Mar 20 2014

#HappinessDay and more!

Today is the UN International

Day of Happiness

Let's Reclaim Happiness

27 Things You Need to Know About Happiness

Elementary School Choir is "Happy"

In other news... Twitter turns 8!

Teen Sneaks past WTC 1 Security

'Wheel of Fortune' Contestants EPIC win

Fred Phelps Dies

Don’t rejoice when your enemies fall;

don’t be happy when they stumble.

For the Lord will be displeased with you

and will turn his anger away from them.

~ Proverbs 24:17-18

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (0) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
Ouch!!! Have You Ever Had A Household Accident???
Jun 07 2010

Ouch!!! Have You Ever Had A Household Accident???

So I almost wacked my finger off with an electric hedge clipper yesterday... Have you ever injured yourself at home??? If so, what happened???
Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (72) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

5/23/2010 8:38:48 PM
lori carter United States
lori carter
My husband is FAMOUS (infamous?) for hurting himself.  We were putting in flooring and cutting quarter round.  All of a sudden I hear a "not so pleasant word."  I asked him if we had to go to the hospital this time.  He attempted to cut his arm off with the miter saw.  Brought the saw right down on his arm which is laying OVER the quarter round...  Eric, the safety device didn't work for him either
;)
5/23/2010 8:42:44 PM
Dean Campbell United States
Dean Campbell
I was building a tree house for my daughter. I was using a nail gun shooting 3 1/2 inch framing nails into 2x4's for the frame of the tree house. The nail gun bounced off of the wood and shot twice. One nail went in the wood. The second nail shot throught two of my fingers nailing them together. I was by myself, so I had to pull the nail out of my fingers. Thought I was going to pass out before I got back into the house.
5/23/2010 8:42:51 PM
Danessa United States
Danessa
Wow...Household accidents...um let me see...many times but always the same thing.lol
Always bang my knuckles on door knobs...ouch
and while washing the blender I would always cut my fingers with the blades...but one day, it came to me why not un-do the blade part...hahaha
5/23/2010 8:43:07 PM
Todd Powers United States
Todd Powers
When I was a teen, I was "restoring" some old wooden boat oars.  I was using a belt sander to do the job.  It did wonders taking the old, rotten wood off the surface of the oars!

Just like every other brilliant teen ager, I thought it was perfectly acceptable to be performing this task in a pair of track shorts.

Well, you can see where this is going...

The belt sander, like a skill saw, takes time for the mechanism to stop spinning.  So even though I had let go of the trigger, the belt of 80 grit sand paper was still spinning with significant inertia.  As I lowered the belt sander down and leaned over to inspect the oar, the sander caught the inside of my right leg.

As I walked into the house, I hollered to my mother, "MOM...  I NEED A BAND AID..."  She about fainted when she saw what I had done.  LOL!
5/23/2010 8:48:05 PM
Kim United States
Kim
I have one for you but it's not household related I work in electronic's manfacturing I sit at the end of a production line and if a circuit board comes down the line I use a soldering iron and fix defects well one day I was fixing a defect under a scope and some how the cord to the iron got tangled and fliped out of my hand I was trying to cahch it so I wouldn't get burned because it was set at 750 degrees welll the tip of the iron went up my nose believe me when I say 750 degrees up the nose hurts so now I make sure the cord is not tangled befroe I start work.
5/23/2010 8:49:26 PM
Lisa Binion United States
Lisa Binion
I've had a number of household accidents.  I'll tell you about just 2 of them.

First, I was cutting something up with the butcher knife and I dropped the knife.  Without thinking, I just reached out with my bare hand and caught the knife.  As a reward for catching the knife, it cut me between my fourth and pinkie finger.  No, I didn't get stitches, even though my husband thought I needed them.

Second, I have a bread machine.  I removed a freshly baked loaf of bread from the machine and, for some reason, I dropped the bread pan.  Once again, without thinking, I reached out and grabbed the bread pan.  First, though, I dropped my pot holders.  I saved the bread pan and the bread, but burned my hand pretty bad.

