Jun 25 2010

Best way to pack a suitcase

We found a great article to help us pack for vacation this summer. Check it out: http://www.realsimple.com/work-life/travel/best-way-pack-suitcase-00000000010449/index.html. We would love to hear your suggestions for packing a suitcase. What's worked for you? Share them here!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (17) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

6/16/2010 9:46:34 PM
Karen United States
Karen
Only one thing I would add to the how-to-pack-a-suitcase -- pack your clothes not only color coordinated, but with items that are easily layered.  That way you can add a tee or tank under for a liitle more warmth, top with a sweater, etc., and peel them off if the day gets too warm.
6/16/2010 9:48:00 PM
Grace United States
Grace
Thank you so much!! This will totally help for my family and I because we are leaving for Seattle in a few days! God Bless you guys!
6/16/2010 9:55:00 PM
Ivan United States
Ivan
i'm leaving to seattle to. lol.;)
6/16/2010 9:59:11 PM
amber United States
amber
For my kids I roll their outfits together. It makes it much easier for them to grab something without tearing the entire suitcase apart.
6/16/2010 10:02:25 PM
Grace United States
Grace
Well, when you roll your clothes, you can wrap them in tissue paper so they won't get wrinkled.
6/16/2010 10:07:57 PM
Grace United States
Grace
Well, when you roll your clothes, you can wrap them in tissue paper so they can't get wrinkled.
6/16/2010 10:16:29 PM
Ivan United States
Ivan
Grace that is a reely good way to pack close.Smile(:
6/16/2010 10:18:24 PM
Ivan United States
Ivan
Grace that is a reely good way to pack closeSmile(:
6/16/2010 10:22:26 PM
Ivan United States
Ivan
i don't know of a reel good way to but just skuv all of it in the bag. ;)
6/16/2010 10:34:03 PM
Amber Gillenwater United States
Amber Gillenwater
Now Scott can take as much as he wants.  An idea I've used before is to buy those space saver bags you see on TV.  They can also be purchased at your local dept. store.  You can pack a lot of stuff and then vacuum or roll all the air out-thus allowing you to take more stuff.
6/17/2010 5:28:19 AM
Kimberly G. United States
Kimberly G.
I agree. It seems the Space Bags for travel works best for me.
6/18/2010 5:57:39 AM
Arrika United States
Arrika
I prefer rolling my clothes. I have found that I have a lot more room with the rolling method. I have used to spacebag once, and yes I was able to take more clothes, but after you put them in the suitcase theres not much room left. They are oddly shaped after vacuumed so a little difficult to pack more things like shoes or hair dryers.. but it was a good idea.
6/19/2010 7:21:36 AM
pamela herd United States
pamela herd
I purchased a product called Downy Wrinkle
Releaser.  It smoothes away wrinkles and reduces static cling too.  I bought a small spry bottle to travel with. It's amazing. You just spray, tug and smooth, and the wrinkles go away.  LOVE IT.
6/20/2010 10:20:56 AM
Sarah United States
Sarah
i am going to try rolling clothes in tissue paper. that's a great idea!
6/20/2010 9:44:15 PM
Cindy United States
Cindy
Great article, but I always over pack... rather have too much than not enough... just me! Like the rolling in tissue paper idea though.
6/21/2010 2:15:59 PM
Best Penis Enlargement Product Brunei Darussalam
Best Penis Enlargement Product
What a rocking post man � many thanks! And terrific blog site theme BTW. It looks a tremendous amount like a wordpress blogging site but I know it is blogenegine and it is entirely distinctive. Where did you unearth out it?
6/22/2010 5:45:49 AM
Courtney United States
Courtney
I have tried both rolling and folding, and both work well. Last year while I was packing for my mission trip to Mexico I had 2 50lb suitcases for donations and that stuff was all rolled and fit well. When I went to pack my own clothes I had rolled everything but ended up repacking it by folding and found that after I had changed my approach to packing that suitcase I could actually close and zip it up.