Mar 07 2012

Ali Update, Peyton Manning and more

Ali update from CURE international, absolutely amazing!

Beards Get Respect, But Not Women, Study Finds. TIME NewsFeed

Colts to release Peyton Manning. msnbc

Scott explains Peyton Manning no longer being a Colt.

Aggressive Turkey Stalks and Terrorizes Detroit Woman Every Day. TME NewsFeed

Apple unveils new 4G iPad. TODAY

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (3) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
Mar 06 2012

Watch What You Eat

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

5 Unexpected Uses for Peanut Butter. Shine from YAHOO!

Chefs celebrate the Oreo on it's 100th birthday. TODAY

Man sues movie theater because snacks are too expensive. msnbc

Hank, cat for Senate, responds to attack ad. TODAY

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (21) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
Mar 05 2012

Back Home & on Air

I am glad to be home, but there is a part of me that still lingers in Afghanistan, and honestly, probably always will.  This past week has helped change my life forever.  Thanks to CURE Intl., I have seen first hand that sharing the Gospel, begins with caring for people.

In Matthew 25, Christ calls us to share our faith by caring for people, he tells us to feed, clothe and love even the “least of these”, and that is exactly what this past week was about… And we saw God move in amazing ways.

The lesson here isn’t that we have to travel to a place like Afghanistan to do that, it is simply that we need to take advantage of those opportunities, whenever and wherever they present themselves, this is what it means to “be the light of the world”.  In living our lives this way, people will want to know why, and it is then that God opens the door for you to share the Gospel.  I can only imagine how God can use us to change the world, for his glory, once we have learned to love as he does.

Airport adventure on my way home.

Recap of the impact of CURE's surgery on Ali.

Ind. mom loses legs but saves kids from tornado. U.S. News

An Indiana woman lost both her legs when her family's home collapsed on top of her Friday as she was shielding her two children from a devastating tornado. But thanks to the woman's efforts, her kids survived.

Levi's 'All Shapes And Sizes' Campaign Only Applies To Skinny Girls. Business Insider

Study:Banning too-thin models could help curb anorexia. TODAY

Bounty scandal has Saints in disarray. ESPN

What Drives your pet CRAZY???
Feb 25 2010

What Drives your pet CRAZY???

We just found out that researchers have discovered that the theme from Law and Order drives dogs crazy!!  It makes them HOWL!!!

What is it that drives YOUR pets crazy???

Tags: , , ,
Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (135) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

2/1/2010 8:32:36 PM
jaz United States
jaz
my dog hates the music from law and order too! its so funny! Smile
2/1/2010 8:33:07 PM
smile United States
smile
cool
2/1/2010 8:35:27 PM
David United States
David
My dog goes nutts when you hold a scoop of food over his bowl and tease him with it.
2/1/2010 8:38:24 PM
Jasmine United States
Jasmine
Hi, When we don't treat him right.... He needs the PERFECT treatment. RIght amount of food, change water....actually, this is for our pet fish we had a few yrs ago... Laughing
2/1/2010 8:38:28 PM
Faith Sisters in Christ United States
Faith Sisters in Christ
high whisteling noises. also when you put  a head band on my cat she like does flips it is so funny i love animals
2/1/2010 8:46:49 PM
Kendi Starr United States
Kendi Starr
The thing that drives my dog crazy is when I 'bark' to the tune of "Jesus Loves Me."  LOL
2/1/2010 8:47:50 PM
Kathy, Reno, NV United States
Kathy, Reno, NV
My cell phone drives my cats crazy because the ring tone is a howling cat!
2/1/2010 8:48:09 PM
Margaret Morgan United States
Margaret Morgan
Our dog goes crazy when someone rings the doorbell or if one of my daughters asks her "Who's there?" Sometimes she not only barks, but howls.
2/1/2010 8:53:40 PM
Lisa United States
Lisa
My dog goes crazy wandering around the house, trying to find a place to "bury" and old chew bone. Then he goes crazt trying to remember where he buried it.
2/1/2010 8:58:56 PM
fatih United States
fatih
my sisters cat goes crazy if you put tape on the bottom of her
paws. it's a crack up to sit there and watch her bounce and squirm all over the living room to get it off!! Smile
2/1/2010 8:58:59 PM
Kirsten Weaver United States
Kirsten Weaver
My mom had a very mild, quiet German Shepherd that would go crazy--barking and growling--anytime Clint Eastwood was on the television screen.
2/1/2010 8:59:02 PM
Kimberly United States
Kimberly
"Sounds" our dogs especially go crazy when the door bell rings, even if it is on a TV show. They also howl when my children practice their instruments, Saxophone and oboe. Oh, and opening the container we keep the "doggie treats" in. They will come running from out of nowhere and it hardly makes a sound, so funny!
2/1/2010 8:59:26 PM
Marcie United States
Marcie
My cat hates it when I yell thru the house, or whistle.. she will (If I am laying down) run up and try to bite at my face.. It is pretty funny. I sometimes do it just to get a reaction out of her, but stop before she can attack! Smile
2/1/2010 8:59:55 PM
Angela Walters United States
Angela Walters
the thing that makes my cat (Boots) crazy if someone rings the door bell. He growls like a dog.
2/1/2010 9:00:12 PM
Pam United States
Pam
Lucky and Gucci, my 2 maltese go crazy when a door bell rings on t.v.  They think someone is at our front door!
2/1/2010 9:00:29 PM
Renee LaMarca United States
Renee LaMarca
My siblings once put boxer shorts on one of my parents' golden retrievers.Sebastian(the dog)kept turning around in circles trying to get it off. Also,Sebastian once ate a frisbee. never touched a frisbee again. that video is cute, esp when the dog howls.
2/1/2010 9:00:58 PM
Curtis United States
Curtis
the poor dog sounds like he is scared!!
2/1/2010 9:01:21 PM
Kristian Kelly United States
Kristian Kelly
My dog goes crazy when he doesn't know where everyone is. For example, if everyone is upstairs and one of us runs downstairs real fast. He will wine the whole way while chasing us.

