Aug 31 2012

Robin Roberts Mother Passes Away at 88

Mother of 'Good Morning America' anchor Robin Roberts dies at 88. TODAY

Please join us in praying for Robin Roberts and her family.

These are tough days for Robin Roberts. The "Good Morning America" anchor's mother, Lucimarian Tolliver Roberts, died Thursday at the age of 88, her co-anchor George Stephanopoulos announced on the show Friday.

The sad news follows Roberts' announcement that she will be taking a medical leave to undergo a bone-marrow transplant after being diagnosed earlier this year with myelodysplastic syndrome, a disease of the blood and bone marrow.

The 51-year-old had originally planned to start her leave after today's show but announced Thursday that she'd begin it a day early so she could fly home to Mississippi to be with her ailing mother.

On the show Friday, Stephanopoulos said that Robin "wanted to get home a little early to say goodbye to her mom. She made it home just in time."

He also described Lucimarian as "a woman filled with so much joy."

(Read full story)

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (2) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
Aug 31 2012

Wink At The Moon, In Honor of Neil Armstrong

Blue moon on same day as Neil Armstrong service. USA TODAY

There's a rare blue moon tonight, a fitting wink to Neil Armstrong by the cosmic calendar.

Today is the day of a private service for Armstrong, the first man to walk on the moon, who died last Saturday in Ohio at age 82.

A blue moon occurs when there's a second full moon in one calendar month. It won't happen again until July 2015. The full moon cycle is 29.5 days so a blue moon is uncommon and has come to mean something rare. The moon actually won't be colored blue.

Armstrong's family has suggested paying tribute to him by looking at the moon and giving the astronaut a wink. (Read full story)

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (0) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
Aug 31 2012

Colorado 9th Grader Saves 17 Studens

Colo. 9th grader steers school bus to safety. CBS News

A Colorado 9th grader helped steer his school bus to safety after a bus driver fell from his seat and got stuck, leaving the wheel unattended.

Jeremy Rice, 14, told CBS Denver affiliate KKTV that the driver was knocked out of his chair after taking a sharp right turn mid-route in Colorado Springs Thursday morning.

"While we started turning he hit the curb and he fell out and he got stuck and he was asking everyone to help," Rice said.

(Read full story)

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (1) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
High Heels... Yes or No???
Aug 02 2010

High Heels... Yes or No???

Kelli is wearing screaming high heels today. Brought up the poll question: high heels...yes or no?!
Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (58) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

7/29/2010 11:31:36 AM
Beverly United States
Beverly
Absolutely YES!!!! There is nothing more empowering than heels. It is worth the pain.
7/29/2010 11:32:07 AM
Kitty Sexton United States
Kitty Sexton
High Heels; NO! Life is too short to wear high heels, panty hose and dresses!
7/29/2010 11:32:47 AM
Diana United States
Diana
LOVE the shoes! Although they don't look very comfy. A little less slope and they would be perfect. Nicely done Kelli.

d.
7/29/2010 4:33:04 PM
Jordan United States
Jordan
SHYEAH! I love heelsSmile They go with anything and instantly add class to any outfit!

-jo
7/29/2010 4:33:51 PM
Heather United States
Heather
LOVE the shoes! I'm 5'10" and wear heels all the time.  The higher, the better!!! I generally wear 4-5" heels or shoes with platforms, and just recently acquired a 6" pair!!! Smile You go, Kelli!
7/29/2010 4:34:31 PM
Dallas United States
Dallas
I absolutely LOVE high heels, the higher the better, I wear heels everyday, even to the grocery store, my fiance wants me to tone it down some so I need to find some flats that I actually like Smile I guess that is good so my feet wont be so torn up!
7/29/2010 4:35:03 PM
Darla United States
Darla
I would if I could but I can't!!
7/29/2010 4:35:34 PM
Susan United States
Susan
No way I'm going to be a slave to fashion.  Jesus set me free and I no longer live in bondage. Smile There's deliverance for that, Kelli!
7/29/2010 4:35:43 PM
Megan United States
Megan
I love how they look, but they're so painful to wear!!!
7/29/2010 4:36:42 PM
Todd Hawes United States
Todd Hawes
I would go with flats!  I read an article about why women who wear high heel shoes frequently have pain when wearing flat shoes.  Well, after a study, it was found that high heel wearing women have shorter achilles tendons.  The rest of the muscles (calf, etc) were very similar to women who wear flat shoes.  The solution:  lots of stretching solves the problem.
7/29/2010 4:37:27 PM
Brett United States
Brett
Scott & Kelli
The male gender will probably not go for this...but I'm all for a woman's happiness.  If she wants to wear heels....go for it!  Here's the money, credit card, etc....happy shopping.  God gave the male gender the ability to provide for  the significant of their lives.  You'll find if she's happy you'll be happy too!
7/29/2010 4:39:45 PM
Cindy United States
Cindy
Kelly,
High Heels are awesome! I totally understand why you got 3 pairs of black heels! All heels are not created equal and we must have options!  LOVE IT!!!!!!
7/29/2010 4:42:09 PM
Erin United States
Erin
I recently heard that studies have shown frequently wearing heels does damage to the wearer's legs. Seems like a 'duh' to me since it's so painful to wear most of them! Smile

