Mar 16 2010

March Madness... Join the Scott and Kelli Bracket!!!

So March Madness is in full swing, and soon we will know what college men's baskeball team wins the National championship.

Kelli and I have put together a bracket, and the KLOVE listener with the best bracket can win a KLOVE Prize pack.  It's FREE to play, but there are only 400 slots available.  If you would like to play here is a link to sign up!  You may have to sign up at CBS Sports before you can join the bracket, it's free to sign up.

The password for the bracket is march.

Who is going to win???

2/28/2010 3:38:32 AM
Suszanne Gilchrist United States
Suszanne Gilchrist
Hi Scott and Kelli,

I'm not able to get to the page through your link. Please help!
2/28/2010 3:39:47 AM
Michelle United States
Michelle
I'm trying to enter the Scott and Kelli bracket but it says I need a password that was sent in the email invitation.  Help!  How do I get in?
2/28/2010 3:41:43 AM
Lori United States
Lori
WHat is the pool password for the CBS bracket?
2/28/2010 3:41:56 AM
LMac United States
LMac
The bracket on CBS Sports is set to private and I can't access it...any thoughts?
2/28/2010 3:44:42 AM
Jill United States
Jill
What is the Pool password?  It said I needed the password fo enter my bracket.
2/28/2010 3:44:56 AM
Steve Race United States
Steve Race
Scott,

What is the pool password?  The March Madness bracket at CBS Sports will not let me in without it.  Thanks!
2/28/2010 3:45:02 AM
Jack United States
Jack
ATLANTA, March 10 /PRNewswire/ -- Each spring, college basketball enthusiasts are drawn to the TV, brackets in hand, hoping to catch every upset, blow-out and buzzer-beater that March Madness has to offer. While these avid sports fans are counting down the days until the first tip-off, some Americans are dreading the impending weeks they will spend watching and discussing college basketball.

In an effort to both prevent sports un-enthusiasts from succumbing to their own "madness" this March, and also teach even the biggest college hoops fan something new, HowStuffWorks.com, the award-winning, unbiased online source for thousands of topics, is sharing the below information on How March Madness Works.

1. The tournament itself has many names. Most refer to March Madness as "the Tournament," but announcers or fans in basements and bars across the country might also call it "the Big Dance" or "the Road to the Final Four."

2. You don't need a green thumb to keep up. Avid gardeners might get confused over all the conversations about pods and seeds. The 64 teams are divided into four regions. Each region has teams that are assigned a "seed" number 1 through 16, with the best team in the region awarded the 1 seed. Pods refer to the method of grouping seeds. One pod includes seeds 1, 16, 8, and 9. A second pod includes seeds 4, 13, 5, 12. The third pod includes seeds 2, 15, 7, 10. The fourth pod includes seeds 3, 14, 6, and 11.

3. Even a non-sports fan can win the pool. Filling out your own bracket and entering an office or friend-created pool is a great way for non-sports fans to get in on the "hoop-la," earn some bragging rights and maybe even make a few bucks.  While there isn't an exact science to guarantee a win, the following are additional things to consider if you want a leg up on your competition.

•A No. 16 seed has never beaten a No. 1 (yet)!
•Half of the No. 3 seeds are typically eliminated in the second round.
•There's a good chance that one No. 1 seed will lose in the third round.
•You could probably expect at least one or two No. 1 seeds to make it through the fourth round.

More information about the science of bracketology can be found here.

4. Your significant other is not obsessed with Disney Princesses. The lower seeds represent potential "Cinderellas." A Cinderella team unexpectedly achieves success by beating a higher-seeded team. Unfortunately, Cinderella teams' chariots typically turn back into a pumpkin before getting to the Final Four.

