Mar 16 2012

Happy 3:16 Day!

Share this with you friends and family.

Just a Spoonful of Cinnamon Makes the Internet Rounds. YAHOO!Finance

7 things you need to know to keep kids safe online. TODAY

Diane von Furstenberg designs children's collection for GapKids. TODAY

Girl Thrown Off Carnival Ride at Houston Rodeo in Texas, Survives (VIDEO). The MANILA PAPER

A girl was thrown off the carnival ride but survived. The little girl, only three years old, was apparently riding the Techno Jump carnival ride at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo in Texas without an adult when the accident happened

George Clooney released after arrest at Sudanese embassy. TODAY

Ex-NBA star returns to inner city, brings hoop dreams. CNN

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (1) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

3/16/2012 6:31:11 PM
Michael United States
Michael
Great Post - Happy to re-tweet

What's your nickname?
Aug 12 2010

What's your nickname?

We learned today from our friends in Hillsong, that nicknames are really popular in Australia. Sometimes nicknames can stick...even when we don't want them to! Scott was called "Chunk" in high school. Wow. Ever given a nickname you didn't want? Or an unusual one?

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (44) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

8/2/2010 4:59:47 PM
Kimberly United States
Kimberly
I was born with abcesses in both my ears which inhibited my hearing and speech.  I was basically mute and deaf until the age of 5.  Once my hearing was gifted to me from healing, I could hear the words spoken to me.  Once I went through two years of speech therapy, I began to speak.  Non-stop!  So, being the only girl with 3 brothers, my nickname became "Motor-mouth".  I am now 48 years old and my brothers still call me that nickname!  But it's okay, because I am extremely articulate and well-spoken I just have to say one thing to them to make them stop:  "MOM!"  LOL!
8/2/2010 5:04:21 PM
Barb United States
Barb
When I was about 3 years old, I watched a movie that made me CRY!!!  Being the youngest of 8 siblings, THEY all found it very funny.  The character I cried over was named Popino.  I've had that nickname every since.  Most of my family call me Pops (for short) instead of my real name.  Old time family friends even call me Pops.  In my twenties, I didn't like it much, but now in my 30s, I can appreciate the love behind it...LOL
8/2/2010 5:06:22 PM
Jaklyn Gutierrez United States
Jaklyn Gutierrez
hi Scott N kELLI its so awesome to come home and listen to klove when i need to,   i can never sleep w/out your station on  its like apart of me and my family  Smile)
8/2/2010 5:14:52 PM
Sue United States
Sue
I was young in the Johnny Cash era and lived in a small rural community. With my name being Sue, you can imagine the ribbing I got when the song "A Boy Named Sue" came out!!

