Aug 04 2010

Kent Boyd is top 4 on So You Think You Can Dance!

Kent Boyd has made it to the top 4 dancers on So You Think You Can Dance and his family, who are KLOVE listeners from Ohio are SO proud! We checked in with his dad John today. John is very grateful for your prayers for Kent and for your votes! If you haven't gotten a chance to see Kent dance--check out this video: Praying for Kent...that God will give him wisdom and use him in the unique place that he's been planted.

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (4) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
Aug 04 2010

What was your first car?

Consumer Reports just named the safest cars for teens to drive. If you're considering buying a car for your teen, you might want to check out some on the list including the Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla and Ford Fusion. Got us thinking...what was your first car? Did you love it or hate it?!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (73) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
Aug 03 2010

Will Favre retire... Yes or No???

It was announced today that Vikings QB Brett Favre is considering retirement again... Scott is hoping that he is listening to the Hattiesburg, MS KLOVE station so that he can woo Brett back to the Vikings. Do you think that Brett will really retire this time???
Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (15) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
Welcome Audrey Assad to the show today!
Mar 25 2010

Welcome Audrey Assad to the show today!

We get to hang out with new artist Audrey Assad on the show today! Any comments for her?

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (31) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

3/17/2010 4:20:37 PM
Michelle United States
Where do you find the most inspiration for your music and what helps build your faith most in day to day life?
3/17/2010 4:21:20 PM
jonathan United States
Heard you wrote a song about Kate McRae - can you tell more about Kate and the song you wrote?
3/17/2010 4:23:34 PM
Hannah United States
Do you plan on recording an album soon? If so, when?
3/17/2010 4:24:32 PM
jonathan United States
I tried sending this once, but not sure if it went through...I've heard that you wrote a song for Kate McRae.  Can you tell a little bit about Kate and what inspired you to write this song?
3/17/2010 4:30:20 PM
Marlena United States
Audrey, I heard you sing at the tenth ave north concert in San Antonio.  Loved the song you sang and dedicated to your father--Run forward, fall back, I think.  Will it be on your new album?
3/17/2010 4:37:46 PM
Debbi United States
You have a beautiful voice!  Thank you for sharing!

3/17/2010 4:39:48 PM
Alex United States
Do you ever get frustrated with writing songs or singing on a bad day?
3/17/2010 4:40:15 PM
Renee United States
I just listened to you sing "Winter Snow." Wow. Your voice is amazing, but even more amazing is the anointing that you have! Keep singing. Keep writing. Keep letting God use you to minister to others!
3/17/2010 4:40:48 PM
Rachel United States
It was great listening to you on KLOVE.
3/17/2010 4:45:00 PM
Lynn United States
Your song "let me in" was a lifeline for me. I stumbled upon it on myspace one night. I had made the worst choice of my life and had an abortion. I was dealing with the pain of the abortion. It was the darkest moment of my life.When I heard your song it was almost as if God was holding me in that very moment. It then became the anthem of my heart as I began to accept God's love and forgiveness again. Thank you for those beautiful words.
3/17/2010 4:45:09 PM
Dan United States
Winter snow is an amazing lyrical blessed my drive home from work!
3/17/2010 4:45:10 PM
Joyce Eli United States
Joyce Eli
I just heard you for the first time today sing the winter snow song.  I love your voice.  Very calming and touched me deeply.  Thank you.
3/17/2010 4:56:27 PM
Dylan Sauder United States
Dylan Sauder
My sister is already jokingly saying "Maybe I should keep a steak knife by me, too"..... to use on ME, not Mr. Salty! ;)

BEAUTIFUL voice! best live, in the studio performance I've heard!!!
3/17/2010 9:58:06 PM
Lisa United States
OMG!  I just heard the song from Audrey, I have never heard it before. (I don't know where I was during Christmas, lol)  But I just love her voice and the song is so warm and all encompassing just like God's love.  Thank you, Audrey, for playing it for us!!
3/17/2010 10:14:25 PM
Darla United States

This is for Scott, actually!!! The gals will love it though!

If you're a bear, you get to hibernate. You do nothing but sleep for six months. I could deal with that.

Before you hibernate, you're supposed to eat yourself stupid. I could deal with that too.

If you're a bear, you birth your children (who are the size of walnuts)

while you are sleeping and wake to partially grown, cute, cuddly cubs. I could definitely deal with that.

