman. If it weren't for my three wonderful brothers, I'm sure I would not be the woman I am today. God knows exactly how to turn ordinary people into heroes, and he knows whose life to put those heroes in. What a great gift!
1/29/2010 2:50:47 AM
Amy United States
Amy
Thank you for being a big part in shaping my younger years.  I've been listening to you since I was in the 2nd grade (pretty much since your first albun) and haven't stopped since.  Your songs have inspired me and helped me understand that other people really do struggle through the same things that I do.

I don't think I've ever actually wanted to BE you, but you are the person that I would choose to hang out with for a day if I could pick anyone that I'd never actually met.  You seem to have amazing insights, and I think that it helps that your life hasn't been all peaches and roses- that's real life- just like the rest of us Smile.

Thanks for being you, and thank you so much for your inspiration.

Amy
1/29/2010 2:50:56 AM
Sandy Hotle United States
Sandy Hotle
I just got in my car to head home from work & I heard you talking about wanting to be Amy Grant.  It made me laugh & brought a very pleasant memory to mind.  When my now 30 year old son was about 8, his elementary school had a talent show and he lip sung an Amy Grant song. He was a small boy on a big stage and belted it out! She was his favorite! He gave no consideration that she was a female or that it was a Christian song being sung in a public school!
1/29/2010 2:51:12 AM
Lisa United States
Lisa
I love Amy Grant, she was the first christian artist I was introduced to, can't wait to hear the new recording of the song.."Arms of Love"..  I have traveled up to 8 hours to see her in concert, talked to her my first time at her farm back in the 80's.  She'll remember "chicken bones and the dogs".  Since then, went to several concerts and go to go talk to her....She has been a part of my life for so many years and I sing "Breath of Heaven" at Christmas every other year and this past year did it like she does, with an orchestra, an awesome experience....Thanks Amy for being there and recording music that affects the lives of so many people.. See ya in August in Tennessee!!  Smile

Lisa in West Tennessee

p.s. I wanted Amy to adopt me...
1/29/2010 2:55:07 AM
Dana from Colorado United States
Dana from Colorado
I am going to see Amy with Friends here in Colorado on Feb. 26th.  I have only missed one of her concerts here, (that I know of) in 26 years of being an Amy fan. God bless Amy and you guys, Scott and Kelli you need to play more of Amy's music!
1/29/2010 2:56:18 AM
Carrie United States
Carrie
No questions, just gratefulness... my story is that when I first heard of Amy Grant(1987)I did not want to be her! I actually couldn't listen to her music or hear her name - I would change the station! I was a new Christian, my one and only child was just born, but I was going thru a divorce. During this time,I had read an article of how well her life was, happily married, doing great in her life,etc. I was not happy...hearing her music brought back bad memories. I know it was bitterness I was going thru and I am thankful that God pulled me out of that because it was Y E A R S later when I was able to listen to her music and I hear her name - I actually purchased one of her christmas cds about two years ago. I know it is silly but no, I didn't want to be her - I probably should have just to feel better and pretend life was great(lol)! Anyway, I know my woes were not her fault! ...If anything, I would just like to apologize...don't get me wrong,I never spoke bad about her I just couldn't listen to the music. Thankfully it is no longer the case! Praise God - He is good!!! =)
1/29/2010 2:56:42 AM
Haleigh McDaniel United States
Haleigh McDaniel
Hey Scott and Kelli! I wanted to be Susan from the Chronicles of Narnia. Now with the movies comeing out, I want to Georgie Henley who plays Lucy. Also in 4th grade, my teacher read On the Banks of Plum Creek by Laura Ingalls Wilder and I wanted to be or had lived in the time of Laura.
1/29/2010 2:57:23 AM
Kim Ham United States
Kim Ham
When I was in college back in the late 70's, Amy came and sang at my university. (Abilene Christian Univ) About that time was my dad's birthday, but I was broke and couldn't afford to get him anything. I wrote him a letter telling him how much I loved him and wrote out the lyrics to "My Father's Eyes". I told him that everyone told me how much I looked like him and that I had his eyes. He was such a godly man and he understood that I meant that spiritually as well as physically. He has gone on to be with the Lord, but that is a memory I will never forget. So thank you, Amy for giving me a special memory of my dad and for reminding me that I will be with him again someday.
1/29/2010 2:59:45 AM
Christina Garcia United States
Christina Garcia
Yes!! I too wanted to be Amy Grant! I grew up singing most if not All of her songs!I loved the fact that she was an Alto singer n her voice wasn't as high ie... (Sandi patti Smile Truly Amy Grant had a Wonderful effect on my life and I thank God for that!I always love to hear about her and how's she's doing over the years. May the Lord continue to use her to touch others about Who and What God is all about!
1/29/2010 3:12:19 AM
Anna Lang United States
Anna Lang
I wanted to be Wonder Woman.  She was so beautiful.  I had blue eyes and I always hoped I would look like her when I grew up.
1/29/2010 3:13:54 AM
Kristen Fox United States
Kristen Fox
I always wanted to be Mary-Kate or Ashley Olsen as a girl. They always had the cute boys and great summer vacations in their movies, but sure glad I never had the opportunity to switch places with them now!
1/29/2010 3:15:15 AM
Scott M United States
Scott M
So does this (Amy Grant) mean that someone else beside myself remembers her self titled Brown Album, (my cassette tape was replaced several times),  I think that was about 1978.

