Jun 14 2010

Make a Difference Monday!

It's Make a Difference Monday! From buying coffee for a stranger to secretly doing lawn work for a neighbor, KLOVE listeners are making a difference! What have YOU done to make a difference? Has someone made a difference for you? Share your story here!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (12) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

6/10/2010 3:30:22 PM
Chris Rhiner United States
Chris Rhiner
My old friend, Chuck Sterns, is in the final 1/4 of his life. He has COPD with complications.  He's been an artist & model builder since the 50's, and has decided to sell his collection of treasures.  His beloved bride, Judy, has been unwavering in his care.  They're so lovey, you just wanna weep!  Rob Folden & I have been going to his house to visit & tell funny true stories, & brighten the atmoshphere.  Along the way we helped move the models upstairs for sale too, but it's more about cheering people I care for.  Chuck knows Jesus.  They're nearly the same age!
6/10/2010 3:33:27 PM
Annie Thompson United States
Annie Thompson
Well I have been waiting for the right time to share this story, and I feel led to share it here.  Someone (actually some people) made a difference for my family, a very noticeable difference, that we will remember for a long time.  It was a typical day, the day after Memorial Day, and my kids and I decided to have lunch at McDonald's. We called and asked my husband to come from work to join us.  He is active duty Air Force, serving at McConnell Air Force Base here in Kansas.  We met at McDonalds in the parking lot and walked in together, my husband in his uniform.  A lady immediately came up to us after we walked in the door and told us how much she really appreciated all my husband does each day, serving in our military. She then looked at me and said "thank you to you too for all you do, because without you, he couldn't do what he does".  We were so grateful for her kind words.  We ordered our food and my husband went to the restroom with our son, while I filled our drinks. A man came up to me and said, "Is that your husband there in the restroom with your little boy?" I said "Yes, it is." He held out his hand and to take mine and offered his appreciation for my husband's service to our country. As his hand touched mine, I noticed he had folded a bill and tried to get me to take it.  I told him I couldn't do that, but certainly appreciated the gesture.  My eyes were filled with tears at this point. About this time, my husband came and the man told him the same thing, and he tried to give my husband the money as well.  My husband said he couldn't take it, and the man insisted.  Finally, my husband took the bill and we went to sit down to eat.  We were both emotional at this point.  We talked about how amazed we were at the two gestures, in somewhat of shock.  We finished eating and letting our kids play in the playplace and were on our way out the door when one of the McDonalds workers stopped us to give a cheer for the Air Force. She told us how she had grown up with a father who was active duty in the AF and loved the AF life.  She commended my husband. We thanked her and walked out the door.  We never could have expected that a trip to McDonalds would have ended up making us feel so loved and appreciated.  You see, it comes at a time when my husband has been put in a position to make a choice between continuing to serve on active duty or move to a more stable lifestyle for our family and serve in a reserve position.  It has been one of the most difficult decisions he and we have faced.  He has chosen to make the move to the reserve side of the Air Force, but struggles with whether or not the decision he made was the right one.  I think all these people that saw us and showed their appreciation to him and us at McDonalds was God's way of saying that no matter the capacity he serves in the future, that fact that he is serving and has served for 12 years is what matters.  And that he has made a noticeable difference! Praise God!!
6/10/2010 3:34:25 PM
Kim Hancock United States
Kim Hancock
Last sunday Me and my 3 kids pulled in to walmart and saw a man with a sign  "I'm hungry please help".  So Turned around went to wendys purchased a meal and $10.00 in gift cards.  I told my kids not to ask for any food we have it at home.  I explained that God wants us to help everyone and not to judge,we went a gave it to the man.  That following monday my oldest son went to school and a 5th grader stole some money from the teachers desk which was for a fundraiser.  My son brought home an envolped and went around the neighborhood and raised $50.00 to give to the teach.  When she asked what why?  He told her that his mother has taught him that God wants everyone to help each other and what we did for the man at WAlmart.
   Thank you for bringing God and love into my family with your station
  God bless
6/10/2010 3:38:01 PM
Lisa McMullian United States
Lisa McMullian
I really did not want to get up and go to work today and was not feeling all that joyful about my job.  I prayed that I would have a good attitude and have a good/productive day.  Mid-morning I was away from my desk and when I came back, there was a path of shoes that went across the front of my cubicle around the corner and to my desk.  My co-works know that I have been involved with an organization called Remember the Children that ministers in Romania.  They know about my trip every December to serve there and have seen lots of picturs - children wearing flip-flops in snow.  This year, RtC launched a 10,000 pairs of shoes in 10 months campaign.  Someone brought in 9 pairs of new shoes for the kids!  How AWESOME was that!! He answered my pray in a way I would have never guessed! And He reminded me that I work so I can serve.  He used that person to not only make a difference in the lives of some very needy kids but also to make a difference in me today. What an AWESOME God we serve!!!