What do I need to learn from those 2 brilliant mistakes?  Think before I reach out and grab whatever I drop.
5/23/2010 8:50:39 PM
mary United States
mary
Ok I had a boss nickname me princess Klutz because anytime I do anything I injur my self.  Just this weekend while mowing my lawn I tripped in hole and twisted my knee and then got stung by a yellow jacket...twice!  I've broken my toe while hiking, face planted it in a blackberry bush while paintballing and tripped up the stairs at work. Serioulsy, I ended 3 steps up from where I started.  The worst part is I have passed the genetic klutz gene on to my children.  My middle child as gone to the hospital at least once a year since he was 18 months old, he's now 14.  My daughter tripped over her own feet a couple of months ago and ended up with 4 stitches in her knee.
5/23/2010 8:52:52 PM
Ann United States
Ann
2 summers ago I had a run-in with my stove.  I was frying chicken and just started heating the oil.  My husband and 2 daughters were playing guitar hero.  I decided I had time for a quick song.  Halfway thru the song I noticed a strange orange glow from my kitchen.  I threw the guitar and ran to the kitchen.  My husband and I knew not to throw water on a grease fire.  We stood there for a minute trying to think of what to do and then my husband turned and headed out of the kitchen.  I thought he was leaving me in the kitchen with a blazing frying pan so I grabbed the pan and headed thru the house.  I made it outside before I missed a step and they flames and grease came back on my hand.  I dropped the pan and put the flames out on my hand.  Needless to say my husband had not turned to leave the kitchen, he turned to get the fire extinguisher.  I did not know we even owned one.  After 2 trips to the ER and a week of physical therapy for 2nd and 3rd degree burns to my thumb everything worked out fine. I no longer have to do the cooking.  I wouldn't recommend my way though. Ironically the name of the song I was trying to play was "Thru the Flames and Fire". God is amazing because my thumb is completely healed with no complications or need for skin grafts.  PRAISE GOD!!!
5/23/2010 8:59:05 PM
Michael Spurgeon United States
Michael Spurgeon
I was ridding with a friend and hit an edge on the bike trail and went into the dirt and fell. Thought I bruised my hip, so my friend and I rode 7 1/2 miles back to are trucks and I went home.
After starting to take a shower the bathroom was spinnig, my wide immediatley took me to the hosopital for shock. We got to the hopspital about three hours after the initial crash. At 3:00am the next moring I was having three screws put in my left hip. I had a compression fracture.
5/23/2010 9:00:08 PM
Syrena United States
Syrena
Well the one I can remember is about my husband. He was making ice tea now picture him poor the hot tea from the pot then squeezing (hard) the tea bags in the pot to get all the good stuff out with a wooden spoon. The spoon snaps in half and he hits himself in the head with the pot. I laughed so hard. He uses hard plastic spoons now.
5/23/2010 9:00:50 PM
Cheryl United States
Cheryl
I guess I don't like my tendons very well!  Who wants hands that bend anyway?

While attempting to open a can of frozen orange juice concentrate, I bent the lid back; or I "tried" to bend the lid back.  Instead, I cut the tendon on my thumb.  Pain was unbearable.  I bandaged it tightly so it could heal and stop bleeding.  After healing, I could not bend my thumb - because I had severed the tendon.  Too late for corrective surgery.  I can be a good "hitchhiker" and I could squeeze every drop of toothpaste from a tube, until arthritis set in.  This is a double ouch.

Later, I was searching for my husband's paper in the trash and sliced another tendon on same hand, but different finger.  After fixing a big meal for visiting family from out-of-state, we went to hospital and had corrective survery.  It's almost as useless as my thumb.

Needless to say, I've bacome much more careful now.
5/23/2010 9:02:51 PM
Cheryl United States
Cheryl
Can I correct my typo in the last line please?  "become" and not "bacome"
5/23/2010 9:07:37 PM
Marcia United States
Marcia
As a new homeowner, I am 'learning' to do things around the house and yard!! I have a beautiful backyard and I want to do everything myself, including pruning bushes. I learned a few weeks ago NOT to do this at dusk, when you can't see well! As I was clipping branches, I clipped my finger...nearly lopped the end right off! Had the clippers completely closed...the tip of my finger would have been gone! Like you, Scott, it was not a pretty sight! It took days to close up and when my brother saw it at Bible study he says to me: 'Have you ever heard of stitches, sister?'
I am now careful to do this when it's light outside and recently invested in l-o-n-g handled pruning shears!
5/23/2010 9:08:52 PM
Krystan United States
Krystan
I am known for being clumsy. I have a number of scars on my body. When people notice them they say "Oh no! What happened?" My usual response is "I tripped" or "I fell". My sister teases that I could hold a world record for the number of times I have tripped. Smile
5/23/2010 9:14:20 PM
Diana United States
Diana
You guys were talking about Scotts "frankenstein finger" and that reminded me of the time people called me "frankensteins wife" in 5th grade... I was doing some kind of a project with a stapler and it ran out of staples. I went downstairs, got some staples and ran back to my room. When I got to my room I triped on something and my hand with the staples came flying up right into my right cheek. Luckily they didnt get into my eye, but I ended up getting two rows of stitches.
5/23/2010 9:15:20 PM
Claire United States
Claire
Not to me. But my friend. Okay. she was doing something in her kitchen and she unplugged something the wrong way-her whole wall and her hand turned black! I am not kidding! I had to die laughing a few weeks later when she mentioned again!
5/23/2010 9:20:33 PM
Julie United States
Julie
When I was a teenager, way back in the 70's I had knee surgery.  Back then you got about 20 stitches when you had knee surgery.  Well, my family went to the lake.  I had been to this lake many times.  The water at the end of the pier was always over my head.  Never thinking we only went there once a year and I had gotten taller since we had been there before.  I jump off the end of the pier, stitches and all, don't you know I hit my knee right on the bottom of the lake.  A friend who was there had to pull me out to keep me from drowning.
5/23/2010 9:20:56 PM
connie United States
connie
ok years ago i had a cassrole in the oven, when done, opened oven door, pulled out rack, and took ahold of the lid - important part i forgot the potholder.  immediately put it back down without breaking it.  funny thing is it did not hurt alot i think it was because of the shock of what i did when i seen it that stop the pain.  i did this 30 years ago and can see it in my head like it was yesterday.