Scott
1/29/2010 3:19:57 AM
Margie Hart United States
Margie Hart
I alway wanted to be Amy because she was married to Vince!  His Aunt is a family friend.  I always had a crush>>>>
1/29/2010 3:22:32 AM
Sara United States
Sara
I've listened to Amy Grant's music since I was a kid. One of my favorite songs has always been Fat Baby...just wondering what the inspiration was for that song? And I'll add...I wanted to be Amy Grant too! I think I'd be freaking out too if I had the chance to meet her!
1/29/2010 3:23:47 AM
Janet United States
Janet
I love Amy like the rest of you. Saw her live in Morgan Hill, Calif. last year. I got to go backstage and she was wonderful! But, hey, she has a soft voice and we can hardly hear her.  Can you turn her mic up?  If we turn up the volume, Scott and Kelli are too loud.
1/29/2010 3:24:01 AM
Carol Tomalty Canada
Carol Tomalty
Listening right now via iTunes. Amy - you were an important part of my teenage years.  Your music made my feel closer to God.  Your troubles made me realize that we all had 'stuff' and that it was better to be real than to put on a good face.

Thanks for hanging in there! Smile
1/29/2010 3:27:48 AM
Stephanie Weathers United States
Stephanie Weathers
Amy Grant was someone that both my husband and I had in common when we first met. Then after we were married for 16 years we were able to attend her concert together in Visalia,CA! It was a very special time!