6/10/2010 3:42:53 PM
Kyla Tirey United States
Kyla Tirey
I gave blood today. The staff at the Blood Center were so appreciative AND, it turns out, Monday is a great day to make a difference because Monday is the day they need blood donations the most!
I said a prayer after I left, that God would bless the donation.
Love and God Bless you KLOVE
6/11/2010 12:00:37 AM
Abby United States
Abby
Its not that big of a deal but today as i was walking into the mall I held the door for many senior citizens and they were very grateful and I felt very good
6/11/2010 12:02:03 AM
sarah United States
sarah
it's not we who do the nice things to make a difference.  it's CHRIST IN US. let's not take the credit away!
while we want to be an example & encourage others to be kind, let's be especially careful about telling stories when we do these things. we don't want the public attention to be our reward. you know the verse about not letting your right hand know what your left hand is doing...
6/11/2010 12:07:48 AM
Morgan Johnson United States
Morgan Johnson
Klove has made a tremendous difference in my life. My husband is in Uganda fulfilling a missions internship for the Master's program he is in. For the first two weeks he was gone, I was a wreck. I started being very depressed and very negative. I visited my family in Denver and started to listen to Klove. When I returned to Oklahoma, I kept listening to you all online. I began the challenge about not being negative and have been listening almost every day. People around began to notice a difference in me and have commented on how much I have changed. I really praise God for you all. You remind me every day through your music and encouraging words that God is faithful.  Thank you Klove.
6/11/2010 12:34:02 AM
Carrie United States
Carrie
I did not realize that it was make a difference Monday because we have been on vacation and we rarely were able to find a klove station. We were traveling back home today and stopped at a rest area in AL. A lady outside the building was asking everyone that came through if they could give her a ride. We were not going her way. I felt bad that we could not help her. We went back to the car and got some snacks. I looked over and heard another person tell the lady they were not going that way as they barely paid attention to her. All the sudden I found myself going over to ask her is she wanted a sandwich. She immediately got up and began to inquire about what we had. We spoke for a little while as I gathered up some food and a drink for her. I could tell that she was very appreciative that someone took to time to see a need that she had. I pray that God will take care of her as she tries to reach her destination. I wish we could have done more.
6/11/2010 1:01:58 AM
Tawnya United States
Tawnya
These last several days have been FULL of Make A Difference Mondays for my 3 kids and I. For the last few months I've been feeling the urge to find another place for us to rent (my husband and I are separated and his income has drastically been reduced, but he disagreed that the kids and I should look for another home regardless that we were 1&1/2 months behind and getting notices for utilities to be shut off). Last Tuesday morning I prayed to God that my ears and eyes would be open and my heart would be soft to HIS leading. That evening I was up about an hour later than normal and felt that God was prompting me to post "Does anyone know anybody who needs a house-sitter with kids?" on Facebook. So, boldly I did. The next morning I received a message from a teacher & family that we know through my son's school. They are traveling out of state for a month vacation and would love for us to watch their house and dog and yard! My son even gets to mow their neighbor's yard for a little $! Then Friday morning I received a phone call from a friend on facebook offering us their 3 bed, 2 bath cozy home FREE!! I am overjoyed with blessings. Then, this afternoon I received a phone call from my doctor: I have had Crohn's Disease for 11 years and have been very ill off & on these last 4 years. Just in the last 2-3 weeks I have been in the hospital twice and after taking a look at my colon, my doctor is suggesting I have surgery removing my colon and rectum, he said it looks very angry in there. There is one more medication that I have not tried yet, Humira. But we learned that insurance wont cover it. So I began the hunt for assistance through the maker of the drug. However, the phone call from my doctor this afternoon told me that after a conversation between him and the insurance company they now WILL COVER the medication for me and I get to start tomorrow! If I dont show improvement in a month, surgery will be needed...even at that, it is still hope for a better life for me! Finally an answer and end to my illnesses and pain! GOD IS SO GOOD AND TOTALLY WORKING THROUGH SISTERS & BROTHERS IN CHRIST TO HELP MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN OUR LIVES!!!
6/11/2010 4:15:33 AM
Cho Yung Tea United States
Cho Yung Tea
oh man monday again...i have to rush for my job...i wanna go for some adventure on sunday but next day i have to go for office.....

6/13/2010 9:07:58 AM
Lila United States
Lila
I really think that youguys need to have TobyMac on more. Imean like TobyMac has made a big difference in my life and you should have his songs on a lot more.