Oct 04 2010

Say thanks to our servicemen and women!

Many of us feel that saying "thank you" to our servicemen and women is not enough. We are SO grateful for their sacrifice! We are collecting thank you letters that will be given to injured veterans and their families at The Fisher House in San Antonio, TX. Learn more about The Fisher House here: http://fisherhouseinc.org/index.html. Send your thank you letter to us at scottandkelli@klove.com.

Thanks for making a difference for our military!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (34) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

10/4/2010 4:17:31 PM
Jonathan Lugo United States
Jonathan Lugo
I am currently stationed at Ft. Hood. I have  been in the Army for a little over 4 years with a 15 month tour in Iraq. I have been home almost a year now, and at Ft. Hood since Dec. 09. All i really wanted to say is, thank you for you, and everyone's support for what we do. There is no greater feeling then to have a complete stranger walk up and just shake my hand and say "Thank You". I think that this is an awesome idea, and I hope I can make it down to San Antonio to volunteer myself. Thanks for everything that KLOVE does. It brightens my day, and helped me keep my faith strong in the worst of times while in Iraq. I listened to KLOVE online every chance I could while I was in Iraq. Thank you for everything! Smile
10/4/2010 4:34:13 PM
Kathi United States
Kathi
I have no words to thank the military for risking their lives for all of us.  Tears pool and words escape me.  Thank you!  May God bless you and keep you in his loving arms.  Amen
10/4/2010 4:40:11 PM
Eric Shannon United States
Eric Shannon
Thank you to service men and women for everything you do. I cant being to thank you for all you guys do, You watch Day and night over everyone protecting them from all evil. Im praying for you guys God loves you no matter what happens I promise He always will Smile Dont give up Sing the Lord God almighty Smile. Be Strong and Courageous, For the Lord Your God will go with you wherever you Go Joshua 1:9  Smile
10/4/2010 4:48:12 PM
Donna Wilhelms United States
Donna Wilhelms
Scott and Kelli, thank you for your help with this project! It is great to see how much you guys support the troops. You make such a difference in so many people's lives.

Jonathan, thank you for your service. America is lucky to have people like you protecting our country. I am Kelli's friend, the one going to San Antonio to Fisher House. I am also writing a book about combat wounded warriors and the NonProfits who are helping them get their lives back. I want to include Air1/KLOVE in the book and have been looking for a troop or vet who has been encouraged and sustained by Air1/KLOVE while deployed. I would love to talk with you more! If you'd like to talk, please email me at warriorspirit1@hotmail.com. Thanks!
10/4/2010 4:55:46 PM
Rebecca Meek United States
Rebecca Meek
I want to thank our troops for letting us live a free life. its a relief yet a burden to know that someone is out there still fighting for our freedom.. again i just want to thank our troops out there who are struggling and are fighting. In Ephesians it says,"i can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.
10/4/2010 4:57:31 PM
Estabrooks United States
Estabrooks
Thank you to my dad who served 20 years in the Air-Force, retired for almost 18 years and my Uncle served 20 years, in the Marines and retired for almost 10. My Sister-in-Law who is currently serving in the Marines.