thanks Amy!
1/29/2010 3:32:01 AM
Becki Fulton United States
Becki Fulton
I wanted to be Amy Grant when I was a little girl, too!! I used to lay in the middle of my living room floor playing all her records and memorizing all the words and trying to mimic the WAY she sang!! But she helped me grow my love of music that carries me to this day!  Sending my thanks to Amy to using her gifts and life to glorify the Lord!!
1/29/2010 3:35:21 AM
Donna United States
Donna
I went back and forth between wanting to BE Amy and wanting to be her best friend...The first time I heard her she was the "warm up" act for another popular Christian band-Dogwood. It was just Amy and her guitar and one mic. I fell in love with her music and have every album she's ever recorded. I actually got to meet her one time at a Christian Artists seminar in Estes Park, CO and she signed my journal and actually chatted with me for awhile. My favorite song growning up was "All I ever Have to be is What You've Made Me". It gave me permission to be me. I am SO happy to hear she has a new CD coming out.
1/29/2010 3:35:47 AM
Dianne United States
Dianne
Amy Grant has had a great uplifting role in my life. She is 1 month and 1 day older than me. Her Collections album is on mt MP3.
"Old Man's Rubble"
and
"All I ever have to be" are my favorite
I share those lyrics with those I know are hurting.
1/29/2010 3:37:07 AM
Debbie United States
Debbie
It is because of Amy that I started listening to Christian Music to now being saved. Thank You Amy, you have touched my heart.
1/29/2010 3:37:16 AM
Becki Fulton United States
Becki Fulton
1/29/2010 3:41:35 AM
Mary United States
Mary
I am so glad to hear Amy Grant on the radio this evening!!I have wished for the last 4 years I could tell her how much she helped me thru a very painful time in my life. My husband of 26 years very suddenly left me for a much younger woman.  Almost on a whim--??--I bought Amy's CD "Rock of Ages" for the song "El Shaddai". But another song, "Carry You" soon began to minister to me in such a way that to this day when I hear the first notes...I relax & feel soothed in a way only God can. Thanks so much Amy for letting God use you in such a wonderful way. You will always be so special to me for that reason. :0)
1/29/2010 3:41:42 AM
Kim H. United States
Kim H.
I wanted to be Dorothy Hamil when I was a kid. I couldn't skate like her, but I had her haircut.
Regarding Amy Grant - my maiden name is Grant and I used to have fun with my new friends and tell them I was realted to Amy Grant. I still have Amy Grant cassettes - CD's too.
1/29/2010 3:43:24 AM
Jacob hidalgo United States
Jacob hidalgo
i have always wanted to be someone rich because they had money.but as i grew i relised it wasnt about the money.ever since i relized how much of a hart my dad had and that everyone tells me that i am going to be a pastor like him when he was a pastor i wanted to be like him.to make this story short my dad has a real big hart he has a bus company and not a big one to.just a nice small one well people have owed him lots of money and om not talking about little amounts im talking about thousands of dollars.now most people would make a big thing about it but my dad doesnt.lots of people love my dad cause of his kindness so i spend every day with him trying to learn from him sorry for the long story.....
1/29/2010 3:49:30 AM
Karen Brazil
Karen
I'm a 26 years old Christian from Brazil and Amy Grant doesn't know, but she was my favorite babysitter when I was a kid. My parents would put her video on and I'd sit quietly for hours!(and I didn't even speak english back then haha) I have all of her cds, her lyrics have blessed me through life and a few years ago I attended one of her christmas concerts while I was in Canada. Great experience. Ask her if she has any plans of visiting Brazil in the future. God bless you all Wink
1/29/2010 3:49:59 AM
Debbie United States
Debbie
I've been a fan of Amy Grant since the early 80's - hers was the first Christian music I ever listened to.  I remember seeing her in concert with this wonderful unknown guy named Michael W. Smith in Concord, CA.  It was a glorious night!  But my very favorite Amy memory is from a concert at the Mountain Winery in Saratoga, CA just a few years ago.  Amy shared the story of her river baptism with her husband, Vince, and her youngest daughter and spoke to my heart with her story of God's REDEEMING love.  I'm so glad Amy continues to sing and to record and to tour - she has "raised" a generation of Christians with her music and God has used her mightily even through or especially through her trials.  Thank you Amy for continuing to trust the Lord through it all and for allowing yourself to be used so mightily by Him.
In God's Grace,
Debbie
P.S.  Please come back to the Bay Area of Northern California in concert!!!  It's been too long.
1/29/2010 3:51:55 AM
Shelia Moore United States
Shelia Moore
Hey Amy, Thank you for your music. I loved it as I was growing up. When I turned 16 my friends knew I loved your music and bought me a ticket to your concert - what a birthday present! That was many years ago - now I'm 44. Well thanks for being on the show It was great to hear your interview. God bless you. Shelia
1/29/2010 3:55:05 AM
Ginny United States
Ginny
I have an idea that I have been dying to ask Amy!!!
Your music has been so powerful at so many stages in my life that I was wondering if you ever thought about remaking any of your earlier music for younger girls for today-I'm a mom of middle school girls and when I listen to your work from Age to Age, Straight Ahead, Unguarded and before hand that would soo speak to them where they are-where I was at that age. What do you think?
1/29/2010 4:03:27 AM
Jen United States
Jen
I loved Amy as a little girl - was there any other "cool" Christian music back then for young girls to listen to? I had "Doubly Good to You" sang at my wedding because God is ALWAYS GOOD and He showed me just how good He is when He led me to my husband (of 12 years now).  Thank you Lord for all you have done for me!
1/29/2010 4:06:22 AM
Dana H. United States
Dana H.
Amy,