Also, he attacks our vacuum cleaner =P
2/1/2010 9:01:30 PM
Jody Medeiros United States
Jody Medeiros
Okay, I was just watching the video with my dog and my dogs head was turning from side to side and he started whining just like the dog in the video. Except I don't think it was the theme song that was making him whine, I think it was the dog. Made me laugh a lot.

Jody in Napa, CA
2/1/2010 9:02:00 PM
Teresa United States
Teresa
Our dog, Jake, gets a bad case of anxiety, barking, jumping, running back and forth trying to get us to play with his tug toy, etc. when my husband and I hug or dance. (He barks alot!- you think he'd learn it's okay??)
2/1/2010 9:02:07 PM
Tim Nolan United States
Tim Nolan
It's obvious what's going on here. The dog loves the theme song. He only starts whining and complaining when his master attempts to sing along with theme and is completely off key. I'd start howling, too.
2/2/2010 2:02:48 AM
Julie Dean United States
Julie Dean
We have a 126lb bernese mt dog who hates it when anyone blows raspberries with their tongue. It is so funny to watch him bark and run back and forth between my two boys trying to figure out where the noise is coming from.
2/2/2010 2:02:50 AM
Marla United States
Marla
I have 3 big dogs and a cat.  Two of my dogs howl at the sirens every time.  I have the theme song playing right now from Law and Order and they are just as calm as can be.  I think the dogs that howl are either singing along, or having separation anxiety because their masters aren't paying enough attention to them while the show is on.
2/2/2010 2:03:01 AM
Pam United States
Pam
And when someone calls and I let the recorder pick up - when they hear someone else talking they howl until the person is done leaving a message.
2/2/2010 2:03:39 AM
Doug Townsend United States
Doug Townsend
Our cat hardly ever meows but one time I recorded it on my phone when she did. Every time we play it back she starts meowing back at it like she is talking to herself. It is hilarious. Also laser pointers and the reflection from my guitar when I am playing. We have one cat that hisses at the guitar when I get it out and another that chases the reflection the whole time I am playing it.
2/2/2010 2:06:36 AM
Kelsey United States
Kelsey
my dog.... when we  leave will sit at the couch look out the window and how. then when we get home he will be sitting there watching us coming in howling also haha hes a golden retriever and hes afraid of everything haha his name is shadow even though hes afraid of his own shadow
2/2/2010 2:07:00 AM
Amy United States
Amy
We had the most friendly little Rat Terrier, however; we lived next door to a very dark skinned black man (who was super nice as well) but our dog did not like him.  She would go crazy even bite if we didn't watch her.  Once a repair man came to the house, who was also black.  She did the same thing to him...  A racist dog?!?
2/2/2010 2:07:06 AM
Laurasnl United States
Laurasnl
Hallie barks and Buddy howls when my husband twirls his terrible towel.  He does this when the Steelers score.  Ok, I'll say it.  My husband howls too.
2/2/2010 2:07:23 AM
Gail United States
Gail
I just bought a tea pot that whistles when the water is ready. My dogs go absolutely nuts when it begins to whistle. They know they aren't allowed to put their paws on the counter or stove so they stand up on their back legs and jump up and down like a dance with their front paws in the air trying to see what is making that noice. It's hilarious.
2/2/2010 2:07:34 AM
Marsha United States
Marsha
That dog does sound like he is in pain!! My dog's go bananas anytime anybody comes in my yard. Even when it's me. It's nuts. They bark even after I let them know it's me. It's like a stranger in my own house and I'm the one who feeds them. It's Crazy!1
2/2/2010 2:07:37 AM
Bryan United States
Bryan
The vacuum!
2/2/2010 2:08:26 AM
Lori Delannoy United States
Lori Delannoy
This is so very cute. I'm sure what makes the dog howl is the sound of a siren. =)
2/2/2010 2:08:30 AM
Bryan United States
Bryan
The vacuum!
2/2/2010 2:09:43 AM
Tom Cowles United States
Tom Cowles
I have a 3 1/2 YO Sheltie that just went crazy hearing that poor dog in agony in the video! She (the sheltie) started whining and pacing all over looking for this poor dog that was in pain. She is a VERY sensitive dog!
2/2/2010 2:09:48 AM
Heidi United States
Heidi
One of my dogs hates it when we watch America's Funniest Home Videos.  She starts panting & pawing at us.  She won't stop until we changed the channel.  Dogs are the best! Smile
2/2/2010 2:10:11 AM
Bryan United States
Bryan
The vacuum
2/2/2010 2:10:45 AM
Scotty DuPriest United States
Scotty DuPriest
I've got a 2 1/2 year old 3 lbs Silver Tip Yorkie named "Tank" who rides on my Harley Ultra Classic and he reacts to K-LOVE music and sings right along...he nreally has a great voice..he loves Jeremy Camp, BeeBo Norman Castiong Crowns and espically Kutless as we blow down the road. He's attached to me and rides with his back legs in my coat and his front legs on the fuel tank on a leather magnetic cover...blows people away when they see him...
2/2/2010 2:10:50 AM
Kim Reisner United States
Kim Reisner
You just playing that dog "singing" made both of my dogs perk up and start whining. They also go crazy watching dog shows on tv. They go to the screen and start barking at the dogs in there. One of our dogs went around to the back of the tv looking for the dog that went off the screen.