5. Remember and repeat: Sweet, Elite and Final Four. In the first two days of the tournament, the field of 64 is pared to 32, and then to 16 -- the Sweet 16, that is. During the second week, the field is trimmed from 16 to the Elite 8 and eventually the Final four. Sweet, elite and final: use them, embrace them. Your friends will be impressed.
2/28/2010 3:46:15 AM
aj United States
aj
What's the password?
2/28/2010 3:46:19 AM
Aaron United States
Aaron
I would like to play the bracket challenge but need the pool password.  Will you help me?
2/28/2010 3:46:23 AM
Ashlee United States
Ashlee
I couldn't get the link to work. Can anyone help?
2/28/2010 3:46:54 AM
Charlene United States
Charlene
Cant seem to sign up for the March Madness bracket contest.
2/28/2010 3:46:56 AM
Matt United States
Matt
Just tried logging onto the March Madness pool and after signing up the site asked for a pool password. Any idea what it is?
2/28/2010 3:49:28 AM
Matt United States
Matt
Just signed up for the March Madness Pool, but now the site is asking for a Pool Password. Any ideas on what it is?
2/28/2010 4:02:30 AM
Vicky United States
Vicky
Hellooo!  Kentucky is going to win it all!  Wildcats rule! Blue Devils drool!
2/28/2010 4:06:21 AM
Drake United States
Drake
Same trouble here. It requires a password to join.
2/28/2010 4:09:11 AM
RayAnn United States
RayAnn
GO KU!! Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!
2/28/2010 9:15:36 AM
Chris United States
Chris
i agree with vicky.. everyone is sayin that duke is gonna kill Kentucky.. theyre NOT, duke may have okay player.. but Kentucky has John Wall, and Demarcus Cousins, and Eric Bledsoe.. if coach cal keeps them in, i think uk can kill duke 178-0
2/28/2010 9:15:52 AM
Cheryl United States
Cheryl
Hi Kelli,

I tried to call but couldn't get thru.  I wanted to say that I too look at the color of the uniforms.  :O) But I realized that by looking at the colors of the uniforms it's who looks best and most the time I'm right, they win.  I'm not a gardner either so I don't get the seeds.  So it has to be because when they are wearing the uniforms they look, confident and they win.  Sounds simple to me, so I'm with you the color! Smile
2/28/2010 9:16:24 AM
Todd United States
Todd
Kelli,
My niece pick her fantasy football team on how cute the football players were, she won two years in a row.  You have as good a chance as anybody.
2/28/2010 9:16:44 AM
Cheryl United States
Cheryl
I like your system Kelli, it works for me too.
2/28/2010 9:16:49 AM
Chris United States
Chris
Kentucky is gonna win it all.. and even kansas and saracuse fans know that.. we just need to convince duke fans.. KENTUCKY! KENTUCKY! KENTUCKY! KENTUCKY!!
2/28/2010 9:17:08 AM
Chris
Chris
2/28/2010 9:17:11 AM
Chris
Chris
2/28/2010 9:19:58 AM
Maureen United States
Maureen
Good pick on Purdue, Kelli! Glad it's in a KLOVE city! And....since I'm an alum, I can tell you that you'd love the team name, too: Boilermakers!
2/28/2010 9:23:48 AM
Maureen United States
Maureen
I'm with you, Kelli...the whole March Madness frenzy escapes me. But....I'm glad you chose Purdue (and glad West Lafayette is a KLOVE city), because I'm an alum and I know you'd love their colors (Old Gold & Black)and you'd also love the team name: Boilermakers!
2/28/2010 9:24:04 AM
Heather United States
Heather
Kelli,
It was a lot easier to just do than to hear Scott trying to explain it to you.  I think he was making it too difficult.  For me... I just look at one match up (game) at a time, just pick one team to win and keep picking one winner for each pair up until you get to the end.  And I do pick them by fav schools, places, names, etc!
Glad I could join y'all!
2/28/2010 9:25:57 AM
Ellen United States
Ellen
Kelli you hurtin us girls its basketball baby just know that West Virginia gonna win cause their coach is a man of God and with his faith and mine WVA will be the champions.  Sister you making us look bad, you are proof of men superiority. Dont ever let Scott know what you really dont know. Love you much
2/28/2010 9:28:58 AM
Christy United States
Christy
Pool password please?
2/28/2010 9:36:16 AM
Luke United States
Luke
I didn't have a problem entering.  If you read the post, it says "The password is March."

By the way, I found your new station in Charlotte/Greensboro NC on 94.1 by accident yesterday.  I'm glad you moved in!  I'm from Lenoir, NC, and it's quite a few miles away, so you have a great signal.  I listened to you up in Michigan when I was up there, and was glad to hear you put in a tower down our way!

Thanks for everything you and you station does!