Personally, I've worn them a few times, but unless I can find a pair that are actually comfy, forget it! I seriously don't have the time to bother, or care that much about what others think of my appearance.
7/29/2010 4:45:30 PM
LaNae United States
LaNae
Heels are awesome! Especially if there are a pair of flip flops in you hand bag and don't have to drive in them! If you have to drive, especially a 5 speed then skip the heels!!
7/29/2010 4:47:18 PM
Cindy United States
Cindy
I have long stated that high heels were designed by a man who was VERY ANGRY with women!!! No thank you.....flats, stylish ones, all the way, every day!!!  My feet thank me for loving them!
7/29/2010 4:49:48 PM
Karen Baker United States
Karen Baker
Thank the Lord that I have a sweetie that is 1/2 in shorter than me as I have always hated wearing heals. Heals make my feet hurt! Flats all the way for me!
7/29/2010 5:05:27 PM
Leandra United States
Leandra
YES!! I LOVE, LOVE HIGH HEALS!!!  They are so awesome!
7/29/2010 5:54:10 PM
Jeremy Lawson United States
Jeremy Lawson
i just heard about the studdering musition. well i wanted to let you know that i also studder and i fell that the lord is calling me to the musical ministery. thank you for everything you are doing
7/29/2010 6:16:20 PM
Rhonda United States
Rhonda
Absolutely NOT! Will not wear them unless they are 1/2" or shorter. I'm a gym shoe person. I don't even like dressing up. It's not comfortable. I have to wear casual clothes to work...so I keep them as casual as possible and wear my gym shoes!

My feet have to last me until I die. I don't want to have painful feet issues as I age because I thought I needed to wear high heels...Not worth it at all.
7/29/2010 6:38:22 PM
Isela United States
Isela
Love your shoes. If I could wear high heels every day I would. My husband and kids tell me i don't need all the high heels in my closet. I believe i do. My 3 year old daughter's eyes sparkle from excitement when I get a new pair. She always has to try them on first.
7/29/2010 6:50:06 PM
EVERETT United States
EVERETT
I THINK HIGH HEELS RULE IT ADDS TO THE ALL AROUND ELLEGANCE OF THE OUTFIT
7/29/2010 6:55:40 PM
Jessica United States
Jessica
I think Heals are fun. they are nice for professional occupations or special occasions. It make a women feel a bit more powerful then we already are. Plus where is the negative of having a happy feeling when your wearing them? heck women have daintier feet then men so we can pull them off.
7/29/2010 6:56:00 PM
Pamela United States
Pamela
NO way r my feet going anywhere near them. I don't wMt to lose my toes or feet.
7/29/2010 11:56:05 PM
Ernie Laughlin United States
Ernie Laughlin
Heels or no heels?  Definitely heels.  Otherwise we'd all look like those half-man - half-goat creatures you sometimes see in movies, prancing around on our toes like ballerinas.  Heels for me!
7/29/2010 11:56:26 PM
Hannah United States
Hannah
Eh....when i'm grown up i don't think i'll wear high heels they look like they hurt.....
7/29/2010 11:57:31 PM
Tami United States
Tami
High heels hurt my feet, but if you can wear them, you go girl!  I wish I could.  Frown  I'm more of a flip flop/tennis shoe person.  Smile
7/29/2010 11:58:41 PM
Susie United States
Susie
Kellie,