Wonderful song with your daughter!  My youngest is a daughter just about 17 years ----- if only we could sing!!!

Remember your song about the "Parking Lot"?  I used to listen to the CD while I did step areobics while my four kids (5 and younger) were in the room!

God's Blessings to you and your family,
In His Love.....
1/29/2010 4:06:23 AM
michelle United States
michelle
i like 2 sing & wite songs. i am 14 and i wondered when amy started writing songs? i also wondered how u got it published? i want 2 be a christian artest as soon as i can. i luv most christian singers. amy's music is defenetly a big influnnce on my life i just want 2 gloriphy God with my voice.
                             thanks
                                  michelle
1/29/2010 4:09:37 AM
Marlo United States
Marlo
I have been an Amy fan since I was 16. Her Unguarded album was played in my car tape player till it about melted! I have been to a few concerts in good old Wichita--my first baby has a signed back stage pass in her baby album. My sister-in-law got it for me; I've never met Amy. It's so funny to read other comments I can relate to. I have always felt like I could be Amy's friend since I can relate to her music so well! The last concert I went with my mom & my 13 yr old daughter. I totally embarassed my daughter by singing in my seat the whole night! Can't wait for new Amy music--love all the old ones! Won't you play some classics for us? Maybe "Saved by Love", one of my all time faves I sing to my six kids.  One last thing, in college years I traveled with a ministry team & when we sang was told I reminded them of Amy. My friend Steve & I would do "Friends" like Amy & MWS at camps! We had so much fun!
1/29/2010 4:11:39 AM
Donna United States
Donna
I am so happy to be listening to you guys and Amy.  I am close to the same age and your songs, Amy were the voice of many of my inner struggles.  I turned 47 last week and to this day, when I get overwhelmed with what it seems like the world and my work are wanting from me I start singing "All I Ever Have to Be" under my breath.  Magically, it all fades away and there is a calm that fills me as God once again reminds me that He is all I ever have to consider.  Bless you, Amy for all the ways you have been willing to be His servant in your life!
1/29/2010 4:13:27 AM
Paul 24 United States
Paul 24
Tell her 24 said hi
1/29/2010 4:15:55 AM
Daniel in Indy United States
Daniel in Indy
I must have been 17 and Unguarded had been out a while and I had a little bit of a crush on Amy.  A local radio station was celebrating an aniversary (5yrs or 10yrs?) and they had a mail a postcard contest to have dinner with Amy (along with other gifts).  I must have purchased and filled out 75 postcards and mailed the to the, somewhat well connected in the Christian Music business DJ.   That Sunday they did the drawing and my name was chosen.  I was excited and actually scared at the same time.  I went to school and let everyone know I was going to have dinner with Amy.. No one belived me until someone who was also was listening confrimed my story.  Two days later I showed up to "collect" my prize.  I walked in the office and saw the lifesized cardboard cut out from the album.  I sat down collect my tapes and other swag but really wanted to find out about the dinner.  Several minutes later the DJ pointed to the life sized cut out and said "any time you want to go, Amy and I will take you to McDonalds."  I sat there stunned and shocked.. not sure how many minutes passed in silence but I collected my items and walked out crushed that they DJ had "mislead" me...  Looking back it is one of those stories that I tell with fond sadness (I'm sure each time I tell it I sound more pathetic).  After all how many people can saw that they were stood up by Amy Grant.  Daniel in Indy

