May 11 2010

How would you spice up an everyday task?

We just learned about the "Happy Cow Car Wash," which is featured on the news page, where washing your car turns into a laser light show! What task would you like to improve with technology? How would you do it? Share your ideas here!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (17) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

5/2/2010 3:25:50 AM
josh guilford United States
josh guilford
I wish they would make a toilet that would clean itself!!!
5/2/2010 3:27:59 AM
Sarah United States
Sarah
A vacuum to suck up my dog's droppings and dispose it in a plastic bag
5/2/2010 3:28:05 AM
Stacy United States
Stacy
I have 3 boys, and each has their own style of white socks, so I can figgure out who belongs to what.  One has tube socks, one has "no-show" ankle socks, and one has crew socks....it's been a time-saver, especially when they are sorting the laundry!
5/2/2010 3:29:56 AM
Bernadette United States
Bernadette
I think somebody needs to come up what a Dust Free house.  I really don't like that job!!!  How does all that stuff get in your house anyway with all the windows and doors shut anyway!!!  : - )   MMMMMMMMMM.
5/2/2010 3:32:45 AM
Kay Doubrava United States
Kay Doubrava
My son starts college this fall.  Even though he is going to our local university he will be living in the dorms.  He can't sort socks either so he came up with a solution to the problem.  He is going to buy 12 pairs of identical white socks and 6 pairs of identical black dress socks.  This way he doesn't have to sort them.  He has figured out a way to get around his problem.
5/2/2010 3:44:14 AM
kristin United States
kristin
I would own a teliporter that could take me anyware in the world in a matter of minuets so i dont have to worry about planes or cars
5/2/2010 8:47:31 AM
gena United States
gena
The chore that i hate worse than anything else is making decisions. I am about to have to make several life changing ones and I truly wish I had someone or something to make them for me. All I have been able to do the past few days is stay glued to my radio with klove. Thank you for being there.
5/2/2010 8:50:01 AM
LaDonna United States
LaDonna
By the time my boys were 2 they did the sock sorting.  They would lay them all over the floor and play matching games.  And like Stacy, my boys had different styles of socks.  My older son always had solid white socks, my younger (who often had a cloud of dust around him like PigPen from Charlie Brown) had solid gray socks.  My husband had socks with a stripe or logo on them.  When the older son when to college, the younger one, a sophomore in high school, said,"Mom, can I have white socks now?"
5/2/2010 10:25:09 AM
Kelly United States
Kelly
I go to college, and instead of having a bunch of textbooks, it would be nice if I could have a large kindle and get all my books that way instead of spending $300-500 a semester.  Maybe a disc reader and a bunch of dvds or something.  The science/math books are often heavy as well.
Surely the dvd's would be cheaper than a big fat book, right?
5/3/2010 2:49:36 AM
Rebekah United States
Rebekah
I just listen to KLOVE and that keeps me on task.
5/3/2010 12:30:53 PM
Tamara Cutright United States
Tamara Cutright
Hi Scott & Kelli, I am so thankful to have my Lord & Savior Jesus, My church Family, K LOVE & my favorite band Tenth Avenue North. Thank you for praying for my husband who has been on his 2nd deployment,(this time Afghanistan), & myself & our 8 children. He is back in the states safe, Everyone in the unit all safe,"Praise the Lord". If you go to wenatcheeworld.com you will see a article called "Soldiers Surprise" about his homecoming. I just had the best Mother's Day Ever. Thank You Scott & Kelli & K Love for helping me get through the last 13 months, God is Good. Blessings to you all at K Love
5/3/2010 7:19:08 PM
Brittany United States
Brittany
I would have to say carpet clean for me, i have a german sherpard, and when we take him out all day he dont use the rest room he waits till we get home.... lol
5/3/2010 7:20:26 PM
Brandi Churnetski United States
Brandi Churnetski
Finding meaning in the everyday, mundane tasks... praying as you wipe a baby's bottom, singing praise as you do dishes, memorizing Scripture as you wash your hands because the verses are beside your bathroom mirror... doing all things as unto God because He sees and He knows. There are no small tasks when done with great love for Christ.
Career-wife and Homeschooling -mother of 5 ; ages 8 to 1 yrs old.
5/3/2010 7:21:55 PM
Cherie House United States
Cherie House
they should design a fun laundry mat so that while you are waiting for your laundry to wash or dry you had something fun to do.
5/3/2010 7:33:46 PM
Susan United States
Susan
In response to sorting socks, my HUSBAND taught me to safety-pin my socks together as soon as you take them off. After washing, they are still together.  Saves a lot of time and frustration!
5/3/2010 7:50:28 PM
Adriana Balandran United States
Adriana Balandran
TOILETS!!!!!!

I hate cleaning them but, I also hate dirty toilets.
5/3/2010 8:08:50 PM
Monica United States
Monica
I work at a very busy McDonald's in Ohio and I have to make the burritos and parfaits among other things.  I make on average 180-200 breakfast burritos and about 70 fruit and yogurt parfaits everyday, these two tasks alone take about 2 hours to do.  So time consuming!  If there were a conveyor belt to turn everything to me so I wouldn't have to take a million mini steps to put the toppings on! At least I have a job, I guess. ;)