May 17 2010

Has someone made a difference for you today?

It's Make a Difference Monday! Tell us how someone made a difference for you today! What did you get to do for someone else? Share your story!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (24) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

5/5/2010 9:30:46 PM
Kori Fagen United States
Kori Fagen
I have been listening to KLOVE for about 2 or 3 months, and I just wanted to comment on any earlier topic you were talking about. You were talking about women not wearing makeup. i was kinda shocked that you were saying that women should wear it because God wants you to look beautiful. I don't believe that, because if God thought you needed makeup he would have created you with it. He made all of us in his image! God did not put makeup on flowers, he made them beautiful1!! God Created us in his own image. I was a little upset that you were kinda saying that women need to wear makeup because they are ugly. which is not the case, women are beautiful just the way God made us. I just wanted to share my comment.
5/5/2010 9:43:06 PM
Erin Smith United States
Erin Smith
Hi! My name is Erin am 11 years old and I live Pennsylvania, so for today's Make a Difference Monday my mom and I went to the store to pick up some groceries for my friend and her family because her mom got surgery a couple of day ago and her day broke his ankle yesterday afternoon. It would have been hard for either of her parents to get their groceries so we got them then took them to their house for them. HAve a HAppy Make a Difference Monday!!! Smile
5/5/2010 9:47:40 PM
Joyce United States
Joyce
Last weekend was Mother's Day, of course.  My husband died of a totally unexpected heart attack two months ago today, at the age of 52.  I had successfully mowed my back yard but had yet to tackle the front yard because the grass is incredibly thick; my husband kept up the yard beautifully!  So last Saturday I was planning to attack the front yard.  After grocery shopping first thing in the a.m., I happened to notice grass clippings in the back yard.  I went to check out the front yard and sure enough, someone had anonymously mowed and edged my front and back yard! On Friday my empty trash cans had been brought to the back of my house, which I thought was so nice in itself;I just had not noticed how nice and trim the grass looked until Saturday morning!  What an incredible Mother's Day gift for my daughters and me, as their mama takes on additional roles.  Our God is so sweet and has used so many people to be his "angels" in our lives!
5/5/2010 9:52:01 PM
Jóel Rósinkrans Kristjánsson Iceland
Jóel Rósinkrans Kristjánsson
I was working today at my gas station and a good friend of mine got by and bought some coffee early in the morning about 8.30 am. We attend the same church so we know each other very well.

We had a great talk and he just maid my day. The first thing he remind me of was the victory in JESUS. We have to remind us that we've already won the battle. JESUS gave us the victory to take with us in every circumstances.

The Crises here in Iceland are also very bad like in other countries. You can see it on people, they argue about everything and they are just angry. Angry at the government.

I'm so glad to have Jesus. He gave me the victory so I could live another day with that in mind. When my friend, that made a really difference to me today, told me about the victory that we have today, I was encouraged.

This is my story today, We have already won the battle. Jesus has already beaten death. Amen!

