Jan 27 2012

Praying Every Stitch

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (12) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
Jan 26 2012

You say...God says....

Some days you just need to know what God has to say....

Share this with your friends on our Facebook Page.

Is eating out cheaper than cooking? msnbc

My best man was a perect match!  Groom's friend donates life-saving kidney to bride. Daily Mail

Gabrielle Giffords resigns from the House in emotional farewell. The Washington Post

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (3) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
Jan 25 2012

Smelling Freedom

Vote for the Bird of Prey Doritos commercial (www.vote4bop.com)

Will women give Axe fragrance the ax? TODAY

American hostage in Somalia rescued by US Navy SEALs in overnight raid. msnbc

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Girl Scout Cookies Nutrition Facts. Huffington Post

Facebook Timeline Roll Out: Everything You Need to Know. Mashable.com

Got an unusual love story?
Jun 01 2010

Got an unusual love story?

I just heard a crazy love story about a couple who met within minutes of being born--their moms actually shared a hospital room! Years later, they are getting married! Do you have an unusual love story? How did you meet your love?
Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (57) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

5/24/2010 12:07:09 PM
calli maggi United States
calli maggi
this is actually the story of my how my mom and dad met, my mom grew up in Florida her whole life and my dad is from alaska. when my mom was 18 her and her sister and some friends went to a local mall, my dad was in the military and was stationed here for training. him and a bunch of military buddies were hanging out at the mall waiting for the bars to open when my mom walked by them, my dad was sitting next to a fountain with crutches because he had recently broken his foot. when he saw her he instantly yelled "I'd die for you!!" they had never met before or anything but after that he skipped out on the bar and went to the movies with her, they will be celebrating 21 years this October and he is now a middle school youth pastor. this story is such an inspiration to me showing that everyone has that one person that God has sent to them, and how truly amazing God is.

- Calli age:19
5/24/2010 12:12:44 PM
Kerri Canada
Kerri
Over 20 years ago I met my husband and at the time we dated and got engaged, but my family felt at 19 I was too young to consider getting married and my fiance at the time and I went our separate ways and lead completely different lives and married other people.  We both ended up divorcing our spouses and were both doing on-line dating.  A friend of my husband suggested he try a certain site which happened to be the site my profile was on and when he did a search my profile came up.  He registered on that site for one month just to send me an email to me to see how I was doing.  Well we went out for coffee and the rest is history. We married in April 2008 and now have 2 daughters together along with our kids from our first marriages.  Its not very often that you get a second chance at true love. After my divorce I had prayed to God and asked him to bring the love of my life back into my life and guess what...
5/24/2010 12:13:39 PM
Seasongs United States
Seasongs
My husband and I fell in love when he came for a 2-day visit...but ended up staying 9 days...because he got the measles while he was visiting!  The college did not want him back until he was over it.  He had been involved in an outdoor children's ministry prior, and must have caught the bug then.  So, even though it was quite uncomfortable for him, we thank the Lord for the measles.  Happily married 35 years this year.  Smile
5/24/2010 12:17:57 PM
Debi United States
Debi
My husband and I first met at church when his family moved to our town when he was in 5th grade.  We liked each other a bit, but I moved away when I was 15.  We didn't see each other for 7 years.  At that time,I was home after just graduating from college, and he was home on leave from the military.  My mom told him I was in town; he came to church to see me Sunday night, and 11 days later we got married!  We just celebrated 22 wonderful years of marriage.
5/24/2010 12:20:55 PM
Sarah Lee United States
Sarah Lee
I met my husband driving down HWY 85. He was merging onto the HWY and pulled up next to me. We were impressed with one another and exchanged phone numbers by yelling through the car windows while driving 60 MPH. He called that evening we hung out for a few weeks and then it fizzled. One year almost to the day later I was working at an Arby's and he came in for lunch. We exchanged numbers again and dated for 3 years. My husband wrote me a poem describing how we met and gave it to me when he proposed and we put it on the back of our wedding invitation, that was 6 years ago. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband to share my life with! Thank you God!!
5/24/2010 12:23:07 PM
Heather United States
Heather
This is more of a young love story -- my first "boyfriend" at the age of 11 (I think at that point holding hands meant you were boyfriend/girlfriend!) and I were born on the same day. It turns out that our mom's met in the hospital on our day of birth! After middle school we grew apart, but then he asked me to Junior prom! We have since grown apart again, but I still see his mom at church when I go home to visit my parents... Smile
5/24/2010 12:23:24 PM
Karly United States
Karly
His grandma set us up on a blind date! I had been teaching a water aerobics class in college for 2 years with 20 elderly ladies. All the little ladies would try to tell me about their great grandsons, but one lady was very perisitant. After 2 years about telling me about this "mystery grandson", she perceeded to give him my number. He called, we met for coffee, & the rest is history! We will be celebrating our 2 year wedding anniversary this weekend! (Thank you Maw Maw Betty!)
5/24/2010 12:24:06 PM
Ashley Wright United States
Ashley Wright
My husband and I actually met at a DRUG AND ALCOHOL REHAB!

We had both been living in California, and met at a (CHRISTIAN) drug and alcohol rehab program in Silver Springs, NV in 2005! We both were healed, transformed and made whole at that program! He was 18, I was 16 - now we each have almost 5 years clean and sober and SERVING GOD!!!