2/2/2010 2:11:05 AM
Britta United States
Britta
my dog loves to bark at the snow when she is staring out the door. plus at night she gets so paranoied and barks at the slighest noise she hears! its hillarious
2/2/2010 2:13:19 AM
Ismael Cruz United States
Ismael Cruz
This Dogs Just Love that Song, Wow that is so helarios. hahahahah
2/2/2010 2:13:32 AM
Rae United States
Rae
The sound of hammers! I have a border collie/German shepherd mix and a Yorkie. My husband is a leather crafter, building suits of armor for Renaissance jousts, leather masks, leather goods, etc. When he starts tapping on the anvil on a strip of leather, they panic, run to our bedroom and hide under the bed. I don't know why they hate the tapping noise, but it makes them yowl and fuss and bark. No other noise does this to them, even the vaccuum.
2/2/2010 2:13:49 AM
Katy United States
Katy
My dogs went crazy when you played the braking dog clip. They ran to the radio and then to the window looking for the dog. :0)
2/2/2010 2:14:01 AM
Ismael Cruz
Ismael Cruz
This Dog's Really Love that Song, Wow its so Helerios hahahaha
2/2/2010 2:15:39 AM
Luis United States
Luis
I was actually giving my dog a bath when I heard this, when the clip played my dog immediatly jumped out and was barking at the sound of the dog, I believe to rescue his pain maybe, cause that was not a duet.
2/2/2010 2:16:35 AM
natalie United States
natalie
My dog bentley goes crazie when our fire is going.  He starts to run around in circles than barks at the fire place and when he's done barking he plops down like an old man!!  It is hilarious!
2/2/2010 2:19:25 AM
Doug Townsend United States
Doug Townsend
My mother in law also has an Australian Shepard named Brandi that howls every time she sings Happy Birthday to someone. She will call us on our birthdays every year and her and Brandi will sing Happy Birthday to us together. This is the only song she "sings" along with.
2/2/2010 2:20:18 AM
Tabitha Squier United States
Tabitha Squier
my husband has a ringtone we used for an alarm and my dog starts crying the second it turns on. its only that one song that she freaks out on you cant help but laugh though. so we had to change our alarm for her.
2/2/2010 2:21:50 AM
Tawny United States
Tawny
When someone rings the doorbell, our three dogs, Gilly, Bullit, and ZsaZsa, howl and bark and pretty much wake up the entire neighborhood. When they're done howling, ZsaZsa comes out and barks at the person who rang the doorbell. She is the funniest thing ever!
2/2/2010 2:24:39 AM
Cassie United States
Cassie
The dog is definitely howling in pain.
Recently, I got a CPAP.  The first night I used it my cat stared at me like I was an alien.  I used the tubing and I blew air in her face.  She totally freaked out.  I still don't think she likes the CPAP, but she is slowly getting used to it.
2/2/2010 2:26:13 AM
tina United States
tina
hello i was listing to you about dog barking at law order. my dog barks when i clean windows and my other dog barks at a broom i love your music there are days that im down and i just turn on your music  and im  100 percent better god bless
2/2/2010 2:28:15 AM
Jacquie United States
Jacquie
My dog goes crazy when we watch bear in the big blue house! every time bear opens the door and starts sniffing people he trys to attack the T.V! Me and my family get a kick out of it!
2/2/2010 2:29:56 AM
Lori United States
Lori
I got out of the car came inside the house to find my husband watching Law and Order and told him about this video and when we played it our dog Bijou who is blind came over to the computer jumped up on me and wanted to get at the dog sound and then my dog started howling at that dog.  Or maybe mine was singing alone with that one. Smile
2/2/2010 2:31:57 AM
Eric Beechum United States
Eric Beechum
Scott and Kelli, when I was a volunteer firefighter I would take my german sheperd on calls with me.  While following the fire engine in my personal vehicle the sirens made her howl. She sounded like a wolf with a low blood curdling howl, she was my own personal siren. Love your show God Bless Eric Beechum.
p.s. dogs name was Buckeye, like Ohio State.
2/2/2010 2:33:31 AM
Bethany United States
Bethany
My parents dog is a Shelty named Maggie and is about 8 years old.  She actually was diagnosed with a form of OCD and was put on medication for awhile (which didn't help at all).  She barks at the following:  When the ice-maker is on, when you pull up the blinds, when you turn the fan on, when you roll the tin foil out of the box, and just about when the dryer is about to turn off, it makes a "click" noise.  Needless to say, she brings much laughter to their household!
2/2/2010 2:33:31 AM
John Brenner United States
John Brenner
I used to have 2 birds that love sports they would go crazy durning football games but the only time they would make noise if they did not like what was on tv or going on in the game.
2/2/2010 2:35:17 AM
Tasha K United States
Tasha K
All it takes to drive my Daisy CRAZY is just talking to her in your squeakiest voice which for my husband means the highest falsetto he can manage.
But it's not usually a good idea to try this indoors as Daisy usually loses control of her bladder too x\
2/2/2010 2:37:46 AM
Renee United States
Renee
I played the theme song (off of youtube) and then I played the video of the dog whining here and she was more disturbed by the dog whining than the Law & Order theme.

