Jul 15 2010

What Generic Products To Buy

We're always looking for ways to save money, so we loved this list of things that you should always buy generic!   Got Any Suggestions???

Check it out: http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2010/07/13/10-products-to-always-buy-generic/

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (9) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

7/14/2010 5:38:38 PM
Stacy United States
I had a college teacher that worked at a dairy plant when he was in college.  His job was to operate the machines filling gallon jugs of milk.  He filled for a name brand company and then with the same milk filled for a generic brand.  When he was at the store a lady was wanting the name brand but the store was out. He told her to buy the generic and she said she couldn't because it tasted different.  He tried to tell her that it was the exact same milk but she refused to believe him.
7/16/2010 3:32:26 AM
Laura United States
Can't substitute any generic brand for Kraft Mac & Cheese!!
7/16/2010 3:33:04 AM
Jen United States
When my husband and I first got married we tried generic everything(trying to save a buck).  Most are okay, but mayo, and ranch are BIG no no's.  They are awful. YUCK!
7/16/2010 3:33:59 AM
Karen United States
I'm a big believer in Excedrin to cure all aches and pains because it always works so good for me. I tried the generic Excedrin once just to try and save some money on it, and it didn't work at all! I was so disappointed I sent my husband right back to the store to buy the name-brand...so we ended up spending more money than we normally would have!
7/16/2010 3:34:58 AM
Rebecca United States
Miracle Whip. Mustard is mustard. Pickle relish is pickle relish. But you can't get it right with any old "salad dressing". It's like the old commercial said "it's just not a sandwich without the Miracle Whip".
7/16/2010 3:36:45 AM
Stacey United States
We cannot, and will not go generic on Oreo's or toilet paper. But I have recently found that I enjoy the Kirkland brand of laundry soap is just as great as ALL, which I had used for 13+ years! Smile
7/16/2010 3:37:33 AM
Beth United States
generic peanut butter is a yuck for me!!
7/16/2010 3:43:33 AM
Kathy United States
Hershey's Chocolate Syrup just can't be replaced with the generic brand
7/16/2010 4:08:06 AM
Beth United States
I had always thought that toilet paper was a definite "no" on generics, but recently discovered that Wal-Mart brand is not too bad.  Mayonnaise has to be "Duke's".  If you are not from the South and have not tried Duke's mayonnaise I am sorry for you Smile  Also, Diet Pepsi is not the same generic.