Jul 01 2010

How to Save Money Raising A Family

Ellie Kay, America's Family Financial Advisor is our guest today, and she has some great advise on how to save a lot of money when it comes to raising your kids.  You can find out more by visiting www.elliekay.com

What have you found that works for your family???

Listen to Ellie Kay below:

Ellie Kay segment 1

Ellie Kay segment 2

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (14) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

6/22/2010 11:21:46 AM
Donnell Thomas United States
Donnell Thomas
Two words....THRIFT STORES!!!! yes, thrift stores are amazing!!! if you take the time to look you can find amazing things...clothes especially!! I have found even name brand clothing.
6/22/2010 11:23:29 AM
Shannon United States
Shannon
I own a resale childrens boutique in Keizer Oregon and buying gently used childrens clothing and gear is a great way to save money and help local business.
6/22/2010 11:29:37 AM
April United States
April
What was the web site that Ellie Kay gave for whats on sale and coupons and picking up free stuff or for pennies? I was in the car and didn't get it.
6/22/2010 11:30:27 AM
Tammy United States
Tammy
what was the name of the websites she gave to get great coupons?
6/22/2010 11:34:01 AM
magon United States
magon
i have found with food shopping you can go to the 99cent store and get alot for a little $...there are things there that you can pay 99cents for and at a savemart or where ever your paying 2.00 if not more....of course you have to be careful, if you like tune its 99cents a can but in a regular food store its only 69cents...but i have done alot of shopping at the 99cent store and have saved boookoo bucks!!!
6/22/2010 11:37:55 AM
Rebecca Galvan United States
Rebecca Galvan
I wanted to know the websites of the coupons please.
6/22/2010 5:16:43 PM
Jake United States
Jake
A few of the websites were:

couponmom.com
retailmenot.com
6/22/2010 5:23:38 PM
Amy United States
Amy
Also want to know the coupon websites.
6/22/2010 5:26:23 PM
Amber United States
Amber
Hello, I was inquiring on the coupon websites. I didn't quite hear the sites to go to. Thanks in advance!!!
6/22/2010 5:26:39 PM
Sylvia United States
Sylvia
I would love to know the website for grocery coupons.
6/23/2010 2:22:02 PM
Ciera United States
Ciera
She mentioned that whenever she was shopping, her and her kids would get on their phones and use an app that would tell them certain codes and sales that were happening at the stores they were shopping at. Did anyone catch the name of that application?
6/23/2010 4:56:38 PM
ellie kay United States
ellie kay
Hey, the website I mentioned for saving money at the store is couponmom.com (free site) or thegrocerygame.com (paid subscription). The other site to use with your smart phone is www.retailmenot.com . I love being on with Scott and Kelli and I love all the ideas you guys shared!
6/24/2010 1:21:09 PM
Lori United States
Lori
Was this interview taped? I would like to hear it again, and point our students to it. We teach parenting classes and I especially liked what Ellie said about telling the kids they had to earn the extra money for name brand clothing and sneakers. We have a section in our classes about allowances and teaching kids to handle money. The information from this interview would be great to share in class.
I will be getting the book so I can read it and recommend it.
Thanks for all the informative interviews on your station.
I love listening to KLOVE!
6/28/2010 7:19:29 PM
Earth Girl United States
Earth Girl
Freecycle!!! It is a group that is all about keep things out of the trash. People put cloths, household stuff, ect on for free. You can also put thing on that you want to get rid of