Dec 31 2013

Making s'mores with a Hair Dryer

We had some Friday fun today in the studio, making s'mores with a hair dryer! Happy New Years everyone!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (0) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
Dec 19 2013

Michael W Smith

It was an honor to visit with Michael W Smith today. If you missed the interview, we've got it for you here.

Part 1 - Life with Michael W Smith

Part 2 - Christmas at the Smith house

Part 3 - We love Michael's heart for ministry

Part 4 - Michael shares about Billy Graham and the song Friends

Dec 18 2013

The Guys from Phillips Craig & Dean

Today we got to talk and laugh with the guys from Phillips Craig & Dean! In case you missed it; we've got it here:

Kids Games!!!
May 19 2010

Kids Games!!!

There are now leagues forming where adults are bringing back the games that you played as a kid.

What games would you like to see make a comeback from your childhood???

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (41) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

5/10/2010 4:36:51 PM
Charlene Kint United States
Charlene Kint
you be careful saying that Frezbee golf  -really called Disc Golf- is not a sport. It is a HUGE deal here in my area of California. There are Disc Golf places all over, Petaluma, Ukiah, Sonoma.
5/10/2010 4:37:20 PM
Pheng United States
Pheng
There is this place in Sacramento, called "Sky High", its a combination of Dodgeball on a huge tramopline. Really fun, jumping while playing dodgeball.
5/10/2010 4:38:08 PM
Jennifer Sims United States
Jennifer Sims
Tether Ball
5/10/2010 4:38:32 PM
Tim O'Hearn United States
Tim O'Hearn
My youngest son is fond of saying "any game where you can score more points a game than you can win games in a season is no real sport. He says that primarily about basketball (and I agree with him), but it would also apply to football. Of course, he is a fan of hockey and baseball, the only real sports.

On the other hand, we used to play some pretty cut-throat croquet.
5/10/2010 4:42:29 PM
Caren United States
Caren
KIDS GAMES

FOR THOSE ARMY BRATS OF US STATIONED IN KARLSRUHLE GERMANY 1975-77 WE'D LIKE TO BRING BACK "MONKEY BARS BERLIN WALL"...IT CAN ONLY BE PLAYED AT KNIGHT....WITH FLASHLIGHTS...GENDER FRIENDLY.  CALL FOR DETAILS  (520) 290-8582
5/10/2010 4:43:44 PM
Caren Jean United States
Caren Jean
snow angel contests...
5/10/2010 4:45:12 PM
Jason United States
Jason
Cro-golf!!! I just turned 18, I had to chime in anyway. Cro-golf was taught to me by a neighbor, and I adapted it. It involves a standard croquet set and 18 wickets.

The trick is to set up the wickets in a more random manner, with various obstacles, like a golf or mini-golf course. You can play using either croquet or golf scoring. A hit at all our parties!

Two excellent obstacles to get you started: 1) Put one of the wickets sideways on a slope. A real challenge to get through! 2) Make a ramp out of a board or old shelf, without any rails on the sides, and put the wicket at the top.