not much bugs my dog.  Door Bells set her off, sometimes if a Domino's commercial comes on she'll start barking at the door bell.  LOL
2/2/2010 2:39:07 AM
Meg United States
Meg
I just came in from the car.  I have a dog that tries to find whatever animal is making noise on the computer or TV.  What really drives her crazy is whining like Knuckles or a bunch of puppies.  She sniffs the tv, looks behind it and will even search the room.  She will even come from another room.  Watching Dog Whisperer is really entertaining!!
2/2/2010 2:39:22 AM
brycen United States
brycen
every time someone pulls up in front of my house my dog barks INSANELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2/2/2010 2:44:01 AM
Lacy naumann United States
Lacy naumann
Our dog, Weavis, howls like crazy to the music from The Good The Bad and The Ugly! It's hillarious!
2/2/2010 2:44:09 AM
tammy United States
tammy
My two boxers sing (well actually it's a howl) when we play the harmonica. They can hold it forever. It't hilarious.
Tammy
2/2/2010 2:46:22 AM
Phyllis United States
Phyllis
We have two cats; Cuddles and Chillie. Cuddles will growl when someone rings the doorbell. She'll also run to the door to see who it is. She also howls at night when we are upstairs and she's downstairs alone. Chillie goes NUTS if someone makes the sound of a dog panting. It's funny to watch. She was "raised" by a dog, maybe she's looking for "mom".
2/2/2010 2:48:03 AM
Cyndi United States
Cyndi
I have an English Bulldog and she ABSOLUTELY doesn't like people yelling or crying whether it be on the TV or in person.  She will get between to individuals whose voices are raised and try to change there focus.  If you are crying she will get real close to your face and look at you like "what is the matter."  If it is on the TV or radio she will get between you and the TV or radio and looks at you like why is this happening and how can we stop this.
2/2/2010 2:53:22 AM
Jennifer United States
Jennifer
the dog is singing. If you listen closely he doesn't start singing until someone in the room starts singing. Just because his voice isn't very melodius, doesn't mean he isn't singing his heart out.
2/2/2010 2:54:36 AM
amanda patterson United States
amanda patterson
That is the 1st time I have ever heard id anyone else's dog doing that! A few days ago, we let the dog we've had for years sleep inside bc of the cold weather. She had been in for a couple of hrs and had just layer around. As soon ad it came on, she went crazy barking @ the tv! I changed the channel, and she stopped. I changed it back, and she started barking again. She has NEVER done this w/any other show.
2/2/2010 2:55:14 AM
Paul, Bedford PA United States
Paul, Bedford PA
What's with the person faintly howling in the background? That's what I do to my dog when I want him to "sing" with me. I also played the theme song for him but no crazy goin on here. I have to say this myth is BUSTED! LOL
2/2/2010 2:55:30 AM
Robert United States
Robert
Dogs howl for the same reason wild dogs, coyotes and wolves do. It is a form of communication. Their way of saying I am here, this is my area and if you are a male stay out but if you are a female I am here. Others hearing my voice answer so I know where you are and what your boundaries are.
Because we took wild dogs and domesticated them, they respond to other sounds like music, people singing and sirens.