(just for clarificaiton Amy had no knowledge of this contest and had nothing to do with the prize).
1/29/2010 4:21:07 AM
Donna United States
Donna
Would you ask her to tell us about her kids and what they are doing....?
1/29/2010 4:21:29 AM
Lisa Hives United States
Lisa Hives
Amy Grant Rocks!  She was the first one that made Christian music Cool!  My husband and I are huge fans and went to a concert while we were dating and have our pre-wedding/wedding/honeymoon video set to a couple of her songs, Baby Baby and Mario Andretti song (title escapes me).  Tell her we love her in Colorado!!
1/29/2010 4:22:09 AM
Lisa Hives United States
Lisa Hives
Oh by the way we have been married now 17 years.
1/29/2010 4:23:06 AM
michelle United States
michelle
i an currently listening via radio (91.5) i have a ? 4 amy can u ask her 4 me please

amy
                             thanks
                                  michelle

******ps*********
i luv ur show scott & kellie i ride a public school bus home evry day i don't realy like the music they play there so i listen 2 youre show
it's allways super fun thanks 4 the super cool music

1/29/2010 4:23:57 AM
Marie United States
Marie
"All I have to be is what you made me" are the lyrics that have brought me comfort over the years.  I started listening to Amy as a young mother and still listen today.  It seemed like we were sisters at times experiencing the same things at the same time. I'm now a grandmother of 12 and life has been good, but hard at times.  Amy's music has always been there to lift my spirit and turn my face towards the face of God.  Amy, you are a blessing!
1/29/2010 4:24:11 AM
Olga Millsap United States
Olga Millsap
Amy,