P.S. I LOVE KICKBALL, Scott! It is NOT just for girls. Tong
5/10/2010 4:45:23 PM
Pheng United States
Pheng
there is this place called "sky high", its a combo of dodgeball while on trampoline. Really fun
5/10/2010 4:45:53 PM
Tiresa United States
Tiresa
4 squares.
5/10/2010 4:45:56 PM
Caitlin Miller United States
Caitlin Miller
I like playing Dodgeball in gym. only because, i am able to dodge the balls. plus no one aims at me! i usually get out because. i throw it or someone happens to be right in front of me with a ball...
5/10/2010 4:46:21 PM
Jennifer Sims United States
Jennifer Sims
Sorry didn't know if you got the first time, I would love to see tether ball come back.  -Jennifer
5/10/2010 4:46:38 PM
Ginger Worden United States
Ginger Worden
I enjoyed kick ball, but my favorite childhood game was crab soccer!  Down on all fours, but face up, kicking that red rubber ball toward the goal.  Good times!
5/10/2010 4:46:45 PM
Tiresa United States
Tiresa
I loved playing 4 squares.
5/10/2010 4:47:16 PM
Jenni Hebert United States
Jenni Hebert
Frisbee golf is a sport! We call it disc golf and I play all the time. Their website is www.pdga.com.
5/10/2010 4:49:39 PM
Raymond United States
Raymond
I'm only 14 and i love dodgeball, me and my friends play all the time. I even play with my sisters but they only play with stuffed animals so they dont get hurt.
5/10/2010 4:54:17 PM
Ryan Dollinger United States
Ryan Dollinger
Tether ball!
5/10/2010 4:58:25 PM
Lissa Davis United States
Lissa Davis
Tetherball for sure.
5/10/2010 4:58:25 PM
melissa United States
melissa
so i loved to play doge ball. my freshmen year the boys in my co ed PE class deflated the ball from throwing them so hard. the best part they could not hit anyone. one time they did hit a girl in the face. she was ok but after that the boys could only throw left-handed. we did play hockey and i got hit in the back of the legs with a poll. it left a bruise but most of the boys had some to. we were very rough when it came down to hockey. i would call it tackle hockey.
5/10/2010 5:15:30 PM
Evan United States
Evan
Kick the Can!  Playing at night adds a whole new level of interest.  Capture the Flag is fun, too.
5/10/2010 5:21:13 PM
Julie United States
Julie
Four-square!!!
5/10/2010 5:28:26 PM
Danae Bingaman United States
Danae Bingaman
Ok, ok, I may be 12 years old but I have 2 things to say. # 1. It's about that parent thing. Well, i have some advice for those first time parents. It's that don't do something that will make your kid hate you forever. I was sexualy abused at the age of 8, my dad is now in jail for doing that to me and i may never see him again. I hate him fot that.# 2. It's about that kickball and Dodgeball stuff. I agree with Scott. I like Dodgeball better than kickball.Smile Mostly because I'm the Invisible Girl. I'll yell and move to the front and say "try to hit me!" and still no one tries to hit me. Well, then again, i am an expert dodger. It's rare for anyone to hit me. Smile
By the way, I'll be listening (K-LOVE is the only station I listen to now. I've also memorized ALL the songs that you play. I realy like the female singers) and I would like this to go on air.
5/10/2010 5:28:58 PM
Theo Romano United States
Theo Romano
i would like to see red rover red rover come back for the kids  how u play 1 line on each side.  u lock arms and call someone from the other side and they have to run and try to break ur chain. it was fun
5/10/2010 5:29:07 PM
Becky Hinrichs United States
Becky Hinrichs
I love 4 square. I remember playing it at Cathlic school and always losing. But now that I am an elementary school teacher I can play with my students and actually have a chance.
5/10/2010 5:32:56 PM
kimberly United States
kimberly
Pickleball and Horse
5/10/2010 5:39:38 PM
Brandy United States
Brandy
Four Square
5/10/2010 5:54:36 PM
Sarah Kennell United States
Sarah Kennell
U made a disgusting sound when someone mentioned square dance. Maybe elementary school ruined it for you, but as an adult I took up square dancing & it is a blast. It is also clean fun as there is no alcohol allowed, so dont't put it down until u have tried the real square dance.
5/10/2010 5:56:04 PM
Jennie Klotz United States
Jennie Klotz
Personally even though I am a kid (16 years to be exact) I would love for wall ball to come back or jump rope. We had Community Day at our school today and played these and I have never had more fun in my entire life. And I'm a sophomore in high school. Love you guys at KLOVE and pray for me and every student taking finals these 2 weeks. Thanks and God bless you Scott and Kelli!!! Smile
5/10/2010 6:34:27 PM
Jasmine United States
Jasmine
jump rope needs to come back to teenagers' lives!!!
5/10/2010 11:44:52 PM
elizabeth shimmons United States
elizabeth shimmons
hi Scott and Kelly i am 13 years old and i am sooooooo blessed that God is in my home and i need your guys prayers because my friend is saying stuff about me at school and spreading roomers about me and i think she needs Gods help right now so please prey for her.

Thank You!!!
5/10/2010 11:50:53 PM
Chris Plumley United States
Chris Plumley
One game I loved as a kid, still play while working with our youth group, and would love to play now as an adult is capture-the-flag! Talk about a game you can play with almost any group large or small - and no beaners!! (gotta admit I am a beaner though - heh heh)
5/11/2010 10:07:28 AM
Irasema Claunan United States
Irasema Claunan
I would love to see kick ball come back. Here in Alaska, our summers days are pretty and long, so a lot of people play till the sun goes down, which is for only 2 hours during summer.
We have softball, soccer, kick ball leagues, and even DISC GOLF. Which is really big here in Ak. Did I mention they are all grown up playing these games. Anything to help us enjoy theses 3 months of beautiful sunny days here in Anchorage.
5/11/2010 10:49:46 AM
Rebekah United States
Rebekah
Tether ball and hand ball.  Those were a lot of fun to play.  I don't see hand ball courts on playgrounds anymore.
5/11/2010 9:30:45 PM
Rosie United States
Rosie
I would like to see telephone come back because its fun with 100 people...my family and I listened to you guys when we were in Texas.  Thanks for good music!
5/11/2010 11:16:01 PM
Becca Hastings Nebraska United States
Becca Hastings Nebraska
4 square
5/11/2010 11:18:02 PM
Becca Hastings Nebraska United States
Becca Hastings Nebraska
kickball for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:o %)
5/12/2010 10:19:21 AM
CEYLEY United States
CEYLEY
i think they need to bring back GIJoes for real
5/13/2010 7:21:25 PM
Claire United States
Claire
4-square
5/17/2010 8:32:33 PM
Courtney Dunkin United States
Courtney Dunkin
I would like to see "jacks" make a come back. The hand and eye coordination, actually doing something. Also marbles, marble shooting for the boys. These are great rainy day session games for the kids. Hop scotch too, another one for balance.
8/24/2010 2:31:26 PM
Vincent United States
Vincent
I would definitely suggest 4 squares. Played that game a lot back in elementary school!

Hope this help.