eventTarget; theForm.__EVENTARGUMENT.value = eventArgument; theForm.submit(); } } //]]>
Aug 23 2011

Interview, Home Delivery and Earthquakes Today

We will have special guest Building 429 today at 4pm Pacific/6pm Central.

Who did Jason from Building 429 injure while playing basketball?

Writing "Listen To The Sound."

The story behind the name.

Listen to the entire interview here.

Chris August shares about his first Home Delivery in Indianapolis.

Where is Chris August going next? Oklahoma City!

Please pray for the East Coast.

5.9 Earthquake hits Virginia and felt in New York. You can find this on our News Page.

5.3 Earthquake hits Colorado last night at 11:46pm local time. New York Times

Is your area at risk?

How do you prepare for an earthquake? FEMA

Hurricane Irene Update:

How do you prepare for a hurricane? FEMA

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (4) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
Aug 22 2011

Special Guest Does Home Deliveries This Week

Chris August is our special guest talking about his "Home Delivery" concerts this week.

Talking about Home Delivery concert in Indianapolis tonight.

The story behind "70x7"

The story behind "Starry Night"

Going to Kansas City tomorrow.

Entire interview here.

Chris August getting ready to play in Indianapolis.

Make a Difference Monday, people making a difference.

Extreme couponing, for a cause. TODAY

LifeLight Festival September 2-4, 2011

Please pray for Libya.

Hurricane Preperation Kit by FEMA

The things we do for our kids, like watch them cheer and get a sun burn.

Supermom myth can make you miserable. CNN Health

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (0) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
Aug 21 2011

Music I Love

Check out one of my new favorites from Jamie Grace (with a hint of some TobyMac) called "Hold Me." The melody as well as the message is awesome!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (7) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
How have you made a difference today?
May 03 2010

How have you made a difference today?

It's Monday...and that means it's Make a Difference Monday! What have you done to make a difference today? Has someone done something encouraging for you? You can encourage others by sharing your story here!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (46) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

4/25/2010 4:27:04 PM
kenzie United States
kenzie
my dad is making a differance in someone's life. he is going to help teach my sister's soccer practice for the coach because the coach is out of town. he is just now learning the kids names and who they are. he is not best soccer player but he's making a differance in someone's life and i encourge everyone to do the same.
4/25/2010 4:33:49 PM
kenzie United States
kenzie
my dad is making a difference in someone's life by coaching soccer for my sister's coach because he is out of town. my dad just learned the girls names. he is not the best soccer player. he is making a differince in someone's life and i encourage others to do the same.
4/25/2010 4:34:05 PM
kenzie United States
kenzie
4/25/2010 4:45:20 PM
Becca United States
Becca
My sister-in-law is making a difference in my life this wonderful monday.  She has taken one of my three children - the youngest and most rambutious one - not just for the day but overnight!  And its even better because not only am I sick, but a week away from delivering my 4th child and trying to get the rest of my "to do" list done.  I praise God for my in-law family - they truely are God - given.
4/25/2010 4:59:46 PM
Jackie United States
Jackie
I hope that this email will be my way to make a difference today. There are new $1 coins that do not have the "In God We Trust" on it. Many christians have decided not to take these coins. They ask for paper dollar bills or take quarters. This statement will make a difference. Please everyone join in. Our nation can not take God missing anywhere else.
4/25/2010 5:03:46 PM
Jim stevens United States
Jim stevens
Last Monday i was going home from Wichita and picked up a hitch hiker going from south east Okla to northern Calif. His name was Sam.He was on the road for several days when he caught a ride to Wichita then they stopped to take on gas and when he came out the ride had left and took all his stuff.well he said that he was standing on the side of the road for 3 hours and no one stop till i did.we started talking about where he was going and where he came from and then I said it was your lucky day today was make a difference Monday. as it turned out he sang with his brother who played the guitar and went to older folks homes for a kind of worship service because they were few and far between towns.so as we reach my home town I asked if he had eaten he said no so we went by and I purched him some food then went to my home and I gave him a backpack and blanket a water bottle with h2o and returned him to the interstate there I gave him a 20 dollar bill and he said just a few hours ago I had nothing and now I wont be cold tonight.The LORD dose answers prayers
4/25/2010 5:25:39 PM
Kathie Hedrick United States
Kathie Hedrick
I am moving out of my home in about 20 days and the lady moving in Kelly, she called me last night last minute and told me she found a storage shed and she would like to bring it over before she moves in.  She cannot keep it where she is now and she got a great deal on it and could not pass it up.  She told me she would like to pay me for the next 20 days it is here and I told her I would not hear of it.  She could bring it over now and not to worry I would take good care of it before she moved in.  I know this was not on Monday but it was the day before!  Smile  Anyway she could not believe it when she brought it over and gave me such a big hug and told me.  I am a very blessed lady and said more is coming!  I was just blessed by her wonderful hug and the big smile on her face, that was payment enough!  Smile
4/25/2010 5:40:21 PM
Melissa United States
Melissa
Hey Scott and Kelli!

