十月 22 2013

Letters from Lauren ~ Greater

Hi friend!

I realize I have been bad at keeping in touch. It’s not that I don’t care, in fact it’s quite the contrary, there is so much to care about that I don’t know where to start!  I’m sure you understand with the busyness of your own life. So much to do but where to begin… and so many distractions… Oh! That reminds me - I need to check my oven in 15 minutes (I've been known to use my smoke alarm as the timer - trying to avoid that tonight).

I'd like it if we were able to touch base more regularly and since I love mail so much (snail mail in particular-but I don't know your address and postage keeps going up); I’ll write you from here, the very same spot you are reading right now.

I hope you are finding time to catch a breath in the fast lane of your life. Usually as my life gets busier and more things get added to my to-do list, the less I want to do. Big goals and dreams give way to being sure the everyday necessities are taken care of.

Ever feel like that?

Maybe it’s because we start to rely on our own strength, understanding and capabilities and somewhere in there forget Gods invitation to our circumstances. The bigger picture can seem so daunting so we stick to what’s comfortable and sink into survival mode—maybe maintenance is a more fitting term.  But I get tired of the comfort zone of ‘good’ being enough.

I want great.

Great takes extra time, extra effort, and extra courage. It takes surrendering even the tiniest details of our days to the greatest author of all time-God. Great takes remembering that our weakness is a perfect match for His strength (2 Corinthians 12:9).

Greatness seems so overwhelming but I’ve got to trust it’s worth it. God doesn’t want just ‘good enough’ for his kids. He has greater plans for us than we could ever dream up on our own!

I’ve been reading about this very thing in a book called “Greater” by Steven Furtick (an incredible read). Steven drives home the idea that we need to ‘dream bigger and start smaller.’ Not sure what that looks like in your life? Tonight, my ‘smaller’ starts with writing you and not burning dinner - which smells scarily like cat food at the moment (thanks a lot chicken of the sea!) Tomorrow it will inevitably involve something else. Maybe ‘greatness’ intimidates you a bit also. Maybe you are tired of not knowing where to start.

So what’s the first step? Let’s take it together. Let’s invite God into our situations, our life. He’s the only RSVP you can always count on being ‘yes.’

Until next time...

~Lauren

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (0) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
九月 25 2013

Your mission (should you choose to accept it)

If you came into contact with anyone today (your kids, your spouse, your neighbor, your coworkers-ANYONE!) you are a missionary!! If you are like me and you think of a third world country with small huts, flies, dirty water, and starvation surrounding you when you think of missionaries, thats a hard concept to grasp. But the truth is you are a missionary exactly where you are to those you come across everyday.

When I moved here just over 3 years ago one of the first people I met was Alonzo. He’s the lead maintenance guy at my apartment complex. He is very quiet but very sincere and one of those people you'd have to search for a reason not to like. He has worn many hats in my life! Impromptu counselor, snake chaser, air conditioner fixer, hot water bringer, and friend. Whatever hat he's wearing he puts his whole heart into it,with kindness, and gentleness.
I just found out his last day is tomorrow. He is moving the whole family out of state. I am sad to see him go but thankful he has been in my life. It is quite clear he sees his everyday duties as his mission field. I want to live more like my friend Alonzo! On purpose. On fire. On a mission!

"And then he (God) told them, "Go into all the world and share the Good News with everyone. Mark 16:15

Keep praying for pledge drive!
Apr 20 2010

Keep praying for pledge drive!

We are so grateful to everyone who has gotten involved in supporting KLOVE during our pledge drive. Wow! You are awesome! We are still quite a ways from 100% and only a few days from the end of pledge drive. It's all over Thursday night at 7 PST. Thank you so much for praying that God will continue to move on hearts and provide all that we need! We believe that God can work miracles! In fact, I've been reading the story of David and Goliath this week and I love that everyone thought David was crazy to take on this challenge. David's response? "The battle belongs to God!" So true! We have peace and joy in life when we remember that "the battle belongs to God." Hang on to that promise today with the challenges you face! We love you!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (21) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

4/14/2010 7:12:00 PM
Sarah United States
Sarah
I am 16 years old and I was just recently put into a NEW foster home in the south side of chicago. Whenever I listen to klove it makes me happy and I forget everything else thats going on! Thats why I am giving all the money I can every month! I am giving $25 per month! THANK YOU SCOTT AND KELLI FOR MAKING MY LIFE BETTER!!!
4/14/2010 9:59:28 PM
Grace United States
Grace
Hi. I just donated  $40 a month and i feel so happey because it is so wonderful to give to god.I called a few months ago to wish my brother happy birthday. My birthday was on Friday and I just turned 13. I thank God for blessing me through this ministry. I'd like to encourage all kids to give money because it is a blessing to be able to listen to christian radio station insteas of the music of this world.
4/14/2010 10:04:52 PM
Grace United States
Grace
My birthday was on Friday. I turned 13 and i want to give my birthday money by donating dollars a month. I believe that this radio station changed my life.
4/14/2010 10:12:03 PM
Sheri United States
Sheri
I think you guys have got it wrong!!  The dogs were not howling!!  This is the second time I have heard you two sing Happy Birthday to a KLOVE listener and Kelli, I've got to tell you that your voice is sooooo beautiful!!1  Truly--you should consider singing gospel music--your voice offered so much sincerity to the song!!  Please consider singing!!!!
4/16/2010 3:34:58 AM
Coretta Campbell United States
Coretta Campbell
Hello KLOVE family,

