Aug 19 2013

Soul Surfer, Bethany Hamilton Gets Married

When 13-year old Bethany Hamilton lost her arm in a shark attack off the coast of Hawaii, she could have turned bitter and rejected all that she knew of God. But, with a maturity not often seen in one so young, Bethany chose to cling even closer to Jesus and allow God to use her tragedy to show others that God is faithful.

She said "I have this thought every second of my life—Why me? Not negatively, like Why did this terrible thing happen to me? But more like "Why did God choose me and what does He have in mind for me?"

A few years ago, Scott and I had the privilege of meeting Bethany and chatting with her on the show.  I came away with the sense of a strong woman who is confident of who she is in Christ. She has allowed God to remind us that God will never leave us, or forsake us (Deut. 31:6). And, because she is willing to be used by God, we know that the hardest things we go through can be used to help others who are going through something tough.

So, congratulations to Bethany and her husband Adam! We are celebrating with them. Oh, and I love the fact that she chose to get married in the same spot that she was attacked 10 years ago. Talk about God bringing beauty from ashes?!

Bethany's life is a beautiful reminder of this truth: God is faithful.

The Museum joins us on the show today!
Mar 17 2010

The Museum joins us on the show today!

Welcome "The Museum" on the show today! We love their song "My Hope Comes From the Lord," and can't wait to learn more about them...including the meaning behind the name of their band! Feel free to share your comments for them here!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (8) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

3/10/2010 7:39:07 AM
Erin United States
Erin
I love your music! It really shows who Christ really is! I can really relate to the music and K-Love!
3/10/2010 8:12:24 AM
kristin United States
kristin
i love opickles i always ask for extra on my burger and i snack on them all the time Smile
p.s.(you should find a pickel to throw at him
3/10/2010 8:15:18 AM
Prince Jacob United States
Prince Jacob
So...I'm like the anti-Ben. He's afraid of pickles on his burger...I dont like anything BUT pickles (when it comes to vegetables) It's funny because people would pick on me because I tell the waiter to take everything but the pickle (and burger and bun obviously) but Ben would tell to take off the pickle.
3/10/2010 8:15:49 AM
Evelyn Gonzalez United States
Evelyn Gonzalez
Your music is great. My Hope Comes From the Lord really just touched my heart.

Comment on the youth group game:

My youth pastor would blend a bunch of stuff and have us drink it for a game. Some of the stuff was just disgusting! He has put mayonnaise, moldy cheese, hot sauce, and this one time he put a half eaten burrito in it. I thought i had a strong stomach to drink it/chew ( it's usually super thick) after one sip, i ran to the bath room trying not to puke on people.

3/10/2010 8:18:40 AM
Marge Thompson United States
Marge Thompson
We want to hear about Chris Brink
3/10/2010 1:39:29 PM
Margaret Ligon United States
Margaret Ligon
It's good to hear y'all on k-love. I think it's cool to get to know how you came together. I love the new single. It reminded me that regardless how hard my day is, God still cares and is "my song in the night". Thanks for playing it at my church this past weekend. God Bless you and your ministry. Laughing
3/10/2010 2:26:06 PM
Teresa United States
Teresa
I have a fiend that is terrified of pudding! Jell-O, fine! But put pudding near her and she will have a cow!
3/11/2010 3:15:05 AM
Shannon United States
Shannon
OK! I've got you're back on this one.  I feel the same way about avocados.  I cannot stand the texture, taste, or feel of an avocado.  I cannot handle it touching my food and certainly not my eating utensil. My friends consider this to be rather crazy.  However, I stand by my conviction that this food was not meant for me.  God has provided a tremendous variety of food for us to enjoy!  Enjoy what you love and don't sweat the small stuff!  Your story brought a familiar giggle to my heart!  Thanks so much.