May 21 2010

What Comfort Food Do you REALLY Miss???

What comfort foods do REALLY miss that you can't find where you live??? I spoke with a friend who delivers Blue Bell Ice Cream, and I can't get that here in California, that is so sad!!!... If you have moved, what comfort do you miss???
Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (20) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

5/18/2010 6:52:56 AM
Martha United States
Martha
CHICKEN LITTLES FROM KFC!!!  MY DAD USED TO BUY THEM FOR ME WHEN I WAS IN ELEMENTARY EVERY DAY AFTER SCHOOL.  I'M 26 NOW.  THEY CAME BACK FOR ABOUT A MONTH ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO AND THEN DISAPPEARED AGAIN....
5/18/2010 6:52:58 AM
Jennifer Mewes United States
Jennifer Mewes
I moved from Kansas City to Denver about 2 years ago and the one thing that I REALLY miss is Sheridan's Frozen Custard.  Every time I get to KC, I just have to stop.  What I really miss are the 'Puppy Cones'.  They are cones just the right size for dogs (and yes, frozen custard is safe for dogs, unlike ice cream).  Every time I would come home with a cup from Sheridan's, my little furkids would sit up and beg for their cones!  I think they miss it as much as I do!
5/18/2010 6:53:26 AM
Bobby Bernshausen United States
Bobby Bernshausen
I'm originally from Brenham... home of Blue Bell! You can order it online directly from them at www.bluebell.com/country_store/how_to_order.html
5/18/2010 6:56:04 AM
DENISE United States
DENISE
I was listening to your show and heard that you're missing Blue Bell Ice Cream.  Guess what!!! They serve it at Outback Steakhouse!!! I just saw it on their menu.  It's only vanilla, but it's served a couple of different ways and sounds like it would be absolutely divine!
5/18/2010 6:58:44 AM
MELANIE United States
MELANIE
CASPERS HOT DOGS AND REDS TAMALES. IF YOU KNOW OF WAY I CAN HAVE THEM SHIPPED TO ME IT WOULD BE MUCH APPRICIATED THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS.
5/18/2010 6:59:28 AM
MELANIE United States
MELANIE
5/18/2010 6:59:38 AM
Kelly Dooley United States
Kelly Dooley
I moved from Chicago-land to Arizona 3 years ago.  There are SO MANY things that I miss from IL that I can't get here.  Even if I buy a similar product, it just does NOT taste the same.  Examples: El Milagro tortillas, Affy Tapples and Vienna Beef Hot Dogs.  But what I miss most are cheese fries from Portillos Hot Dog stands.  And that's not something I can have someone mail to me.

Will you please mention the web site that offers the comfort food delivery again?
5/18/2010 7:01:53 AM
Casey United States
Casey
I am moving from Sf in August, and I know that I will miss Its Its, my new addiction.
Ps- to the guy who just called, I know where to find Kindereggs in Chicago...!
5/18/2010 7:01:56 AM
April United States
April
Chik-fil-A, I only get it when I visit family in AR
5/18/2010 7:07:29 AM
Tammy Derryberry United States
Tammy Derryberry
It is so funny that you are talking about this because all of my friends have heard me say that I won't retire anywhere that doesn't have sweet tea or Chick-Fil-A.  The sad part is that I am totally serious!  I don't think I could live outside of the South - biscuits, cornbread and hushpuppies and fresh veggies seasoned with bacon drippings - I was 30 years old before I realized it was a "Southern thing".  I can put up with the oppressive heat and humidity as long as I've got some sort of bread to sop up some kind of gravy!  Smile
5/18/2010 7:10:57 AM
Amber United States
Amber
I am a wife of a soldier and we have been stationed in El Paso, Tx for almost 6 years now.  The Mexican food is great! However, being raised down in Florida, I would LOVE to get a hold of some boiled peanuts or fried chicken gizzards!
5/18/2010 7:13:01 AM
Katie V. United States
Katie V.
the food my mom and i really miss is the Wendy's Tropicana Orange Smoothie. we haven't moved but the Wendy's near us got rid of them.Frown
5/18/2010 7:20:43 AM
Katie United States
Katie
I'm originally from St. Louis, MO. I miss...
Imo's Pizza, Qdoba, and Toasted Ravioli
5/18/2010 7:23:22 AM
cami United States
cami
I don't know if you would call them comfort foods but there are foods I miss that I guess they just stopped making.  Campbells used to have a canned soup (not condensed) that was chicken and noodle with mushrooms, it was always something I could eat when I didn't feel good or just when I didn't want leftovers.  I miss that stuff, I can still taste it!
I also loved CW POST cereal!
5/18/2010 8:01:40 AM
JESSICA United States
JESSICA
My grand mothers potato rolls...she would make them every holiday now that she is gone they are gone as well. She left her recipe but no one can master them. Just writing about it is making my mouth water Smile
5/19/2010 12:19:11 PM
melissa United States
melissa
a good california borito is never found in east texas
5/21/2010 7:59:08 PM
Claire United States
Claire
I miss Swans! They really do have some great things!
3/29/2011 4:17:06 PM
Mara Hissom United States
Mara Hissom
There's nothing a bowl of pinto beans and corn bread can't cure. I'm a college student and people laugh when I say it's my favorite food from home.
3/29/2011 5:41:51 PM
Lisa United States
Lisa
I love all flavors of Tillamook ice cream (especially the Chocolate-Peanut Butter chunk, Yummy!) and will need to retire in an area where the grocery stores sale it.
3/30/2011 3:25:29 PM
Darlene Bethem United States
Darlene Bethem
What was the number one comfort food that Ericand his family had to eat?