We had both left the program and not kept in touch (forbidden to talk to each other in the program!) We met at a revival meeting back in CA almost 2 years later! We lived 2 hours away from each other, me in Sacramento area, him in Modesto area, he would drive there twice a week to see me, a two hour drive each way! We would talk on the phone for at least 3 hours EVERY SINGLE DAY - while both working full time, going to school, volunteering, going to NA meetings and church!

We dated for about 1 year before he proposed, we knew we were made for each other and that God had brought us together!

We married in Sept. 2008 Smile

NICE GUYS DO NOT FINISH LAST!!!   Laughing

Blessings!

Ashley Wright (Turlock, CA)
girlservinggod@hotmail.com
5/24/2010 12:24:20 PM
Cheryl James United States
Cheryl James
My husband Randy and I met when I was 7 and he was 8. We had a crush on each other all through school. Our friends used to try and get us to kiss each other but when you're that age, kissing was gross. We went to different schools and didn't see each other often but I always liked him but he was so hyper that I couldn't stand to be around him too long. He drove me nuts. When I was 22 I had broke up with my long time boyfriend and my husband finally got up the courage to ask me out and we've been inseperable ever since. We've been together 20 years, married almost 19 and have a son who will be 18 in October. We are truely soulmates. We went through a very rough period of time when he was addicted to cocaine and heroin. This July 4th he will celebrate 10 years of sobriety. He introduced me to the Lord and for that I am forever greatful. He is the head of the household and takes that role very seriously. I don't know what we would do without him.
5/24/2010 12:24:41 PM
Viv Hunter United States
Viv Hunter
Nearly 30 years ago as a secretary, I called for service on the copier at the business I worked for.  The service tech and I had an almost instant connection.  Thirty years later he still tells everyone that we met when he was servicing my reproductive equipment.  It's quite a conversation starter!
5/24/2010 12:25:52 PM
Nathan Benson United States
Nathan Benson
My wife and I are nuclear power plant operators in the US NAVY.  We were in the same graduating week in boot camp, but in different divisions.  The guys who are in charge of us during boot camp gather everyone from all the graduating divisions of the same occupation together on one of the barracks quarterdecks(entry way to a building).  The first thing I noticed about my wife was her red hair, which was absolutely beautiful.  I first met/talked to my wife in the Chicago, IL airport on our way to A school in the navy.  I still remember what we had to eat, she had a big breakfast platter with a medium OJ and i had a steak egg and cheese omelet from MCDs. We became great friends right away and we got married 8 months later and will be happily married for 4 years this august, which she will be continuing the deployment that she is currently on and will not return until the end of the year.
5/24/2010 12:29:14 PM
Rebecca Robledo United States
Rebecca Robledo
Mine isn't as crazy as the above story, however it's our story.

One evening after a band concert when I was in 7th grade, my mom ran into a former school mate from when she was in high school. They got to talking and reminiscing as they were very good friends in high school and just lost touch with one another.

My mom asked her if she also had a child playing in the band there. Her friend said "yes", here he is. This is my son, Michael. My mother then introduced me.... See More

It turned out that although we had never talked to one another, we shared the same friends and even sat at the same table at lunch almost every day. After that, we began talking a bit more, but never more than just very small talk.

Almost a year and a half later, after realized that we'd be going to different high schools, we decided to take things one step further. On June 1, 1980 we went on our first date. We met at a McDonald's (with his 5 year old brother in tow) and had lunch. That summer, we talked on the phone every day (since we really weren't allowed to date) and just got to know one another better.