8/2/2010 5:30:04 PM
Calvin Herron United States
Calvin Herron
Maybe not as bad as others I've heard, but stil a nickname... Calvin Klien
8/2/2010 5:40:44 PM
Dawn Kennedy United States
Dawn Kennedy
Hi Kellie and Scott, I do Home Care Nursing.  About 20 years ago I took care of a set of twins who were 8 months old.  As they learned how to speak, it was MaMa DaDa, and Dawn Dawn. Not only did the twins call me Dawn Dawn, the entire family did and they have three other siblings and friends.  I never had a nickname until then.  And 20 years later they still call me Dawn Dawn and they are in college.
8/2/2010 7:26:52 PM
Charlie United States
Charlie
I have a few nicknames, stalker, which i got by riding my bike passed my friends house when they were out (i was bored)then theres fruit loop, i have no idea why my friend calls me that... i also have Charlie, my friend parker calls me charlie because i requested him to, i like that name alot.
8/3/2010 3:13:20 AM
Patty Stuart United States
Patty Stuart
I was given the name Goat Farmer by my dad.  He was known for giving nick names and our dog had about 6! My brother still calls me Goat and I love it!  I reminds me of my dad, who is looking down on me every day from Heaven.
8/3/2010 7:28:19 PM
Hannah United States
Hannah
My nickname was givin to me by my whole family!
it's Hannahmac (my middle name is mackenzie)
and my uncle calls me Hannahbanana
8/4/2010 4:12:35 AM
milynn United States
milynn
i have the nickname lynnie.  all my family calls me lynnie. i dont even think i am ever called Milynn. Its so much used, i thought of being called lynnie through high school cause no one ever can say milynn (pronounced malin) right. But i didnt cause i didnt wanna get stuck with it all the waty through life.
My mom says that she called me lynnie even when i was not even born yet.
8/4/2010 4:16:00 AM
Morganne United States
Morganne
Well When i was younger I played soccer and this girl on my soccer team, her nickname was "Juice box" Well I came home and told my mom that my new nickname was "Juice box" Well she laughed. Told the family. My aunt calls me "Moe Juice box" or " JB" 0_o
8/4/2010 4:16:18 AM
Cindi United States
Cindi
I was the smallest of 4 but not the youngest. My Dad called me "Peanut". since then it has gone from Peanut to Peany-weany and it has now morphed into and I am now called "Weiner".  And yes, I do answer to it.  It makes people look everytime.  it's actually funny watching the reactions.  Too funny!
8/4/2010 4:16:27 AM
PJ United States
PJ
Girls can be really cruel; When I first moved to a new small town it was really hard. It was middle school, and it was days after I first started that I had rumors flying around about me, but I of course at that time had no idea. I came out of one of my classes and someone started yelling "Hey Frito"!!!! I had no idea what was going on...then many chimed in. Obviously they knew I had no idea, so then they said "Frito...Free-to-lay" (for the chips Frito Lay) Later found out from someone that they heard I did this or that with people I had never even heard of. I hated my life for a long time. It still affects me to hear that someone has said something about me or talked about me. I always want to defend myself....
8/4/2010 4:16:30 AM
Jeanne United States
Jeanne
My family nickname is Jeanne (pronounced g-knee) Beanie.  Didn't mind it as a kid, totally hated it as a teenager and in my twenties, tolerated it in my thirties and it's finally disappeared now that I'm in my forties.
8/4/2010 4:16:55 AM
sarah United States
sarah
i really don't know how it started, but know my mom an dad get a kick out of when they call me "snack shop". what! i don't know, but thats is just odd, lol
8/4/2010 4:17:23 AM
KATIE United States
KATIE
My brothers called me Thunder thighs. Oy
8/4/2010 4:17:36 AM
Joshua United States
Joshua
In high school I played football and one of the guys notoced I ran funny and I immediately adopted the nickname "Ducky" which stuck all through HA
The only reason they noticed is cuz I was the fastest an always in front!
8/4/2010 4:17:43 AM
diane United States
diane
when i was in junior high my mom bought me this really cute t-shirt that said "i'm not fat, i'm just fluffy" i thought it was funny because i had been heavy and i was ok with that. well, i wore that shirt and my circle of friends started to call me "fluffy". it soon caught on like wild fire. i never wore that shirt again, and to this day my husband and i will run into old school mates and they are like "hey fluffy!!" it's priceless to see the confused expression on my husband's face.
8/4/2010 4:20:26 AM
Eric Reed United States
Eric Reed
two words. CHICKEN MAN. enough said
8/4/2010 4:21:52 AM
Shawnde United States
Shawnde
All through school I had very long hair. The summer before my senior year I cut it very short. When I showed up for choir camp before school started everyone said my hair looked like a chiapet. So, Chia became my name all through my senior year and still by some of my old high school buddies.
8/4/2010 4:22:12 AM
Stephanie Triplett United States
Stephanie Triplett
Growing up I had a few wonderful nicknames.. Since my name is Stephanie i was called Step on Me and my maiden name was Hogue and I was called Stephanie Hog U, the next name I never understood but my step dad still to this day calls me Beaner why noone knows but the funny thing is I respond to it..
8/4/2010 4:22:18 AM
Jean Heimowitz United States
Jean Heimowitz
Hi Scott & kelli! Really love Klove!
Because my name is Jeannie and it rhymes with wienie...it becomes my nick name to people I meet for the first time. They will say "Jeannie, like Jeannie wienie"and of course I would have to say
"none other." I still get called Wiener from a friend who was in my wedding party, and when i took my 3 teenage kids to meet her last year she, as always, called me "Wiener". They laughed so hard but then they even began to call me Wiener. I had to ask them to stop and give me back the nick name they gave me 20yrs ago "MOM!" i love that one!!!
8/4/2010 4:23:01 AM
Hannah Phillips United States
Hannah Phillips
Well I have been named Hannahbanana. Which drove me insane!!!! Frown And in 7th grade my math teacher called me iley Cyrus because there was 2 Hannahs in my class!!! Smile In 8th grade i was called Braces because my english teacher never had braces but wanted them.

Luv u guys!!!!
8/4/2010 4:23:19 AM
Joelle United States
Joelle
My name is Joelle, but my friend decided that it just didn't sound quite right- and so dubbed me "Purell"! .... I've never been more embarrassed in my entire life! Thank goodness, so far the name hasn't caught on- let's hope it stays that way!
8/4/2010 4:25:03 AM
Debbie United States
Debbie
I earned the nickname Bionic Lips in high school because of my flute playing, and it stuck all the way through college.  Fast forward about 25 years to when some of those friends resurfaced on FB, and shazzam, the nickname resurfaced there too, several times... each time another friend reconnects, its the first thing to come up!
8/4/2010 4:26:45 AM
Robert Michael Walters United States
Robert Michael Walters
Growing up in the South (born in VA., raised in Memphis) I was called Bobby Mike until I was five. I rebelled at dinner and demanded everyone call me Michael instead as, "I wasn't no Redneck!".

