Welcome Matt Brouwer!
May 13 2010

Welcome Matt Brouwer!

We are excited to welcome Matt Brouwer as our guest today! His songs "Sometimes" and "I Shall Believe" are some of our favorites. Any comments for Matt today?

Click the links below to listen to the interview with Matt Brouwer.

Matt Brouwer talks about growing up on a farm, his calling & sings "Sometimes" live

Matt talks about meeting Chris Tomlin in Houston & about his mission trip to Guatemala

Matt talks about the differences between the US and Canada

Matt talks about Tim Hortons

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (16) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

5/6/2010 12:34:37 PM
FAITH SISTERS IN CHRIST United States
FAITH SISTERS IN CHRIST
Hey I am a 13 year old girl named destiny faith and I love you as a brother in Christ!
5/6/2010 1:03:41 PM
Courtney United States
Courtney
I really have been blessed by "I Shall Believe"  Thank you so much for such great music and honest lyrics.  God has really used it!  PS Congrats on the engagement... Do you need a wedding photographer?  Smile
5/6/2010 1:07:28 PM
Missionary Kid 4 Life Canada
Missionary Kid 4 Life
Hey Matt I Live in New Brunswick and I thinck it is cool that there is a famous CHRISTIAN artist from Atlantic Canada!!!!!!!!!
5/6/2010 6:37:16 PM
Shelby Tomes United States
Shelby Tomes
Hello!  I heard you talking about Tim Horton's Coffee.  Love it, love it, love it!!!  Thought I would let you know that there is a Tim Horton's Coffee Shop in Hurricane, West Virginia.  It is brand new and I was told that it was built about a year ago.  Funny how it happens to end up in a small community!!
5/6/2010 6:37:43 PM
Missionary Kid 4 Life Canada
Missionary Kid 4 Life
I'm here listing to you talk to Matt and him explaining stuff about Canada... I CANT BELIVE YOU HOVE NEVER HAD A TIM HORTON DOUGHNUT!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have had at leased 50!!
5/6/2010 6:40:51 PM
Melissa from BC Canada
Melissa from BC
Hi,