I would like to say a big THANK YOU!!! to ALL the service men and women, past, present, and our future, the ones on the front-line and the ones behind the scenes.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
10/4/2010 4:58:38 PM
Terri Dumdei United States
Terri Dumdei
I want to thank all the servicemen for their service to our country. For those who are injured,I pray for quick and painless recovery! For the families that have lost love ones for God's strength and comfort. For those who are lonely and lost that God would lead them to fellow christian soldiers who would give them the Hope of Christ to help them find their way with new vigor. Thank you for all you have sacrificed to do what you do. In my prayers always!!!  A grateful American!!! Terri
10/4/2010 5:01:17 PM
Paula United States
Paula
I want to thank everyone who is willing to send letters of thanks to the troops and their families.  I am the spouse of a service member and it is truly remarkable that people take the time to thank not only the service member but us too!  I feel very honored when people take time to shake my hand and my children's hands or give us hugs and say thank you for supporting your husband and our country.  My husband is currently deployed and some times it feels lonely; however, all it takes is one person to make you feel truly blessed and happy.  May God Bless Everyone of YOU!
10/4/2010 5:42:34 PM
Nathan United States
Nathan
To all of you service men and women, thank you for letting us have our freedom. You are doing a great job out there serving our country. I love the military myself and want to enter the military someday. Thank you for risking your lives so we can be free. Thank you for all you've done for us.
10/4/2010 5:53:38 PM
Ron and Barbara Wechsler United States
Ron and Barbara Wechsler
Just wanted to say thank you for your sacrafice that you as soldies have made, you give up your families your homes and jobs, you put your life on the line with out a thought of it ending, the words I have do not do you justice for the price you have payed, GOD bless you and your families in the future, you are appericated in this family we love you and pray for you, our GOD is an Awesome GOD. Thank You.
10/4/2010 6:01:59 PM
Dusty B. Allison United States
Dusty B. Allison
Throughout my life, I have been raised around our military men and women.  My parents worked on Eglin Air Force Base for 40 & 41 years.  I have been raised to always honor and respect our flag and those who fight to keep her flying.  I am one who still gets a lump in my throat when I hear/sing the national anthem.  I still believe in honoring our flag by placing my hand over my heart.  I love the country Abba has given me the privilage of living in my 50+ years, and am so VERY THANKFUL for all who have served, sacrificed and blessed us by giving their all...that includes their families who also sacrifice so-o-o much.  God Bless America and all those who serve and have served this GREAT country!
10/4/2010 7:02:50 PM
mary United States
mary
as a mother of a soldier ,my son did his first tour in Iraq but is now home, this may ,it was scary and worry but was proud of him and his friends that was over there with him and I still thank god for watching over them and still pray for the ones are still protecting us still, you are our hero. thank you again
10/4/2010 8:37:16 PM
Cynthia Watson United States
Cynthia Watson
God bless you men and women of the Armed Services. My family and I are free because of the sacrifices you and your families make for our country. Thank you seems so inadequate for you fighting the good fight. To the families who have lost fighting men and women, may God give you peace. You should be proud of unselfish acts of your loved ones, and know that we fellow Americans are very grateful for them. To the Marines, Soldiers, Air Force, and Sailors around the world, and to those who are training to protect our freedoms, you have our respect and we honor your committment. May the Lord bless and keep you. Jesus loves you, and so do we!
10/5/2010 7:29:43 AM
Mark United States
Mark
First thing I want to say to all the men and women recovering from wounds and injuries - Welcome Home - You Will Not Be Forgotten.  Thank you for stepping into harms way and being will to take one for those back home.  I have been there done that and I understand your commitment to Duty, God and Country.  There is something special inside each and everyone of you that no one explain or even name but thank you for your sacrifice.  Prayers flow out for you as you are in your healing process.  Again, Thank you, remember, God's got your back!
Sgt Mark Brown, USA, 1Mar1967 - 1 Dec1970
10/5/2010 2:22:50 PM
debbie United States
debbie
I am a preschool teacher and on 911 my class was reciting our pledge to the flag when my director let us know what was happening to the Twin Towers. That was years ago but everyday when we give our aliegence to America I think about the freedom that we have because of men and women who love our country and its people enough to die for them. I make sure that my class understands what the pledge words mean and how blessed we are to live here. I want them to grow up knowing your sacrifices. Thank you so much
10/5/2010 2:35:15 PM
Chris Epperson United States
Chris Epperson
I have been in the Army for 22 years now had a couple of deployments and I must say that coming home is the best. I do miss my family and there is no place like home. The song that you played this afternoon "coming home" and your comment was right on. Thank you for show it great. SFC Epperson
10/5/2010 5:30:23 PM
Sheri United States
Sheri
To all the men and women who are and have taken care of our country and of us,
I do not have the words to say how much we THANK YOU. I could never imagine the hard work you do. Your mind and body constantly working to keep us safe. Thanks!!!!! Remember that God is your protector. He is constantly taking care of you. Blessings to all or you!! THANK YOU again and again!!
10/5/2010 7:29:33 PM
Evan Mead United States
Evan Mead
I served in The Marines from 90 to 95, for a simple love of my Country and the people that reside here and a desire to give something back to a country that affords me so many freedoms that I hold dear. It's actualy our way of saying Thanks to you America, to all those who went before us and will come after us and keep this nation free, and one nation under God. So to be given heart felt thanks from you ontop of all that is like icing on the cake. All Glory to our Father, and Semper Fi.
10/5/2010 7:53:38 PM
Judy Territt United States
Judy Territt
I wanted to say thank you to our men and women that are serving our country.  You sacrifice so much for our freedom.  My prayers and thoughts are with you everyday.  May the Lord protect you and watch over you.  I pray for your safety.  I pray for your family that they will remain strong, as well as safe in this war and deployment.