If the sound hurt their ears they wouldn't howl to each other.
If your dog yelps at sounds it is because it hurts or scares them.
2/2/2010 7:59:14 AM
Rebecca United States
Rebecca
Our German Shephard, Luke, goes crazy when I vacuum.  He goes nuts trying to escape from it!  Smile
2/2/2010 7:59:34 AM
Katie United States
Katie
Absolutely NO reaction from dear Ginger. Sorry - it must just be the strange ones ;)
2/2/2010 7:59:38 AM
Tom Cowles United States
Tom Cowles
My dog didn't even flinch when you played the theme to "Law & Order". Nothing....
2/2/2010 8:00:10 AM
Margie Hart United States
Margie Hart
My dog Clara Bell a 4 lb shitzu/maltese loves blues clues.. She always talks when blue or the other dog talks. Very funny!
2/2/2010 8:00:20 AM
Maria United States
Maria
My cat's EYES just got real big when you played the theme song... funny, it was right about the time Scott was howling!!!!! Smile
2/2/2010 8:01:22 AM
nancy volk United States
nancy volk
my dogs haven't made a sound. None of them.They hear that them so often I don't think they even notice.
2/2/2010 8:01:30 AM
Hailey United States
Hailey
My dog goes crazy and bites the cats when we hold them instead of her.... she's a jealous dog!!! Smile
2/2/2010 8:01:40 AM
Tabitha Squier United States
Tabitha Squier
My Dogs slept through it all.
2/2/2010 8:01:44 AM
Anonymous United States
Anonymous
I have heard my dog howl about twice in her four years. When you played the theme song, she twitched her ears to the music. When the howl came o the radio, she looked at Mom with astonishment. At the very end, she barked a couple times and have a single howl, still at Mom. It works. That was weird.
2/2/2010 8:01:49 AM
Sharon Gries United States
Sharon Gries
Our dog did not howl when you played the  Law and Order theme song.
2/2/2010 8:01:52 AM
carlson United States
carlson
My dog just scratches his ear whenever he hears it doesn't bark just skratches his ear
2/2/2010 8:02:39 AM
Jennifer Hill United States
Jennifer Hill
Our little 9 year old Miniautre Schnauzer didn't bark. But her ears went up lol.
2/2/2010 8:02:45 AM
Connie United States
Connie
My dogs just went about there business when the Law and Order song was playing. My rat terrier did perk her ears up when Scott started howling though!

We used to have a dog that would go crazy and try to attack the weedeater. We had to make sure he was inside when we did any weedeating.
2/2/2010 8:03:03 AM
tammie United States
tammie
i have a lab/husky mix & all he did was look @ me like i had lost my mind when u played law n order thanks 4 the laugh i love u both
2/2/2010 8:04:43 AM
Michelle United States
Michelle
My dog used to sing to Happy Birthday,  You couldn't even hum a few bars of it.  It was so funny. Unfortunately, he has passed on.

But I just played the dog you have posted and my cat  got upset and his tail and hair all puffed up cause he thought a dog was in the house.  Now our cat won' t come in my room. He is all freaked out.
2/2/2010 8:05:54 AM
Laura Wickard United States
Laura Wickard
Our Shi Tzu stopped playing and walked into my office when he heard the music.  I had not heard the song before so I wasn't sure if the howling was within the song or if someone in your station was just howling along. But it definitely caught his attention.