I absolutely LOVE your high heels! Beauty hurts... high heels may not be comfy, but if they are cute...who cares, right?! I think you are stylin'
7/29/2010 11:59:20 PM
Rebecca United States
Rebecca
Yes! You want to know why heels were invented? I heard that in the old, old days, when they still had chamber pots, they would toss the remains of the chamber pots out the front window/door. The streets became yucky, and some gentlemen invented the heel for the lady, so that she never soiled her feet walking in flats. How kind, so yes, heels, yes!
7/29/2010 11:59:28 PM
Janet Thimell United States
Janet Thimell
Her feet are one thing...I worry about her back down the road!!!  It ain't easy getting old, Kelli!  At least where sensible (and pretty) heels!
7/29/2010 11:59:34 PM
Fiona United States
Fiona
high heals are so cute! and i was told so many times that beauty is pain.. but, beauty isnt pain if you have dr. scholls  comfort padding for the heals Smile they are quite comfortable if when you get used to them! go get them
7/30/2010 12:00:06 AM
Teekey United States
Teekey
obviously!! I looove high heels!! they don't hurt at all! well, seeing as i am only 14, i have never worn the REALLY high heels, only about 1.5 inch...but those don't hurt! and they look good too! very sophisticad! they also make a short girl look, well that much taller!
7/30/2010 12:02:23 AM
Elizabeth United States
Elizabeth
High hills totally
i have a small collection of cute ones and well i plan for it to get bigger and bigger as my life goes on.

and they are so nice to well when i get the chance i were them, which is not much in A.K. because of all the ice in the winter.
7/30/2010 12:03:48 AM
joa United States
joa
No high heels.  It's all about comfort, not about looks.  Plus, it's so unhealthy for your feet.  And if you ask men, (spouse or spouse to be) they hate them.  And you can't walk.  We need to take care of our bodies in every way so we can smile and share the joy of Jesus!  No way can you do that when you are in pain and agony, stuffed into high heels!  Well, unless you can grin and bear it!  Smile  I say - stop concentrating on the outward appearance and be nice to your feet!  They will love you for it!
7/30/2010 12:08:12 AM
Krista United States
Krista
They sure beat the tactical boots I'm required to wear to work. Much more attractive. But a security guard in heels, now there is a thought!
7/30/2010 1:43:20 AM
Regina Rinker United States
Regina Rinker
High heels? No thank you!
Regina
7/30/2010 2:23:52 AM
Debbie James United States
Debbie James
Love the shoes but can't ware high hills.
DJ
7/30/2010 11:01:18 PM
Shyla United States
Shyla
I'm pretty lucky that God blessed me with height, along with being tall I also go big feet LOL! So I say no to heels and a total yes to my flip flops and Vans.
7/31/2010 7:06:35 AM
Stephen Foster United States
Stephen Foster
Well, after my wife has had one surgery to remove a Morton's Neuroma and is having shots in her other foot all from wearing high heels. Do you think she is wearing high heels now? You guessed it. She still wears them.
7/31/2010 9:16:45 AM
Claire United States
Claire
I really don't know! If they do not go with the outfit. Then I am not wearing them.
7/31/2010 4:37:17 PM
Emily N. United States
Emily N.
dont die Kelli dont die...Smile
8/1/2010 2:51:35 AM
Nancy United States
Nancy
Love the shoes!!! Would NEVER wear them. I'm too clumsy. Seriously, I would end up in the E.R.
8/1/2010 11:31:00 AM
Jenna United States
Jenna
The higher the heel the better the heel!  comfort is sometimes sacrificed; I am fairly tall, but that doesn't stop me.  They are pretty Smile
8/2/2010 3:23:27 AM
Kelly United States
Kelly
Yes, I like high heels. I don't wear them all the time but I do love wearing them. They make me feel better more attractive. Face it men like women who wear high heels. I am 5'0", so I definatly need the height advantage sometimes. No one looks at the frumpy short girl. Trust me I know. I have noticed that I don't get looked at the same way. My height is one of the reasons I am still single. Men want average to tall women. Not short women. It also helps in getting a job because looks matter in that department also.
8/3/2010 9:26:20 AM
Debbie United States
Debbie
Wanted to see the picture of your shoes, but couldn't find it.  Is it off your website already?

