Jun 23 2010

How to build a smart wardrobe on a budget

Trying to build a good wardrobe on a budget? There's a great article with suggestions for saving a few bucks on your wardrobe...check it out: How to build a wardrobe. What has worked for you? Got any tips for finding the bargains? Share them here!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (15) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

6/13/2010 10:24:18 AM
melissa Tucekr United States
melissa Tucekr
I always shop at the consignment shops but where i work a bunch of us moms bring in our clothes and play swap around.  It saves alot of money for us. Yard Sales are great a well.
6/13/2010 10:28:53 AM
Jen United States
Jen
Clearance racks! Smile Love them! Kohl's and Ross are both great stores too!
6/13/2010 10:33:21 AM
Lisa Smith New Zealand
Lisa Smith
We organised a Clothing Swap night at our church.  clothes were dropped off throughout the week and then were arranged for people to browse through.  We even hung up makeshift dressing areas and had lots of mirrors.  Everthing was free and hot drinks and snacks were also provided.  It was a great evening, with lots of laughs.
6/13/2010 10:36:24 AM
Nadia United States
Nadia
I shop after season, winter in summer summer and winter and so, even for my two little babies and use cupons giving my email to the stores have save me lots of money. Cause youdon't have to have it eigth from the window, that is workung for me and clearance is my partner hahaha oh well is for the familly economic sake. Bye have a great day.
6/13/2010 10:44:57 AM
kristen townsend United States
kristen townsend
Freecycle.com is a great website, where people list items they don't need anymore. It's a great place to get some great clothes, you don't even have to come out of pocket.
Otherwise, I shop at kohls clearance racks when they have th 15/20/30% off scratch cards. It's like paying 20% of the original price i can usually walk away with shirts or pants for around $3-$5 each!!
6/13/2010 11:03:20 AM
Beccky Krause-Holm United States
Beccky Krause-Holm
I have save LOTS of money by getting items online at freecycle.org.This site is world wide and has a site just for the city that you live in. When you sign up you will recieve emails letting you know if an item is offered, taken, wanted, or recieved. This is also a great way for you to get rid of some of the items that are cluttering your home that you do not need or want anymore. Freecycle is not just for clothing, I have received many items from clothes for my self and my 2 boys along with food items and toys. This site helped me tremendously at CHRISTmas time.
6/13/2010 11:03:39 AM
Cathy Merchant United States
Cathy Merchant
Hey just commenting on your post...I am all about used stuff...recycle i say & i always find good stuff! Good Will is good, but i prefer the Salvation Army...always have grt deals...ours gives 1/2 off of certain items every monday! Also donate to them.  We also have place called platos closet, you take old jeans & clothing in, get used clothing in really good shape for grt price! Consignment shops r great!! Love the idea of trading, why not! Dont forget freecycle.com, any city! Craigs list...Kiji.com...We also have our own yardsale site in our town..u may too, its just like ebay but free, robinsyardsales.com or org, cant recall its on my fav's! take care love your show...i am lost if i dont listen to you guys!! God bless & keep blessing us! we need it!
6/13/2010 11:03:55 AM
Lynette United States
Lynette
In Ohio we have freecycle.com. It's a site where you can ask for or offer items you want to give away. I've donated & received some nice things. Ours is by county. WWW.huroncountyfreecycle.com
6/13/2010 11:13:11 AM
juliebayles United States
juliebayles
We have 7 children and have second hand shopped since I can remember. I personaly have never liked the game of marking something up to mark it down with retail "sales". My Husband and I recently opened a not for profit Thrift Store in Bristol,WI. We play KLOVE 105.3 in our store and in our back workroom. We have various programs that are part of our ministry community service and work crew from the sherrifs department. At first the comment usually is do I have to listen to christian music...by the time the end of their sentence they are usually singing along and asking God questions...I would suggest when shopping/donating ask where the your money goes don't assume...In case your wondering our proceeds go to further the gospel of Jesus Christ..we support missionaries on a monthly basis, short and long term mission trips gospel centered church plants etc..thanks for letting me add my imput. God Bless!
Julie Bayles Vice-President Christian Mission Thrift Inc.
6/13/2010 12:26:08 PM
Leandra United States
Leandra
Go shop at the thrift sore on the 50% off day, you can get amazing things for very cheap!
6/13/2010 6:23:07 PM
Lisannette United States
Lisannette
I'm a teenager but i don't mind wearing used clothes. I love going to thrift stores and hospices. My dad works for a wealthier family and their older daughters donate huge bags of not so cheap clothing, it was such i blessing for us; we had "new" clothes for the new school year! And you can always find great bargains at any store if you look hard enough =)
6/14/2010 10:01:56 PM
Rebekah United States
Rebekah
when i shop for clothes i always look at the sale and the clearnce rack and then go from thereSmile
6/14/2010 11:12:53 PM
Ivan United States
Ivan
YARD SALE!!!!
6/14/2010 11:13:16 PM
Ivan United States
Ivan
YARED SALE!!!!
8/22/2010 9:20:15 AM
Em United States
Em
Dear Scott and Kelli,

Gap and Old Navy have good deals, and Aeropostale clothes go on sale for cheap, too. (I'm a 12 year old shopaholic) Some Children's Place clothes fit me, like this awesome pleated black skirt goes perfect with my pink Hollister T-shirt and my new Converse black knee-high boots that I got at Nordstrom. Love and prayers all the way, K-LOVE!