Jul 21 2010

What's on your "bucket list?"

In a speech by former President Bill Clinton this week, he listed some of the things that are on his "bucket list"...the things he would like to do while there is still time. One, see his grandchildren. He would also like to climb Mount Kilimanjaro and run a marathon. Got us thinking...what is on YOUR bucket list? What would you like to do while you still can?

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (35) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

7/11/2010 8:40:46 AM
Tommie Harms United States
Tommie Harms
I would love to spend time in Africa working with Aids patients. As much time as God would allow... I am 50 and it wouldn't bother me one bit to spend the rest of my years giving back to being the hands and feet to those who are considered the untouchable. To touch in the name of Christ, and to know they know God loves them and died for them...
7/11/2010 8:44:24 AM
Sergio Cervantes United States
Sergio Cervantes
Im currently going thru a divorce with an 11 yr old boy. I have been tapped on the shoulder by jesus and told me to me not to lead but get behind him and follow him. I have began to do so and I feel FREE AGAIN...which leads me to a semi bucket list...I would like to skydive as I listen to 3rd Day "I am Free." ....Jesus we all love you

Sergio from San Antonio
7/11/2010 8:46:55 AM
Ettor United States
Ettor
Not get a busy signal when I call in to a contest on KLOVE!  God Bless!
7/11/2010 8:52:39 AM
Nicole Marie United States
Nicole Marie
My list will be completed the summer of 2012 -
My family is going on a cruise where I will renew my parents (25 yrs) and brother's (10 yrs) wedding vowes, celebrate my mother being offically cancer free, myself graduating from college and becoming a minister.

Smile That will be a wonderful day!
7/11/2010 8:52:56 AM
Darlene Gast United States
Darlene Gast
gotta be a HOT AIR BALLOON ride!
7/11/2010 8:53:52 AM
Rebecca United States
Rebecca
On my bucket list is two things that no one wants to do with me. I want to go swimming with great white sharks and spend a night in Vlad Dracula's Castle
7/11/2010 8:56:21 AM
Lin Hunnicutt United States
Lin Hunnicutt
I would love to see Alask.  I am going to the Carribean this fall and those are tow of the places I have been wanting to go to for several years.  I am hoping if the cruise to the Carribean is as fun as I hope, then we will look toward Alaska.
7/11/2010 9:01:49 AM
DESIREE United States
DESIREE
TO BE ABLE TO GO SKY DIVING. TO HAVE THAT FREE FALLING FEELING. IT WOULD BE A RUSH!
7/11/2010 9:05:21 AM
Wanda J Patterson United States
Wanda J Patterson
Finally graduate college!! I started my college career in 1976 . . . but life happened . . . got married, traveled the world supporting my husband in his career, returned to the states be a "stay at home Mom" for the next 18 years raising 2 beautiful, well rounded children who love the Lord (best job I've ever had). Over the years I took night classes when ever possible. In 2001 I returned to work full time and resumed night classes again. Here it is 2010 and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! Dec 2011, I will finally graduate from Texas A & M San Antonio with a BBA - Management!! All but 18 hours of my 128 hr degree plan was taken in night school! It will have taken me only 35 years!!  Whew!
7/11/2010 9:06:23 AM
DESIREE United States
DESIREE
I WOULD LOVE TO GO SKY DIVING! IT WOULD BE SUCH A RUSH.
7/11/2010 9:08:42 AM
Lauren United States
Lauren
On my bucket list is to be a good Christian friend for my older brother to rely on and to take many missionary trips to Kenya and Cambodia.
7/11/2010 9:11:36 AM
PrudentKnowledgeDotCom United States
PrudentKnowledgeDotCom
Some may say that they would like to do things here before they move on, but how come so few mention serving the Lord?

Sure, "serving the Lord" may sound like a lot, but  showing Christ's love doesn't have to be a big difficult thing, does it?