Well, it wasn’t a Monday, but I wanted to share this story with you:

Last Thursday I was at Wal-Mart, in the check-out line behind a lady with a very full cart.  She was putting a few items aside before it was her turn and I didn’t pay that much notice.  When it was finally her turn I noticed that toward the end of her transaction she had asked the checker how much the bill was and asked the checker to please not ring up about 8 or 10 items on the counter.  The lady commented that she knew she was going to be close and she had to get gas; which was $20.  She was happy that she had about $2 or $3 dollars left.  I told her I understood, that things sure do add up.  When the checker counted the money she was $3 and some change short.  The lady started looking through her purse and was able to come up with $2 but still needed $1.58.  She looked for a few seconds more.  The checker pulled some change out of her pocket and at the same time I opened my wallet and pulled out $1.58 (the funny thing is I got a $2 check in the mail the day before!)and offered to pay the difference.  The lady was so appreciative and I said it was no problem; it was my pleasure.

Now….this is the coolest part!!!  I said to the lady – “You know, I listen to a radio station, KLOVE, and they do what’s called “Make a Difference Mondays” inspiring people to help each other out in one way or another”.  This got the clerk to tell a great story and the lady said she is inspired to pay it forward.  After we both left, I passed her again in the parking lot and told her she should listen to KLOVE, 107.3 and she told me she was just saying the name of the  radio station to herself so she could remember it!  Then, I put my groceries in my van and a guy walked by, asked if I was done with my cart and offered to take it in for me.  I just LOVE how the good will goes around  and around.  It was only $1.58 but it sure made a great impact!!
4/25/2010 5:50:05 PM
Rachel United States
Rachel
An action as simple as opening the door for you left me stunned and baffled. Something so simple yet it ment a lot =)
4/25/2010 5:56:48 PM
Michelle United States
Michelle
I would like to tell you how you and a listener have made a difference in my life today.  I have been praying about my son for a very long time.  He is going down a path that is not from God and I am heartbroken by the decisions he has been making lately.  My husband and I have tried hard to raise our children in a Godly home and take them to church every week.  I was struggling with the decision of what to do because although I knew God was telling me to take a stand and do what is right, I was so afraid of my son never talking to me again that I would not do it.  But after hearing the letter that you read on the air from the pastor's son, I know that whether my son never speaks to me again or not, I must do all I can to protect my son from the life the Devil is calling him into.  And it gave me encouragement that maybe - just maybe - he will get over it and come to love God and me again one day.  Thank you so much for all you do!
4/25/2010 6:24:50 PM
Monica Schuerr United States
Monica Schuerr
This past winter my dad, who is 63 years old, would wake up at 5:30 am each morning it had snowed and would use his snow blower to clear driveways up and down his street…much like a "secret elf."  The most driveways he cleared in one morning were eleven.  By the 2nd or 3rd time he had done this...small gifts of thankfulness or cards began showing up on his doorstep. It didn't take long for people to figure out who on the street had a snow blower. The best part of it all is that my son who is 15 years old wants to be giving to others "...just like Grandpa." My dad has made a difference! God Bless him!
4/25/2010 6:29:36 PM
Artemis Sinclair United States
Artemis Sinclair
I went into the hardware store to pick up some batteries and the cashier just started gushing about my necklace and earrings. She just couldn't get over how much she loved them. When she gave me my change, I handed her the jewelry and walked out before she could protest. I really enjoyed gifting something so easily and fulfilling her wish.
4/25/2010 7:04:17 PM
Beth Davidson United States
Beth Davidson
I am a 38 yr old Mom, also a former homeless teenager. I had the pleasure to help 4 homeless wonderful women today. All of them have finally found homes but have absolutely nothing to furnish it with. I work for a storage company where I keep items, that have been left behind, as donations for my other customers that might need them. Georgia called me on Friday to see if I had any beds to help them with. I told her to bring the ladies with her and allowed them to look thru the couple units I have and take whatever they could use. Georgia has to drive a few hundred miles round trip to pick up her stuff so I told her she can just stay at my house tonight so she doesn't have to make 2 trips. I just bought an old truck today too so if she needs help hauling it I will do whatever she needs. This is my way of paying it forward for all those people that helped me out when I lived on the streets from 16-18 yrs old.