Thank you again for all that you do, and your family!

In Christ,

A daughter, and mom of a service member!
10/6/2010 6:57:03 AM
Sherrie United States
Sherrie
Hi all,

Another way to support our active troops is to go to http://anysoldier.com/ and pick a couple soldiers to send cards or care packages to.  They seem to really appreciate just about anything that smacks of home. Holidays are coming.  It is a good time to gather friends together, and instead of exchanging gifts, send a soldier a box for Jesus' birthday!  Any soldier can also use direct donations to offset their administrative costs, too.

God bless you all!
10/6/2010 4:04:22 PM
Joelle Niedecken United States
Joelle Niedecken
I had a chance this weekend to spend time with a retired serviceman from the Navy.  It was a priviledge, and I thanked him a a few different times for serving for us.  I don't say that to pat myself on the back, but on the contrary, it is a reminder that it's another thing that I need to take more time to do regularly and to be more thankful for our military.  He was a very nice gentleman, and he even said he enjoyed it, was thankful, and if he hadn't have been in the military, he wouldn't have met his wife and had his kids.

I thank the Lord for him and all of our military!!!!!!! :o)  I pray for their protection, wisdom, guidance, and their peace.  In Jesus' Name
10/6/2010 5:47:32 PM
Sasha Mahoney United States
Sasha Mahoney
I want to thank all of our service men and women.  As a police officer, I know what it is like to work tirelessly with no thanks.  It doesn't take much, but when someone acknowledges those who serve, it means so much.  However, at least I get to go home every night.

Thank you for standing for us.  Thanks to your families for allowing you to stand. My prayers are with you and you are not far from my thoughts daily.  God Bless you!
10/7/2010 11:59:36 AM
Janet Reynolds United States
Janet Reynolds
My husband and I actually LIVED at the Fisher House in San Antonio for nearly 2 months. There were/are others that have been there much longer. The Fisher House provided us with a "home away from home" and we are so very thankful for that. It's location allowed us to be right there at Brooke Army Medical Center for his appts, therapy, and any emergencies that came up.

The building, inside and out, is fantastic. There is a beautiful play area and equipment for when our kids were there to visit us. There are constantly sponsors coming in and out to provide meals, gift cards, toiletries, gifts, etc for the families staying there. We met so many wonderful people, wounded and volunteering, during our stay. Some are still there.

I would like to encourage everyone to donate to the Fisher House and other organizations that support the wounded warriors. These places do so much for the soldiers and families, but they need the support from Americans to continue to do those things. Sadly, as time goes on, the donations have decreased and/or stopped. These men and women are continuing to come home injured. And regardless of how much media attention that may get, it's happening and those wounded warriors will need (and continue to) all the support they can get.

Thank you, Fisher House, for being there for my husband. We are forever greatful to your organization and all you did for us during our stay.
10/7/2010 4:20:16 PM
Sharline Senters United States
Sharline Senters
I wanted to take a minute to say thanks to all of our service men and women , to thank them for all of the sacrifices they have made for our country, even people they have never even met they have chosen to protect them. I thank God for there bravery,courage and love. I can not find words to express my gratitude, the only thing I can say is THANK YOU, I pray that God keeps you and guides your every step, that his light shines upon you. God Bless You and Your Family.   (Thank You)!!!!

10/7/2010 5:08:59 PM
Ann Porterfield United States
Ann Porterfield
My prayers for and thank yous to the service men and women who are fighting and giving me the opportunity to live as a free woman in a free country.  To work in public, own my home and walk down the street equally with the men and women around me.

IHS, Ann Porterfield
10/7/2010 5:23:33 PM
Brandy United States
Brandy
I am so thankful for what our troops sacrifice for our country and fellow Americans. Everyday, they give up their time, blood, sweat, and tears to serve for our country and stand up for our freedoms. If I could only give something to them in return more than a thank you...

God Bless our troops and their families.  Thank you so much for all that you do!  You are appreciated and are never forgotten!
10/7/2010 5:43:06 PM
Jeanene Burns United States
Jeanene Burns
Dear Solider,

How very little the words thank you can express gratitude with all that you have given.

First, I want you to know that you and your family are included in my prayers on a daily basis along with prayers over the daily sacrifices that you make.

Second is a personal thank you for following God's call on your life to be a Great Warrior.  There are many fine examples in the Bible of Great Warriors:  Samson, Deborah, Esther, Gideon, and David to name a few, so you are in great company.

