apr 30 2014

Your K-LOVE station is 100% fully funded! Thank you!

THANK YOU so much! God is good!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Commenti (0) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
apr 25 2014

Praying for CURE

You may have heard the shocking news about the Americans that were killed in Afghanistan yesterday, sadly that attack took place at the CURE Hospital in Kabul that we served at a couple years ago. K-LOVE listeners helped to change a little boy's life by providing for his surgery to repair his severely cleft lip and palate. One of the doctors we worked with was Jerry Umanos, one of the victims in yesterday's attack. Jerry was a K-LOVE listener from Chicago, who spent his life caring for children and for the last several years, he served at the CURE hospital in Kabul. Jerry and his wife loved the Afghan people and in response to the attack, his wife, responded with such kindness and forgiveness, even for the shooter. Her response echoed the love of Christ in the midst of one of life's most difficult moments.

On ABC World News last night, Diane Sawyer used video that we shot while serving alongside Jerry in Afghanistan, the K-LOVE family made that possible. What's amazing is that Jerry always worked so hard to spread the word about CURE's work around the World, ironically enough, it's in Jerry's death, that World is learning about the live saving work of CURE around the World.

Like everyone else who listens to K-LOVE, we, as DJ's, are on the receiving end of what God does through the music on K-LOVE. Yesterday was a beautiful reminder to me personally of how God uses the right song at the right time! Yesterday driving in, heavy hearted about Jerry's death, God spoke to me so clearly about his love, through the music of Crowder and Kristian Stanfill. I was reminded that God's love never fails, never gives up and carries us through life's storms. Those reminders carried me through a very tough day yesterday, and I am forever grateful for those of you who give and make the ministry of K-LOVE possible!

apr 21 2014

Stowaway Teen, Boston Marathon, & More

Why Incredible Story Of Stowaway Teen Is Raising Eyebrows

High School Students Sacrifice Cellphones For Kid With Leukemia

Boston Marathon:

Boston Marathon Bombing: Brothers Who Lost Legs Find Hope

What The Boston Marathon Means For One Grieving Husband

Have You Ever Forgotten To Set Your Clocks!!!
Mar 12 2010

Have You Ever Forgotten To Set Your Clocks!!!

This weekend...It is time to Spring Ahead!  You have to set your clock ahead an hour Saturday night... or else you may be LATE!!

Have you ever forgotten to change your clock???  What happened???

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (9) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

3/8/2010 5:35:49 PM
Mark United States
Mark
No good clock stories...But speaking of time, it's been a loooong time since I've heard Jars of Clay "Dead Man" on KLOVE. Would be nice to turn that up and help get me through the rest of this Friday. Thanks!
3/8/2010 5:39:46 PM
Debbie Wood United States
Debbie Wood
This Sunday we set our clocks forward, losing an hour of sleep. And Monday, SPRING BREAK STARTS!!! GET TO SLEEP IN!!!! YEAAAA!!!! Lose an hour, gain a WEEK!!!
3/8/2010 5:48:32 PM
Michael Smith United States
Michael Smith
Well my story is about Fall back not Spring forward, last fall I forgot to change the clocks on the start of Daylight Savings, and the alarm woke us up and we got dressed and headed for church. Got to the Church and Senior Pastor Tom was there asking us why we were so early. The church does 2 services on Sunday morning, 8:30 and 11 am so we ended up going to both services and Bible study in-between. Guess the Lord wanted up to get some extra Sermon time. lol
Michael
3/8/2010 6:04:00 PM
Geoff Canada
Geoff
Back in 1999, I missed my university seminar because I showed up an hour late for it.

That might not seem like a big thing, but it was the ONLY TIME I missed a lecture/seminar/workshop/lab in my entire university experience.

It's an asterisk on my personal goal for perfect attendance.
3/9/2010 1:06:26 AM
Hannah Regnier United States
Hannah Regnier
I haven't forgotten to set my clocks yet, cause I usually set them right before I go to bed.  But this year my husband and I are celebrating our first year of marriage on the night before and the the day of.  I'm hoping that my breakfast plans don't get messed up from it...
3/9/2010 1:30:00 AM
Jocelyn United States
Jocelyn
Well, unfortunately I have been late for church. But I can't use the time change as an excuse because I live in Hawaii now! I'm not familiar with the Spenard Alaska thing even though that's where we moved from. I like the church that changes their clocks AFTER service that a caller mentioned! God bless!
3/9/2010 4:56:54 PM
Denise United States
Denise
I am new to this "blogging" thing.  Yesterday on my way home from work.  You were talking about a recipe for a breakfast fritata.  I didn't see the recipe on the KLOVE web page.  Can you send me in the right direction to find it?  Thanks!
3/9/2010 8:45:51 PM
Patty gray United States
Patty gray
Back in 1986 as a young chaplain assistant airmen in the USAF, I was suppose to work the Sonrise Service when I forgot to set my clock ahead.  I arrived at the chapel thinking I had plenty of time to setup only to realize I was an hour late.  As a airmen, I thought I was in serious trouble so I was too afraid to face the chaplain in charge of that service.  Thankfully, he forgave me and I didn't get any type of displainary action.  But it scared me enough to make sure it never happened again in my career as a chaplain assistant.
3/10/2010 10:43:19 PM
cheryl United States
cheryl
When my kids were little I forgot to set my clock back an hour. It was Sunday and on our way when I realized we would be an hour early for church. We stopped and had breakfast which turned out to  be a wonderful morning with my kids!