Eight years later (after breaking up and getting back together) we got married. This year we will celebrate our 22nd wedding anniversary in October.
5/24/2010 5:30:34 PM
John S United States
John S
My wife and I met in Switzerland at the European Baptist Convention in 1991 while I was stationed in Germany.  She was on summer break from college and visiting her parents who were also stationed in Germany.  We never dated but called and wrote everyday for three months before marrying.  We will celebrate our 19th anniversary this year and have two wonderful teenage daughters.
5/24/2010 5:30:45 PM
Carol United States
Carol
"Second chance love"  I returned to my hometown after a difficult divorce and wanted to stay close to God, So I returned to my home church.  After a few months I noticed a Nice looking guy who seem to always be by himself. SOO followed this guy around our church for a year, no knowing who he was, but thinking he was "cute".. sitting behind him in Sunday school, smiling at him in the hall way, watching him from across the isle during the message,  then one day i heard his name and I thought I recognized it. So i grabbed an old church directory and found his picture!! He was the long haired guy that drove the Sunday School bus 15 years ago and we had even shared another Sunday school class!! I ran up to him the next Sunday and stared jabbering as he just smiled.. I ended with ">>so do you remember me?? and his response.. nope.. and off he went.
UGH>> So i was disappointed. BUT the next Sunday, he came over and sat by me!! I soon found out that he still drove the Sunday school bus and that is why he took off so quick after I ran up to him.  NOW after, dating for 3 1/2 years, and married for 5 years, we are still happily running after each other, with Gods blessing us with a "second chance at love"
5/24/2010 5:31:45 PM
Alex Hemans United States
Alex Hemans
We were both on the team of student leaders that headed up a ministry event in our city; we traded numbers for the sake of convenience while we were working.
It only took me 4 weeks to fall in love with him. We built our relationship around Him and God blessed it.
"A cord of 3 strands is not easily broken." Ecc 4:12 Smile
5/24/2010 5:32:40 PM
Dean Moe United States
Dean Moe
At Elma Elementary School the 6th grade band class went to a 4th grade class to show them some musical instruments.  Jenifer was a 10 yr old in that class and I was in the band class.  When Jenifer went home that afternoon she told her mom that she had met the man she would marry.  I dated Jenifer in high school and we have now been married for over 25 yrs and have 9 children.  Parents: pay attention to what your kids tell you when they come home from school!!!
5/24/2010 5:36:15 PM
Melody Miller United States
Melody Miller
My husband and I met when we were 16 years old. He was calling his Dad and misdialed the number and got me. After realizing he had the wrong number he hung up, called his Dad, and then kept redialing until he got my number again. That was in 1981 we were married two years later and have been together ever since, 26 years.
5/24/2010 5:37:19 PM
Crystal Coronado United States
Crystal Coronado
My family and my Husbands family have lived on the same street for more than 40 years. All of our aunts and uncles went to elementry and High School together and his dad and one of my uncles were ever best friends and My best friend for more than 22 years is my husbands cousin.Not in a million years would we have thought that our two families would be united by Marriage. We have been married over a year now and still look at each other and laugh on how great GOD is!!!
5/24/2010 5:38:16 PM
Trina and Kent Bruce United States
Trina and Kent Bruce
At age 12, I rode my bicycle over to his house after watching him play summer baseball. I introduced myself and he, being 12yrs old also, really seemed uninterested! We attended different elementary schools so I did not see him again. Our senior year, he spotted me cheering at a basketball game.  He remembered me and it turned out that the humiliating event 5 yrs earlier, was the perfect icebreaker. We began dating. That was 29 years ago. Kent and I been happily married for 22.
5/24/2010 5:38:23 PM
Amanda United States
Amanda
My hubby, Juan, and I met when he was walking in front of our house on his way to the park across the street. He's from Mexico, didn't know English, and at that time, no one in our family knew hardly any Spanish! He started working with my dad trimming trees, we became friends, even though I was head over heels in love with him from the very start. FINALLY, almost a year after we met, he asked me to be his "novia". Now novia can mean three things in English: girlfriend, fiancee, or bride... but when he asked me that, I forgot about the first two and thought he asked me to marry him. I said yes,(of course!) and we were engaged for three years before we got married in Mexico. By that time, I knew Spanish quite well, and asked him 3 months after we were wed: "When you asked me to be your novia, was it to marry you or to just be your girlfriend?" Juan:"That day was to just be my girlfriend, and later when I gave you your ring was when we got engaged." Me: "ohhhh". Juan: "Why?" Me: "wellllll, I thought that's when you asked me to marry you!" So, um, yeah.... I thought we were engaged for 6 months when we actually weren't! Now the funny thing was, us "gringos" were thinking that's how those crazy Mexicans handled relationships, and he was thinking the same thing about us crazy gringos! Now we've been happily married for 11 years, and enjoy telling that story to our 10 year old son!
5/24/2010 5:38:57 PM
Stephanie United States
Stephanie
My grandparents have an unusual love story.  Grandpa had talked a young lady into a date only by promising to get a date for a friend of hers.  The boys went together to first pick up Grandpa's date and then to pick up her friend.  Midway through the evening, Grandpa asked his friend to switch girls.  The "friend" is now my Grandmother.  when Grandpa went home to be with the Lord in 2006, they were only three months short of what would have been their 72nd wedding anniversary.
5/24/2010 5:39:02 PM
Ida United States
Ida
Met on a school bus when we were in 8th grade.  He called me a cruel name. I moved to another school and when we were Jrs in HIghSchool my church youth group was going on an outing to a skating rink.  When I drove up I jumped into the car with my girlfriends but first noticed some hunk in the car with a guy friend of mine. I asked who that good looking guy was and when my friend told me his name, I said,"Oh, that conceited snob?" and that was the last thought of him.  When we arrived at the Rink the guys came over to us and started talking.  I was nice but kinda snobed him.  When we started skating he kept skating around me getting my attention.  The floor was cleared so couples could skate.  My girlfried and I came up to the rail were the guys were and somebody else who was not with our group asked if I wanted to skate.  I said" sorry but I think we're going to skate together" and with that took that conceited snobs hand. From that point on (even traded seats on the way home to be together)we have been holding hands together for 38 years. Married 37
5/24/2010 5:40:11 PM
Melissa United States
Melissa
My husband and I met on a blind date.  My girlfriend was dating a friend of his.  She thought we would be good together.  I finally agreed to go to a party where he was.  We hadn't even been introduced when we just found our way to each other.  We spent the whole night talking.  That was 15 years ago.  At the wedding, we actually gave out blindfolds.  Smile  We have been happily married for the last 10 years. I still to this day thank God that he was brought into my life.
5/24/2010 5:48:06 PM
Cathy United States
Cathy
My husband "proposed" for the first time when he was only about 5 years old.  Our parents were friends, but my family was about to move to another state.  He didn't want me to leave, so his solution was to marry me.  We saw each other occasionally over the years when my family would visit, and one summer we went to a movie while I was visiting and something "clicked".  The next year my family moved back to Texas, we began dating and 5 years later we got married.  We will be celebrating our 20th anniversary later this year.
5/24/2010 5:49:34 PM
Stephanie United States
Stephanie
My grandparents have an unusual love story.  Grandpa had asked a young lady for a date, but she insisted that he get a date for her friend.  He and a friend picked up Grandpa's date and then went to the home of her friend to get her.  Midway through the evening, Grandpa asked his buddy to switch girls.  The "friend" is now my Grandma.  When he went home to be with Jesus in 2006, they were only 3 months short of their 72rd wedding anniversary.  Three kids, 10 grandkids, 8 great-grandkids, and 6 (I think) great-great-grandkids have grown up watching the greatest example of married love we could hope for.
5/24/2010 5:54:47 PM
Tammie United States
Tammie
My parents met while camping when he was 16 and she was 13.  They corresponded and secretly dated (a farmers son wasn't good enough-according to grams who was coincidentally a farmers daughter!!!) They eloped 4 years later.  My dad swears that the Columbus Day Storm that hit the Pacific NW in 1962 was really caused by my Grandmother - as that is the day they told my moms parents they were married (my dads mom already knew).  They were married for 45 years when Jesus took her home in 2007.  We miss her terribly and he is getting better at not crying every time he sees her picture or when she comes up in conversation.... Their love and commitment is what showed me, my siblings and many other people what a true marriage is.  I did not make it through this without crying... Miss u momma.
5/24/2010 5:54:53 PM
Norma Vela United States
Norma Vela
I've often wondered how cI'mmon it is for someone to marry a person born the same day, same yr, same hospital, dame room...