You guys are rocking out for JESUS!!  I love this station and Milwaukee, WI is happy to have you!  I just love the music, the prayers, the love and joy that I get here everyday!  I was pledging $10 a month, now I pledge $20 a month and I am overjoyed that I can do that!!!
4/16/2010 3:46:19 AM
Debbi United States
Debbi
Hey I truly belive that God will make a differnce in the world through the ministry of k-love!!!!!! i have so much to tell you about the things that God has done in my life and even though im only 17 i think that its a wonderfull feeling to know that if I ever need someone to help me I could go to God and that If i turn on my radio i could hear music that werships God. i have been praying for the whole money issuse and i know that God answers prayers and that he will keep k-love going.
4/16/2010 3:48:45 AM
Susan United States
Susan
I have been a supporter of K-Love for the last five years. Over and over again,this station has been a source of comfort and encouragement, always reminding me of how much God loves me and what Jesus did for me. I would like to encourage those of you who listen but do not give, to think about where you might if you did not have K-Love in your life. Please pray about it, and if God nudges you to give, please do. Remember when  you give, you are helping to fulfil The Great Commission.Although we can't go physically,we can be a part to help lead others to Christ
4/16/2010 5:37:12 AM
Whitney United States
Whitney
I started donating to K-LOVE through the Fall pledge drive and it has been so amazing to listen to this spring pledge drive play out. I just spent my lunch break in my car in the parking lot where I work praying for the pledge drive and the people listening right now. I was one of those people who thought I couldn't give, I thought that I couldn't really afford it and my $30 a month wouldn't mean a thing anyway. After listening this time around, I know I was COMPLETELY wrong! Smile I always seem to have enough in the bank every month when K-LOVE time comes around. God has provided for me and I know He will for others too! Giving feels SO AWESOME and I really hope others open their hearts to the power of what He can do. I know I did. Smile Thanks, guys!