In Matthew chapter 25 it is recorded that Jesus made it quite clear that we really should show His love, even if only giving food or clothes to somebody who has less than we.
7/11/2010 9:29:53 AM
David Linson United States
David Linson
Bucket list?
Teach my wife to drive a stick shift car,
Coach my kids sports,
walk my daughters down the isle,
have my sons tell me they have met the girl of their dreams,
Hold my grandbabies,
be spontaneous, dance in the kitchen with my wife when the kids are asleep,
be madly in love with my wife until the day one of us dies,
Outlive my wife cause I wouldn't want her to go through the pain of loosing her best friend,
have no regrets
7/11/2010 9:33:48 AM
Linda United States
Linda
Get my kids to truly love and serve God.
I would love to go on a cruise to Ireland.  I would love to meet Michael W. Smith and Jeremy Camp.  I would love to walk where Jesus walked.  Just a few out of the many...!!
7/11/2010 2:54:24 PM
michael United States
michael
Countinou going to church bring my kids and grandchildren to go to church.Go to  collage, become a vet.Live in my grandparents house after they left.Then????????????????
7/11/2010 2:57:54 PM
Paula United States
Paula
I would love to go on an Alaskan cruise and/or a trip to the Holy Land.
7/11/2010 3:20:13 PM
Jason United States
Jason
The one thing I would love to do is meet Tim Tebow and thank him for sharing his testimony during the Heisman Trophy special on ESPN in December of 2007.  At that time in my life, I felt like I was struggling between living life for me and living my life for Christ.  Listening to him speak and watching the story of his life made me realize what was important in life and my life began to change for the better.  I point to that day when I finally renewed my commitment to live my life for Christ. Thank you Tim!
7/11/2010 3:28:21 PM
brandon phelps United States
brandon phelps
i would love to go do a 14 tener her in colorado
7/11/2010 3:41:10 PM
Casey United States
Casey
So far the #1 thing on my bucket list is going on a trip to Europe with my best friend and going to Germany and places in Italy but what I really want to do on that trip would be to go to Plitvice lakes national park in Croatia and go hiking and kayaking there. It looks like such a beautiful place there filled with water falls and aqua blue water lakes. I had no idea there were places in the world that were this beautiful and I'd love to see this awesome creation of God.
7/11/2010 3:42:44 PM
katherine a tucker United States
katherine a tucker
I would feed as many hungry people as possible, especially the children and I would encourage as many others as I could to do the same until everybody got it. I know,that's asking a lot but I can hope can't I?  Some friends and I do feed a great group of homeless here 2 days out of the month so my one wish is for the means and abilities to do more for them. That's what I would say is my one wish. God bless
7/11/2010 3:48:17 PM
Vicki United States
Vicki
7/11/2010 3:53:28 PM
katherine a tucker United States
katherine a tucker
I would love to do is have the means and such to feed more people than I and some friends do now a few days each month. we love feeding this great group of people and get blessed always and would love to be able to do more and touch others with the love of God. Thanks
7/11/2010 4:05:24 PM
Leandra United States
Leandra
I would love to get involved in just spreading God here in Colorado.
7/11/2010 4:11:45 PM
Leandra United States
Leandra
Oh and a couple more things, I would do anything to see Lincoln Brewster doing his Today Is The Day concert, I am just waiting for him to come to COLORADO!!!  I really want to see him in concert before his next CD comes out.

Also on my bucket list is to get married to a wonderful man and have many kids, the first one to be a boy and named Lincoln, and then when I have a girl she would be named Melody Rose.
7/11/2010 4:12:53 PM
Doris Cox United States
Doris Cox
I would love to live long enough to see my children's dreams come true!
7/11/2010 4:44:39 PM
Vicki United States
Vicki
Bucket list... Complete a half ironman triathlon, a 70.3 mile race. Will attempt this on August 22nd. I'm so excited, like a little kid on Christmas Eve. I have 3 grandsons (soon 4!), so to extend this ambition one step further, I'd love to race with them someday! I like to tell people to trust in God and push yourself to limits that you alone would never be able to even dream of. When I filled out my entry for the race, they provide a comment area- its what you would like them announce as you (hopefully) cross the finish line. I put "Philippians 4:13 keeps me going!"

7/11/2010 5:05:17 PM
Karissa Rose United States
Karissa Rose
Doing the "greater things than these" that the Bible says that we(Christians) are to do. But ofcourse, doing so with the joy and love that comes from the life of Christ in me! All for His glory!
7/11/2010 5:12:31 PM
Katie United States
Katie
As a teenager, I'm not exactly sure what I want to do with my life. But this I know through God already-I want to go on mission trips to Guatemala, Morocco, and China. I can't wait to see what else God has in store for me!
7/11/2010 5:29:35 PM
Lauren United States
Lauren
I want to go back to where I grew up La Ceiba, Honduras (Central America) i really want to go back and spend some time there
7/12/2010 9:14:21 PM
Julie Bogart United States
Julie Bogart
I want to go on a missions trip to EVERY county in Latin America, that is number one. I have tons! my poor husband. I had parasailing on my list and we did that - and puked! Oh well, not all things are perfect!
7/13/2010 4:56:08 AM
Rhonda United States
Rhonda
There are a ton of things I would like to do before I die but I firmly believe Jesus will be coming back very, very soon (in our lifetime) and there are just more important things to do (like get right with Jesus and do the things He's called us to do than satisfying our own needs). Everything else pales in comparison. God allows for us to have some fun, take vacations, etc but it's His will that comes first. So the question is, What's God's bucket list for us? Smile
7/14/2010 5:45:17 AM
Maribeth United States
Maribeth
One of the things on my bucket list that I am hoping to accomplish next year is to ride my bike from Pittsburgh, PA to Washington, DC on the rails to trails through the Great Allegheny Passage and the Chesapeake and Ohio Canal.  Woohooie!
7/14/2010 8:17:31 PM
Kelly United States
Kelly
Hold a baby gorilla and the only other thing would be to finally lose the weight I've been trying to lose for years.  Singing with the remaining BeeGees would be awesome too Smile
7/14/2010 10:41:37 PM
Casey United States
Casey
Well somthing I like to do is meet the woman i will spend the rest of my life with. Ho and tip a cow over! that would be rely cool.
7/16/2010 4:45:33 AM
Luke Schwarz United States
Luke Schwarz
I am a very adventurous person. I have already finished one item on my bucket list, which was skydiving. The rest of the things that i want to do before i die (hopefully within the next 5 or so years) includes: Climbing a good size mountain, im thinking Mt. McKinley in Alaska. I want to finish an Iron man contest which consists of a 2.4 mile swim, a 112 mile bike ride, and a 26 mile run. I also, would like to go base jumping and bungie jumping. And finally, i hope to travel to Sudan and help spread the word of Jesus Christ and help build homes and wells.