Thank you guys for giving people a way to share how much love we have in our hearts for God and others in our communities.
4/25/2010 7:04:32 PM
Holly United States
Holly
Every thursday, I would take a boquet of flowers, not expensive ones, just ones you can pick up in the grocery store, and I would go down to the hospital, and ask the nurse's station on the cancer floor, who never recieves visitors or who could use a smile, and I would go in and just talk with the people, and give them flowers, just to see them smile. I love the feeling talking to them, and seeing the smile knowing that someone loves them. & on every card I would simply write, Jesus loves you.
4/25/2010 7:25:36 PM
Jackie United States
Jackie
Today I helped students that needed help on their math and other studies and knowing that i'm helping somebody who didn't have anyone to help them is just an amazing feeling knowing that I  made a difference in the life of a child!
4/25/2010 7:25:51 PM
Kim United States
Kim
My 10-year-old son has such a generous, giving spirit and has shown this on many occasions.  Today is one of them in which we made a trip to a store so he could buy something with the birthday money he had received.  He bought himself a few items, then bought each of his sisters some things they really wanted.  He blessed them, but he also blessed this mother's heart even more!
4/25/2010 7:40:16 PM
Danya Tess United States
Danya Tess
It's not me that makes a difference, but my neighbor.  As the youngest couple in the neighborhood at 25, our neighbors (mostly retired) look at us for the occasional help. One neighbor is the one that has made a difference in our life as a family.  Snow Blowing our driveway, giving my kids oranges and apples, tomatoes from the garden.  Today on Make a Difference Monday, he called offering us a 1/2 of a cantaloupe.  On his way over this 82 yr old man tripped on the curb, laughed while I tried to help him up apologizing for dropping the fruit.  This man that started as a stranger, feels more like family, than our own families.  We thank God for Mr. Pace!
4/25/2010 7:51:24 PM
Emily United States
Emily
I had two someones, who happen to be co-workers, made a difference in my life today.  Today is the four year anniversary of my dad leaving this earth and moving to his home in Heaven.  These two special ladies knew today was going to be rough for me.  I had asked for the day off at work, but didn't give a reason.  My time off was denied.  One of them called our boss this morning to tell him why I wanted the day off.  He called our other boss and one of my co-workers to tell them I wouldn't be in.  He then called me to tell me what happened and that I could be off today.  I burst into tears!  I went to their house for lunch.  I laughed.  I cried.  Most importantly, I knew they cared about me enough to make sure I had this day off to remember my dad.  It was so nice knowing today how much they really cared for me.
4/25/2010 8:06:07 PM
Natalie United States
Natalie
Someone has made a difference in my life today.  We are adopting a little boy from Ethiopia.  We struggled with fertility and have now felt God's call to adopt.  WE have been waiting almost 10 weeks for a court date.  Another family is traveling to pick their daughter right now.  Despite lack of sleep, she wrote me a detailed email about my little boy, his demeanor, and took pictures.  It was so uplifting and gave me a glimmer of hope in a week that is looking like I won't be a mommy again on mother's day.  Thank you Liz!
4/25/2010 9:04:30 PM
Becki United States
Becki
I made a difference on Saturday for my elderly parents.  My dad is in terrible physical shape due to rheumatoid arthritis.  In recent years, he has also fallen and broken his hip and his back.  My mom is not in the best of health either due to aging.  She is devoted to my dad and takes care of him all of the time, even though she needs someone to take care of her, too.  She is responsible for preparing meals, shopping, errands, bill paying...she does it all. Doing all of these things is difficult and wears her down, to the point of sometimes being frustrated. I went saturday and helped her clean her house and helped her get rid of some of the clutter that was in their way.  I'm so glad I could help.  My mom had a brighter look in her eye when I left, and my Dad said a gentle "thank you, dear" to me.  I made a difference for them and their appreciation made a difference for me.
4/26/2010 2:22:34 AM
Joe Japan
Joe
Hi Scott and Kelli!

