Jul 16 2010

Christine Avanti talks about sugar substitutes

New Sugar Alternative Backed by Respected MDs

Zsweet is a new calorie free sugar alternative.  Doctors Andrew Weil and Nicholas Perricone both stand by ZSweet as a safe and healthy natural sugar alternative. According to Dr. Weil ZSweet is a blend of a sugar alcohol that naturally occurs in many fruits and fermented foods like soy sauce, cheese and wine (as well as other fruit extracts).  It is about 70 percent sweet as sugar and lacks the bitter aftertaste of other artificial sweeteners.  Baking with ZSweet is unbelievably easy and best of all it's not to sweet so it does not cause sugar cravings like other no calorie sweeteners.  It's also good for controlling body weight because it has no effect on blood sugar, so it’s also safe for diabetics.  Zsweet can be found at most natural food stores (such as Whole Foods) and some large scale grocers.

Check out Christine’s newest culinary creation made with ZSweet.  These muffins are so low in calories you can add a little butter and honey and not feel guilty.

Christine's Dairy Free, Sugar Free Blueberry Muffins

97 Calories, 1 gram fat

Compare these to a store bought blueberry muffin:

380 Calories, 19 grams fat

CLICK HERE FOR CHRISTINE’S RECIPE

Listen to Christine discuss sugar alternatives

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (10) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

7/10/2010 1:38:08 PM
Diana Rodriguez United States
Diana Rodriguez
How about organic blue agave made with agave nectar from the weber azul. This is a low glycemic organic sweetener, gluten free, light and perfect for diabetics. I use it all the time and I never have that craving for sugar like you experience with the other alternatives. I recommend it!!!!
7/10/2010 1:39:27 PM
Nancy United States
Nancy
where is the recipe for the muffins.
7/10/2010 1:41:42 PM
Karry United States
Karry
I can't find the recipe either...thanks!!  Sound yummy!!!
7/10/2010 1:43:40 PM
Sofia United States
Sofia
can't find the recipe for the muffins. link is not taking me to the recipe... ?
7/10/2010 1:52:06 PM
Dianne Augustine United States
Dianne Augustine
Hi Scott and Kelli,

Love you guys! You really help me to keep Jesus in my heart! Kristine, you give really good healthy eating advice! Hey have you tried Truvia or any other brand made from the stevia plant? It is natural just the way God made it with no calories and 300 times the sweetness of sugar. It is a native palnt to South America. The Japanese use it as a sugar substitute almost exclusively since the 1970's. There are growers in the US now. You can find it at Walmart next to the other sugar substitutes.
7/10/2010 2:02:38 PM
Lisa United States
Lisa
use STEVIA- 100% natural from a plant - '0' calories - safe for diabetics, no glycemic value. It is very concentrated, only takes 2 drops per cup. I buy 'Sweet Leaf", my fridge has 9 diifferent flavors: Plain, Apricot Nectar, Chocolate, Chocolate-Raspberry, English-Toffee, Lemon Drop, RootBeer, Valencia Orange, Vanilla.  The FDA doesn't recognize it as a sweetner but most all European countries do so you won't see it next to the sugars in most regular stores but you can easily find it there in health food stores or as I do on'line where you can discounts when you buy a few bottles at a time.  I sometimes add a couple drops to my water to give it some zip, use it in canning my jams & in baking - tho sometimes there is a slight after-taste
7/10/2010 2:47:48 PM
Renee United States
Renee
I thought I was losing it, I could not find the recipe either. Please send it to me!! Please, oh please!! LOL
It sounds so good.

Thanks, Love, love, Klove!!
7/10/2010 9:59:33 PM
Larry United States
Larry
Heard you guys talking about this recipe earlier, for a diabetic, this sounds great!

Not sure if you're still taking comments about how P90X could help. As I mentioned, I am a diabetic, so exercise is an essential part of me staying healthy. I work out 2-3 times a week right now, treadmill, mtn bike, etc. But I still struggle with dropping the weight I want to lose. The P90X program would be a huge help for this.

Thanks for all the great discussion topics you guys braodcast on your radio show!
7/12/2010 1:05:02 AM
Kimberly G. United States
Kimberly G.
I'm so glad ya'll commented about stevia! Me and my family mainly use it in unsweet at restaurants.

Also, turbinado sugar is good for baking!
7/12/2010 1:05:38 AM
Kimberly G. United States
Kimberly G.
Turbinado is simply much healthier than bad refined sugars at the grocery store.