On Sunday, 9-21-69 my mother couldn't make it to church because she went into labor. My husband's mom made it to church but went to the hospital shortly afterward. They had been friends and neighbors on the King Ranch.

When my husband was born, his mom joked with mine about trading since she'd wanted a girl.

I can't recall how long I've known my husband since I've always remembered him from church. In high school I had a boyfriend who was jealous of Fidencio because I had a crush on him.   We were in the church choir together.  Fidencio stopped giving me guitar lessons due to thar jealousy. We didn't talk for a while because of that. One day , fidencio showed-up at my house because he felt something was wrong... oddly, that day was the first time my heart was broken. Fidencio stayed and helped lift my spirits. He asked me out to a movie, but when I mentioned it to my Mom, she told me to not go if I wasn't certain of my relationship because he was a nice boy from a nice family. I decided not to go out with him and we didn't talk for another while. The next te we talked we realized we were going different paths since I was going to move away to college 4 hrs away. We led different lives and didn't talk except once in 8 yrs. I moved back to care fort mom when I ran into himagain. He asked me to help him with singing at church. The rest is history...

Born 9/21/69, married 9/21/96... wasn't planned that way but all the same numbers. We have 3 Boys. I believe Godade us for eachother!

5/24/2010 5:57:49 PM
Kristy Hollingshead United States
Kristy Hollingshead
Lee and I met in High school. I was a sophomore and he a Senior; I was a cheerleader, he a football player. When he called me and asked me out I said yes, but there was no way I was going to go out with him...he just wasn't my type! So I wasn't home that night. 2 Years later he called me again only this time I went out with him. He was unlike any other guy I had dated and I was immediatly smitten! While we dated he worked for a janitorial service and happened to clean my mom's office. She used to leave him candy on her desk. We were married 1 year later almost to the day of our first date and just a few months before our wedding I accepted the Lord. God has blessed our union with 10 children 5 boys and 5 girls and this year May 6th we celebrated 26 years of a wonderful marriage. Just goes to show we really don't always know what IS good for us! :o) Also...God know's the plans he has for us...not we ourselves! And his plans are most certainly for our good!
5/24/2010 6:03:30 PM
gina escondido,Ca United States
gina escondido,Ca
well my husband tells me that i was about 12 years old when he first saw me outside playing with my dolls the years went by and one day we were in church  i was already 17 yearsold when this guy comes up to me tells me his name and asks me if i would like to sing with him and from there on we dated for one year  and 21years and 7 kids later were still singing for god.
5/24/2010 6:19:37 PM
Kristy United States
Kristy
My husband and I have know each all our lives my mom and his mom were best friends. we dated all though high school we got married at 16 and it's been 9 years he is still my best friend.  we broke up for alway and almost drovice but it's by God's Grace we are still togather!  God is so good!!

God always knows what he is doing, our first date was at the movies too and it clicked for us and well the rest and they said that it is.
5/24/2010 6:28:33 PM
Debbie Welch United States
 Debbie Welch
My little sister Michele and her husband were born on the same day,same year, in the same hospital. They were cribe mates and ment to be from the time they were born. They have been married for 20 something years. the hospial closed since then. They had a thing about them in the hospital paper. They have 3 beautiful children and doing well. I think this is a sweet love story made in heaven.
In His Love , Debbie Welch
5/24/2010 6:36:30 PM
Linda Feuerborn United States
Linda Feuerborn
Kelli-
The high school band director lived two houses down from my family.  As a little girl I rode up and down the sidewalk on my trike all the time.  I saw all sorts of kids sitting waiting for their moms to pick them up from their music lesson.  I never really paid much attention to any of them, unless it was someone my family knew.  Well in 1984, we got a new member to our custodial staff at the Catholic school where I was the band director.  He and I talked a bit while he did some work on my office, and found we knew some of the same people.  In the process of talking to him and getting to know him, I found out that I had gone to college with his brother, and I had been teaching with his sister.  Then I learned that he had been in band in high school, and that he had taken lessons with the band director down the street.  I told him that I had grown up two houses from there.  As time passed, I got to see his senior picture, and suddenly I recognized him as one of the students who sat waiting for their mom.  I asked if he remembered a little toe-head riding her and he interjected green trike.  We have now been married for nearly 24 years.  We have five of his children, one of mine and three of our's ranging in age from 45 down to 19.  The last four...just like mom and dad, are very very talented musicians.
5/24/2010 6:38:06 PM
Jamie United States
Jamie
Well it may not seem so extraordinary to others but my husband and I met and dated in high school. I was 15 and he was 17. we were at a dance and I went up to him and asked him to dance. This lead to several more dances and working through some trials together. Erick went away for the summer and I moved to another school and we both went on with life. Erick and I both married different people and had families of our own. I ended up a single parent for ten years and Erick was a widower when we re-met. Erick saw me at one of our daughters concerts (they went to the same school) and he tracked me down online and on the 13th of June we will have been married for 6 months. It is amazing how God has his own time for things and how we were each able to grow over time to be what God intended us to be for eachother now. We live together with our 7 daughters and life is amazing. I love my husband, he is my best friend.
5/24/2010 6:45:29 PM
Deirdre Cooper United States
Deirdre Cooper
My husband and I were married a month after being reconnected on FaceBook!  We knew each other in high school in Dallas OR, because I was one of his sister's 4 best friends.  He was my brother's age (a year younger than me).  30+ years later, he sent me a friend request on FaceBook, and we started speaking on the phone the same day I accepted his invitation, despite the distance between us (me in California and him in Salem, OR).  We spoke every day for several hours by chatting online, webcamming, texting or speaking on the phone.  My previous husband had passed away 1-1/2 years ago, and my new husband had been divorced for a couple of years after being married for about 27 years.  I definitely wasn't looking to remarry at my age (we're in our early 50s), let alone leave a wonderful job and church family to move from my home in sunny Southern California back to Oregon, but the Lord had something different in mind.