Third is a bible verse.  "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends (John 15:13)".

Though you do not know me personally and we will probably never meet this side of heaven, I know that we are already friends.  It is a humbling experience to know that someone would willing put themselves in harms way and if necessary sacrifice their life for mine.  I thank you for your willingness to be a Great Warrior and a friend.

May God continue to guide, strengthen, and direct your steps.

10/7/2010 5:58:40 PM
Carlie Bellamy United States
Carlie Bellamy
I spent 4 years in the USAF as a mechanic on B52 bombers from June 62 to June 66. I have 8 other brothers and they have all spent time in the armed forces, one retired with 22 years in the USAF. So I am very familiar with what it's all about. I'm proud to have served, and I respect any and all who are serving or have served. My sincere thanks to those serving now and especially those in foreign countraies today. I hope we all understand freedom is not free or handed to us on a platter. THANKS THANKS THANKS
10/7/2010 6:35:31 PM
hannah stevens United States
hannah stevens
i just wanted to say thank you to all of the branches of the military. when i was younger i had no idea why anyone would want to risk their lives for our country, but as i got older i realized that without those brave souls we wouldn't have the freedoms that we have today. in school we've often watched things about the military but i suppose no one really knows the challenges that they face and the heartakes that the soldiers face everyday. so again thank you to all of the soldiers that have risked their lives for people like me.Smile
10/7/2010 6:54:56 PM
Judy May United States
Judy May
It seems so inadequate to just say thank-you for all that you do. My father-in-law once said to me that freedom was not free because servicemen and women have given their lifes for us to have the freedoms that we do.I will pray for you and your families. May God bless you all!!
10/8/2010 9:38:19 AM
Deb United States
Deb
Thank you to all service men and women and families. Thank you for answering the call. I know it is not easy for families to be apart, but know you are greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOD BLESS YOU1
10/8/2010 1:04:24 PM
Amanda S. United States
Amanda S.
Dear Kelli & Scott,

I just wanted to thank you for recognizing our troops.  Listening to your powerful words about how much they sacrifice for us brought tears to my eyes.  I have been with the love of my life, Steve, for 3 years and have stuck by him through his enlistment into the Army.  He lives in Texas and I am in Kentucky. We plan on getting married when he commissions as an officer in a couple years.  The distance has been getting the best of us lately and I begin to wonder if I would be able to handle life as a military wife. I prayed about it and came to the conclusion that I must do my part to serve this great nation by supporting the man who fights for it.  May God always watch over our troops at home and overseas and may they find comfort in His awesome love.   God Bless our troops and God Bless America.
11/11/2010 2:19:09 PM
Randall W. Osburn United States
Randall W. Osburn
My father, two brothers and I have served in the Military. Myself and one brother have retired from the Army and my youngest brother is soon to retire. My dad was so proud of us 3 and we were equally pround of him. We have a hometown festival in town each spring and dad will always march in the parade and if us sons were in town he would ask us to march with him. His last parade all of us marched. I have that picture sitting beside me. My father served in the Korean War. He slept in the fox holes and two man tents thru rain and snow, winter and summer.  Most of his Military carreer was spent on the front lines. My dad has joined another Army now with God in charge.  The humbleness of his heart and his gentle ways taught me at a young age of what a true Soldier is. He also taught us that even the brave shed tears.  I remember this even today at 50 years old when I hear TAPS. No matter how hard I try the tears still come. I miss my dad and someday will join him in Gods Army.  Thank you KLove for allowing me to express myself.  And to All who have served or are serving now:   BE STRONG; BE BRAVE; AND DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHED A TEAR. God Bless.  ...randy
11/11/2010 4:22:31 PM
Mary Wells United States
Mary Wells
I'd first like to thank all of our military men and women serving our country in active duty. including our son Kenneth A. Wells (Kenny) in the U.S. Navy aboard the USS Buckley.  We are very proud of him and his family, as they share a part of their lives everyday & their NAVY and MARINE families who serve us with their quick response & their bravery.  I'd like to honor them along with every veteran who fought to keep our country FREE.  My dad served in World War II in the U.S.NAVY, my brother in the U.S. ARMY, also my two brother-in-laws U.S. ARMY, & my husband, two nephews in the U.S. AIR FORCE along with many friends.  Here's a big shout out for all of you in Norfolk,Va. & around this great country of ours &in the seas, foreign lands and every wild blue yonder. I thank God for all of you and the freedom you still fight for our red, white and blue stars & stripes flying high.  Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!  Seems like such a small appreciation for all you do & have done.  God bless our U.S.A.
Ice cream truck for dogs?!
Jul 23 2010

Ice cream truck for dogs?!