God Bless,
Connie
5/23/2010 9:23:08 PM
Mike United States
Mike
Scott,  Observing the Sabbath as a "Day of Rest" would have probably prevented this event.
5/23/2010 9:23:08 PM
Kim United States
Kim
so, on the subject of  hurting one's self, and toes....I was having problems with my son, and him throwing fits, he came in the house upset and threw a fit, kicking things, stomping ect, I had tried talking, and all other instructions in the bible to stop this, I decided to show him just how rediculous he looked, so I ased him to pick up his stuff or somthing and when he complained, I threw what had been refered to as a rigging fit ( logging term Smile) in the process I kicked the bottom of our couch. when I finished he was standing there in total shock, and asked what was that?  I told him that is what you look like, and he asked if it hurt, and i said yes, get mom an ice pack, a few hours later when my husband got home, I went into the ER. I had broken my Big Toe, and not only that, but when we got home, I fell down the stairs, no I didnt go back, but I did hit the back of my head hard enough to see stars and have a rather large goose egg.  I have also fallen down a flight of stairs and sprained my thumb, up the same stairs, and got cystitest in my knee, and I have had 3 surgical procediures to try to fix my sholder from the last time I fell down those same stairs.  needless to say I have been called a clutz by my husband....ALOT!!!
5/23/2010 9:24:12 PM
Cyndi Kahl United States
Cyndi Kahl
I got my hair caught in the Vacuum! I was bending over and my hair was very long and before I knew it, my hair was wrapped around the rotating beater. OUCH! My first thought was, " How am I going to drive to a hair stylist with a vacuum stuck to my head!"
5/23/2010 9:31:56 PM
Jim Williams United States
Jim Williams
It seems that my middle name is "accident prone." The last injury I had was a good one.  I am one to try to save and do things myself...soooo I was putting in a block and tile flue chimney and I was cutting lines into the cinder block to hold angle iron for the flue liner, to create a ash pit below the liner, using a side grinder.  Well the switch on the grinder was stuck and the grinder would not turn off.  Now this was around 11:30pm that I was doing this , in my garage. Since the grinder would not turn off I reached for the cord to unplug it when all of a sudden I was hit and knocked back 6ft into the garage door.  I knew I was injured so while in flight I put my hand up against my head.  I got up and went into the house and my wife and son were up.  As I was going in the house I said "I got hurt" and my son said what this time dad?  I went into the bathroom and removed my hand from my head and my ear fell into the sink and I said "it's bad!!"  We called ER and informed them of my injury and we started for the hospital.  Now remember I was grinding on cement blocks so I was covered in grey powder from head to toe.. As I arrived at the hosp  I went walking in and the staff saw this guy covered in blood with grey skin...they panicked wondering how can this dead man be walking with out any blood..LOL  Anyway The Dr was a christian and he prayed over me and 41/2 hrs later and 110 stitches my ear was reattached and today you never would even know it happened!Smile
5/23/2010 9:34:25 PM
Mike United States
Mike
I am a plumber, and 3 years ago i got in a hurry working on a job. I was using what is called a ram bit to ream out a fitting. This bit is used in a drill.In the middle of this process, the bit jumped out of the pipe and caught in my shirt sleeve. It wrapped into my shirt and ripped into my arm. It left a bruise around my bicep from where it ripped the shirt sleeve off, and I had to have 44 stitches inside and outside the whole in my forearm. God had been watching over me that day. The Dr. said if it had been a millimeter further into my forearm, it would have severed the nerve. So even though I was injured, it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Especially since I play guitar on my church worship team. Needless to say, I still have full use of my arm with a little bit of numbness.
5/23/2010 9:39:20 PM
Eric Hocker United States
Eric Hocker
While at college, I was playing nerf basketball indoors (basement) at a friends house.  I wasn't wearing shoes, and when I went to slam the ball my foot slipped and my toes (all 5 of them) hit the small wooden foot of the couch.  Since I hit the post with the middle of my toes, 3 lay flat (bent out right) and the other 2 bent the other way.  Things healed very well, and almost a year later (2 the day) I did the same thing to my other foot.
5/23/2010 9:52:56 PM
kim branson United States
kim branson
One summer afternoon, I was resting in our house after coming home from work. The day had been hot and sunny and I'd driven home with the windows down in my truck. While lying in our room, I heard a summer shower pounding on our roof.  Remembering the open truck windows, I quickly got up and headed outside to roll them up. As I went out the front door, our little dog slipped out as well and went with me down the porch stairs. Well, as I hit the flagstone path, I either tripped on the dog or slipped on the wet rocks and went down, hard.  Landing on my hands and knees, I felt intense pain and realized I'd broken my arm. Thankfully, my teenage daughter was inside and came running when I cried out.