If you're a mama bear, everyone knows you mean business. You swat anyone who bothers your cubs. If your cubs get out of line, you swat them too. I could deal with that.

If you're a bear, your mate EXPECTS you to wake up growling. He EXPECTS that you will have hairy legs and excess body fat.

Yup......I want to be a bear!

3/17/2010 10:28:54 PM
Michelle United States
"For Love of You" is the best illustration of what I want to be that I think anyone could come up with. Sounds like a great anthem to me. (:
Beautiful, stunning voice and such touching, honest lyrics.
You are amazing; period. Thanks for your ministry!

3/17/2010 10:30:00 PM
Julie United States
Audrey, you have a beautiful voice!  I love your music, and I will definitely be looking for your first album.  Smile
3/17/2010 10:32:06 PM
Ben Struck United States
Ben Struck
Audrey your new song For Love of you is awesome, a real blessing something to cherish.
3/17/2010 10:33:38 PM
Troy United States
Just heard "For Love of You" on the radio as performed live in the studio! Sounded fantastic. Had to park and listen. I have to say, I very much prefer the piano-only version to the highly-produced studio version. Sounded so pure!
3/17/2010 10:36:05 PM
Darla United States
Audrey....Beautiful voice!!!
3/17/2010 10:37:13 PM
Jenni United States
I just went to move my car under the carport and I had to sit in it until the song was over.  That is wonderful music the kind that makes you stay in your car to hear it.  I love how raw your voice is and yet so clear to praise GOD!  I am in charge of Girls in Action at church and we will be doing sign language to your song in church soon.  Thank you for using your voice to honor God.
3/17/2010 10:39:43 PM
Olivia United States

I have been searching for you since last summer. I attended stubenville west in tuscon arizona and since then I have been talking about the girl with the voice of an angel. I am so excited to hear that you have an album. Your voice allowed me to experience God in a way I never had before. When I say you have the voice of an angel I mean it from the bottom of my heart. Thank you for using your voice to help others feel God's presence.
3/17/2010 10:47:49 PM
Cameron United States
Love the music and the touch God has on your heart. You are very funny.  The comment about the monk on fire made me laugh out loud. Not PC but funny.  You have to know your history.
I work in the oil patch in Oklahoma which is a pretty rough place to work.  Listen to klove on the way in at 5 and the way out at 5.  Look forward to hearing more of Audrey on the air.  Will go to itunes tonight and look for your music. It has God all over it.
3/17/2010 10:59:41 PM
Audrey United States
I loved the song that you sang on Klove today! I"m so happy that you were on the Scott and Keli show today. You are officially my 3 favorite people! I hope one day I can be like you. I love the piano and you are so good at it and your voice is amazingly beautiful. Your voice matches your name! Audrey is such a great name. ~Audrey
3/17/2010 11:04:37 PM
Lori Ann United States
Lori Ann
Please tell Audrey that her KLOVE Ambassador friends in Chicago miss her. We and want her to come back for a visit!!! ((hugs to my little Catholic friend))
3/17/2010 11:30:31 PM
Chelsie Cobbett Canada
Chelsie Cobbett
That's was amazing!!! "The House You're Building", that a wonderful concept! You're lyrics are very inspiring and you're voice is beautiful, God is going to do GREAT THINGS through your ministry! I will be adding you to my prayer list, and will definitely be buying your new album. God Bless you Audrey Smile
3/17/2010 11:47:01 PM
Amandalynne Heather United States
Amandalynne Heather
The songs you sang were incredible! I can't wait to hear your songs play on KLove! SmileSmileSmile
3/18/2010 7:03:49 AM
bbrain United States
wonderful music =)

helped my day out alot, thank you
3/18/2010 7:11:45 AM
Tyler United States
Wow, what an amazing voice! I loved the fact that you performed it live too. So many artists hide behind voice effects and never really show their true voice. Thank you so much for being raw and performing a touching song!
3/18/2010 5:46:17 PM
Katie M United States
Katie M
I heard Audrey singing live on the way home from school today, and I just remembered I wanted to comment- what an INCREDIBLE voice! I'm really excited to hear more from her.
3/18/2010 11:24:57 PM
Dorothy Wise United States
Dorothy Wise

I heard your interview and song while driving home from work!!  Both were great! Love the new song!