~Whitney
Cottage Grove, Oregon
4/16/2010 12:50:48 PM
Joslyn United States
Joslyn
Dear k-love, I am 6 years old. I would like to give my money to K-love. I gave my $25.00 that was in my piggy bank to K-love. I really like listening to the songs in my bed on k-love.
4/16/2010 7:08:13 PM
pie United States
pie
hello scott and kelli, my daughter chelssie who just turned 5 last month just made a pledge of  $4. my daughter often listens to k-love almost 24/7 except when she's eating, taking a bath, going to church or to the grocery, even when she's studying her lessons she listens to k-love that even before going to bed she falls asleep listening to k-love. last week wenesday we where in her room with her baby brother, she was playing dolls while listening to k-love and asked me " mommy, what are they doing?" and i said "they are asking for donations for ministry." then she said "what is a donation?" and i explained then she said "I have money?" then i ask her "why? do you want to give your money?" she answered yes! then I ask, "why do you want to give your money?" then she answered me in a sweet, sad voice in our native language "because I feel sad for them, they need money, and I want to do it for Jesus." then I was amazed by what she said,she wanted to help and offer the money to Jesus. Then I said okay  we will call them tommorow then she said, "but daddy will get mad at me." and I said "no he wont as long as it will Glorify God he will be very happy." the next day we called k-love the operator assisted us and my daughter wants to speak with the operator she kept on saying "mommy I want to talk to scott and kelli." then I let her talked to the operator and she thought it was kelli who she was speaking with. when she knew that it was not kelli she felt sad then after we spoke to the operator she ask me "mommy I want to talk to scott and kelli, i want to see scott and kelli." then I explained why she cant then I just told her that i am just going to let her see scott and kelli's pictures then she gave me a big smile and a big hug then she said "thank you mommy, mommy I am now happy because i made Jesus happy."
4/17/2010 8:36:04 AM
Sarah United States
Sarah
What would happen if everyone increased their pledge by only $1 like I just did?
4/17/2010 9:28:39 AM
Amanda United States
Amanda
I'm a 18 year old college student. I waitress to try to pay tuition. I know God will provide. I'm giving just $10 a month. KLOVE helps me minister to my friends who aren't christian.  I want to challenge all the college students out there to give to KLOVE.
4/17/2010 9:56:59 AM
Janet Feil United States
Janet Feil
I listen to KLOVE everyday.A few weeks ago my local station required some work. The first day I turned the radio on all I heard was SSSSSSSSSS. I didn't understand. The second day I thought did I loose them. By the third day I was really getting worried what would I do without my KLOVE. I decided to send an email to the station asking what happened. A few days later I receivced an email stating that the engineers needed to do some repair work and this required them to be off the air or real low power. I was happy to know I didn't loose the station but sad as I was not able to listen online. It took many days to repair and each day seemed like it took forever without being able to listen. Then one day I turned on the radio and it was there all day and has been since. I LOVE KLOVE. You have changed my life.
4/17/2010 7:06:08 PM
Sofia United States
Sofia
Klove puts a smile on my face every morning and I look forward to a new day knowing God is always with me!!!!
4/17/2010 7:22:59 PM
Deborah Pancaro United States
Deborah Pancaro
I just love K-Love. I listen to it every chance I get. It is a wonderful ministry and it is a way to connect with God and listen to good wholesome Christian music throughout my day. I pledged $40 a month to support this great ministry. Keep in keepin on K-Love!!!
4/17/2010 9:20:54 PM
Amber United States
Amber
I've been listening to KLOVE for 6 years now. I'm recent college grad going back to school now to get my teaching credential.  This semester has been stressful esspecially within this last week.  I commute and hour and 30 minutes back and forth between Sacramento, CA and my hometown to go to school, but I know I can get in my car and turn on my radio and listen to Lisa and Eric or Scott and Kelly, and it brightens my whole day.  I can't give much, but I felt God place on my heart to give what I can.  Its amazing how much this one radio station has been a reminder of God's blessings in our lives.  I just want to encourage everyone to give, listen to God's voice, he will bless you if you obey!!!
4/17/2010 9:46:33 PM
Daniel United States
Daniel
I just want to say that Klove and the positive messages you bring to us keeps me grounded in a not so nice world. I drive 25 minutes each way to and from work and during that time I listen to Klove and have recently started listening at work as well.  My family and I are currently going through a real rough patch emotionally and if were not for Klove each and every day, I would not be able to handle all that is going on right now.  During the Fall pledge drive I decided to become a supporter with $10 per month, two days agao while listening at work I decided to step up a bit... I'm not able to go to the $40 level yet, but did ad another $10 to my per month pledge. Today Plub's song Beautiful History came on and couldn't have been a better time for it to play! The words of that song seem to have been written just for me, obviously not but just touched me in a way that only God Himself can touch us.  Thank you Thank you Thank you to Klove and all the staff for following God's lead and calling to be the positive and encouraging messengers in a world that is increasingly darker, you are the light to guide people back to our Father God in heaven!!  May God richly Bless Klove and may this pledge drive be fully funded through the power of Almighty God! Amen!
4/17/2010 10:24:06 PM
Brenda United States
Brenda
Scott and Kelli,
Thanks for all you do.  My husband gave his life to the Lord 6 years in March.  He was drawn to the Lord by the music that he heard on KLove.  Thanks for being there when he needed you.  We are continuing to support KLove monthly.  My whole family listens to you.
4/17/2010 11:27:07 PM
Sheri United States
Sheri
Hello  Scott & Kelli.  I am a relatively new KLOVE listener of only a little over a year.  I heard about you through a very dear friend/sister whom I visit often and enjoy listening to your station with still to this day!  The music you play has invited the Spirit into my surroundings numerous times (so many, I  couldn't count) and I am so grateful for the outpouring through your station!  I work at a dealership where I personally program all the stereos to 89.7 so that when they turn on the vehicle, they can have the opportunity to hear your station and I can't tell you how many conversations that God has moved in on in these moments!!  I pray continually for this station, as you are a great asset to me and my family!!  I truly believe that this station is an avenue to touch hearts and change lives through the Spirit speaking to our hearts and I want to just say God Bless KLOVE and all its participants, both in studio and out!!
4/17/2010 11:32:16 PM
Candace Jeffery United States
Candace Jeffery
KLOVE is such a blessing to me and my family.  I made a pledge back in the fall when I was a single mother, working full-time, and working on my masters degree.  I hurt so bad wanting to be able to give more.  I struggle to make ends meet financially each month and am unable to pledge more at this time.  However, I want to make a prayer pledge for the upcoming year....AND that we are fully funded at the end of this pledge drive.  It hurt so bad when KLOVE didn't make the 100% last fall.  I have two KLOVE stations that I listen to.  I have to change from one KLOVE station to another while traveling back and forth to my graduate classes.  It is two hours one way to attend my classes and KLOVE has been there for me for 2 years now, keeping me company, AWAKE, and very much blessed during those 4 hours on the road.  I listen online while I'm at work and you are always on in my car where ever I go.  I probably listen on average of 10-12 hours a day every day.  May God continue to bless all of you there and the work you do to minister to the world.  It is very much needed AND appreciated.

Love to you all,
Candace Jeffery
Oxford, Arkansas
4/18/2010 5:41:06 AM
Marilynn United States
Marilynn
I am a single parent with my dughter and I both having health issues.  We struggle to make our monthly bills so I am not able to donate money right now, but I pray everyday that KLOVE remains on the air in our area.  I listen to it and pray on my way to work every morning to start my day.  I also listen to it every afternoon and if I have had a bad day at work it calms me down before I get home to my daughter.  I pray continually for KLOVE and the people who share their day with me!!  Thank you to all the people who have donated to keep KLOVE on the air, I appreciate it sooooo much!!!