We both firmly believe that He planted the magnificent and committed love we have for each other in our respective hearts, so we were married a month after we first started communicating.  He came to California to see me, asked me to marry him, and we were married three days later by a justice of the peace before he had to go back home.  He came back down to California almost a month later so we could have a celebration ceremony to share the vows we had written to each other with our friends and family.  We're now living in Salem and loving every minute we have together!  We are each other's love of our lifetime, and we cherish the gift God has given us by putting us together.  Our goal is to glorify Him and do His kingdom work together in one way or another!
5/24/2010 6:50:02 PM
Kristi R. United States
Kristi R.
My mom used to babysit my now husband, and his older brother before I was ever born. The earliest memory I have of him was when I was 4 yrs old sitting in church in front of him and he was 8, and I thought I could impress him by blowing big bubbles with my gum!! Hahaha!!! From that moment on I always had a crush on him but our family moved and lost touch with his family, and to make a long story short.....we met again at the very same church when I was 15 and he was 19 and were married 3 and half yrs later and have been madly in love for 14 yrs! We now serve as Worship Leaders in our church. God is Good!!!!
5/24/2010 6:57:53 PM
Lacy United States
Lacy
I'm not married, but I definitely have an unusual and completely amazing love story. I met my boyfriend in Cambodia.

Everything about Juan and I seems to have happened because of God's perfect timing and planning.  I hadn't applied to go on a mission to Cambodia, I applied to go teach english though a Christian organization in Morocco. However last summer I ended up in Phnom Penh.  As a Marine Security Guard at the US Embassy Juan was supposed to be at his third post in Europe, but was stuck in Cambodia when I got there.  My team and I weren't supposed to be able to get tickets to the US Embassy 4th of July party in Phnom Penh, but we did. That's when I met Juan. Juan and I discovered we had a lot in common, for example we were both from Texas. Juan was supposed to be home on leave in Texas in October.  He ended up back in the states in November, just in time to take me to the Marine Ball on our first real date.

I don't know what's going to happen for us.  So far we've had dates in Asia, written enough emails and letters to fill a book, had some pretty expensive phone bills and spent a brief week together in eastern Europe where he's currently stationed.

We come from slightly different religious backgrounds, but he openly accepted a gift of a Bible from me when I visited him in Prague.  We talk about our prayers and our faith.  And even if we don't end up together like all the other love stories here, I know the story of Juan and I happened for some God-planned reason.  I'm having a lot of fun seeing what God has in store for the two of us.
5/24/2010 7:01:58 PM
Rachel United States
Rachel
It was the summer between my junior and senior year in high school.  I was meeting my best friend at the county fair after work one night.  I found her and her boyfriend, his brother and his girlfriend, and Corey.  The boyfriend and girlfriend were living with Corey the time.  Never met him before....we all decided that we were going to ride some of the rides, when we were standing in line my best friend said "well Corey has no one to ride with", I then said "I'll ride with him". A week later we started dating and a year later we were married.  We are going to clelbrate 12 years of marriage this August.
5/24/2010 7:11:26 PM
Deb Brooner United States
Deb Brooner
My love story is somewhat uniuqe!  To begin with, my husband and I first met 2 different places.  He says we met at high school, in the band room, but I know we first met at church, standing in the doorway leading into the sanctuary.  For our first date he took me to the zoo, where, at the time, ages 14 and under were free- so since I was 14 I was a cheap date.  Several weeks later he took me aside and told me a story about a frog and a toad, how they lived on different sides of the track.  That was his way of breaking up with me!  But in spite of that he still kept in touch and often gave me rides home after church and school events.  He was without question the kindest guy I knew, and he proved it over and over.  He was the one I called, long distance, to tell about my parent's divorce, and we wrote backn and forth on a regular basis when he was in college.  On my 17th birthday he took me out for dinner and that was it!  We were married the next summer.  That was 34 years ago.  What a blessing!
5/24/2010 7:12:58 PM
Rose United States
Rose
My boyfriend and I met 5 years ago when I was on a 1 week missions trip to his hometown in the Dominican Republic. He was a translator for the team, but we didn't talk much until the last day when I broke my finger and he asked for my email address so he could make sure the "american girl" was okay(something he didn't tell me until years later).