5/5/2010 9:57:28 PM
Kim United States
Kim
My family and I moved from The Dalles, OR 3 yrs ago.  A year after moving from The Dalles we moved back.  We had my husbands brothers help us pack up two 26ft u-haul trucks and drive 3 hrs to The Dalles.  We rolled into town late one night with the u-haul trucks, exhausted and hungry and 3 kids to care for.  The next morning feeling a bit rested but not looking forward to the daunting task of unloading two u-haul trucks.  Within minutes after arriving to our rental house our church's men's Sunday school group (6-8 men) showed up at the house we were moving into.  In a mater of 20/30 min the men had all of our household items unloaded from one u-haul truck and furniture placed in each of the rooms.  Some of the men were even assembling our beds.  All I could do was sit and cry, I was so exhausted and thankful for their generosity.  My family and I have NEVER felt so loved by our church family as we did on that day, we will never forget it!
5/5/2010 10:13:24 PM
Shelly United States
Shelly
Last September I became sick and had to go to the ER.  I had a pain in my side whenever I would breathe.  I had my husband take me to the ER because I was 14 weeks pregnant and didn't want to take any chances.  I was falsely diagnosed with a cold and sent home.  After being sick at home for the next few days I went back to the ER and was diagnosed with a pneumonia.  Not fun.  I was admitted right away and spent the next 4 days in the hospital.  The second day I was there I had a miscarriage.  I was so sad and upset.  I was finally released and went home and couldn't do ANYTHING for over a month.  Every other day someone brought me and my family a meal.  I called a friend to see if I could pay her to clean my house.  She wouldn't take the money.  Then, to my surprise when she was almost done cleaning, I heard someone start the loan mower.  Her husband was cutting my 1/2 acre!  I fell to my knees in prayer and tears.  That was really cool!  I knew right then and there that God was going to take care of us.
5/5/2010 10:20:12 PM
Jayson Lopez United States
Jayson Lopez
the only thing that i can make a diffence is share the love of JESUS through my stations that i made from slacker radio,on facebook and in my community.
5/5/2010 10:22:23 PM
Sarah Caldwell United States
Sarah Caldwell
Recently I was given the pleasure of taking over the teen girls Sunday school class in my church, not many girls come consistently except Ashley, she's 15 yrs old doesn't have many friends and the ones she does have are not Christian, her parents are not Christian and do not attend church.  So Ashley as you can imagine is a very lost little girl, so I've kinda adopted her she goes everywhere with me tells me everything, I've become very attached to her and care very much for her.  Then there's Mckenzie the "popular" girl, cute, has tons of friends can act kinda snobby and spoiled at times, well during church yesterday during praise and worship Ashley broke down and cried (she does this often), well God spoke to Mckenzie and she walked over to Ashley and hugged her then they exchanged phone numbers and Mckenzie invited Ashely to go play volley ball with her and some of her friends...that just made Ashley's day!
5/5/2010 10:29:11 PM
Tammy Yelen United States
Tammy Yelen
My make a difference monday story is what was done for me..I have had ultrasounds and a recent cat scan done for a few cysts on my ovary..which I will be needing surgery to remove them as well as the ovary in the next few weeks..We have not recieved the results from the cat scan yet and that will determine as to whether or not these could be cancerous...i have been a wreck and my Dr. informed me that she feels very confident that they are not cancer and I should be fine..that did lift a huge weight off my shoulders..but only the cat scan will tell the story...but she did calm my fears..and now I am relying on God and the dr's, my husband and kids as well as family to see this through no matter how bad this could be...I am worried...but Dr. Amy Farrell of Bardstown KY made my Monday a little easier. As well as my youngest little boy whos smile makes me forget all this worry...and gives me a reason to go on and FIGHT!!
5/6/2010 3:39:38 AM
Becca United States
Becca
Last week I found $20 and knew it wasn't mine to keep and since I couldn't give it back I was looking for someone who needed it.
I prayed and today at work a young guy came into my gas station and had only $3.75 for gas. I told him I had been praying for a way to make a difference and I had this extra $20 to give him for gas.
He went on to tell me he had just started a new job almost 2 hours away. He lost his social security card and came out here to get a new one and still had to back across town to give it to his new job. He only had some change and didn't now how he was going to make it, and it wasn't even his car.
It really is more of a blessing to give than receive! It made a difference in my life just as much as it did in his life!
5/6/2010 3:47:53 AM
Colleen United States
Colleen
Hi, I am in 5th grade, and The first thing that made a dirrerence today is you guys, You all make me laugh and make my day an awesome day!!!!!! Another thing is today was a day that my teacher was really buisy and when I said what can i do for you? and she got this big smile on her face and Said Thank you so much! Then she showed me what I could do. I really think that made her day! I think I can do a lot for her this last week of school! P.S. Please pray for this summer and everybody ending school soon! Smile

~Colleen
5/6/2010 3:51:50 AM
kim Villemarette United States
kim Villemarette
I had been feeling very down today; frustrated with my health.. Went to the doctor again (seems like the 4000th time) just to hear "I'm not sure what is wrong" sorry!!..So I went to Walmart and the lady checking me out didn't say a word the whole time..then she looked me and said " are you having a good day"...I of course said "oh yes"..she said are you sure? I said well I just got back from the dr.. she said oh...what is your name I will pray for you..I told her and thanked her and left. Then in the parking lot..a woman approached me and aaked if she could talk to me...she told me that her mom was a nutritionist and may be able to help me....I just feel like no matter where you God is there making sure that you know that HE is with you...Thank you Somal (if you happen to read this) for just taking the time to tell someone that you will Pray for them, and to encourage me that I will be ok!
5/6/2010 4:14:58 AM
Alicia United States
Alicia
Today is make a difference Monday, I have never really participated in this before but today I did. When I walked into my third period English class everyone noticed our teacher was not doing good. She told us she didn't want to talk about it because it would make her cry. During class she was on the verge of tears the whole time. At the end of class my friend and I went up and asked if we could pray for her. She said we could, we layd our hands on her and began praying for her. She began crying and sincerely thanked us. I know that we made a difference in her life and I know that I have also grown my faith just a little bit today. Thank you for being on air, I absolutely love listening to k-love.