I am an Indonesian that live in Japan right now.
KLOVE is great and reaching the world through the internet for sure.

It is a holiday now in Japan from May 1st to May 5th.
I believe that GOD has a plan in my life here in Japan. In a country where has not much churches. I am listening preaches online on Sundays from an Indonesian church, and listening to KLOVE everyday.
KLOVE gives me a great spiritual support everyday and keeps me close to GOD.

I plan to earn more money for living by making websites after I got home everyday from my regular work. And I promised to GOD to give HIM my first website (under construction).
Last week, I got connected to my old-best-friend again after more than 5 years.
He went to Canada and now in Indonesia again ... which is searching partners to work together with him in making websites ... what a surprise.
And he asked me if I want to help him or not.
Of course, I said "YES"!
Only one thing I asked him that I need a little bit more time to finish my project for GOD first before I join and start working with him.

The website I am working on right now is a simple HTML site that provides online bible for every one to read in three languages.
Indonesian - Japanese - English (KJV)
I just hope this little work can make a difference in others life.

God bless us,

Joe
4/26/2010 2:30:46 AM
Vicky United States
Vicky
As a public high school biology teacher I am not able to verbally share my faith with my students. However your "Make a difference Monday" along with the man who was left to die on the street by many passers-by inspired me to talk to my students about making a difference. One day last week I shared the story of the man and the life he saved and told the students it was "Think of others Tuesday." On Wednesday, it was "Grant a wish Wednesday" and so on throughout the week. Today a student came to me and said he thought it should be "Make a new friend Monday". I gladly wrote the slogan on the board. In my third block class one of my students, who is not always my best =), suggested tomorrow be "Thank others Tuesday" and that he would be coming by first thing in the morning to make sure it happened.

