Apr 27 2010

Gross toothbrush mistake!

Kelli is totally grossed out today. She just discovered that she's been accidentally using her 12-year old son's toothbrush for 2 days! Aaack! Ever had anything like that happen to you?

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (12) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

4/20/2010 2:24:05 AM
Lisa United States
Lisa
Honestly,  I dont think its that big of a deal that you used his toothbrush - after all you changed his poopy diapers and dealt with vomit from him!!!  A little scope should make you feel better - LOL
4/20/2010 2:26:14 AM
Kurt Ceynar United States
Kurt Ceynar
Hey!!!  Listening online!!!

We had an exchange student from Belgium about 8 years ago.  For the first 2 weeks she was here - I used her toothbrush.  It was the same color as mine.

I couldn't figure out why my toothbrush wasn't drying during the day - until she took a week end trip with her exchange organization and "my" toothbrush was missing.  When I figured out what was going on and told her when she got back from the trip - she just sat quietly - I don't think she knew what to say.
4/20/2010 2:26:16 AM
Greta United States
Greta
I've never used someone else's toothbrush, but I did find out that my young son was using MY toothbrush to wash off things! He never did tell me what all he used it on either. I guess I really didn't want to know.
4/20/2010 2:26:23 AM
Denelle United States
Denelle
Definately not that gross at all for our family. We share everything except our toothbrushes. Other ppl are grossed out when we eat from the same silverware! I tell my kids, if you came from me, I'm not that worried about what I'm getting from you Smile Although, just lately, I've made the same mistake several times. Dip the brush in boiling water. Although slighty grossed out when I did it... really, not a big deal.
4/20/2010 2:26:37 AM
CHARLIE United States
CHARLIE
I AM 10 THERE ARE 5 OF US AND MY MOM USES COLORED DUCT TAPE AROUND THE HANDLES SO WE DONT GET THEM MIXED UP
PS
I LOVE KLOVE
4/20/2010 2:27:19 AM
Blanca United States
Blanca
My 26 year old friend accidentally used her brother's (same age) toothbrush one day and her boyfriend refused to kiss her for a week!!!!!! Hahaha....I think her brother tossed the toothbrush or burned it or something but yeah, that's totally gross :p
4/20/2010 2:27:38 AM
Kassandra United States
Kassandra
If I am in a rush and I haven't unpacked my toothbrush after a vacation, or if I left mine somewhere (cause I often bring it to events or work when I am short on time and brush there) I actually will use my husbands! I better check with him tonight to make sure he knows...
4/20/2010 2:27:55 AM
Dana Simonson United States
Dana Simonson
There was a missonary in New Guinea working on establishing contact with a tribal group in order to learn their language.  She was getting little more than curious looks.  The villagers watched her brush her teeth with interest.  After several days, she found a line of villagers all using her toothbrush.  In order to build a relationship, she pushed past her disgust and proceeded to continue to use that brush.  Through that she was able to gain acceptance and later won many of them to Christ.

I don't know the details as I heard this story years ago.  You may want to do some searches and find that story.
4/20/2010 2:29:51 AM
Beth United States
Beth
I don't think it matters!  He is your son!  And what's the point in telling him?  It's not like he is going to continue to use it now, is he?  Just throw it away and give him a new one!  I'm sure he'll appreciate that!
4/20/2010 2:30:25 AM
Tasha K United States
Tasha K
Why do you have to tell him? You said that he "lost" his toothbrush. So just toss it and get him a replacement. (Hopefully one of a different color) He shouldn't be grossed out, it's not like he's gonna use it now...
I would be grossed out if someone else used my toothbrush but since I haven't been a mom yet, I thought it would be different between mom's and their kids.
4/20/2010 2:30:58 AM
Kristen Campbell United States
Kristen Campbell
It's so funny you are talking about this because I found out some interesting things about a friend at church last night at our women's meeting. Among other things, she and her husband SHARE a toothbrush!!

4/20/2010 2:32:38 AM
Charles Keller United States
Charles Keller
I seen a family cirus cartoon were the son was puting the mom's tooth brush in the dishwasher.  When the dad asked why?  The son responed, "I used it last week to brush the dog's teeth and forgot wash then!"