May 04 2010

Happy Star Wars Day! May the 4th be with you!

Scott claims that Star Wars is the best movie ever. Kelli thinks he's crazy! She likes Star Trek better. What do you think? Star Wars or Star Trek?

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (23) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

4/30/2010 10:39:11 AM
Braheem United States
Braheem
How can you not like star wars? For its time it had ground breaking special effect and it had a good story unlike some current movies that have ground breaking CG "cough avatar cough"
4/30/2010 10:47:44 AM
Tricia United States
Tricia
I'm not really a fan of either Star Wars or Star Trek (to be honest I've never seen Star Wars) but maybe Kelly prefers Star Trek because it was short episodes that spanned over many years... kept it fresh and different where Star Wars is a movie and she might not watch the same movie over and over?? Just a guess...
4/30/2010 10:48:10 AM
Kristine United States
Kristine
Star Wars all the way.  It crosses generations.  The first movie came out the year my brother was born, the second series of 3 came out when I was a teenager and now I get to play LEGO Star Wars with my 2 boys on the Wii.  Not to mention the many parallels between the Jedi and Jesus and the Sith and Satan.  Come on Kelly!!! Get on the Star Wars train!!! By the way Scott, ask the kids when you said "two words" I was so screaming lightsabers in the car.  They thought I was going nuts.
4/30/2010 10:53:49 AM
Tammy Lower United States
Tammy Lower
Star Wars most definately!!!  How can anyone not see the good verses evil and not root for the good.  When Hans Solo was frozen in the second episode, it about made me crasy to have to wait for the next movie to find out what happened to him.  I was so upset when it ended and he hadn't come back.  Star Wars all the way!!! Sorry, Kelli!
4/30/2010 10:59:18 AM
Joseph Marotta United States
Joseph Marotta
Our 5 year old son Joseph passed away on Oct 18, 2009 from H1N1. Today we are celebrating Josephs 6th birthday, as we are eating cake and talking about how Joseph would have wanted a Star Wars cake. Just then we hear KLOVE talking about today is Star Wars day! We had no idea that Star Wars Day and Josephs birthday were one in the same.  He would have been so thrilled!!  Happy Star Wars Day Everyone!! Thanks for the sign from up above Smile
4/30/2010 11:00:15 AM
Teri United States
Teri
Kelly,

Star Wars isn't just about "good & evil".  It's about being young and resilent.(what could be worse than growing up without your parents?) It's about being young and discovering your strengths/gifts then with the love and support of your family (aunt/uncle) and friends...using those gifts to make the world a better place.  It's not easy to stand up for what is right, use your gifts for good, or show compassion and forgiveness to others.  Star Wars is about all of us (as individuals and as those who love and support us).  This theme can be found in Harry Potter,and Twilight (more indepth if you read the books).
May the Force be with you!
Star Wars Fan
4/30/2010 11:04:53 AM
Braheem United States
Braheem
how can you not like star wars? If defined and was the standard for special effects for years! And it had a good story to boot, unlike some current high tech movies "cough avatar cough"

Star Trek is good also but I would have to say star wars is better.
4/30/2010 11:18:05 AM
Dee United States
Dee
I have to say that both are great. However, I agree with Kelli that Star Trek makes you think more. Star Trek tackles social issues, time travel, alternate universes, etc. It also has cool technology with phasers, photon torpedos and the transporter.
4/30/2010 11:42:36 AM
Pam United States
Pam
Star Wars ROCKS!!  A few years back when my son was a senior in High School I made him an Anakin Skywalker costume (at his request) to wear to his Senior Prom.  He was a huge hit.  For the opening of the final movie (Episode III) I made a dozen Jedi robes and my kids, their friends and myself all went to the midnight showing in our Jedi robes.  It was a blast.  Star Wars has a good message and is good family fun.  You have to at least watch it to say you don't like it, so everyone who hasn't given it a chance...what are you waiting for?
4/30/2010 11:49:10 AM
Travis United States
Travis
Dee,Kelli Im twelve and I like star treck movie but being an almost thirteen year old I grew up whith star wars 1,2,3 and know they have the clone wars movie and show in cartoonnetwork!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  STAR WARS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4/30/2010 12:12:55 PM
Julie United States
Julie
Hi Scott and Kelli, I posted this on your facebook page, but I will do it here since I didnt see it before. I tried calling you earlier, but couldnt get through. I was listening to you debate over Star Wars and Star Trek, I have to go with Scott on this one due to my 3 year old son being named after Anakin Skywalker. However, Scott I am not a Star Wars fan and my ex husband named my son.
4/30/2010 1:33:15 PM
Sarah United States
Sarah
I definately LOVE STAR TREK! One of the ladies who work at the group home Im in plays old videos of it all the time and it was funny cause I heard this argument when we were watching one of them! GO KELLI!
4/30/2010 1:38:33 PM
Rebecca United States
Rebecca
Happy Star Wars Day Scott and Kelli!!!!!!!!!!
I like Star Wars better than Star Trek(sorry Kelli). My favorite characters are Padme Amidala, Anakin Skywalker, Obi-wan Kenobi, Han Solo and Yoda. I'm a huge Star Wars fan but I like K-LOVE way better!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU SCOTT AND KELLI!! MAY THE FORCE B WITH U.
4/30/2010 2:20:09 PM
Anne United States
Anne
As far as Star Wars, well, I did not grow up watching it, but I do have two words for both of you.  Spiritual Warfare......  Outside of the movies based on the comics that Stan Lee developed, you will not find a secular movie that more accurately portrays this battle and puts it into a very real physical appearance.  Not even Lord of the Rings (which I really don't get).
4/30/2010 2:27:05 PM
david United States
david
I only watch Star Trek because most of it was based on the possible, ie the cell phone flip phone design came from Star Trek.
As an electric engineer that is important.
4/30/2010 2:27:37 PM
June Mann United States
June Mann
I love star wars, but my husband is with you Kelli, he loves star trek. He was so bad when he was younger that he had the uniform, and he took a test, and past it so well that if was real he would the running the enterprise.
                        June Mann
                         Milo, ME
4/30/2010 2:28:57 PM
Nathan United States
Nathan
It is for sure Star Wars.  there is no contest.  In fact star wars made such an impact on the entertainment world in history that there is actually an exhibt in the smithsonian.  can you say that about star trek?  me and my friend went to see the opening of the second movie dressed as jedi, we even practiced a lightsaber dual to perform in front of the theater for everyone. and my wife teases me all the time because i am a 28 year old and i still buy star wars toys, mainly action figures.  Sorry kelli but there is no contest.  Yoda is the master!
4/30/2010 9:32:13 PM
Jolene United States
Jolene
May the 4th Be With You!! I love both, but since I have to pick I'd go with Star Wars!! I've always been partial to 4, 5 and 6, but having all 6 together just makes the story complete. Plus it's pretty cool to share my birthday with something straight from the movies, (and Chris Tomlin!) Happy Birthday to me!!!
4/30/2010 11:12:58 PM
Zane Greywolf United States
Zane Greywolf
Star Trek is based moremupon science and technology than is Star Wars.  However, with that said, a much better movie than either of these two has to be Spaceballs, albeit, it has some words and scenes that are not appropriate.
5/2/2010 3:46:58 AM
Noah United States
Noah
I like both movie's but I really like star wars. I am usually on Kelly's side but not this time.
5/2/2010 3:48:00 AM
Noah United States
Noah
and Star Trek does not make any sense
6/5/2010 4:38:15 AM
zach United States
zach
star wars all the way who can not like R2-D2 or Chewie
7/25/2010 8:32:20 PM
amanda United States
amanda
Star wars all the way!!!