Our dog also howls when my husband plays his harmonica.  We did research and found that it is a natural instinct that has them "join in" the singing.
2/2/2010 8:07:17 AM
Danielle Clark United States
Danielle Clark
I HAVE THE ANSWER!!!! When I first heard about this I thought of my chocolate lab, Hershey. She would whine and cry when I practiced my clarinet. And then when I listened to the theme song on the radio I realised it has a clarinet in it!!!! They must not like the tone of a clarinet.....
2/2/2010 8:07:39 AM
Karla Richards United States
Karla Richards
OH MY!!!! We have a bearded collie (shaggy d.a.) who HOOOWWWWLS when we sing "Happy Birthday"...as we have much long-distance family, we often sing this over the phone, and loved ones get woo-ed by our Ezekiel aka Zeke!!! SOOOOOOOOOO funny! He sings nothing else with us Smile
2/2/2010 8:08:38 AM
Sue Ann United States
Sue Ann
That's HILARIOUS! My parents have a Toy Fox Terrior and she ALWAYS barks at The Simpson's theme song! She jumps up on the sofa and just howls and howls. It's like a nightly ritual!

AND, there was this Volkswagen commercial back in the early 2000's, with this crazy sounding accordian music. She would FREAK out over it! We weren't sure if it hurt her ears at first, but she would just howl and howl until her voice just about went out! She loved it!

My parents happen to have that commercial caught on tape, so they play it every so often and give her her little fix (plus, their fix of laughter!)
2/2/2010 8:09:49 AM
Hannah United States
Hannah
My dogs didn't do anything when they heard it. But when i played the video of the dog, they both got up and looked at my computer like it was dying. So I'm not sure that dog was "singing along". lol
2/2/2010 8:10:43 AM
Ashley Collier United States
Ashley Collier
My dog did not bark at the song, but when you howled it caught his attention. Smile
2/2/2010 8:11:03 AM
David United States
David
My dog loves to sing to the piano, he will even scratch the leg to be able to sing, and after he takes a bow. We never treained him, he started douing this when my daughter was studying the piano.
2/2/2010 8:14:25 AM
Annette H United States
Annette H
I think that hound dogs are prone to howling such as when a fire siren sounds so this song experiment may affect those breeds more.  I have two collies who herders, not hounds.  I tried the Law & Order experiment with them.  They didn't howl but they did seem to be "disturbed" while the song was playing...they moved their ears and heads more than they usually do.
2/2/2010 8:15:47 AM
Hailey United States
Hailey
Can you play the song again? I want to see if my dog howls!!!
2/2/2010 8:16:23 AM
Stacy United States
Stacy
My dog didn't do thing when you played the song, and she likes to "talk" a lot!! If you call to someone in another room of the house, she'll run to that room and bark as loud as she can at whomever you called to. And if you are on the computer, she likes to sneak up behind you and bark once real loud.
2/2/2010 8:18:24 AM
Bethany United States
Bethany
We just played the theme song for our dogs (3 corgis) and they did nothing.  But, whenever my dad sneezes, they go crazy...running all around the house barking at him.  And it takes forever for them to stop!!!
2/2/2010 8:18:55 AM
Jean Aldrich United States
Jean Aldrich
Our dog goes crazy when my husband and I give each other hug and/or kiss before leaving for work, or when we come home.  He jumps, growls, runs circles.  Of course, that just makes us want to hug and kiss more - not a bad thing after 22 years of marriage!
2/2/2010 8:19:21 AM
Donna United States
Donna
I think the high pitches of the violins and gutiar is  the problem....it probably hurts their ears!
2/2/2010 8:20:27 AM
Linda United States
Linda
We watch Law and Order all the time so my dog of course loves the show!  No, he did not howl when you played the the theme song!!
2/2/2010 8:21:07 AM
roberta wilson United States
roberta wilson
My cat does not like the HIGH FREQUENCY of those things you plug in to get rid of BUGS in your home. It took me a while to figure out why she was going NUTS. After I pulled them out of the wall, all was well!
2/2/2010 8:24:45 AM
Sharon United States
Sharon
when we were growing up my sister played the trombone. Every time she practiced her dog would sit outside the window and howl.  It was louder and longer than the dog on the video, and made us laugh every time.
2/2/2010 8:26:12 AM
Patti Chapman United States
Patti Chapman
I love it! I have a Golden Retriever and a Pug. I'm happy to say that the only time they howl is when wolves are howling on tv. I do enjoy watching and listening to other dogs howl though!
2/2/2010 8:29:11 AM
Joni Nation United States
Joni Nation
We were outside in car at my mother in laws house listening to radio when the Law & Order theme song test was done. All 5 of her dogs ran outside and started howling, my kids laughed so hard. Super funny!
2/2/2010 8:29:37 AM
Kristi United States
Kristi
We had a chiuaua (spelling??) when I was a kid. He lived to be 15 years old. He used to bark like CRAZY when he saw his reflection on the oven door!!! I guess he thought it was another dog!! He also seemed to hate my grandfather. Everytime he was around, Blazer would bark and growl!!
2/2/2010 8:29:48 AM
Alexis United States
Alexis
My old dog (she died) she would go out of hand when she licked!!! she would lick our feet until morning and she would still be licking our feet!!!i miss her sooo much!she was a red nose pittbull!!!  (i miss her sooo much)Frown

