Oct 20 2011

Self Advice

If you could give your "teen self" advice, what would it be?

Kelli Caldwell: "Don't worry so much about what the other kids are thinking. They are most likely not thinking about you at all!"

Hugh Jackman: "Love life? (spoiler alert) You will meet an incredible woman, and the choice to marry her will be the easiest choice of your life."

Alice Cooper: "Trashy girls are excitin' for about 5 minutes. Keep your eye out for a really good lookin' church girl. Then you'll have the best of both worlds."

Ricki Lake: "Talking is good … so speak up, and continue to be heard. Someday soon, the world is going to be listening!"

What advice would you give your teen self if you could? Share here or on Facebook.

Famous people give their teen selves advice USA Today

The restaurant provides gourmet-quality meals to the hungry while enabling them to volunteer on community projects in return without the stigma of visiting a soup kitchen. Bon Jovi opens charitable Pay-What-You-Can Restaurant in NJ HuffingtonPost

7 workplace blunders and how to avoid them Shine from YAHOO!

1. Taking things too personally

2. Not asking enough questions

3. Shrinking back instead of speaking up

Read full article for more tips.

Today's retailers have uncovered the science behind shopping. Your favorite mall stores actually hire such retail researchers as Paco Underhill, author of "Why We Buy: The Science of Shopping." 7 shopping secrets retailers won't tell you Bankrate.com

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (16) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

10/20/2011 2:29:45 PM
Amy United States
Amy
I would not give myself any advice. Advice may make me change some things I did which in turn could change how my life has turned out. I may have made mistakes and been hurt along the way but I would go thru it all again so I could end up right where I am now, married to my soul mate and part of a fabulous church and an awesome Celebrate Recovery program to help us get over life's hurts, hangups and habits.
10/20/2011 2:38:12 PM
Billie Jo United States
Billie Jo
I would of listened to my parents.  Today I see my parents were just doing what they knew best to do.  My parents were not christians, but God was spoken of and I thank the Lord that they knew of Him. Just a little bit of Him brougt me to know Him.
10/20/2011 2:44:35 PM
Addie United States
Addie
I am 12 and I spend every week taking care of my three sibbling while my Dad and Mom work at a family owned business. We listen to Klove a LOT. I am greatful for the advice from you Older folks. Smile
10/20/2011 3:08:02 PM
Jen United States
Jen
I would tell myself that my worth doesn't come from approval - even God's. My worth is strictly found in who God is. I am worth something because He has chosen to make me so, and no matter what I do or don't do, whether I please or displease Him, I cannot change my worth or His love for me 1 iota.
10/20/2011 3:15:18 PM
Renee United States
Renee
People look on the outside but God looks into the heart.
10/20/2011 3:25:25 PM
Sheri United States
Sheri
If I could give my teenage self advice, I would say " if in doubt... Don't!"

If I would have followed my instinct and the leading of the Holy Spirit, I could have saved myself a lot of hardship and heartache.
10/20/2011 3:53:07 PM
Anna United States
Anna
The 'nerds' are the ones who are successful. Always put your worries in the hands of God because he will ALWAYS take care of you. EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON!
10/20/2011 4:01:25 PM
Jessica United States
Jessica
I would tell myself,"Don't try so hard to fit in, because standing out is what makes you beautiful."
10/20/2011 4:04:07 PM
Samantha Marion United States
Samantha Marion
I totally agree that we need some easy detox diet to detoxify our entire body. Detox Diet reflects healthy body and mind!

Samantha Marion
10/20/2011 5:14:13 PM
Stacy Wright United States
Stacy Wright
I would tell myself to keep all the clothes my classmates made fun of me in, so I can sell them to their children for 10 times what they were worth.
10/20/2011 5:53:42 PM
Amy Saunders United States
Amy Saunders
I would tell myself to keep standing up for Christ you will see when you get older that you have changed someones life and they will become saved by what you did. Also don't let people that are teasing you hurt you because you are stronger with Jesus on your side.
10/20/2011 8:33:46 PM
Heather United States
Heather
I would tell my 16 year old self that you can do anything that you set your mind to do.  Try out for the volleyball and softball teams.  Who cares if the other kids don't think that you're "cool".  You matter to God and that is what counts.  Besides, at your 25 year reunion, most of the boys will be fat and balding. Also, I would tell her that it is OK to tell someone that you are being sexually harrassed.  You don't have to take it just because you are shy.

10/21/2011 4:19:02 AM
Eric United States
Eric
Scott, it is called capitalism....does any really need to spend $500k on a Rolls-Royce? It seems senseless...but, someone will likely buy it.
10/21/2011 7:10:40 AM
Jenni United States
Jenni
I would tell myself to relax and try not to take everything so seriously.  And that perfectionism only drags you down:  "Sometimes 'good enough' is okay."
10/21/2011 8:54:08 AM
Dana United States
Dana
What would I say? Well, if I changed anything it would have changed my future. I listen to my parents, help people, etc. Maybe I would say, "Speak up, let people hear your voice as to what you have to say." I say a lot of things under my breath and occasionally I'm right. But I reall need to let my voice be heard for the LORD.
10/21/2011 11:24:07 PM
WordPress Theme India
WordPress Theme
IF I COULD GIVE THEM ADVICE I WOULD GIVE ASK THEM TO BE GENUINE TOWARDS ALL EFFORTS OF LIFE WITH TOTALLY INVOLVEMENT TOWARDS GOAL WHILE ALSO FOLLOWING LOYALTY.
Antioxidents--what are they and where do I get them?!
Mar 05 2010

Antioxidents--what are they and where do I get them?!

Dr. Mehmet Oz and Dr. Nicholas Perricone are two of the country's leading advisors in health and beauty.

