Jun 21 2010

Make a Difference today!

It's time to "Go MAD!" It's Make a Difference Monday at KLOVE! Maybe you can say something kind to a stranger or write an encouraging note to a co-worker--tell us how you are going MAD today!
Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (13) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

6/15/2010 5:46:57 PM
Lesly Wells United States
Lesly Wells
I did not know it was Make A Difference Monday. I was mowing our front yard this morning and the feeling came in my heart to go across the street and mow our neighbors front yard, it needed it pretty badly. So without hesitation I got ours finished and went across ans mowed hers. During the process the mower had quit when I was almost done and I thought, "Oh no I can't break it, I will be in trouble when my husband gets home!!" The grass was really thick and had bogged around the blade. So I didn't break it and I was able to finish. But I did't stop there, I went back to our yard and mowed our backyard and alley (which is more than I told my husband that I would help with today). So I got to make a difference to 2 people today, while giving God the Glory the whole time, I was listening to KLOVE on a walkman. Smile Thank you for the positive and encouraging music.
6/15/2010 5:57:32 PM
Tawny United States
Tawny
a friend of ours ( who lost his wife a year ago march) has been struggling keeping house, laundry,  working, tending to church and camp business, so my 12 year old son and I cleaned his house and did some laundry for him today! Left him a note saying   "happy make a difference Monday"!!!!!
6/15/2010 6:00:07 PM
Vickie Stone United States
Vickie Stone
I was in our local Books-a-Million store this morning, looking for a new Bible. While looking thru the different versions of the Bible, a young black man struck up a conversation with me.  We talked about our churches, the Bible, the Lord's influence in our lives, and our prayer life.  It was about a 30 minute awe-inspiring conversation with this young man.  He asked my name and he then said he would pray for me.  I, in turn, asked his name, and vowed too, to pray for him.  I have been going thru some difficulties lately and this young man helped me see things in a new perspective.  I have no doubt that this young man will do great things in his life.  He made a difference to me today.
6/15/2010 6:23:15 PM
Monte United States
Monte
OK we have a philosophy here in Montana when it comes to bears.  You don't have to be able to out run the bear, just one other person in your party. lol
6/16/2010 12:09:48 AM
Amber United States
Amber
I lived an hour into the mountains with my mother for a couple years.
We would run into all kinds of animals.  A rabbid skunk, raccoons, coyotes, foxes, bobcats, migrating elks (hundreds!)
My least favorite was a black bear.
My step-dad was cooking chicken in the garage, and the bear smelled it.  He came to see what smelled so good.
Then, I walked outside for something...I can't even remember why anymore.
Turn to the left and there's the bear in our yard...not 30 feet away.  I froze.  I thought about everything I've ever seen on the Discovery channel: Make loud noises to scare it off.
So I screamed what was supposed to be a "be afraid of me!" scream, but turned out to be "I'm terrified and don't want to be eaten" scream.
I ran to the slider, shaking.
The bear, luckily, did run-off.  Mom laughed at me.
Bears are one of my top-7 fears.
I used to have bear-nightmares all the time.
Was glad when we moved back to Dad's.
6/16/2010 12:35:35 AM
John Balogh United States
John Balogh
Small but useful:

I drove out of a parking lot an noticed 2 of 3 brake lights out on the car in front. They happened to be going my direction, and I told them about it at the next traffic light. They were appreciative and said thank you!
6/16/2010 6:12:02 AM
Caleb Olson United States
Caleb Olson
I was on my way home from work and I saw a man on the side of the road with a sign that read, "Help a Vietnam Vet."  I thought I would do the "Christian" thing, so I grabbed the singles I had in my wallet and handed them to him.  I began to drive away when I heard Scott and Kelli talk about "Make a Difference Monday."  I then felt the Holy Spirit tug on my heart urging me to be Christ's hands and feet and actually do what Jesus calls us: to show love and compassion.  I parked my car and walked back to this man.  His first reaction was to think something was wrong, but I told him that I only wanted to help him out in any way possible.  His next words were, "You must believe in Christ."  When I told him that I did, his eyes teared up and he immediately hugged me.  He then pulled out the Bible he kept in his back pocket and showed me one of his favorite verses, Eph. 4:1-3: "As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace."  While he wouldn't let me take him to the grocery store to buy him food, I made sure that he would accept the rest of the cash I had on me.  He just kept thanking me, and it provided me a chance to help encourage him in his walk with the Lord.  There was another statement that he said which really made my heart sad, "The people who give me the most money are other underprivileged african americans.   They give what they do not have, while people driving a Lexus do not give what they do have."  I just want to urge everybody out there to always try to give to those who need it every opportunity you have.  You don't know how much it will impact their life.
6/16/2010 7:23:59 AM
Michael United States
Michael
This happened on Sunday, and it was to me.  I was not looking forward to Father's Day.  My stepson has a number of problems (behavioral, social, and interpersonal) that make life in our home stressful, at best.  On top of that, my younger stepdaughter was having problems of her own over the past year.  I really didn't feel much like a father, more like a drill sergeant/ police officer.  Well, Sunday morning, the kids and my wife brought me breakfast in bed.  When I was finished, I brought the tray out to the kitchen, and on the way back, my daughter came up to me, gave me a big hug and said, "Thank you for being there when I needed you."  It absolutely stunned me, leaving me speechless.  Despite all of our issues with her, it showed that she appreciated my efforts to help her get through her problems.  Her comment made a difference in my life yesterday.
6/16/2010 3:11:07 PM
Debbie United States
Debbie
This evening, my husband was working his regular shift.  He had a call (officer) to go to a location in our city where a 22 year old foreign exchange college student had his bike stolen while trying to sell school books and literature for his summer job.  My husband couldn't locate the bike in the area.  He felt the Lord tugging at his heart to take the student to our local Wal-Mart to buy him a bike.  He called me and I met him at the store with the money.  The young man was such a sweetheart.  He is from Estonia.  He walked into the store with my husband and I. He had his mind set on purchasing the least inexpensive bike.  My husband told him to get any one that he wanted.  He saw the one that he wanted.  They pulled it off the rack and my husband left the store to get back to his job.  I saw the young man up to the register and purchased the bike for him.  I offered him help before he left but he said that he was ok.  He knew where to go from the store to get back to the house where he was staying at (it was almost dark).  I couldn't leave the store without getting his email address.  He was so kind hearted and gave his most grateful thankfulness to me.  I saw him leaving the store parking lot on the bike and was thanking God for this young man and prayed a special blessing upon him during his summer stay here in our town.  I told him that if he needed anything to call my husband's place of employment.  He said that he would.  This has been a blessed day for us. He was blessed and we were blessed. We must obey the Lord when he speaks to us.  We don't know what is just around the corner for a return blessing.  The Lord is Faithful!!

6/16/2010 3:15:03 PM
Michelle United States
Michelle
God inspires me! It seems anyone or anything that I interact with each and every day are blessings that are endless and it flows both ways; I am so Blessed to be Loved by my Lord and Savior!!!  Last week I reluctantly had to go to the chiropractor; paying out of pocket; the bill was going to be $191.00. They asked if I was referred by someone which I hadn't been; the young lady behind the counter says "I'm a customer here and here's my referral card for you". I looked at the card she handed me and it was for $141.00 discount. It was another example of how the Lord is so good to me. My make a diffence Monday started yesterday as this whole weekend (actually since it began) the Gulf Oil spill crisis weighed so heavily on my heart; I was asking God and he called out to me for all His people to pray; Prayers for the people; the ocean and all living creatures in the Gulf. I asked; How? How can I get people to pray to you for this to stop and guide them to you for salvation? I thought how do I reach that many people; well through a networking site; so I created 2 Facebook sites People of Prayer and Prayers for the Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill disaster. God wants us all back. He wants none of his children lost; desolate;and in a constant state of worry. He wants us to pray. When times are good and when times are bad or even worse; He wants to hear our voices lifed up to Him in constant prayer. We are to pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17
Thank you to KLOVE for all encouragement and bringing all of God's Children together in one place. You are so deeply appreciated!!
6/16/2010 3:17:46 PM
Linda $ in Phoenix AZ United States
Linda $ in Phoenix AZ
I'm on vacation in Santa Fe, NM, and had just finished dinner. I gave my waiter my credit card & he came back & told me someone had paid my bill.

I was the recipient of a pay it forward.   Now its my turn.

Love you Scott & Kelly
6/18/2010 9:59:07 PM
Christine in San Antonio, TX United States
Christine in San Antonio, TX
I had risen extra early this morning and was enjoying your show. I had the privilege to hear Kelly lifting her voice to the Throne.... I was deeply moved and her words made me think of how I wanted to act that day and the things I asked God to help me with that I might serve Him more fully.

As I continued to think on the prayer, I thought how wonderful it would be if more people could hear those prayers throughout the day... It would be awesome if you could have prayer every hour...maybe at the top of each hour all day long... you two could take turns..

I am a person who really believes in prayer and the privilege and sheer joy that it is and the gift it is that God gave us.

Just some food for thought. Favor and the peace of God to you and yours.
6/24/2010 10:34:57 AM
Robin R United States
Robin R
Well It was not a Monday, but a Wednesday. I stopped to get some gas and Ice Cream for my 2 children.  A gentleman and his ADORABLE puppy came up and asked if I could fill his gas tank (2 gallon container).  They were out of money and needed to make is a little further.  So I gave him two rounds of gas for his car, and some dog treats for his dog.
I am a sucker when it comes to helping someone with a pet!!