After a lot of prayer and an ambulance ride to the hospital, we learned my elbow had shattered - "pulverized to powder" according to the surgeon! He operated and I spent the night in the hospital. I was in a cast for nine weeks and had 3 or 4 very long pins holding the elbow together. It took me four months to be able to drive again (I drove a stick-shift) and more than a year to be able to touch my right hand to the top of my head.

That was nearly nine years ago and my arm is fine today - no pain or discomfort and just as strong as my left arm, but it's never been straight since the break. One blessing that came out of all this is that I was able to use my injury as a witness to the mercy of Christ -- during the ambulance ride, I laughed and joked with the EMTs despite the intense pain.  They were flabbergasted Smile  I just told them GOD was giving me all the pain meds I needed!  Later, when the Xray tech was taking pics of the break, I prayed aloud in my spirit language (tongues) during the procedure, as the pain was extremely intense. At one point she asked what language I was praying in, as it was very pretty.  I explained it was my "prayer language," given to me by the Holy Spirit of GOD.  I'm not sure what she thought, but she seemed to contemplate what I'd said and I hoped seeds had been planted.  During my recovery, I never took any pain meds other than extra-strength Tylenol, although the nurses kept encouraging me to self-medicate with the morphine/codine, which I refused to do.

In closing, I want to add that just a few days before this accident occured, I had earnestly prayedthe "Jabez Prayer" (Lord, increase my territory...") I guess my new territory included the EMTs and staff at the hospital Smile
5/23/2010 10:10:24 PM
Emily United States
Emily
Not quite household but ... One day my dad was working in his brother's industrial size garage and had gotten the garage door off track. Instead of calling the garage door service, he tried to fix it himself. Needless to say, he was on an 8 ft. ladder and ended up missing the tip of his thumb.
5/23/2010 10:10:36 PM
Linda United States
Linda
I was sewing a blouse, white and lacy...and ran over my finger with the sewing needle...Blood everywhere!  And boy did it hurt!
5/23/2010 10:12:05 PM
Sarah United States
Sarah
One night, my mom was in the laundry room, in our basement, She was ironing and the hot iron was on the floor. My 2 year old bother touched the iron and got a secon degree burn on his hand!!! Now every time we tell him somthing is hot he says "Hot. Iron. It burn you!" it was awful at the time but now it's kind of funny!
5/23/2010 10:14:02 PM
Deanna United States
Deanna
I was once helping to cook some chili for a church event, and one of those jumbo chili cans was set down next to me. I managed to bump it with my arm, and it cut me right through my shleve. I ended up with six staples on the outside of my elbow. I thank the Lord that I was in long shleves that day. The doctors said that it would have been a lot worse if I had not been.
5/23/2010 10:14:07 PM
Billy United States
Billy
Years ago I had an employee in my landscape company who not only injured himself once, but twice, WITHIN A MONTH!  He was clipping a hedge with gas powered hedge trimmers and put the business end into his right thigh.  Then just as that injury was healed he put a skillsaw into the same leg in the same spot.  That one earned him the free trip to the E.R. and a set of staples.
5/23/2010 10:19:47 PM
Mackenzie Ropka United States
Mackenzie Ropka
Well i was making pancakes. well i had one of the pans in the shape of a bowl.The pan was super hot, and when i went to go and flip it the back of my arm hit the pan and i burnt my arm and i did it again but i burnt my finger and it was burnt for a week lol. Not my best lick I am usually realy good at flipping them. but not today
5/23/2010 10:24:14 PM
Emma United States
Emma
One time when i was about 8 i had just got done swimming and i had gone to watch my brother and a friend of his play tether ball but i guess i to close because before i new it the ball had hit me in the face i had a black eye for like four days i'm not sure what happen i guess i got to close but it deffenitly hurt
5/23/2010 10:29:48 PM
Elizabeth Markus United States
Elizabeth Markus
The most painful moment was a long time ago when I was sewing something with a machine and all the sudden I Sewed my finger, It was horrible, because I had to pull back the needle with thread and everything. I did not scream because I was too embarrassed. Smile
5/23/2010 10:29:52 PM
hannah United States
hannah
when i was lil i steped on a nail in garage , i had boots on but it went through my boots into my fooy n ooooooooooooooooo ouch did that ever hurt!
5/23/2010 10:30:57 PM
Brandy United States
Brandy
I did something that is so goofy, its almost embarassing...I was cutting into a bagel (many years ago now) to put in the toaster.  Only thing is, I was holding the bagel with my THUMB in the hole.  Well, I went to cutting it with a bread knife, and voila, I cut myself.  No surprise!  I couldnt believe what I had done.  I felt pretty dumb at that moment.
