Jul 29 2010

Money saving tips for back to school shopping

Our guest today is Ellie Kay, America's Family Financial Expert. She's got some great ideas for saving money on back to school shopping! Maybe you've got something that's worked for you? Share it here!
Get Ellie Kay's tips here: Back to School savings
If you missed any of Ellie Kay on air, listen below:
Categories: Ellie Kay
Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (10) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

7/17/2010 7:32:28 AM
trudy United States
trudy
you were talking about back to school deals... staples and office max will rebate 100 percent on backbacks this week... you can get 2 at office max and 1 at staples.. you put the money out first but get 100 percent
7/17/2010 8:05:06 AM
Rachel United States
Rachel
2-pocket folders are 9 cents each at Walgreens this week.  Menards has backpacks for 99 cents after $5.00 mail-in rebate, limit 6, and also several other great deals on school supplies, some are free after rebate, some are just an awesome deal after rebate, very cheap.  K-Mart also has great specials on things like filler paper, crayons, colored pencils, pens, glue, highlighters, scissors, index cards, mechanical pencils, etc.  Also, since there are still a few weeks left in the summer for rummage/garage sales, don't overlook those as possible sources to find awesome deals for school supplies.  Also try Freecycle: www.freecycle.org to find a group in your local area.
7/17/2010 1:17:24 PM
Coral United States
Coral
Did you know that you don't have to pay for school uniforms? It is infact unconstitutional to require the purchase of anything for public school. If your school requires a uniform remind them of the tederal law and demand that they pay foe them.
7/17/2010 2:16:29 PM
Chris Adams United States
Chris Adams
Does anyone know the websites she mentioned on the radio?  I was driving.
7/17/2010 2:18:51 PM
magon United States
magon
WHAT!!! I DONT HAVE TO PAY FOR SCHOOL UNIFORMS??? ..OK I HAVE GOT TO KNOW HOW I CAN GET THERE SCHOOL TO PAY FOR THEM  ...i have two kids who go to a school that reqiures school uniforms...they play hard and have to have lots of school pants and shirts....if i can save any money on those it would be a blessing...PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!
7/17/2010 10:53:58 PM
April United States
April
I also was driving when the websites were mentioned.  I thought Kelli said we could find the sites on Ellie Kay website...but I haven't had any luck finding them.  Help! Thanks
7/18/2010 2:12:29 PM
Marlene United States
Marlene
I know one of the websites she was talking about was retailmenot.com, and couponmom.com, i can't remember what the other one was and that was the one i was looking for too.
7/18/2010 3:03:42 PM
Diane United States
Diane
I keep clicking on the link for the back to school saving tips and it just takes me to a page that advertises for her books, CDs, et cetera ... is there a link on that page for the tips because I can't find it . . . thanks
7/18/2010 6:15:35 PM
Cheryl United States
Cheryl
one was ebates.com
7/20/2010 1:21:37 AM
Brittany United States
Brittany
If possible I always shop a year in advance. I buy all the school supplies on clearance and then just save them for the next year. It works wonders and there is no stress about getting things last minute. Smile