Both of them recommend high-antioxidant superfruits for their skin cell-protective properties.

Antioxidants are the body's only way to combat the harmful oxidative effects of pollutants and sun damage at the cellular level.

Their advice is to eat plenty of "superfruits" with rich, dark and bright colors. The superfruits are known to have a high ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity).

Two of the highest ORAC superfruits are blueberries and acai berries. This smoothie combines them both into a single, nutrient-balanced and delicious drink that is a great breakfast or even a post-workout meal replacement.

If you live in Missouri and you need motiviation to lose weight come to the Slim Down Challenge on March 16, 2010.

Christine Avanti will be joining Jared Fogel (the Subway guy), Biggest Loser contestant Shay Sorrels, NFL Superbowl athlete Grant Wistrom (St. Louis Rams and Seattle Seahawks) and several other presenters as they coach and motivate the Springfield community to slim down, shape up and enjoy a healthier lifestyle!

Slim Down Challenge 2010

Springfield Missouri

March 16, 2010

Springfield Expo Center

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (5) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

2/24/2010 9:45:39 PM
Donna United States
Donna
I have to share with you a wonderful moment I had today. I have been speaking with a co-worker for a few weeks about her problems at home. She's been depressed a lot. I told her to turn on klove to listen to the words. I told her how it brings me peace when I'm having problems. Well, today she found out that she was going to get some help with some problems she's been having with her farm. she actually stopped for a moment and thanked god for helping her. I was so glad that she realized that god was on her shoulder, helping her.
2/25/2010 4:25:47 AM
Joshua and Shannon Cole United States
Joshua and Shannon Cole
I heard you talking today about Anitoxidants and how important they are in fighting free radicals...and YES they are very important. It  is also very important to fight these free radicals because they lead to oxidative stress which has been proven to lead to over 200 dieseases.   I really feel convicted to make sure you also knew that current scientific studies show that your body cannot ingest enough "direct" antioxidants through food, juices or vitamins to equal the number of free radicals your body makes every day....and that there is now a Break through in Science that is an ALL totally Natural supplement you can take that actually signals your body to produce its OWN antioxidant enzymes which can eliminate free radicals expontentially better than traditional antioxidants. In addition, while only one "direct" antioxidant can fight one free radical before it is used up, your body's own free-radical-fighting enzymes can each eliminate up to one million moleculues a second without being used up in the process. The antioxidant enzymes (superoxide dismutase and catalase)are our bodies own free-radical-fighting enzymes.. in which Superoxide dismutase was co-discovered by Dr. McCord whom has 40 years of science  backing him in the study of antioxidants and the impact of the human body. This truely is an amazing breakthrough and I believe everyone should know about it. Dr.Joe McCord is the doctor... Protandim is the product... Lifevantage is the company! I would love for everyone to really see this for themselves..thank you and God Bless!
2/25/2010 4:56:15 AM
Ronald H medlock DC United States
Ronald H medlock DC
Hello! My name is Dr Ronald H Medlock (Dr Ron). I want to say I am a new fan and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE everything you are doing. I am also a HUGE fan of Tony Horton and his P-90 program, I have had it since it first came out and use it all the time in my practice and workouts.  I am a 'truck stop' doc doing DMV exams and DOT drug testing in the greater Sacramento Area and attend Bayside Christian Church in Granite Bay, CA (Lincoln Brewster's church and Pastor Ray). Anyhow, I have been listening to your show about health and excersise. I know God has called me into a ministry of health naturally... I had to chime in a bit and say that for the past 4 years I have been doing exams for truck drivers...and the findings I have are astonishing. I see that most health issues are due to mental stress combined with a diet high in what i call caffeine, nicotine, sugars, alcohol and chemical additives. Its whats fueling America, not just our Truck drivers, but our youth as well. I love the info on antioxidants and am a huge believer in high antioxidant meals and supplements to reverse the aging and degenerative changes we see. I have come across inofrmation on a NEW supplemet that comes from the KonaRed coffee cherry and would love to share it! It is idependantly tested to have the highest antioxidant ORAC score i have yet to find. (Brunswick lab tested) and there is even ongoing clinical trails taking place currently. I havew done my research and found a company just 4 months old that is using this in a NEW energy drink called Xowii. It rivals other energy drinks only its actually healthy and has 5,734 ORAC antioxidants per 8 oz can and tastes awesome! I would love to share this with K-Love listeners and show people how they can get some! I have prayed very hard over this and am very excited to share it! you can call me any time at 916-241-5508. or go to my web site at www.xowii.myVoffice.com/drmedlock. I sincerely hope to hear from you about this. My ministry is in the health and wellness of all naturally. "just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member BELONGS to all others" (Romans 12:4-5)... I want to see ALL healthy in life, please hep me spread my message of health...
2/25/2010 4:57:40 AM
Wendy S United States
Wendy S
Hi Scott and Kelli. I have strugled with my weight for about 7 years now. Shortly after I got married I started gaining weight. I went from 116 to 200 in about 1 year.About 4 years ago I started counting calories and did lose down to 150 but things would happen to cause me to start gaining again. Ever since I've been on a rollercoster with my weight. At 200lbs I'm a few pounds away from being consider morbidly obiece. My weight causes a lot of health problems. One thing that did happen that my weight played a factor in was a miscarriage of twins. My docter says I need to loose between 45 to 70lbs in order to be at a safe weight for pregnuncy and I so despretly want children. I need help. Nothings working for me. Thank you and God bless
2/28/2010 12:39:26 PM
gda United States
gda
Hey scott and kelli
my mom is into eating healthy, so naturally i hear quite a bit about it, not that i mind though.  anyway, green tea is definately a tremendous source of antioxidants, but NOT tea such a Arizona or Snapple.  i love both, but they contain more harmful ingredients thatn helpful...