Mar 23 2010

Spring cleaning!

It's springtime...which means spring cleaning! Many of us simply have too much stuff! Experts say if you haven't used it in a year, sell it! Any tips for getting rid of old items? What used items have you sold? Purchased?

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (13) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

3/15/2010 2:20:18 PM
Darlene Taylor United States
Darlene Taylor
Try Craigslist. it is free and I have sold a alrge variety of items from furniture to clothing.
3/15/2010 2:23:32 PM
Merrissa Brambila United States
Merrissa Brambila
haha i was tuned in when yall were talking about spring cleaning i just cleaned my room and it took me almost 9 hours to do haha it is kinda bad but i am so glad i cleaned it!!
3/15/2010 2:53:12 PM
FAITH SISTERS IN CHRIST United States
FAITH SISTERS IN CHRIST
I donated a lot of toys to Good Will. My Aunt Debbie and cousin Katie helped me! and Jesus ! Jesus loves you!
3/15/2010 3:03:49 PM
Ashley Byble United States
Ashley Byble
ONE TOUCH RULE!!

I worked in the camp industry for 9 years, and the last year and a half I did summer and extended season.   One rule that I learned while working at a camp for kids with learning differences (like AD/HD) was the "one touch rule." First you pick a room, or corner of the room whatever the case may call for, and whatever you touch you have to do something with.. put it in the right place.. before you can put it down.  This is particularly helpful for the chronic pilers.. those that rearrange piles instead of actually cleaning.  If you truly have no where to put it, you have to find something to get rid of for this object to take it's spot.. or... get rid of said object.  It works if you work it!! Smile
3/15/2010 3:38:49 PM
sherri United States
sherri
Every Spring my church has a yard sale to benefit the missions and youth. Its the perfect opportunity to get rid of stuff. It seems like this year i've been "spring cleaning" all year long. I have piles of stuff in my garage, im just waiting to hear when and where i can drop it off. Hope its soon!! lol
3/15/2010 4:17:13 PM
D Bradley United States
D Bradley
I disagree with the "experts" about throwing away anything you haven't used in a year. Why should we be such a disposible society? I think hording is horrible and keeping things for a rainy day is wrong but I have many things that I keep because I will use it again and I don't want to have to buy it again at a higher price.
3/16/2010 12:17:47 AM
A-Boy United States
A-Boy
eBay is a good way to get rid of stuff. We do garage sales and thrift stores!
3/16/2010 12:25:48 PM
LaStasia Carton United States
LaStasia Carton
eBay? Craigslist? Thanks, kLove. Big fan! Laughing
3/16/2010 2:03:10 PM
Deb United States
Deb
Check out flylady.net  She helps you keep your home organized and clean.
3/16/2010 3:20:29 PM
Jenna Mackey United States
Jenna Mackey
I recently read a magazine article about spring cleaning. The author suggested working very quickly, spending no more than 8 minutes per drawer when sorting. I used to dread cleaning, but now I've been working through each drawer with that 8 minute goal in mind, making lots of progress, reducing my clutter, and feeling really good that I got it done. Try it, it works!
3/19/2010 9:41:32 PM
Marcia United States
Marcia
Our subavision has a yard sale every summer.
And i sold and bought a lot of things from Craigs List. Its free, no shipping and most times what you want Smile
3/11/2011 10:27:06 PM
Larysa United States
Larysa
I don't have texting on my phone--I tried to do it from the computer, but it didn't work....is there another way to enter?
3/15/2011 2:51:18 PM
Terry United States
Terry
Just did our spring leaming last Saturday.Here in Florida ya got to Spring clean soon as it warms up cause it seems to feel like Summer fast.Every year we seem to reorganize stuff.Now i got to relearn where things are. At lease i know were my Bible is.Smile