~Luke, Lenoir, NC
2/28/2010 9:49:21 AM
Matthew Hodges United States
Matthew Hodges
Everyone the password is March. Read the page through!
2/28/2010 9:56:41 AM
Alyssa United States
Alyssa
added my bracket! Plus I made sure my favorite school (Pitt) made it to the elite 8 Laughing
2/28/2010 10:00:58 AM
Jakey United States
Jakey
Can You put kelli's bracket on? Thanks. PS GO KANSAS STATE! WILDCATS RULE! JAYHAWKS DROOL! BOO YOU KU!
2/28/2010 10:01:32 AM
Jake United States
Jake
GO KSU!
2/28/2010 10:05:20 AM
Luke United States
Luke
Everyone knows deep down inside Duke is gonna win.

NOT THAT I WANT THEM TO, but it's only logical.

Of course, everyone's logic is different, now isn't it Kelli?
2/28/2010 10:05:41 AM
Jake
Jake
How Do you become a member?
2/28/2010 10:06:32 AM
Jake
Jake
How Do you become a member at CBS.com?
2/28/2010 10:10:04 AM
Karen United States
Karen
this is for Kelli...I'm late for your bracket picks but I wanted to tell you that if you choose KU Jayhawks, it is GOOD soil to sow in!!
2/28/2010 10:15:21 AM
Caitlin Miller United States
Caitlin Miller
Kelly, you are not the only one who does not know what is happening in March Madness. i didnt know what the was unitl you guys talked about it. In Gym class, when we do sports, i just follow the ball. i dont care for sports, they are very boring.
2/28/2010 10:26:46 AM
Jannae United States
Jannae
I pick them the same way kelly does. Kelly- Siena is in Albany, NY
2/28/2010 10:28:10 AM
lydia United States
lydia
Scott and Kellie,
please make room for me i just signed in and it says your full ;( i want to be in your group.
2/28/2010 10:30:08 AM
Nancy United States
Nancy
It's full already.  My son took too much time working on his bracket.  I got on as soon as he was done, and it's full.
Big, Big Bummer
2/28/2010 4:10:55 PM
Jordan United States
Jordan
For all of the people asking for the password, I just wanted to let you all know the password is written just below the link so you can find it there. Good luck everyone and God bless!
2/28/2010 4:54:53 PM
scott windsor United States
scott windsor
As of 7:30 Central time the brackets were already full!!!
2/28/2010 5:48:40 PM
Rach United States
Rach
Will there be another bracket created because as already commented the brackets filled up very quickly and I had gone to do the brackets right after it was announced the radio and couldn't get in because of the link and not being able to enter the private league, not even being asked for the password at that time? Wouldn't it be possible to have more than 1 KLOVE bracket as there are so many listeners and then have the winner be picked from the pool of winners from each bracket?
3/1/2010 5:07:57 PM
April Murray United States
April Murray
Scott, I am from KY, but have lived in Chapel Hill, NC love UNC, but my heart will always bleed Kentucky Blue!! UK all the way baby!  If either of you had ever lived in KY you would understand Smile
3/2/2010 5:36:42 AM
Vicki Benner United States
Vicki Benner
Scott you are now my favorite D.J. I have bled blue for most of my life, Kentucky has always been my team through good and bad, my boys love Kentucky, my dad is an usher at Rupp and at the football games, we were all so happy to see them back where they should be! I hope that they win it all this year, but if they don't they'll still be number 1 in all our hearts GO BIG BLUE!
3/23/2010 11:25:38 PM
Jordan United States
Jordan
So...whats the prize for 39th place? Haha just kidding.
3/14/2011 6:51:00 PM
Lyndsey United States
Lyndsey
Hi!  Glad to see you all have such a large following!  Any chance you'll arrange for a 3rd bracket?  Thanks!
3/15/2011 3:34:47 PM
Carrie United States
Carrie
Tried to fill out a bracket to play;  but it says you are all full. : (
Would love to join if you decide to add more people.  : )
~Carrie in Pittsburgh, PA
3/16/2011 7:12:40 AM
Mary Anaya United States
Mary Anaya
I want to play.  Add a 3rd group if you can, please.
3/16/2011 2:56:29 PM
Virgi United States
Virgi
I want to play also, can you add a 3rd group, please!
3/16/2011 3:01:15 PM
Dave United States
Dave
Would also love to join if you add more room.

Thanks
3/16/2011 6:59:08 PM
morton roop United States
morton roop
i want to play if you make the 3rd group
3/17/2011 8:29:03 AM
ChrisOllar United States
ChrisOllar
could you make please make a third group?