We communicated soley through email for for the next 4 years and became best friends. God then gave him an amazing opprotunity to study in the US last year. I had recently transfered to a closer college and was on break since my college had odd terms, so I drove 9 hours to see him for the 2nd time in my life. After 3 days together, he asked me to be his girlfried.

We've fallen head over heels for each other and plan on getting married after college and heading back to the Dominican Republic to use our lives and knowledge to further the kingdom of God.
5/24/2010 7:14:21 PM
Ana United States
Ana
This is our story.  It may seem compliacted but it really is not.

Joel and I, just celebrated our 9th anniversary. We were introduced by a friend. When we met we did not like each other, he thought I was to old and I thought he was to childish. Our friends from church kept telling us that we were to cute and they wanted to place us on top of a wedding cake.  I thought. YEA right!!!  that is not happening. One evening after dating for a short time he came over to what is now our home, I showed him a picture of most of my bothers, sisters, my mom and my step-dad.  I notice that while I was tell him this is my brother, Tom, Gil, Peter, (I have 2 sisters and 6 bother)etc he was not listening to me, he had focus him self on my step father (whom I loved very much, but had passed a few years before).  Stay with me.  When my mom was a child she knew my step dad, they were neigbors that lived across the street from each other as kids.  My step father was a widow for a just over a year when began to court my mother.  Still with me?  My step father is/was my husbands uncle, he was married to my mother-in-laws sister.  So when my husband told me this was his uncle we could not belive it!  God has a funny way of getting two families together.  Did I tell you Joel thought I was to old?  I am but just by 10 years. My step father was a born again believer who Loved the Lord I know that when Joel and I get to heaven he will be waiting for us.
5/24/2010 7:20:12 PM
Brandy United States
Brandy
i was at a park when i over heard 2 kids talking -- ( 1st kid) do u belive in jesus? (2nd kid) no (1st kid) why not? ( 2nd kid) because i cant see him (1st kid) do u belive in santa? (2nd kid) yes! (1st kid) why? u cant see him eather! (2nd kid) well, because he brings joy, presents, and happiness! (1st kid) and so doe...s jesus! only jesus comes every second of the year! --
5/24/2010 8:32:39 PM
Marie Ann United States
Marie Ann
I was living in New York when this happened.(I'll NEVER forget this story.) So I decided to see the Statue of Liberty, and it was like 5 miles from my apartment. I didn't have a car at the time, so my only tranportation was by train, or taxi. (usually taxi) So I took a taxi, and the man who was driving looked a little attractive to me. And we introduced ourselves, talked, and traded numbers.
The next day, Richard called me and asked me if I would like to grab some lunch with him. So i thought to myself, "Why not?" So me and Richard spent of our time 40% eating, and 60% talking. We've been dating for 5 months. But Richard doesn't like to call it dating. He just calls it "taking a friend out" (I still don't know why he calls it that) In the middle of September, God told me and Richard that we were meant for each other. He proposed 2 weeks later. Our wedding day was held on October 20,1998. We were married for 12 years and have 2 beautiful daughters Maddie (age7) and Rachel (age3) And soon expecting a baby boy that will be named Dylan
5/24/2010 8:42:45 PM
Laura Snider United States
Laura Snider
I was six years into my life as a single mom when one afternoon a group of girls in my geometry class started a list of "eligible" men they thought I should consider.  I put a quick end to the discussion, but not before they asked me just what I was looking for in a man.  I didn't really consider myself "looking", but I replied that I just wanted to meet someone who was committed to the Lord.  We finally got back to business.  However, at the end of class, one girl approached my desk and said, "I have an uncle I think you might really like to meet!"  I sputtered around about how I didn't think it was a good idea to meet uncles,and I thought the subject was closed.

To my surprise, a few weeks later, during regularly scheduled parent-teacher conferences, this young lady's mother came to see me.  After less than a minute spent discussing her daughter's progress in my class, she blurted out, "I hear the girls think you should meet my brother-in-law!"  I tried to figure out a graceful way out, but, as I knew this to be a Christian family, I crumbled and gave her my phone number.