I'm not sure if the students are taking action  outside of my classroom but hopefully God will work through the slogans and open their hearts to make sure differences happen.
4/26/2010 3:30:43 AM
Alayna Kempf United States
Alayna Kempf
My husband and I are both police officers.  We lost a local deputy to gunfire on 9-28-09.  Though we did not know him personally, this hit very close to home.  As my husband and I lay in bed together the night of his death, his warmth behind me and arm around me broke my heart and caused me to cry.  I felt SOOO convicted at the very moment to do something for the deputy's wife and 2 year old daughter.  For Christmas 2008 I made my husband a quilt out of our old police uniforms, and felt convicted to do this for his wife as well.  Neither my husband nor I knew the deputy or his wife,...but God is FAITHFUL to hear your prayers and plea when you call out to Him.  I prayed, begging God to let this work out somehow.  I spoke to a friend who knows the family the day following the deputy's death and was able to obtain his uniforms and other clothing that very day.  WHAT AN ANSWER TO PRAYER !!!  God is SOOO GOOD !!!  After the quilts were finished we were able to personally hand deliver them - physically putting part of their loved one back in their arms.  This ministry has exploded.  We send out offers to each and every officer who dies in the line of duty (www.odmp.org) and God picks and chooses which of those will respond.  We are sooo blessed and so thankful beyond words that God has chosen us for this type of ministry.  Through this ministry - making quilts and other items out of the uniforms of fallen offices - we are able to share the name of God, His comfort, His compassion, and His love.  I hear it mentioned often that God speaks His message to you through songs, and I am a complete believer in this.  The song of my heart - and behind what we do is "The Power Of Your Name"......I will live To carry Your compassion To love a world that's broken
To see the world be changed By the power of Your name !!!!  If you'd like, check out our website and see pics at http://www.comfortquilts.info

Thank you K-Love for the difference you have made in my life and in  the life of sooo many others !!!
4/26/2010 3:32:49 AM
Alayna Kempf United States
Alayna Kempf
you can also follow our ministry on facebook at : http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=296401369846&ref=ts
4/26/2010 3:34:31 AM
Neva Hall United States
Neva Hall
New Joy Lutheran Church in Westfield, IN has a Monday night women's group that knits prayer shawls.  They meet at my house and as a reminder I send a weekly devotional.  Here is the one from this week that was inspired by your music ministry:
May 2, 2010
Blessings to you, Joysters!
I have been listening to K-love 101.9 for the past few months and I heard an interview with Amy Grant about one of her new songs called "Better than a Hallelujah."   She sang it and I've been waiting ever since I heard if for it to play again and for her new album to come out.  Today I found the lyrics and thought you would like to read them.  These lyrics remind me of the bible passage:
Romans 8:26 (New International Version)
26In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.
Better than a Hallelujah
God loves a lullaby
In a mothers tears in the dead of night
Better than a Hallelujah sometimes.
God loves the drunkards cry,
The soldiers plea not to let him die
Better than a Hallelujah sometimes.

We pour out our miseries
God just hears a melody
Beautiful the mess we are
The honest cries of breaking hearts
Are better than a Hallelujah.

The woman holding on for life,
The dying man giving up the fight
Are better than a Hallelujah sometimes
The tears of shame for what's been done,
The silence when the words won't come
Find More lyrics at www.sweetslyrics.com
Are better than a Hallelujah sometimes.

We pour out our miseries
God just hears a melody
Beautiful the mess we are
The honest cries of breaking hearts
Are better than a Hallelujah
Better than a church bell ringing,
Better than a choir singing out,singing out.

We pour out our miseries
God just hears a melody
Beautiful the mess we are
The honest cries of breaking hearts
Are better than a Hallelujah