Alicia
5/6/2010 4:17:24 AM
Haley Haskew United States
Haley Haskew
I'm 14 years old and my parents have been divorced since I was 3. I always have a big heart for other people with divorced parents. One friend I don't know very well just found out her parents were divorcing. I got her number and sent her a text of encouragment. I just told her I would do absolutely anything for her and that she is never alone, because I am here for her and so is God. I told her to stay strong and eventually everything would be okay. Today at school she found me and gave me a huge hug thanking me for the encouragment. She told me she cried when she read it and that it was just what she needed to hear. I always try to reach out to people, especially to people who carry the same burden I do. How encouraging is it to know that anyone can make a difference?
5/6/2010 4:48:49 AM
Jessica Casto United States
Jessica Casto
i have met this 17 year old at the time was going through a rough time going through depression and i knew that God had sent him my way cause now i have ministered to him about Christ and we have become really good friends
5/6/2010 5:05:03 AM
Jennifer United States
Jennifer
My husband recently passed away and eventually I couldnt afford to live where I was.  I called a dear friend of mine to ask if she would help me pack to move somewhere cheaper.  After asking several questions she said, "Why dont you just move in with me!"  Well, its been a couple months and her& her son have been such a blessing.  They have made such a difference in my life and I thank God for "family" like them everyday.
5/6/2010 5:43:37 AM
Tori United States
Tori
I am an Architecture student at The Ohio State University, where we put in LOTS of hours during the day. I love it, though; not only what I'm doing in the studio, but what I can listen to while I'm here. I listen to KLove all day. It's a constant reminder that God is above all else, and there's never a time we're apart from Him. KLove, you are my "make a difference" everyday. Thanks for obeying Him.
5/6/2010 5:57:26 AM
Laura Klick United States
Laura Klick
someone made a difference for me today becaus my friend Tess and kristen and Diane and others because i loved them becuase they hold us toghter all the time in their amzing life to me all the time that i loved them too much becuase god made us to be a good friendship to them in mt difference today thet hold us toghter because i payed for them and they prayed for me all the tiem
5/6/2010 5:57:55 AM
amanda jones United States
amanda jones
today I ate lunch with this kid from my youth group that ive only talked to once and that was last wednesday. And after we finished he actually hung out with me instead of like leaving or something. it was cool because I'm normally alone at lunch or breaks so that made my day better.
5/6/2010 5:58:34 AM
Mary Miller United States
Mary Miller
Hello K-love, I took two capsules of Oregano Leaf and 2 capsules of  Proboitic Eleven that gentleman gave me these two bottles from the Herbs health store today and my allergy is gone. Then tom. I will buy the Maca root he said for the energy and you can buy them at the Good Earth store. It gives you a lot of energy. This is so good.
5/6/2010 6:19:00 AM
Mallory Hrehor United States
Mallory Hrehor
i am 14 and i have three little sisters. they are 12, 10, and 6. well last last saturday (the saturday before mothers day) my little sister (the one who was six) fell and broke her arm. it turned out that she had to have surgery the next morning (mothers day) so my parents went to the hospital to be with her and i was alone with my three other sisters. all we had to do was sit around and think about sophie (my sister who got hurt). i called up our new youth pastor and asked her if she could drive us to church (we had only known her a short while because we were new at the church and had only been there for 2 or 3 months). not only did she drive us to church, but she paid for us to go to the mothers day tea that the church was holding. it really made our day!Smile

(and my little sister is running around and playing in her purple cast so i think she is ok Smile)
5/6/2010 12:05:10 PM
Sarah United States
Sarah
kelli, YOU MADE MY MONDAY BETTER! just hearing the music that you play here and the encouraging words and stuff make my day sooooo much better! I am 16 and have been having a really rough time lately and today was espeshally bad but when I got home I turned on klove and now I feel a bunch better just cause of you and klove!
5/8/2010 7:50:51 PM
Stephanie Venn United States
Stephanie Venn
I was listening to your radio show today and wanted to comment on the lady who wants to get back to church. Scott said it is usually us, ourselves that get in the way, so true. Sometimes we feel that people will look down on us for not going to church for so long, or we just have something  that's more important. Well, something that I heard once made such an impact on my life that I need to share it with you. When you have kids and you're up all night, weather it's because they are sick or teething whatever the reason you know the feeling of being tired and pure exhaustion. In the morning when that child wakes up and raises their arms to you, there is no better feeling. And there is nothing in the world that will make you not pick up that child and hold them. That's the way God feels about you! Whatever the reason you left the church, no matter what you feel that you don't deserve, God can't wait to pick you up and just hold you! I will be praying that you make church tonight and well forever, because God can't wait to see you raise your arms up just to be held! May God keep you wanting Him,
9/10/2010 6:44:43 PM
Barbara United States
Barbara
I work at a Sonic Cafe in Little Rock, Arkansas.  I was super sad when I had to turn off KLOVE to go into work but as I started to juice some limes, what comes on SonicFM? "Your Love is a Song"!  Then later as I was checking on a costumer, I saw a man (who spilled his drink Frown ) reading his Bible! I told him he made my day.  Then just to put icing on the cake, I got sung "Mary Had a Little Lamb" in the drive thru line by an a adorable little girl!  God made my work day an awesome one!