Three days later he called.  We spent around 20 hours on the phone over the next couple of weeks until we finally met face-to-face.  By then, we were both hooked!  Both of our families were thrilled when we married 7 1/2 months later! We've now been married 14 years, and God has blessed us beyond measure.  He is truly a God of second chances!
5/24/2010 8:54:11 PM
Rosa Harrison United States
Rosa Harrison
My fiance and I are getting married June 5th (yes in 4 days!). We are both in college currently and we met in college. I know that sounds like a typical love story, but there's more. See, I had no connections to the college. No family that went there or anything. For some reason, I just knew I was supposed to go to school there. Looking back, I know that it was God who was telling me to go there. It was God who put me at the same school with my soon-to-be husband. Something else that's kind of funny is that before we had graduated high school, we both attended a college tour the very same day. This may not be the most unique love story, but I find it to be fascinating! God truly did work in miraculous ways to get us together!
5/25/2010 4:04:11 AM
Sue Dupont United States
Sue Dupont
How I met my husband. I used to work in medical records at a teaching hospital in BR. One year (1973) at Christmas time we decorated our door with letters to Santa Claus. One of my co-workers wrote a letter to Santa and as a p.s. wrote "please put a man in Sue's stocking". I met my husband of 35 yrs. on December 26th 1973. The day after Christmas! We married 15 months to the day after we met on March 26, 1975.
5/25/2010 5:12:09 AM
John United States
John
It actually started with my brother and my girlfriend's brother hanging out when we were in junior high.  Back then my brother would pick on us saying that we had a crush on each other (which we didn't!), my mom said that some day we would get together, and sure enough, about 6 years later I ended getting heavily involved in ministry at the same church she went to and I realized how much she loved God as well.  From there we clumsily began dating by discussing our feelings for each other and then asking our youth pastor if we were dating or not (we are total nerds).  It has now been two years and we plan to get married in another two years after we graduate from college.
5/25/2010 4:50:49 PM
Mark United States
Mark
I started praying for a wife at 14 and made a list of what I wanted in a wife. I struggled with how I would know who to marry.  Met my future wife when I was 24 after a 3 year sabbatical from dating.  Was attracted by her deep love for the Lord as well as her outward beauty, but my friend was interested so I encouraged them, stood back, prayed and waited for a year and half.  Nothing came of their relationship, God opened the door,  and we began courting.  A year later we were married.
That was 20 glorious years ago, and my beautiful bride is even more beautiful now.  The list - she surpassed everything!
There are way too many similarities/coincidences  between our families to list. Here are a few. We were born in the same hospital. Both sisters were older than their brothers by 10+ yrs. Both moms divorced when daughters were 4. Both families moved away. List goes on and on. My mom didn't get to name her daughter after her favorite aunt. Her mom named her after a doll popular at the time - some 11 years after my sister was born. Not only did my mom get a wonderful daughter-in-law - she got a daughter with both the first and middle names of her aunt!  You say God is good, you have no idea!  Eph 3:20.  So don't worry about who to marry, believe me God's got it way more than covered - just trust him, keep your mouth shut and your spiritual/physical eyes and ears open and pray baby pray.
5/25/2010 6:05:20 PM
Jolene United States
Jolene
My husband was a year behind me in school so I knew of him.We did not date in high school. When I was a sophomore and he a freshman I pulled out of my parking space and hit his car. He told me nice bumping into you. We met again in college and started dating and have been married 25 years.
5/25/2010 6:48:13 PM
Wanda United States
Wanda
My current fiance was happily married for 35 years and almost 3 years ago lost her to cancer.  Finally last year he decided he was ready to start living again.  About the time he lost his wife, my married was ending. I was living in Florida and decided to move home to Louisiana.  A friend encouraged me to sign up on an online dating service. She even paid for it for a month. I didn't renew because the only responses I was getting were from the UK and states far away.  Since I wasn't an active paying member I couldn't read emails that were sent to me unless they were a platinum member. All of a sudden I received an email, from a local man who was a platinum member and he didn't even realize it (I know he was sent to me by God), I was very interested and we met and that's been 6 1/2 months ago, and after the first week we have seen each other every day. I have never in my life had so much fun and enjoyed being with another person.  I decided I wanted to join the catholic church and he goes to classes with me every week.  I KNOW that he was sent to my by God.  That's the only way we could have met.  The funny thing is he lives 10 houses down from my daughter. And now we are engaged and planning on spending the rest of our lives together.
5/26/2010 5:25:11 AM
Coleen Martin United States
Coleen Martin
My husband and I met 30 years ago this month, actually on Friday the 13th. A friend and I were flying to Texas from PA to visit a childhood friend who was in the Air Force. We flew from gate 13, sat in row 13 on the plane, and arrived at gate 13! That evening my childhood friend invited my now husband to make it a foursome as we went out to dinner. It was love at first sight and as we talked and got to know each other we knew that God had brought us together. At 24 and 27 we knew what we were looking for and God made it happen in His timing, even though it required of me to move across the country. We saw each other as much as possible in the two weekends I was in TX and then a month later he flew me out to TX and asked me to marry him. I flew home with a ring on my finger and we were married on his first leave 5 months later. And as marriage is an ongoing work of submission, we love each other more now than we did 30 years ago! God is so good!
5/26/2010 11:01:03 AM
Shaun E. United States
Shaun E.
One night in 2004, I had been up late studying my bible for several hours. I was getting rather tired and couldn't concentrate, so I figured I needed to take a break for awhile. I decided to log on to Yahoo messenger and see if any of my friends were online. After signing in, I heard/felt this inaudible but very clear voice tell me to go to a specific Christian chatroom. After several minutes in this particular chatroom, I became rather disgusted by the amount of fighting and other ungodly behavoir that the majority of the room were participating in, so I signed in to a different room where I could find a little more peace. Again I heard that same inaudible voice, this time very sternly say to me "WHO TOLD YOU THAT YOU COULD LEAVE? GO BACK!"
Questioning my sanity, I did as the voice commanded, and went back to the previous chatroom. Within minutes of my re-entry, this girl from India comes in the room. She'd had a rough day and needed someone to talk to, so I obliged her.

We became friends, and grew rather close over time.  We were such an encouragement to eachother in the Lord that after six months of friendship, and much prayer and discussion, we decided to get married. At the time it seemed impossible, but we had faith that this was what God wanted us to do. Eventually the Lord threw a job in my path that paid almost twice what my previous job had been paying me, and I was able to afford to make a couple of trips to India to visit her, as well as pass the U.S. government's income requirement for her to immigrate here.

On August 20th 2009, after almost 5 years of waiting, nearly losing hope on several occasions, and many hours of prayer, we were finally married before God, family and friends. We have been married for almost 10 months, and it is the best  experience.

It's funny how God would use something like the internet (which I would never recommend to anyone) to bring two people together.