Better than a church bell ringing
better than a choir singin' loud
singin' loud
Repeat Chorus
No matter what your situation, God wants to hear from you.  If you are so filled with joy you are speechless or if you are so filled with sorrow you can't think.  If you don't know what to say, let the Holy Spirit say it for you.  God wants a personal relationship with you and He has given us the gift of the Holy Spirit to help us develop that relationship.
Please join me on Mondays after 6:30 and we can share the love of God.  We can knit prayer shawls to encourage those who don't know what to say.
God is good!
Neva Hall                All the time!
4/26/2010 4:12:23 AM
Danae Bingaman United States
Danae Bingaman
Hi. I have 2 things to say. 1 is that the lady who just called in said that she was sexualy abused. I was also, at 8 years of age. I am now 12. My abuser was my own father, who I may never see again. I can relate to her in a special way. The second thing is about my mom. My mom is a savior. She has helped me through my recovery and has made me so honest that I will remind people like my teacher to give us punishment. Sometimes my mom is even better than my therepist. I am an only child(unless you count the 3 step-sisters and the other 2 step-brothers). My real sister was a still-borne and I have gone through many tragities. I am so blessed to have a mom that cares like a mother bear over an injered cub(and also for my step-dad and step-mom). The lord has givin me an angel for a mother. Im blessed to have her. (Please put this on air).
4/26/2010 4:27:20 AM
J.T. United States
J.T.
my new neighbors just moved in next door, and i made a difference in there life by taking in the trash for them. i don't know them yet and i am going to keep it a secret. i am only 12. thanks for everything you guys do.
4/26/2010 4:31:04 AM
Alayna Kempf United States
Alayna Kempf
My husband and I are both police officers.  We make quilts for the families of officers who have died in the line of duty - out of their uniforms - at no cost to the family or the department.  The song of my heart is "The Power of Your Name"......I will live To carry Your compassion
To love a world that's broken To be Your hands and feet I will give With the life that I've been given And go beyond religion To see the world be changed By the power of Your name.  I feel sooo blessed that God is using us through this type of ministry - to share His compassion, His comfort, His peace, and His love with these grieving families.  You can view our quilts at http://www.comfortquilts.info or follow our ministry on Facebook through Comfort Quilts page at http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=296401369846&ref=ts
4/26/2010 4:32:43 AM
Alayna Kempf United States
Alayna Kempf
you'll have to copy and paste the last link as it just takes you to the main Facebook page if you click on it.
4/26/2010 4:32:52 AM
Alayna Kempf
Alayna Kempf
4/26/2010 6:29:19 AM
Niqelle United States
Niqelle
Hey I just wanted to tell jackie that on the $1 coins it does say "in God we trust" it is around the rim I know everyone Is saying it doesn't say that but I can asure you it's around the rim
4/27/2010 9:31:56 AM
Ron Moore United States
Ron Moore
I work with a friend with a son with brittle bone disorder. Last fall the son broke his elbow.he has had 3 surgeries on it. Tom(my friend)now owes several thousand dollars in med bills.I have started to collect aluminum cans so he can recycle them. My goal is to fill his truck at least once.So far it's going well.But I thought this also can be used to raise funds for other worthwhile projects.Such as to purchase food for food pantries,or christmas share projects,and other things.so spread the word we can cleanup our environment and do good at the same time.
4/27/2010 11:42:23 AM
Sarah United States
Sarah
I will turn 17 on June 18 and go to a Christian Highschool.  Well every Thursday we have chapel in the caffatoria.  two chapels ago (so like 2 weeks ago)Mrs. Jesh did my favorite chapel.  Mrs. Jesh is the middle school spanish teacher at my school.  I never really had her although she has helped me whti my spirtual life this past year.  During chapel she talked about her childhood and how her family misstreated her growing up.  Her mom drank, her dad broke her nose just for making her litter bro's water too hot, and her older bro raped her.  She told us that she tried to cover up the pain from sex and druggs, but when she couldn't take it any longer one of her bro's helped her come to Christ (her bro learned abt it from someone else and wanted to share the good news w/her.  Her mom to this day is not a Christian.  Though I am not going through nearly as much pain as she did I have a similer life.  My father also is not a believer, but an evolutionist.  Through her I was reminded to live a helthy life as a Christian.  The chapel she gave was the most inspirational chapel I ever went to.  A lot of people learned from it.  After I talked with her and others a week later I expearences an awsome amount of peace from God telling me everything is ok.  PRAISE JESUS!!!!!!  I love Mrs. Jesh and to this day hope to get to know her better through the years.  Please pray that that God would help that to happen.
5/3/2010 10:02:33 PM
angelinapalombo@aol.com United States
angelinapalombo@aol.com
God's love and blood cover each and every one of these requests! Praise our lord God almighty....for without him we are nothinng! With him we are everything!!    HALELLUJAH!!!!!!!!
5/3/2010 11:58:31 PM
John United States
John
Hey, Scott & Kelli

Wher is the video about mothers you spoke of?