5/23/2010 10:31:01 PM
sarah busick United States
sarah busick
when i was in korea visiting my dad when he was deployed, i was spinning in my slippers in his laundry room, and i fell. it hurt badly, but then it felt fine after a few minutes. later on, we were sitting on the couch, and i was using my hands to get up, and i felt a horrible pain go up my arm. we went to the ER on the base, and they told me that i had cracked my growth plate. it would never fully heal until i was sixteen is what they said. that was like two and a half years ago, and i am almost 13 and doing fine. now dad always teases me, and says not to spin around anymore. lol. ;)
5/23/2010 10:31:59 PM
monica United States
monica
  I am a cluts. I fall into wholes around the yard. The last major thing I did was walking down the sidewalk and fell. I ended up with 3 borken knuckles and 2 broken fingers. Praise God is was on my left hand. I am a hairdresser so that put me out of work for 6 weeks. However, a bout a year before I did that I was cutting a clients hair and ended up cutting my left middle finger. I cut the top of the knuckle skin off and had 4 stiches. The bad part is that I had done that before. The first time I had 2 stiches the second time I had 3 stiches and now this last time I had 4 stiches. I pray that since I have talked about cuttiing my finger that it dosen't happen. Sometimes me just talking about cutting my finger the next day I will. OH!! I also can't forget the time that we went out to dinner and was looking at the butter knife at the table and cut my finger. YES!! On a butter knife. Thanks for all you do and God Bless!!
monica
5/23/2010 10:37:04 PM
Rachel Thiel United States
Rachel Thiel
Last October after church 6+ guys and I decided to play soccer, and because I didn't have good shoes I took them off. Not a bad idea, right? Wrong. As I tried to take the ball from one of the guys his shoe got caught on my toe nail nearly ripping the whole thing off. I had no idea till I thought, "Ow this hurts." only to look down and see, well it was kind of nasty looking. (I'll spare you with the description) I immediately fell to the ground in devastation. It was the middle of my soccer season at Blue River Community College, and I injured myself, of all places-at church! Needless to say, it was a good learning experience, though my toe nail is still growing back.
5/23/2010 10:39:39 PM
Rachel Thiel United States
Rachel Thiel
Oh! To ad to the last story, when I was 11 I climbed a flag pole once, and ended up getting 23 stitches and 6 shots, and one good looking scar on my ribs. You'd think I'd know better than to climb a flag pole in platform shoes...
5/24/2010 3:41:52 AM
Elizabeth Markus United States
Elizabeth Markus
The most painful moment was when while sewing something with a sewing machine, I sewed my finger. the needle when through with thread and everything. The worst part was that I had to pull back the needle. I did not scream because I was too embarrassed. Smile
5/24/2010 3:43:19 AM
Dot Brokenicky United States
Dot Brokenicky
I call my husband little Tool Man since we make a trip to ER about once a year. One year he was trimming a piece of scrap wood with a box-cutter & sliced his wrist (but didn't hit any vital areas); another time he was power nailing 2 pieces of 2x4 with a 4 1/2 inch nail & the extra half inch went through his finger into his finger bone (doctor was impressed with his accuracy); and last month he was cutting a semi-frozen ham with a very sharp knife and cut his finger to the bone slicing one tendon. Of course, I can't compare with my one incident of slamming my finger in the car door...breaking the tip of the finger and partially pulling off the nail. Smile Gotta Laugh!!
5/24/2010 3:43:32 AM
Christie United States
Christie
Well today my daughter and me went to the store today and the sun was shinning in my face. Then next I slammed into an Automatic door. It hurt but it was funny. My daughter and me were laughing so hard. =)
5/24/2010 3:44:43 AM
Karen United States
Karen
It was almost the end of the workday when my office phone rang. It was my sister, who also babysat my son. She called to let me know my husband was on the way to the hospital. The reason?

While mowing our yard, rather than trying to turn the mower in a tight space, he pulled it toward himself while walking backward. When he tripped over a small bush, he pulled the mower over his foot as he fell.

My sister's words: He stuck his foot in the lawn mower. Expecting the worse, I left work in a rush to meet him at the hospital. Fortunately, the loss of limb was limited to the tip of his big toe...still a very painful injury.

5/24/2010 3:44:47 AM
Gwen United States
Gwen
I have an "incident" at least once a week .... *sigh* ....

I think the most rediculous thing I ever did was not quite drop but slam a 30 pound dumbbell on my hip after doing decline chest presses at the gym.