8/3/2010 10:17:28 PM
dAVE United States
dAVE
I just turn your station on the internet in the Topeka Kansas area and you people sound weird. God bless your outreach.
8/5/2010 6:08:41 AM
Carole United States
Carole
I take the middle of the road solution - midsize heels about 2" to 3" are perfect for me, no higher than 4" unless there is some cushion inside--I listen to what my feet are telling me!  And I hate walking in high heels but there are cute midsize ones, so I say compromise for your feet!  And they look cute too.  I have to agree that some kind of heel looks better with a dress outfit and they look nice dancing too!
8/6/2010 8:45:10 AM
Michele United States
Michele
Well, if you can DO, and if you can't DON'T that's what I say.  I like the looks of High Heels but they hurt my feet and  squeeze my toes, so I don't, but Hey if you can DO!
8/6/2010 3:16:59 PM
Rica from CO United States
Rica from CO
If I wasn't 6 feet tall, I'd totally love to wear high heels Smile
8/6/2010 5:43:12 PM
Carole United States
Carole
I like heels...but they don't have to be high heels. I prefer 2" to 3" and maybe 4" if the shoe has a little cushion to it inside.  I listen to my feet and I go for the comfort and the style!!!  I agree that with a dressy outfit or for dancing a little heel goes a long way to making the outfit.  I put my post up yesterday on this but it's gone--maybe I didn't save it!
8/8/2010 3:06:53 AM
Audrey Lake United States
Audrey Lake
I don't recommend high heels if you are going to sing.  They throw your posture out of whack.
1/31/2011 3:15:30 PM
Ray Hendrey United States
Ray Hendrey
Being a guy, I don't wear them, but I love how they look on my wife.
1/31/2011 3:26:59 PM
Estrella United States
Estrella
I'm all for wearing heels. When you're 5'1, you need all the help you can get! I like to wear them when I'm wearing a skirt. They make my legs look longer and improve my posture. I have a black pair cute and comfortable enough to wear all day.
1/31/2011 3:32:05 PM
hannah United States
hannah
really no i saw a woman at costo wearing heel so long it was the size of my hole dang foot! my feet are hurting now Frown
2/27/2011 8:46:03 AM
Hoshie Boshie United States
Hoshie Boshie
Since I was 3 I wear High Heels!!!!
they are awesome I am 11 and I wear really high heels and want higher

Hosanna
2/27/2011 9:27:18 AM
Cherry United States
Cherry
Hoshie Boshie- They may be cute but defintely NOT practical.

I just love my Converse. I have black, red and purple! I love them because they look vintage. I also love my Adidas running shoes. Im not a high hell perosn at all. I pretty short, but i like it. Its fun, and high heels hurt. who cares if you are 5'1 or 5'3. God loves you no matter what height you are.
2/27/2011 9:28:12 AM
Cherry United States
Cherry
Omgsh. I accidently put a bad word in my comment. Im soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry. i meant Heel. I put double l's instead of e's. I didnt mean to
3/25/2011 9:50:13 PM
Alexis United States
Alexis
Definetelly. High heels are the bomb. They may hurt, but they look nice, and you can get like anything imaginable. I love them, and if you get good ones they actually feel really good.
3/30/2011 2:22:07 PM
Laura United States
Laura
Nooooo way, not for me. I don't care what anyone says, I won't be a slave to an uncomfortable and impractical fashion trend. I don't need them to "feel good about myself" because that's what personality and brains and good work is for, not to mention God and family and friends. Plus the rest of me looks good already. And my personal fashion style is in my handmade jewelry which is also my business/work. Besides, I've already sprained my ankle once and it still bothers me sometimes, and my balance is not entirely good even in flats and athletic shoes. I can barely walk in heels or pointy-toed shoes, and if I had to run or jump out of the way of something I'd be in huge trouble. My life and health are worth more than that. And I don't even think they look that good, because shoes are supposed to be basically foot-shaped since they're meant for feet. No one has pointy feet unless they're missing four toes on each foot. Shoes are made for feet, not feet for shoes. I do not need more ankle and knee and headache problems than I already have.