May 05 2010

Would you buy a burger-scented candle?!

White Castle has come out with a "burger-scented" candle that promises to waft the fragrance of burgers and onions throughout your home. WHAT?! Who would WANT that?! Would you buy it? What food would you want your home to smell like?

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (30) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

4/28/2010 8:26:26 PM
Tim United States
Tim
Although I do enjoy the greatness of White Castle hamburgers on occaision and the wonderful aroma of steamed beef and onions that escapes from the bag, I'm really thinking that I would not enjoy my home smelling like that on a daily basis! LOL
4/28/2010 8:42:56 PM
Samantha United States
Samantha
Y'all were just talking about food scented candles and the thought of Cinnabon cinnamon roll scented candles was mentioned. I actually have one that I bought at WalMart. (I bought that one for my husband.) My weakness is the banana nut bread scented ones and the hot apple pie scented ones. lol.
4/28/2010 8:49:14 PM
Cari Skifstad United States
Cari Skifstad
I do not think I would want to get the burger scented candle. Talk about being hungry all time. I would like the scent of dill pickles. They are my favorite food and I just love the smell of it! I could have my fill just by smelling!
4/28/2010 9:00:59 PM
Erica Nagel United States
Erica Nagel
No way would I buy a burger scented candle.. I already have a problem with wanting to eat all the time. haha. Thankfully I like to exercise! Burger-scented candle. That's just crazy.. Although. We have apples/apple pie, cherries, and cinnamon rolls (which is a pretty darn good one!) so maybe it will sell. Smile
4/28/2010 9:04:12 PM
Patty United States
Patty
My husband would love a White Castle scented candle since he eats "greasy burgers" or "sliders" any time he is in Ohio or anywhere else they have them. Luckily we don't have any White Castles in Omaha! I agree with Kelli that would be disgusting.
4/28/2010 9:07:29 PM
John Kidney United States
John Kidney
NO, I am trying to lose weight.
4/28/2010 9:30:28 PM
Kenny J. United States
Kenny J.
i would want it to smell like mexican food, oh yea!!!!
4/28/2010 9:36:54 PM
Kelley United States
Kelley
I would not buy the candle.  I have only been to White Castle once on a road trip to see Chris Tomlin in concert.  We ate the burgers in the car so we could get home sooner and the car smelled like onions for a week!  We finally had to keep "Febreezing" the car until the odor went away.  Good thing for Chris we ate the burgers AFTER the concert!!!  LOL  Most of the candles in my home are apple, cinnamon or coffee scented.  Nice smells! Smile
4/28/2010 9:52:43 PM
Jackie United States
Jackie
eeeuuuu yuch!
4/28/2010 10:04:53 PM
Ileana Mccue United States
Ileana Mccue
Absolutely NOT! I just can't see my house smelling like food all day long. You know, some people tent to eat even if they are not hungry at the smell of food and my husband is a great example. I ask "you want some of what I'm cooking" he says "no", when i sit to eat he wants some because the smell of it made him hungry even if he wasn't before. Its so true though. You smell you want. Overeating is not healthy especially today with obesity becoming a problem, that's why health insurances are more expensive and have more restrictions. Too much medical care needed today. Places like China are becoming obese because fast food restaurants moved over as well. They used to not have fast food restaurants available. EITHER WAY I WOULDN'T LIKE MY HOUSE SMELLING LIKE FOOD. MORE OF THE BEACH SMELLS AND CLEAN LINEN OR FLOWERS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD NOT FOOD. I'M TRYING TO SPRAY MY HOUSE AFTER COOKING. ITS TORTURE FOR YOUR POOR DOG IF YOU HAVE ONE. THE POOR DOG WILL BE SEARCHING FOR THE FOOD ALL OVER THE PLACE : )
4/28/2010 10:36:58 PM
Amy United States
Amy
I would never buy a burger scented candle because that is just wrong to have your house smell like that.  A house is supposed to smell like something nice like apples or cinammon, but not burgers.
4/29/2010 4:12:20 AM
Tim Dorland United States
Tim Dorland
I think a burger and onion scented candle would be fun!! the thing would be to invite your friends over for dinner and tell them you were having steak off of the grill and then 30 minutes before they were to show up light the candle and then they would think you changed your mind and were having burgers. When it was time to sit down to eat, WA LA steak!!! that would be funny!!ha lol seriously I would rather have something like fresh baked apple pie.
4/29/2010 5:18:29 AM
penelope sotelo United States
penelope sotelo