John
5/3/2010 11:58:51 PM
Alex United States
Alex
My friend who is 5 months pregnant is currently experiencing some really bad medical problems. Her husband is the only one that works and she is usually the one that takes them to school and picks them up. Having four children of my own I understand the difficulty. So I told her husband that I can pick the kids up from school and bring them to my house and make sure their homework is done until he gets home from work. I'm also having them leave their littlest one with me throughout the day. I will be helping them out this whole week. They have no family here and I know God gives us friends for a reason. They are a special family and I wanted to show them how special they were to my family.
5/4/2010 6:22:09 AM
Dawn United States
Dawn
my make a difference monday came today the day after mothers day. My 18 year old daughter and I seem to fight every day. Mothers day was peaceful and I watched as she gave her granny a card, mailed one to grandma and gave one to my best friend. on Monday as the usuall struggle to get her up for school begain I noticed a card and a purple silk flower laying under my car keys. Inside the card was a hand written story of a man who proposed to his girlfriend and when she said yes he gave her 11 real roses and one silk rose he told he he would love her as long as the flowers lived. she then wrote that even though we dont always get along that she did love me and she would love me until the silk flower lost its color and the she waited until monday to give me the card because she knew I loved make a difference monday and she wanted to make a difference my mothers day and monday.I will cherish this card and flower forever.
5/4/2010 6:50:54 AM
abigail United States
abigail
today was the awards meeting for track.  My coach has a son who has autisum and is going away to get a degree in college on teaching kids with autism.  He loves the Lord and is really nice and funny.  He is very dear to me and he has left a permanent mark on my heart that will stay there forever.
5/4/2010 6:58:53 AM
Bethany United States
Bethany
My wonderful family made a difference for me today! Today is my birtday, so they treated me to lunch then they (knowing we struggle week to week financially) bought me some flowers to plant in the ground, then planted them for me. Then they proceed to help me get my garden planted. It was such a wonderful and pleasant surprise and I praise God for such loving and godly family!
5/4/2010 8:02:15 AM
David Snow United States
David Snow
I recently broke up with my girlfriend of the past two years and it's been painful.  Each day has been a struggle for me but I know that God is working on me and healing my heart.  There are still days that are really trying on me and today was one of them. I prayed to make a difference for somebody today but it didn't happen.  My best friend since high school, who I was recently reunited with again, knocked on my door unexpectedly today.  I leaned on him with what I was feeling today after he noticed that something did not seem right with me.  He gave me words of encouragement and reminded me that God is right here with me and is holding me through all of this.  What he said hit home for me and it really lifted me up.  It's amazing to see how much he has grown in the Lord and I am thankful to God for my brother in Christ.  It's amazing how I hoped to make a difference for someone today but instead, God used my best friend to make a difference in my life today. God bless you all and your ministry at K-LOVE.  God is good!!
5/4/2010 1:53:38 PM
Mary United States
Mary
Tonight my daughters and I had the best time! We bought several dozen roses (on clearance from Mother's Day) and we made a list of who we wanted to deliver them. Funny thing is that, only one of those people were home, so we prayed what to do with the other flowers and God let us to several people who had experienced a rough Monday and needed a pick me up! We delivered all the flowers and I am pretty sure we received the biggest blessing! Thanks for the Make a Difference Monday idea, I think it will become a regular event in our home.
5/11/2010 10:28:16 PM
Carla United States
Carla
We are in the middle of buying a new home. We already sold our current one. When our buyers take possession of our current home our new one will not be ready yet. We were in a predicament as to where to stay during this time. Well I have the most incredible husband. This wonderful man sold his Harley Davidson motorcyle, to buy a used RV for us to stay in. I don't think he realizes just how incredible I think he is. God sent me Mr. Incredible 12 years ago and I am so thankful.