I saw you a long time ago in Kelowna at Willow Park, probably 6-8 years ago maybe more. Pretty sweet to see how far you have come by God's grace. May you blessed in your ministry! Thanks for your music.
5/6/2010 6:43:34 PM
Barbara United States
Barbara
Love it!!!  Sounds good...keep it up!
God Bless your musical journey.
5/6/2010 6:46:04 PM
Kay Bedwell United States
Kay Bedwell
Thank you, Matt for sharing not only our faith but also about our country!!  I have lived in Montana for a long time now with my husband and kids but still consider myself a Canadian.  I loved the conversation about Tim Hortons and the other tidbits about Canada.  So many Americans still don't know much about our country.  May God Bless and Keep you always.  Kay
5/6/2010 6:46:15 PM
Adena United States
Adena
Hey Matt,
Maybe your sister died so that christ could get to you, and work a number in your life. Your music is an inspiration to my life. Thank you for letting christ work in your life, and expressing his love in your music.
God Bless!
5/6/2010 7:11:04 PM
FAITH SISTERS IN CHRIST United States
FAITH SISTERS IN CHRIST
This song goes out to all you... thanks Matt and Hannah I love you as brothers and sisters in Jesus
5/6/2010 7:19:39 PM
Pat United States
Pat
Dear Matt,I love your song "Sometimes" as it speaks to me of uncertainty in life, but certainty in salvation.  Just listened to you sing "what would it take" too.  Cried all the way home as I heard you speak about how events impact our lives. Our family just lost one of our dearest friends, a world class surfer and videographer named Noel Robinson, to a surfing accident in Puerto Escondido, Mexico. He was just 40 years old. Noel lived out love every day of his life and will be missed by thousands. The news story of his death on Surfline.com had over 75,000 hits a few days ago.  He kept his faith pretty private, but I know he believed in God.  He lived more of Christ's love every day than most Christians I know, and I Pastor a Christian Church. My kids will miss their "bro" and my grandkids "Uncle Noel".  We will miss our "son."  A one page letter for him called "What is grace?" was posted anonymously at most of his favorite haunts. Many have been deeply moved by it.  Since your music moves me, I would love to share the letter with you.  Is it possible to email it to you there.  God bless, in His Love and Grace.  Pat
5/6/2010 7:29:10 PM
Pat United States
Pat
(For Noel Robinson)
What is Grace?
Grace is dropping in on a wave three times your height, riding smoothly down the liquid slope, being thrust out of a churning barrel, pulling out at that last possible second, gliding gently over the crest, then diving … with the poise of an Olympian… to the safety of the back side.  Wow, that is grace.  I’ve watched your grace, with awe, envy and with fear.
Grace is quietly teaching and encouraging young and old to be the best they can be.  It is training them on the water, on the land, in life, and in love……then relishing their success.
Grace is an infectious laugh, a helping hand, wealth in friendships, a corny joke, a good example, a brotherhood …grace is truth and love….grace is action, not simply a word.
Grace is looking with a discerning eye for “just the right shot” through the lens of your life, with only one thought…… to make someone else look good, then give them the credit.
Grace is gazing peacefully from the bluff out over an azure sea just as the golden sun sets the heavens ablaze, then privately thanking the Creator, that none of us can see or fully understand, for the “blessings” we have every day.
Grace is living every day as if it might be your last.  It is frequent phone calls to loved ones, it is loving letters of gratitude, asking forgiveness of those you have hurt, and never holding a grudge.  Grace keeps no record of past wrongs, and looks only to the hope of a better day.
Grace is realizing, when people need our love and forgiveness the most, it is likely when they deserve it the least.  Grace is acting according to their needs and not your own.
Grace is loving people, of all ages, of all colors, of all religions and backgrounds, with all their hang ups and flaws, and not standing in judgment of anyone…. but yourself.
Grace is being in a foreign land in the midst of death and disaster, or in a stormy sea of danger, and instead of looking for a way out…..looking for a way to help out.
Grace is a gift divinely imparted that none of us deserve and none of us can earn.  Grace is part of a greater plan…when even the saddest news… works for our collective good.
Grace is thousands of lives touched, laughing, crying, celebrating, mourning, holding hands and embracing, held tightly by one common thread...the love in our hearts… love for you.
I have treated grace with indifference at times.  I have neglected to say I am sorry, thank you, I love you, or I appreciate you, to people who need to hear me say these things...people like you.  But, when you died, I turned my heart to God and cried out for grace….for you,               for me, for family, for friends ... and then, maybe for the first time in my life...I understood.   I was reminded of His grace, and how much you’ve grown through hardship.  I imagined you on a surfboard charging a huge wave, and…. I understood.  Grace is love in motion.
5/6/2010 7:39:50 PM
Diane United States
Diane
KELLI!!!!!!!

I'm happy to hear Matt's been so blessed & is engaged to be married!!  I was listening to KLove on the way home from work when you had him play that "dentisty" song lol.

On that note I have a wedding song to suggest for Matt & his bride.  It's a beautiful song by Don Francisco, titled: I Could Never Promise You(on just my strength alone...).  He's also a CCM songer/songwriter but you probably only know Don's music from his older song called: He's Alive(from Peter's perspective after Jesus' resurrection).

It's sooooo beautiful!! And the message, timeless as wedding song music comes Smile
Congrats to Matt!!
-Diane
5/7/2010 2:14:59 AM
Claire United States
Claire
I like your song "Sometimes"! Nice!
5/13/2010 1:51:45 AM
hallstar Canada
hallstar
Matt,
You rock.
5/23/2010 11:50:07 AM
debbie United States
debbie
Matt, I was really interested, when in your your interview on K-Love you mentioned being in Guatemala.  My daughter in leading mission trips to Guatemala, specifically to Quetzeltenago ( hope I spelled this right) to help an orphanage there.  They are really struggling even to feed these kids(62). She is working with CGI(Center for Global Involvement and Indian Creek Christian Church, Indianapolis,IN to not just give a hand out, but a hand up by developing ways to make them self supporting and self sustaining.  So far plans are in the works for a bakery, raising chickens and rabbits , a workshop with tool/supplies for repairs, and trying to start a library.  At present they exit day to day and fall far short of their needs being met.  All of this as you can see is long term and on going work.  What I wanted to ask you about is books- do you have any leads on where or what books were purchsed for the school you helped to build? Any help you can give us would be greatly appreciated.  She is just in the beginning stages on all of this, including raising money for all these plans. She very much loves the Lord, and I do too! The Lord has paced this on her heart and mine.  I am planning to go in October with her ans part of the team.  We are trusting the Lord in all of this.  I really hope to hear from you, because the Lord hasn't let me stop thinking about contacting you since I heard your interview.  We are trusting the Lord to lead, we are following     In His Service, Devvie