i would not buy it.  i would want my home (which thank God, we were able to buy in february) to smell like vanilla bean or something creamy and sweet.  a canle that smells like a burger is only going to want to make me go out to the nearest burger place (the closest one to us mc d's)  put on another 10 pounds and then i'll have t walk an extra 20 minutes for a week!  another thing... has anyone noticed that onions smell like b.o.?  if you want that in your house...good luck. i'll stick to my sweet pea and warm vanilla.
4/29/2010 5:37:18 AM
Pam Cullen United States
Pam Cullen
No way would I ever buy a hamburger scented candle!  ICK!  Aside from the fact I RARELY eat hamburger - I can drive by "In - n - Out" for the smell for free!  Ok - I know it's meant to be in the home -but no thank you.  I do enjoy Yankee Candle Co. Buttercream candle when I crave a slice of cake...it takes care of the crave calorie free!
4/29/2010 5:41:57 AM
Leandra United States
Leandra
That is definitely a candle for men! lol
4/29/2010 8:02:58 AM
Sandra United States
Sandra
No--I don't think having a candle burning in my house all the time that smells like burger's and onions would create the ambiance I want for my home--give me warm cinnamon apple, or sweet french vanilla "yummylicious"Smile) That by the way is my own word and it's probably not spelled correctlySmile)
4/29/2010 6:49:09 PM
Becca United States
Becca
EEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
4/29/2010 7:45:32 PM
Chloe United States
Chloe
Maybe my dad would want it, but my pregenant mom would not!!!! She herd about it on the radio, and said YUCK!
4/29/2010 8:26:26 PM
Rebekah United States
Rebekah
Yuck!  That sounds like a gross candle!  Our family HATES burgers, so that's probably the last scent we would want to have at our house!
4/29/2010 8:53:38 PM
Sydney Q. United States
Sydney Q.
I wouldn't buy it!! It would make me hungry. I would like a buttered popcorn candle, one of my favorite smells!
4/30/2010 7:32:59 AM
Pat S. United States
Pat S.
Kelly & Scott I accidently pulled you up on my MP3 Player about a month ago.  You see I'm from the Old School so I really don't know how these things work so I just left the station on K-Love.  I just love you guys he Praise and Worship is so awsome.  I listen to you while I ride the bus home every day.  I'm one of your older listners and I just love the music, I do sing in my Church choir and we sing awsome Gospel and todays music.  I heardd you guys talking about moms yesterday and I thank God for my mom being the oldest of eight.  I saw my mom go through hell when we were young with physical abuse from my blood father.  TRhe beating that she took even while she was pregnant sometimes.  My mom lives in Philly and is now married to an awsome man and wants for pretty much nothing.  God has made up for the horribel childhood we had. I myself really don't celebrate Mothers day much because my oldest son died right before that day in 1991. Both my boys were murdered in Philly. God has kept me and Ilove Him with all my heart.  God bless you and keep up the awsome work in the Lord.  Thank  you and I love you. I live in Denver Colorado.
4/30/2010 10:41:40 PM
Margo United States
Margo
One of the many funny, unique ways my Mother got her point across was when she had my sister and I drink milk from a saucer like a cat. She was soooooo tired of us tearing at each other. Her intent was if you are going act like a cat, then so be it. At least in front of her we did not attack each other.
5/1/2010 7:48:04 PM
:( United States
Yuck!! thats disgusting! haha
5/2/2010 4:01:54 PM
Elizabeth United States
Elizabeth
All i have to say is GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would NEVER buy that!! You guys are AWESOME!!!
~Elizabeth!
5/2/2010 4:12:10 PM
Carolyn United States
Carolyn
No thanks.  One of my favorite smells is fresh baked chocolate chip cookies - that would make a good scented candle.
5/6/2010 5:07:55 PM
GodsGirl United States
GodsGirl
uh... no thanks. I like the vanilla and cinnamon ones but not the burger scented. It would make me hungry every time i breathed in! LOL and it's just plain disgusting. (i dont know if i spelled the right)
5/6/2010 11:45:53 PM
Rebecca United States
Rebecca
Burger scented? Eww. Especially if it smelled like a gnasty-greasy-onion-burger that you get a white castle. And if you like white castle, I would think the candle would make you hungry. (or if you're like me it would probably make you nauseous.) They'd be better off basing the flavor off of their chocolate shakes.
5/31/2010 3:29:39 PM
Madison United States
Madison
Ewwww!!!!!!!! Whoever invinted that must not have a very good nose or really, really loves burgers. I just know my sister would love it and I would upchuck every time I smell it. Cow meat and onions in a candle don't mix in my house.
8/18/2010 5:26:20 AM
Jo Beth United States
Jo Beth
Ha ha! I think I would give it as a gag gift
8/31/2010 9:14:54 AM