I grew up with your music and I absolutely love it.  Thank you for your music and encouragement.
Bless you and your family. Looking forward to your mew CD.  Olga
1/29/2010 4:24:40 AM
JENNY United States
JENNY
So excited to hear you again! Your music was my life-line growing up. There was an Amy song for every single situation I thought I couldn't handle the entire time I was a teenager! I remember sitting on the floor in the front of the empty church after mass listening to your music on my walkman. I really felt like you were singing all about my life so many times. I still buy all your music. Thanks for sharing your beautiful gift with me & all those other teenagers that knew you were singing about them too! And yes, I still listen to your music in church after services, (only on my ipod now!)
1/29/2010 4:27:26 AM
Aubrey United States
Aubrey
Hey Amy! Im 16...My older sister listened to you my whole life... so your music is special to me. SmileShe has bought me a few of your cds over the years. My favorite song is Giggle. Smile
Aubrey
1/29/2010 4:28:18 AM
Scott & Nichole Bishop United States
Scott & Nichole Bishop
Amy, you have been one of our favorite artists.  We have several cd's.  We first saw you and Vince at your Chistmas concert several years ago in Atlantic City.  While we were there, Compassion was there and we signed up to help support a child.  We are so glad that we did that.  We have been blessed by God through the ups and downs.  Just hearing you talking tonight is wonderful.  We had lost a good friend this fall.  One of my wifes best frineds.  She really has had a tough time with it.  She's in the midst of writing a song about her.  She was a one of a kind friend.  A true heart of an angel!  Nichole loves to sing and has written several songs.  Maybe someday her songs will bless people like yours have others.  Thanks & God Bless!
Scott & Nichole
1/29/2010 4:31:08 AM
Nichole United States
Nichole
Hey Amy!!! I just wanted you to know that when I was a young teenager, I remember my cousin brought me to a skating rink and they played your music lots that night... I wasn't a Christian yet, and I even though I was into lots of rock music, I remember thinking and knowing your music was cool, it was different.. and there might be something more to Christianity than I thought.... I thought it was all old style gospel which bored me before, but your music was different, and I knew that. My cousin gave me your cassette and I listened to it over the years till I was saved and beyond and I remember you because of that! Thank you for your music!!!!
1/29/2010 4:33:53 AM
Kathy United States
Kathy
I was saved at the age of 21 in 1986 and I have two Amy Grant Albums still.  She was the first Christian artist I ever listened to and her album Straight Ahead helped me to see God in a new way.  The other album I have is Unguarded.  They both ministered to my heart so much as a new Christian who had been in the party scene and far away from God just months before He saved me.  Thank you Amy for your ministry!
1/29/2010 4:34:20 AM
Heidi Reardon United States
Heidi Reardon
Amy, there are so many thoughts I'd like to express to you, and I wish that there was a significant way to say thank you.  You have been an inspiration to me for as long as I can remember.  As a little girl, I danced in my living room to your music.  You are the artist who always earned back up vocals as I sang at the top of my lungs into my hairbrush. My first solo at church was El Shaddai, and even though I have horrible stage fright, I closed my eyes and just sang from my heart, and felt God so close to me on that day.  No matter what was going on in my life, there was a song waiting with a message I needed to hear, and I thank you for being open to allowing God to work through you, so that He could speak to me.  Thank you, and may you be richly blessed, as you so richly bless others.
1/29/2010 4:42:36 AM
Lisa United States
Lisa
Thanks you for having Amy on the radio tonight...enjoyed it!!  Lisa
1/29/2010 4:46:07 AM
Katie United States
Katie
Amy's House of Love tour was my very first concert when I was in 5th or 6th grade I think. I live in a suburb of Chicago and we actually drove from Chicago to Ft. Wayne and back just for the concert. My grandparents lived in Ft. Wayne and she was at the Colliseum and my grandpa was able to get us 4 tickets. It was my mom, brother, mom's friend, and I. My parents never ever took us out of school for ANYTHING but I remember we got out of school early to go to the concert. Love her music and am totally excited that she's there with you. The full albums of "The Collection" and "House of Love" are on my iPod and I listen to them regularly. Thank you for sharing your talent with us. Love, love, love.
1/29/2010 4:57:25 AM
Denise Davis United States
Denise Davis
Amy, I thank God for your music.  It has gotten me through so many hard times in the past.  I too am 49 years old and have loved your music for years.  I used to rent your Age to Age Video so many times that the video store finally sold it to me. One of my favorite songs is "Father's Eyes." That song touched my heart the first time I heard it. I have always tried to live my life that way. I told my husband those are the words I want engraved on my tombstone. That is how I want to be remembered. I recall you talking about how in our every day lives of running, that we don't ever stop to think about the kind of day others around us are having. And the song "Friends" has taken me through good friends moving away, my mom and sisters funerals and so many other difficult times as a reminder that I will see them all again because of our relationship with The Lord.  Thank you for all the great memories!  Like the woman said earlier on the show, you are the best friend that we will probably never get to actually meet.  I can't wait to get your new CD in March.  If you are going back on tour, I hope that you will consider coming somewhere close to Clarksburg, West Virginia.  Denise Davis