love 11yr old Alexis

p.s
        keep my e-mail so we can keep in contact thank you!!!!!
2/2/2010 8:32:28 AM
Benjamin United States
Benjamin
I didn't get inside fast enough to play it for the dog, but as soon as I heard the tune - Of Course the dog will howl with that! It has a strong clarinet solo, and dogs love to sing along with a clarinet. Or as another commentor said, a saxophone will do.
2/2/2010 8:33:23 AM
John United States
John
My dog hates when my wife and I kiss. He gets very jealous. Or when we don't invite him to lay in the bed while we watch T.V.
2/2/2010 8:35:07 AM
michelle United States
michelle
I've got a wonderful and patient black lab named Lucy.  I know she was given to me by God, because I'm sure no other animal could put up with me..teehee!!  the only thing that drives her crazy is in the morning, while I put my shoes on and my keys jingle, there is that moment of realization that moms not taking her with her.  Most of the time, she takes it in stride, laying on my pillow in bed, but the look on her face says it all.... "well...here's she goes again.  I'll sure miss her..but I trust she'll be back".  Smile  Thank god for animals and that connection...I believe its a smaller representation of our relationship with god...of course, in that situation, I am the dog, not god...LOL
2/2/2010 8:35:24 AM
Sheila P United States
Sheila P
My dogs do not respond to the Law and Order Theme song at all, but I played the video for them. They all looked at me in pain for the dog singing on the video, wanting to know who was hurting that DOG? Me? I have six Australian and Lab mix dogs which all speak in a howling song of their own when it is time to eat while doing the dinner dance.
2/2/2010 8:40:34 AM
Matthew Irick United States
Matthew Irick
I once had a dog that when you said the word "cat" it would stop whatever it was doing and run to the back door barking to be let out. Once outside it would run circles around the yard barking while looking for the cat.
2/2/2010 8:40:49 AM
Patti Chapman United States
Patti Chapman
I should have added that I really enjoyed watching my Golden and Pug watch the video! They both cocked their heads back and forth and tweaked their ears! That was about as cute as the video to me!
2/2/2010 8:45:03 AM
Anita Byrd United States
Anita Byrd
Peanut butter ~~
the other day I showed my 5yr.old Daughter how to put peanut butter on the her cat's (Marie Boss)toung "omg" as you can imagine the craziness of it!
Lauren (my 5yr.old)and I Laugh so.. So.. hard we could not stop the cat (Marie) looked at us what seam to be a dirty look and ran up stairs ... With that being done Lauren and I looked at each other we laugh ever harder I was crying I shared with my husband but he did not think it was that funny !!
2/2/2010 8:49:55 AM
Steve United States
Steve
We heard you play the theme song while in the car so when we got home, we found a recording on Youtube.  We took it outside and played it to see if Bob, our black lab, would do anything.  He just sat there waiting for his treat for being such a good boy sitting there.
2/2/2010 2:41:18 PM
Sara United States
Sara
Poor dog looks like he is begging someone to turn it off!
My dog goes NUTS when my husband calls his name! He whines and howls everytime he calls hims name but only does it when my husband calls him! Crazy dog.
2/2/2010 3:06:39 PM
mai United States
mai
My dog pays no attention whatsoever to anything on TV, but when I played this video, she was very unhappy!
2/2/2010 3:14:07 PM
Jo Fay United States
Jo Fay
My dogs don't react to the theme song at all, but that's probably because I'm a Law and Order addict and they've heard it a million times. They do howl at one of my good friends whenever she leaves a voice mail. There must be something about the pitch of her voice...
2/2/2010 3:23:34 PM
Sandie United States
Sandie
My pug (Popeye) used to go crazy howling whenever he heard the music at the start of E.R.! He would sit in front of the TV until it stopped, then go about his business. He sounded like he was in pain.
What was even more hysterical is he would sing when he hear "Who Let The Dog Out" by Baha Men. Actually sing when he heard it recorded or when my kids would sing it to him. I wish I would have recorded him and the kids in chorus. (My pug has since gone to doggy heaven and we miss him and his singing terribly!)
2/2/2010 3:37:09 PM
Jason United States
Jason
Laser Pointer + Black Lab = Hours of fun
2/2/2010 8:41:21 PM
Maria United States
Maria