Before that I slashed my hand open making tuna salad, right to the bone  ... before the day where they invented those "safe" can openers.

I also slashed my finger trying to break open the plastic seal on an eye shadow container (that was embarrasing, especially when people asked what happened) I mean how complicated can makeup be?? ... and I managed to stab a pencil right through my ring finger ... the lead mark remains there to this day!!

5/24/2010 3:46:18 AM
Matthew United States
Matthew
Dear Kelli and Scott (sorry Scott, ladies first),

In keeping with the theme of today's show, that is, iPhones and injuries, I have a brief story to share. Not long after getting my shiny new iPhone I was driving down the road and received a phone call. It is illegal to hold the phone and talk on it while driving in California, so I thought I would out-smart the system by setting the phone on my lap and using the speakerphone built into it. After the call ended and I had hung up I forgot the phone was on my lap... until I got out of my pickup and heard a loud, very distinc thud. Oops, my phone dropped and landed face down on the asphalt from the height of my tall, lifted pickup truck. I bent down to pick it up, fully expecting the worst. To my amazement, the phone did not have a scratch on it and it has continued to served me well through this day. I am happy to say I have not repeated that mistake since then.

Your brother in Christ,
Matthew

PS I always thought Kelli would be spelled with a Y at the end, and not an I. You learn something new everyday.

PPS I love the show and the ministry of K Love. Keep up the good work.
5/24/2010 3:47:15 AM
Sheldon heatherington United States
Sheldon heatherington
How 'bout those days when your just not looking where your going-like running into the 90 degree corner of the wall right outside my bedroom doorway. It sure woke me up that morning.
5/24/2010 3:59:22 AM
Beth United States
Beth
I once tried to cut an apple and almost cut off my right nidex finger.I had to get three stiches.I really scared my parents.
5/24/2010 4:02:34 AM
Shaleigh, 13 United States
Shaleigh, 13
I was riding my bike and there was a car coming and i had to stop but my breaks on my bike were really squeaky so i used my foot and i had flip flops on and i scraped all the skin off of the end of my big toe. I didn't have to go to the E.R thank god i just bandaged it up.
5/24/2010 4:03:56 AM
melissa United States
melissa
so my dad was working on a snowmobile with a friend and had his hand in the saspention and it moved a little. just took off the end of his thumb we even got pix of the end after a couple of days. it was gross.
5/24/2010 4:11:29 AM
Jinni United States
Jinni
Hi Scott & Kelli,

Klutzy moves? Oh my, where to start?

Someone gave me a potted bush once, that I watered at the kitchen sink, I ran out the front door before it could start leaking and totally missed the first step. I caught the second step but was off balance and sat down hard on my ankle, shattering it.  It took me 6 months before I could go back to work and I still limped for 6 more months.

Then there was the time I cut my finger off with a circular saw! The doctors sewed it back on but it doesn't work very well. They wanted to just remove it but it was the ring finger on my left hand!

Or, the time I went down a water slide at a water park and broke my collar bone. Who does that?

But, my favorite has to be the time I jumped into into the lazy river at Kings Island with my inner tube and broke my toe! It was just so unexpected.

Love you guys!
5/24/2010 4:45:07 AM
Mary United States
Mary
Heard Scott and Kelli's stories while I was walking after work and reminded me of the time I cut the tip of a finger off with the clippers (not electric) while trimming weeds in the yard on my hands and knees, I wrapped it in a wet paper towel, drove myself to the hospital and showed it to the MD thinking he could sew it back on, was all he could do not to laugh, I'm sure, as he told me it was too small to reattach and skin would grow back on its own which it did (guess I heard too many stories of people cutting limbs off with farm equipment and having reattached!  To Kelli, I'm good for burning my hand when I try to hold the lid of pan of boiling water in which I've just cooked pasta open just enough to have water drain and not all the pasta when I don't have a pot holder mitt on, ouch!
5/24/2010 4:49:14 AM
Asia United States
Asia
I always am in a hurry, an usually running late, which is a big affector of accidents.

Monday morning a few months was no different, as i hurried to get my 2 boys to school, i rushed into the car......

AND FORGOT TO DUCK MY HEAD

full speed, slamming into the top part of the side of the enterance

not only did i see stars, and have to sit in my car for 5 minutes trying to gather myself... my kids in the background saying... mom were late!

Moral of the story... sometimes you/I really do have to slow down, otherwise we may end up going to work with a huge egg/ knot on your forehead, and a major headache.