1/29/2010 5:10:17 AM
Kenny J. United States
Kenny J.
my mom is an Amy Grant fan. i love amy grant myself. ask her if shes going to have a concert somewhere in east texas. i live in henderson texas and there are never any concerts near in henderson. i love you guys
1/29/2010 5:25:44 AM
Linda Jorde United States
Linda Jorde
Hey Amy,  Gosh...you may never see this but I wanted you to know the radio interview today really ministered to me...the realness & vulnerability.  Also, I have a friend w/pancreatic cancer...he & his wife have been battling for so long...my own cancer battle kind of overlapped theirs.  But, they're still going.  Your new song...those words...it's going to be just what they need to hear.  I needed it today too.  Thank you for sharing from the heart...for being real - for being you.
1/29/2010 5:34:55 AM
Linda Jorde United States
Linda Jorde
Amy...sorry...2nd comment...shame on me.  I'm listening on YouTube...the song that meant so much that you talked about how Klove was "Better Than a Hallelujah".  I had no idea that one of your experiences was walking w/someone who had cancer.  I had cancer...& I'm walking w/someone who still has cancer.  This song...will really bless them.  Thanks again.
1/29/2010 11:50:36 AM
Emilee United States
Emilee
Tell her that I just adore her music and that she is my role model. Please ask her to make a shout out to Minot ND for Emilee Breuer.
1/29/2010 12:24:15 PM
Mary United States
Mary
I enjoyed listening to part of the interview with Amy Grant.  I've been a Christian for 30 years and I've listened to Klove and to Ms. Grant almost that entire time.  I love the song El Shaddai, however, I was under the impression that Michael Card wrote that song for Ms. Grant to sing.  Is this incorrect?
1/29/2010 1:31:14 PM
Angela Zumwalt United States
Angela Zumwalt
I definitely wanted to be Amy Grant growing up.  She was my first "favorite singer" as a child, and she continues to be my favorite singer to this day.  (I am 29!)  Pretty much everything I learned about Jesus before my late teens came from Amy Grant music.  I owe her so much for being such a positive role model.  I will always be a fan and hope she never stops singing!
1/29/2010 11:31:11 PM
Eileen United States
Eileen
Thank you SO much for having Amy Grant on your program last night.  I hadn't known she was going to be on and, happily, just happened to be in my car with the radio on & caught most of her interview.  Amy Grant is my all-time favorite female Christian singer.  Her beautiful heart & love of Jesus is reflected in her music and was reflected in her interview.  She is authentic, wise & funny - and oh, that voice!  Can you please play more of her music on K-Love?  Alot of us "mature" women have been fans for a long time -and also, it would be wonderful to introduce her to the younger generation.  Thanks again so much for having Amy on your show!!
1/30/2010 12:46:37 AM
Tricia United States
Tricia
I first heard of Amy at the end of High School, and took her albums to college. She was such an encouragement to me.  I didn't really want to "be her", but I think she helped me to be a better "me".

We listened to her all through college and into early marriage. When we lost our first baby to a miscarriage, I was quite saddened, and even angry that the Lord would have allowed that to happen. When I heard of Amy's miscarriage a few months later, I cried all the way to work...realizing that it wasn't personal, if God could allow it to happen to her too. That really helped in my healing process.

We have since gone on to dance with our other babies to "Baby, Baby" "ever since they put our hearts in motion" and I "felt like the queen of the world" when I "loved them with my life" we have "talked to our children and taught them how we've learned to fly" and they have grown up singing some of her songs.

There was a poignant moment once when, due to lay-offs at work, we had to cash in our retirement fund to pay the mortgage. As I turned off the radio to leave the house they played the song "Love has a hold on me".  Hearing those words at that moment enabled me to walk out the door and cash in everything we had in order to get through the day. We have since gone on to rebuild that retirement fund, but the real treasure has been having the Lord speak into our lives along the way.  I thank Amy for being a part of that. Her songs have been a huge part of the back-drop of our lives.  It's been great to have her as a friend even though we have never met. I'm so excited to hear of this new release coming in March!
1/30/2010 6:37:28 AM
Hannah United States
Hannah
I really want to be Britt Nicole and I am only 9 years old!  I love listening to your music klove.
1/30/2010 6:46:04 AM
Hannah United States
Hannah
I also always wanted to be Natalie Coughlin. She is such a good swimmer and I want to be like her. I'm on a team at nine years old and winning heats one after another!
1/30/2010 6:49:24 AM
Hannah United States
Hannah
I want to be Britt Nicole and I am only 9! I love you klove.
1/30/2010 7:30:09 AM
Sam United States
Sam
wanted to be a lota things: tobymac, spiderman,  a cool person
2/2/2010 11:37:50 PM
Madison United States
Madison
Hay Amy,I am 15 and want to be a singer like you, got any tips? Also what (not including God) inspired you to begin a singing career?
2/5/2010 9:11:26 AM
Jenny Lawhon United States
Jenny Lawhon
Hi! I am Jenny and I am 11 years old, and a big fan! I have 1 question for you! when you were little, were you a good singer, like you are now! Also what inspires you to sing!?