I was listening to K-love this evening when you were talking about how dogs don't like the theme song or how they howl.  My Collie howled some and my Shih Tzu didn't pay any attention, he just looked at my collie like what are you doing.
2/2/2010 8:52:20 PM
Jen Anderson United States
Jen Anderson
I used to have 3 German Shepards who would start howling if you told them to sing Happy Birthday!!! We would hold the phone out so the person on the other end could hear them singing to them. My dog Spenser (also a german shepard) will start howling if you say "call Sue or Call Jen" It's the funniest thing ever...he goes crazy. we can no longer use the voice dialing on our cell phones!!!
2/2/2010 9:28:18 PM
Lauri United States
Lauri
Evidentally, my dog doesn't mind the Law & Order song, it was the crying dog that drove her crazy.  she came in from the other room & was looking for the dog in the video!!!  it was too funny!  she was looking behind the laptop for it!  My dog cries when I come home until I let her kiss my nose.  it's the darndest thing!
2/2/2010 9:42:17 PM
alex belcher United States
alex belcher
It sounds like the dogs are trying to tune the music out by howling as loud as they can!!SmileSmilelol
2/3/2010 6:25:54 AM
Pam Panka United States
Pam Panka
I don't own a dog or pet of any kind but when the theme song  for law and order comes on the tv my husband howls, he hates the show.
2/3/2010 1:09:37 PM
Macie United States
Macie
He looks like hes singing but it sounds like hes crying!
2/3/2010 10:02:25 PM
Cindy United States
Cindy
My husband taught our dog to howl when he would hear a siren go by. Of course, since a dog's hearing is much better than ours, he hears it first and we always know when a siren is near due to the distinct howl our dog developed.
One day he started howling this very wierd howl (kind of like Dorie on Finding Nemo trying to imitate a whale) First we thought he was sick because we never heard him howl like that before,  but it turns out it was a different kind of emergency vehicle. After it got close enough for us to hear, we knew our dog was trying to imitate a totally different type of siren.   We live in the country where you don't hear them much and it kind of threw him off a bit.
2/4/2010 6:54:01 AM
Cindy United States
Cindy
We just moved from the city to a more country area. Our dog Beau barks like crazy at the horses next door--it is so funny! We laugh that he may think they are really big dogs that he is protecting us from!
2/4/2010 7:16:59 AM
Megan United States
Megan
My dog goes nuts when u stare at him, he will brake and growl its so funny, or if you blow in his face he will go crazy he will grolw at you and bark its so funny.
2/4/2010 7:24:59 AM
Amber United States
Amber
If you get a laser pointer out my dog will go crazy, its the funnest thing he does, right when he sees it he gets up and will follow it everywhere, and if u turn it off he trys it find it like under the sofa. its so funny(:
2/4/2010 7:25:05 AM
Amber
Amber
2/4/2010 11:54:30 PM
Kristie United States
Kristie
I have a 6 year old black toy poodle that goes crazy everytime there is an animal on TV.  She attacks the tv.  She will be in another room and here the music from a commercial that has an animal and she will come running and barking. She must also be predjudice because she attacks the tv anytime there are colored people on. She also sings when my daughters play the piano. My other toy poodle will lay motionless, watching the tv and will go crazy only if there is a squirrel on the screen.
2/5/2010 2:21:41 PM
GirlDotson United States
GirlDotson
Singing! Both of my dogs hate it when we sing around the house. It amkse no differnce what type of music, either. They both start howling hysterically. Too funny!
5/15/2010 9:04:58 AM
Jasmine United States
Jasmine
My mom had a duck that would watch tv when an old animal planet show came on. I can't remember the name of the show. When the theme song played, he would come into the house, sit on the couch, and watch TV until it was done. Then he would go back outside. It was so weird
6/25/2010 1:42:14 AM
Savannah Legge United States
Savannah Legge
6/28/2010 5:18:32 AM
Techno Mix Music United States
Techno Mix Music
6/28/2010 9:51:49 PM
Angela Walters United States
Angela Walters
when ever the doorbell rings my cat growls like a dog until we answer the door.
12/18/2010 4:56:57 PM
Cierra Kohlman United States
Cierra Kohlman
My dog Audrey goes crazy when my clothes smell like other animals!!!! She will spend over fifteen minutes sniffing them!!!!!!!!!