5/11/2010 11:15:28 PM
Karen T. Bryan United States
Karen T. Bryan
It seems like every Monday that I want to participate in make a difference Monday, the opportunity never really presented itself. Today, I walked to the student union for a quick lunch for my boss & I. They are under construction right now, and everything was really hectic. I glanced at the menu and didn't see the chicken salad sandwich that my boss had requested. I quickly looked behind me and noticed a young man standing there. I said, "Why don't you go ahead of me since I need to make a quick phone call." The young man chuckled and said, "Well let me know when you finish." as if he was going to let me have my spot back. I wasn't worried about it. Realized that I hadn't read the menu all the way. By this time the young man had ordered and was trying to pay. The lady swiped his card a few more times before informing him that his card was not yet activated. He looked in his wallet which was empty. Before I knew it, I handed the lady my card & stated, "just put it on my card with all this." The young man looked at me and stated that I didn't have to do that. I couldn't say anything, I just smiled at him. He leaned over and gave me the sweetest hug! I was so happy. To top it off, I bought my boss's lunch also. She and I used to be best friends until she made some bad decisions and ended our friendship. I didn't tell her I bought her lunch, I figured that God knows!! Smile Feeling good!! Thank you God for such opportunities today!!!
5/12/2010 6:43:11 AM
Rochelle Miller United States
Rochelle Miller
I had the opportunity to talk to a mother who's child is in the same class as my daughter.  She openly shared with me that she is leaving her husband due to some physical abuse.  She told me she had no place to go to keep her and her daughter safe...she also has no job.  It just so happens that I just bought a house and am getting married on May 29th and my current apartment will be vacant until July 7th.  I offered my apartment to her until the end of my lease.  I also told her that she doesn't need to worry about paying the rent or the utilities as that is something i already budgeted for.  She told me how much of a God send I was and that He is truly looking out for her.  God is always there when you seek Him and He hears our cries and He places people in our lives at just the right moment when you need it the most.
5/12/2010 4:29:32 PM
Brenda United States
Brenda
I have the priveledge of teaching the 3/4 year old Cubbies at my church's Awana program. I have thought for some time that was how I made a difference, which in many ways is true. But as I have thought about this I have come to know that these beautiful children are making a difference in my life. Watching them learn and tell me Bible verses and stories that they know very well lifts me every day. To see these little ones other places in town and have them come hug me is a gift of love only a small child can give. I am so grateful for this program and the opportunity to know these children.
11/29/2010 5:50:58 PM
Terri Gillette United States
Terri Gillette
I have been scared of stuff my whole life.  I even used to scare myself as a child.  But, I have asked God to help me with this and this is what happened.
I am a Christian Comediene and I am also in nursing school.  The other night as I was going home from a performance I was driving in a very bad part of my city and I saw a man lying in the middle of the road and another man was standing over him.  I immediately pulled my car over and without thinking of where I was or what could be happening I jumped out of my car and went back to see if I could help.  As it turned out the man was a homeless man and had fallen in the street because his prosthetic leg had come loose.  The man standing over him was trying to keep cars from hitting him.  I immediately went into nurse mode and figured out how to get the man out of the street and get his leg back on.  He didn't want to leave his bag in the middle of the road so I took his bag and the other man helped him to the curb.  I asked him where he wanted me to put his bag and he pointed to a corner of a building and said this was his corner.  This particular night was supposed to be the first cold snap of this year for us.  I just happened to have an extra blanket in my car.  I asked him if he wanted it and he was very thankful.  If I had given in to my fears and not stopped that man would have either been run over or would have frozen to death.  After I got back into my car and started home it hit me where I was and what kind of neighborhood it was, yet even then I was not frightened.  God is so good.