Hope it made you smile Smile
5/24/2010 5:13:10 AM
Samantha United States
Samantha
I was at my great aunt's house.  Her house is a shelter for cats.  Well, it was 3 years ago, and I was 12, and thought I could make friends with a cat that my aunt had specifically told us was a very mean cat!  Before my hand even touched its fir, it lashed out at me and caught my right hand in its paws.  It bit me and made 2 puncture holes in my wrist.  The weird part about it though, is that I didn't feel it!  I felt no pain.  My aunt washed it with hydrogen peroxide, and that is when it began to sting.  It took the puncture holes a couple of weeks to heal, and even longer because my hand became infected.  It swelled so huge that you could not see my knuckles any more, not the wrinkles or anything!  Well, a few months later, I was at my friends house, and I got the scare of my life.  Like I said, I was 12 years old, so this scared my a lot!  I tried to flex my hand, and suddenly I couldn't straighten my thumb!  I wanted to cry.  I could not straighten my thumb from the top knuckle up.  If you have seen the movies holes, and if you remember the big rock called God's thumb, that is what mine looks like.  But now, after all of that, I always say that I would never part with my bent finger, because you can't have Samantha without her crooked thumb!
5/24/2010 5:16:17 AM
Rebecca United States
Rebecca
Once, I was stapleing an American Girl Mini Magazine, and my finger got in the way-and yes, I had a staple stuck in my finger(OUCH).So naturally, I screamed, threw the magazine, pulled the staple out of my finger and ran to my mom. I was bleeding everywhere, and it hurt like crazy!! I eventually had to go to the doctor because it got infected, and they gave me one of those really painful shots, and I could barley walk out of the doctor's office. It was really stupid. SO NEVER STAPLE YOURSELF!!!!
5/24/2010 5:19:26 AM
Rebecca United States
Rebecca
Oh, I forgot to add, when I was little, I injured myself EVERY DAY. My great grandfather nicknamed me "Booboo". My cousin is Booboo#2 now Smile
5/24/2010 5:24:23 AM
Samantha United States
Samantha
I forgot to say in my comment above that, the reason I could not straighten my thumb was because when I was bit the the cat, the teeth hit the tendon in my wrist that controls the thumb.  So there, now you have the full story.
5/24/2010 5:33:59 AM
Julie Nasso United States
Julie Nasso
During my 1st trimester of my pregnancy, I was gettimg sick alot. One day at work I ran into the bathroom to get sick. I knelt in front of the toilet lifted up the toilet seat, threw up in the toilet & wham o the toilet seat slammed down on my nose. I had a cut on my nose that was black & blue.. And it was very visable. I told my boss thaI needed comp cause I hurt my nose at work haha..
5/24/2010 6:05:41 AM
Spencer United States
Spencer
When I was 11 I was using a jointer and it was getting dirty up inside it so I turned the jointer off and put my hand inside. The machine may have been off but the blade was still spinning and it cut off the tip of my index finger. It took 8 stitches and an orthopedic surgeon (because the cut was all the way to the bone) to sew it up.
5/24/2010 6:16:51 AM
Kimberly G. United States
Kimberly G.
  As far as accidents go, I think the worst one I can think of off the top of head would be when I was younger(I'm fourteen right now). We were making tomato sandwiches, and when I went for some tomatoes, I knocked the butter knife off the counter onto my big toe. At first it just hurt a little so I slightly ignored it. Seconds later I looked down and there was a bubble of blood on my toe. Being very young, I freaked out and probably had to be calmed by my mom and dad. After much dabbing and bandages, it finally healed.

But I can say this. I've never had to go to the ER ever!
5/24/2010 9:59:16 PM
Amy United States
Amy
I was piling up brush to burn while my husband mowed the grass.  I tried to light the leaves but they wouldn't burn.  So I went to get the lighter fluid and found out it was empty.  Looking around I saw the gas can for the lawn mower.  I know better...but I thought just a little bit of gas won't hurt.  So I poured just a small bit of gasoline on the leaves, stepped back about 6 ft. and threw a match at it.  I did not realize that the wind was blowing the fumes from the gasoline toward me.  When I threw the match, the fumes exploded all around me, especially my legs.  It melted my shoestrings and gave me 2nd degree burns on both legs below my knees.  Let this be a lesson to the rest of you...NEVER,EVER use gasoline to light a fire!!
5/25/2010 2:58:53 PM
Ken United States
Ken
I have you all beat!!  Six years ago my wife and I had built a new house in Central Texas and I was going to drive a 6' steel fence post into the ground using a 16lb post driver.  After getting the post about 1 foot into the ground the driver bounced off and hit me on the top of my bald head.  This resulted in my scalp being split open from the front to the back (literally), my skull was crushed, and I was knocked unconscious.  My wife witnessed this accident and called 911, while on the phone she told the operator that I was bleeding but she could not tell where the blood was coming from, the operator thinking this was a prank call kept asking the same question over and over.  As my wife began to feel around my head to find where the blood was coming from she realized that she had a finger stuck between my scalp and skull, at that time she told the operator that she felt like she was going to pass out, they sent 2 ambulances - one for me and one for her.  When the first ambulance arrived they began to work on stabilizing me and getting me ready for transport.  I had to be airlifted to San Antonio for treatment at a trauma center there.  During the flight I began to regain consciousness and ask the paramedic that was with me about where I was, he explained that I had been in an accident and was in an air ambulance inroute to San Antonio.  I made the following comment "wow, I always wanted to ride in a helicopter" and went back unconscious.
5/25/2010 4:51:28 PM
DeeAnn United States
DeeAnn
I've cut my fingers while cooking. I've fallen off my front porch and broke my ankle in three places, I've fallen up the walkway to my house and split my knee and broke my hand, I fell in the driveway on my way to work and broke my wrist in two places and cracked my cheek.  I have fallen in my garage and had to be taken to the ER.  Have I ever had an accident at home........oh yeah...more than my share!!!
5/25/2010 6:12:22 PM
Paula Ferrell United States
Paula Ferrell
I wanted to donate money to the blood water mission- I cannot get through on the phones- it's not ringing - then I get three straight busy signals then nothing. I've tested my phone it's not my line. I went online to donate and you have to do it via credit card. Is there no way to just pledge then send the money in ? Like we do on K-Loves pledge drive ?

