Jun 22 2010

Unusual vacation destinations!

If you're looking for a creative idea for family vacation this year, Real Simple Magazine has some ideas for you! How about the Baked Bean Museam of Excellence (Port Talbot, South Wales), The Museum of Bad Art (Dedham, Massachusetts), Sulabh International Museum of Toilets (New Delhi, India) or the World's Largest Chair (Anniston, Alabama)?! You can also check out the World's Largest Twine Ball (Darwin, Minnesota), World's Largest Pecan (Brunswick, Missouri) or the World's Largest Basket (Newark, Ohio). Any usual vacation suggestions? Share them here!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (10) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

6/10/2010 7:32:30 PM
Layne Thompson United States
Layne Thompson
World's largest paint ball in Alexandria, IN.
6/11/2010 12:40:00 AM
Wendy Montgomery United States
Wendy Montgomery
I have been to the Fan Museum in London, England and found it to be way more interesting than I thought it would be.  What was the icing on the cake however was the lovely loo! The women's restroom actually won a "Loo of the Year" award the year I was there!!! It was like a two-for-one deal!
6/11/2010 12:49:24 AM
Angie United States
Angie
I listen to K-Love all the time - even while at work.  It is always nice to hear South Dakota mentioned and to know of another uprooted South Dakotian now in California. I grew up in Pierre South Dakota and even though I have been in California since 1987, I am still a South Dakota "country girl" at heart.   South Dakota doesn't get much respect, but it does have great places to visit - like Mount Rushmore, the Black Hills, the Badlands.

K-Love is such a blessing to many.  Keep doing exactly what you are doing.  You are touching lives for Christ.
6/11/2010 12:50:35 AM
Grant Raymond United States
Grant Raymond
Mill Ends Park in Portland, Oregon.  Is the world's smallest park.  It's a 2 foot circle in the middle of the street.
6/11/2010 12:52:05 AM
Lawanda B. United States
Lawanda B.
Leila's Hair Museum located in Independence, Missouri
they take hair of famous people and make it into framed art work creepy but cool!
6/11/2010 7:43:05 AM
Jeff Jobe United States
Jeff Jobe
I've seen the worlds largest nut (pecan), it is about 60 miles north of our house. I always thought that my uncle was the worlds biggest nut! You should see the tree that nut came off of!
6/11/2010 2:06:47 PM
Ivan United States
Ivan
wen me and my fammily were on our way to disney land in our rv. so thats not unusual right. i got up to do sumthing and i herd. BANG!!!!. we hoad a tow of our tires exploed. (tow of the 4 back tires) thay somehow both blew up at the same time. werd rite?
6/11/2010 2:26:34 PM
Diane Shultz United States
Diane Shultz
Dear Scott and Kelli, was listening to Klove and the two of you talk about the unusual vacation spots. You mentioned the International Toilet Museum in New Delhi, India. I had an instant thought but since I was driving, I couldn't call and tell you so I thought I'd post here.

Good thing the International Toilet Museum isn't in Butte, Montana.

LOL - God put that museum right where it needs to be.

In Christ alone - Diane
6/15/2010 3:42:11 AM
Sylvia United States
Sylvia
Unusual vacation ideas - Worlds largest lobster
to climb for great pictures Shediac New Brunswick Canada.
See photo at this site.

This sculpture measures 11 m (35 ft.) in length, 5 m (16 ft.) in height and weighs 90 tonnes!
6/16/2010 1:46:02 AM
paige United States
paige
I went to West Virgina and if you go visit the Mystery Hole!