Aug 02 2010

Thanks for making a difference today!

Happy Monday! :) What are you doing to make a difference today? Compliment a stranger, help a co-worker with his extra work-load, buy lunch for someone who is hungry...be creative! Share your ideas...what you've done and what others have done for you!
Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (7) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

7/27/2010 10:05:48 PM
Claire United States
Claire
Ok, I helped a lady shop. She had a lot of stuff. And, she couldn't handled it all. Everything just kept falling out.  I am only 11 years old. I listen to Klove everyday.
7/27/2010 10:36:05 PM
Angie United States
Angie
Hi Scott and Kelly
My daughter is a college student at Texas Tech University in Lubbock Texas.  She has always had a servant's heart, and stayed true to this as she progresses through college.  She and a large group of students are working with the Lubbock City Council to establish a homeless shelter in the city of Lubbock.  The group called Much Love serves meals and clothing every Saturday at the public libarary.  She loves interacting with those who don't have somewhere to lay their heads every night.  As she drives through town she makes note of each one that has touched her life and goes out of her way to make sure they have something to eat or drink.  I recently saw her and this group in action; they are all young college students with a passion to serve others.  Pray that the hearts of the Lubbock city council will be touched by this groups compassion for those in desperate need of shelter, food and understanding.  God bless you!  I love to listen to the afternoon show; you make me smile.
7/27/2010 10:39:19 PM
Jessica United States
Jessica
My husband and I actually had someone give a blessing to us. Last monday we had to take our 2 yr old son to the docter. We didnt have any cash on us for the $10 co-pay and had to bring it back later that day after we ran to the bank. After the check-up we told the nurse we would bring back by in just a few mins when she told us that another gentleman just paid it for us. So not to worry about it!! How awesome is God's timing?!?!?
7/27/2010 10:53:25 PM
Rebecca United States
Rebecca
I have a friend Mike C. who doesnt know how to say no.  He can be found supporting troops, Wounded Warriors, St. Judes(he lost his only child to cancer), Honor Flight Chicago, helping give a"Gold Star" daughter a birthday party she will never forget, Toys for Tots, Events to support the VFW are just the ones that come to mind.  I will yet again be with him this week as we welcome home our WWII from the Chicago area at Midway airport.  He has a heart that is huge and really doesnt ask for anything in return.  Mike not only makes a differance on Monday's but everyday of the week.
7/28/2010 7:52:18 AM
Karen Baker United States
Karen Baker
A few months ago I had new neighbors move in next door....a younger couple (John & Shannon) & their infant son. I noticed their lawn getting tall so I mowed their lawn not just that one time but a few times since. More recently they got a mower & I came home one day to find mine cut but not edged (they don't have an edger yet), so I edged mine & theirs as well & have edged theirs a few times since. I have also shared the bounty of my garden with them & hope to encourage Shannon to join MOPS (mothers of preschoolers). John even cleaned my gutters & I offered to pray for Shannon when she was hoping for a promotion (she didn't get it). I have invited them to church (although they have not visited yet) & I have heard a few yelling arguments at times so I pray for them. I've been tempted to put a copy of "The Love Dare" in their mailbox anonymously.
7/28/2010 1:27:39 PM
Batbara United States
Batbara
I have been thank the military personnel for sometime.  I have been thanking the veterans as I see their hats.  One gentleman had a korean hat (he was elderly( I thanked him and he turned and showed me WWII and Vietnam.  So, I thanked him 3 times.  He loved it.

Hats off to our vets!
7/30/2010 12:53:43 AM
Raul United States
Raul
I know without a doubt that I am making a difference sending some scriptures to some of my classsmates that graduated with me in 1980. they are Christians but are still blessed when I send them a scripture. I know I send each one not the scripture that I want but the one that the Lord tells me to share. The other day I sent one to a classmate and she told me that the scripture that I shared with her brought tears to her eyes and it touched her heart. I thank God for this opportunity he gives me about sharing His Word on Facebook with my classmates. She even told that she believed God sent me to minister to her. She told me thanks for sharing my faith everyday with her. It encouraged her so much. I'm beginning to think that God wants me to keep sharing His Word on Facebook to minister to others. Praise God!