The world's first ice cream truck for dogs opens for business this weekend. Some of the "canine-friendly flavors" include "Dog Eat Hog World" and "Canine Cookie Crunch!" What do you think? Would you visit the ice cream truck for your dog?

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (12) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

7/19/2010 10:40:09 AM
Rhonda United States
Rhonda
Absolutely. I spoil my dog and I'm sure it's better for them than regular ice cream. Whatever I eat, I save a bite and give it to him when I'm done eating. He LOVES ice cream. His eyes get big as saucers and he looks like he's on drugs when I save him a couple bites of ice cream & let him lick the bowl, rofl. (For those saying gross: soap does clean the bowls, lol). It's probably his favorite food by the way he acts.
7/19/2010 10:50:03 AM
Heather clapp United States
Heather clapp
I totally would! We have a dog store in Shreveport Louisiana that has dog yogurt! My 2 dachshunds LOVE it! They have flavor like apple/cheddar, peanutbutter/banana, and papaya. Ofcourse they don't get it everyday but like once a week maybe. My "children" are VERY spoiled but I couldn't live without them!
7/19/2010 10:54:38 AM
BRIAN United States
BRIAN
I don't have dogs but I mad ceramic dog dishes
I pold weeds for dogs. the Dog i do this are spoled. so I geuss why not ice cream!
7/19/2010 11:12:08 AM
Rene United States
Rene
Yes, definately. But they need to have ice cream for me too. Rocky Road & Jamoca Almond Fudge.
7/19/2010 12:04:24 PM
Mary Ellen Keith United States
Mary Ellen Keith
Yes, most definatey. But I agree they should sell ice cream for doge at your local ice cream store. Then when you buy ice cream for yoursel then you can buy one for your "child with fur".
7/19/2010 1:40:12 PM
Leandra United States
Leandra
That is so ridiculous.....
7/19/2010 1:51:15 PM
Bryhan Cumings United States
Bryhan Cumings
Yeah, I totally would, because my dogs are like another member of the family and I would want to treat them equally.
7/19/2010 2:00:58 PM
Nena Twedell United States
Nena Twedell
Absolutely, If have the extra money, and I have ice cream why not?! Grunt,my pit bull, is soo spoiled he would absolutely love it. He tries to eat mine all the time.Its almost like having him sleeping in your bed, or something. guilty as charged of spoiling my puppy!
7/19/2010 2:03:52 PM
Rhonda United States
Rhonda
Just imagine a life of eating the same dog food every day, morning-noon-night, 7 days a week for xx number of years! Dogs need a variety too. Talk about a boring existance. I would go insane but they keep on loving us, like nothing is wrong.

They did a study that showed dogs eating the same food like that all the time have a higher increase for developing allergies. They really should eat HEALTHY adult food like we should (fruits, veggies, lean meats, etc) but who can really afford that? I "hope" to be able to switch over to real food for my pets within year.
7/19/2010 2:07:13 PM
Ronnie United States
Ronnie
What a fun idea. Another way to spend quality time with your loved pet. It's sad when we can't take a moment to ENJOY life. If money is tight, give that worry to God and enjoy the life he has given us with another life God has given us to take care of. In addition to our Children and pets, I think God allows a little fun for us adults too. Eat ice cream, run in a part, and stop to smell that beautiful rose. Those are precious gifts from God.
7/19/2010 7:13:33 PM
Tammy Willson United States
Tammy Willson
Until recently I would have said absolutely not but my dog suffered from an illness this spring that cost us a lot of money. Every time she ate dog food no matter the brand she got sick and I was up many nights with her. Every time the fee was $100 or more so we stopped feeding her dog food and now I get up every morning and cook her 2 eggs, a slice of toast, and a piece of fruit as well as her cheese. At dinner I fix her some chicken and rice and through in some sort of veggie to go with it. This has in fact cut the cost of dog food out though. So yeah I would probably buy her an ice cream at a truck. Although she think treats are plain ice cubes from the freezer.
7/24/2010 1:38:53 PM
Rebecca United States
Rebecca
THAT IS SOOOOOO STUPID! Dogs DO NOT need ice cream!!!!! It might make them sickFrownFrownFrown