thanx for responding
Paula
5/27/2010 12:06:09 AM
Sunggu Kang United States
Sunggu Kang
This is about my sister actually. I was at my friend Jason's house. I was playing Boxhead Zombies and I turned up the volume so it was REALLY REALLY LOUD. My sister was up on the sofa. That was in the basement. The basement was concrete with NO carpet. Then I heard a bloodcurling scream. I was like, "Wow. This game has some great screams." and I keep on playing. Then my mom comes down with my other sister and sees my sister on the floor crying and I'm playing Boxhead Zombies with my friend. Crap.
5/27/2010 5:30:16 PM
Sunny,11 United States
Sunny,11
Yeah, I have burnt myself tons of times.
Were to start?

There have been tons of times when I wouldn't see a wire and trip over it. And then think to myself. How stupid was that?

Have you ever tripped over something you diddn't see was there but was right in front of you?

-Sundae
5/29/2010 2:22:30 AM
Ezabella United States
Ezabella
Yes acually I have when I was trying to make my little cousin a bottle.I filled up a cup with steaming hot water in it and then after that I got his frozen milk from the freezer and then i wanted it to melt so I dumped it in the cup full of hot water and then the cup fell and then all that hot water spilled on my stomach.It hurt a lot.Right after that had happened my grandma told me to go to the bathroom and rub it with soap!So I went and did what she told me to do and it hurt more.So after a couple of days my mom took me to the doctors and he took of the nasty skin.I did have a scar but its gone now.this happened a year ago.
5/30/2010 3:57:36 PM
Elizabeth Evans United States
Elizabeth Evans
Don't really have a story, but my grandpa's bread machine caught on fire. Then, a few years later, my grandparent's microwave blew up!
6/1/2010 11:33:29 PM
Justin Thompson United States
Justin Thompson
i have actually had a bad accident at the house when i was 16 or 17 i crushed my thumb in a hydraulic woodsplitter. If i remember correctly it had 17 stitches
6/2/2010 4:16:02 PM
Faith (Diffy) United States
Faith (Diffy)
I've had so many injuries within my house it would take forever to list them all. But the injury i remember best was when I was doing some paperwork and I was writing on a clipboard. Now, so you know, when I get frustrated or don't get something I sometimes hit myself on the forehead. You probably already know what I did, but in case you don't I'll tell you. I got frustrated because it was taking forever to get the work done so I took the clipboard and hit myself. It might have been one of the stupidest things I've ever done.
8/8/2010 6:15:54 PM
Izzie Australia
Izzie
My man was erecting a standard timber fence. He's been fencing for 20yrs, with the occassional small accident. While using his nail gun he bent down to move a bit of grass out of the way and ended up putting a nail throung his thumb and finger. Now he's at the hospital waiting for the plastic surgeons to operate, unfortunatley this won't happen till tommorrow morning. Funny thing is he thinks he can go back to work straight away. He has a very high level of tolerance when it comes to pain, but I belive that he will be home for atleast a week. People tell him all the time that he's not SUPERMAN and we always have a good laugh at that.
8/9/2010 3:35:59 AM
Sundae Mings United States
Sundae Mings
Well actually I have a pretty good story. My mom bought me one of those frisbees that turns into a ball, and i thought it was really fun. so one day i remembered i left it in the trunk of my mom's car, anyway when i got it out and was bringing it in, it drop by the stairs. and in front of the stairs was this shelf, and of corse bending down to get the ball i hit my eyebrow pretty hard. so at first i like fell down. then i screamed MOM!!!!!

and now i still have a dent in my eyebrow from hitting it. OUCH!
8/9/2010 3:36:53 AM
Sundae Mings United States
Sundae Mings
oh and i also couldnt see for like 5 min.