One thing I've learned through this experience is to never lose hope. Things may seem impossible, but what God has promised, God will deliver. And it is usually in a way that you would never expect.

One last thing,
When God tells you to do something, listen to Him and do it. Don't question Him about it. If I had waited a few minutes longer, and argued with Him, or just not done what He was directing me to do, I would've missed out on one of the best things to ever happen to me, and not even known what I had missed. Sometimes the best things that God will give you, are within a window of opportunity that may only be a few minutes.
5/26/2010 12:40:44 PM
Libby United States
Libby
A love story like mine is exactly what spawns wedding superstitions...or maybe just causes people to believe them.  My husband and I met at our best friends' wedding.  I was good friends with the bride and groom, and he was a groomsman.  I just happened to be the lucky one to catch the bouquet, and jokingly chuckled that maybe it'll be my turn to get a man!  Well, the last dance of the night comes around, and my future husband holds out his hand to me and says, "would you like to dance?" We shared a really repetitious swaying dance, and talked up a storm.  Afterward I had this nagging feeling that I can't let this guy go.  Mustering up a lot of courage, I asked him for his contact info and we exchanged numbers.  The rest is history! We have only been married for 2 1/2 weeks, but we are incredibly happy.  So I say believe in those superstitions! Smile
5/27/2010 1:58:54 PM
Katelyn Glass United States
Katelyn Glass
I actually heard about my boyfriend (the man I'm going to marry) about a year before I met him. I lived in central KY at the time and I had gone to visit my cousin in south east KY when I heard about him. My cousin's then boyfriend (now fiance) told me he had told a boy about me at their college (University of the Cumberlands). I asked what he had said about me and he told me that he had told this boy that I had a wooden leg! I have two perfectly good legs and could not fathom why my cousin's boyfriend would say such about me. He was pulling a joke on this boy and told him that I had had a horse riding accident at the KY Horsepark where I worked. I just laughed about the incident and didn't give it another thought as I was dating someone else at the time. Every once in a while I would ask my cousin's boyfriend if he ever told that guy the truth and he would say no he had never gotten around to it! Several months passed and many changes came through my life. My parents seperated, I left my childhood home to move to south eastern KY to live next door to my cousin, and I transfered to the University of the Cumberlands from the small private college I had attended in central KY. The day after I moved in to this new school my cousin and I went to the caf to eat lunch. I knew no one but my cousin who was standing beside me when she exclaimed loudly, "Katelyn, that's the boy that thinks you have a wooden leg!" We were introduced and became best friends. We've now been dating for 4.5 months and know that God wants us to spend the rest of our lives together serving Him. I was going to an especially hard, making several major adjustments in life. But God knew what he was doing when He brought that boy, who only knew me as the girl with a wooden leg, into my life. Now I thank God everyday for him...and for two good legs!
5/30/2010 6:46:01 AM
sarah United States
sarah
wellll...im only 16 so i cant say that im totally true that hes my true love but it was really ironic cause my fav teacher since 5th grade and I had an inside joke that my true love would get hit by a bus and thats exactly how i met my boyfriend!!! I saw him get hit by a bus and LIVE!!! IT WAS SOOOO HORRIBLE but then after I found out that he was okay i told him the story and we both laughed so hard! That was actually just 18 months ago and we are still together even though we dont live anywhere near each other anymore!
1/23/2011 7:21:53 PM
Layla United States
Layla
My mom and dad fell in love in a very funny way. My mom was working as a waitress at sonic. She would come out wearing her little miniskirt and t-shirt and give people there food. Well one day my dad and his brother drive up and she comes out to give them there meal. My dad took one look at her, saw her name tag, and says "Hellooooo Jill." Well after that day my dad became a fry cook there and they began dating. Soon after they got married in the church my mom grew up in and had me a year later. When I came my dad gave up smoking for my sake and my parents are still together and have 3 kids including me, this will make there 15th year anniversary and I praise God for them.
2/3/2011 10:10:11 PM
Donna United States
Donna
My love story is a sad/laughter kind of story: I met the man of my dreams In December of 2010, we began planning for our future. Our song was "God gave me You" unfortunately he moved back to his hometown and fell into the wordly things in life and began lieing and cheating on me. I knew God wanted us together and so did he, but God gives us choices. When you go through difficult times like this and your heart is breaking, there is nothing better than to know you are one of God's children and his love is all you need and it is unconditional. I have struggled terribly and I miss the man that I fell in love with. With Valentine just around the corner I have double the pain, it is also my Mother's Birthday whom I lost about 10 years ago to cancer. God is good and this expereince has brought me closer to God and his faithfullness has made me even stronger. Sad/laughter... I am sad, but I am one of the happiest people in the world at the same time.. because of God's love for me!
2/7/2011 9:01:29 PM
Tams United States
Tams
My love story is my favorite becouse I can hardly beleive it. My Love and I are both middle age and longing for a Godly mate. We met by email with a few seriouse questions about faith and life style. He passed my quiz's. We both love Cars (Hot Rods) and many more fun things. Then as my stomack growled I asked if he was hungary and how far away he lived from me. He said he would pick me up in a hour and showed up with a YELLOW rose. (How did he know my favorite). His truck was spot less and he never missed a beat to be a gentleman. It has been 3 1/2 years later and he still comes and takes me to dinner when ever possible but he always takes me to church every Sunday. We have a standing date and pray that he can move here someday so we can be together forever. Thank you Lord for a friend that is willing to wait for YOU to move and in the mean time I get to heal from my past and trust my true love more everyday