Now at 47 I find myself using BobbyMike again. I guess I don't mind being a Redneck anymore ;)
8/4/2010 4:26:48 AM
Alan United States
Alan
My mom and dad called me Bo Squidler. I was ok with the Bo part but hated the Squidler par. My sister's name is Susan and her nickname growing up was stinkpot and stinky, called that by my dad mostly, and my mom.   My parents are passed away and so goes our nicknames. Smile
8/4/2010 4:29:35 AM
Karen United States
Karen
Our son's name is Seth.  For some reason, as I was waking him up one morning when he was little, I called him Seffer-deffer-doosle-dorf.  I have no idea where that came from, but it stuck.  He hates to be called that...so I still use it when he won't get out of bed!
8/4/2010 4:30:57 AM
melinda United States
melinda
I have the worst that still to this day gets on my last black nerve!!  I was in grade school in the 70's-early 80's and in the black community one of the favorite shows was Good Times.  I was chunky too (solidarity Scott) and well endowed for someone my age.  JJ had a well endowed girlfriend named Belinda who he affectionly call BOOM BOOM Belinda. He even had a "dance" for her.  Well, guess who was called "Boom Boom Belinda", (especialy when running or in jym).  the boys just loved to do it along with the dance.  however, it ended when i gave one of them a "boom" in his right eye, then the name changed to Rocky!  Till this day, the story of the day on the playground is still told by old friends when we get together, including the boy who got the "boom".
8/4/2010 4:43:22 AM
Ethan United States
Ethan
i hate My nickname E.D. Petdy. My step mom always called me that..... Bluh lol.
8/4/2010 4:57:33 AM
christy United States
christy
My older brother still calls me "pigiron", only he has ever called me that.  My husband tried calling me that several years ago and I was shocked he did. It just didn't have that same funny endearment feeling from him, it felt like he was calling me fat. So has hasn't called me thst again. The boys in my youth group called me "Afro Thunder" from a wresting personality on a video game due to my frizzy hair.
8/4/2010 10:12:47 AM
diane United States
diane
my dad called me puddin' when i was little. he is in heaven now and i would love to hear him call me that at least one more time
8/4/2010 10:59:25 AM
charla United States
charla
When I was little me and my sister loved to watch the old Flinstones cartoons.  My dad thought that it would be great fun to call me Fred and my sister Barney.  Needless to say he still will sometimes refer to us as Fred & Barney.
8/4/2010 10:07:25 PM
Kristie United States
Kristie
I was in junior high at basketball practice when I was given the nickname that would haunt me for years. I being very tall (topping out at 6'1) for my age and not a toothpick.. I was given the nickname Biggin'! I hated it! You just don't do that to a teenager, especially during her most vulnerable years. I eventually outgrew that name..thank goodness!!
8/5/2010 10:33:43 PM
Rebecca United States
Rebecca
Most people call me "Beck" or "Becca". One of the more annoying ones my bro gave me was "Darth Vader". Not funny Rob!
8/6/2010 6:45:31 AM
Eddie III United States
Eddie III
Scott and Kelli,
In middle school while I was playing football one of my coaches told me he was watching Terminator 3, also known as T3. Since then I haven't been able to shake the nickname E3.
8/6/2010 6:51:27 AM
Elodie United States
Elodie
My first name Elodie. It is said just like "Melodie" without the "M". My little brother couldn't say my name correctly and it came out sounding more like "Odie". I had some friends over and they noticed and it stuck! I was in 4th grade then, so it stuck with me through highschool. The thing I hated most was the boys would bark at me to make fun of me.
8/6/2010 6:52:27 AM
Charles Walker United States
Charles Walker
my nickname was Forrest Gump because when i was a little kid i used to run like him now they just call me Gump
8/6/2010 7:20:05 AM
Erica United States
Erica
The story goes that my grandpa couldn't say Erica very well when I was born, so my nickname became...Icky! (My mom would make it even worse by calling me Icky poo) It stayed mostly in the family until I was older, thank goodness.  When I was in college I worked at the factory my dad worked at and it caught on there and was even put on my hard hat.  By then, it didn't mortify me as much and I occasionally still get called that by some of my good friends.
8/6/2010 1:17:47 PM
Shannon United States
Shannon
Our dog's name is Mr. Rumson and when my dad comes home from work, he goes running to say hi to him. My dad would say "Hi Mr. Rumson!" And when i would go to say hi to my dad, right after our dog, he would say, "Hi Mrs. Rumson!" So then he started calling me Mrs. Rumson.
8/6/2010 4:57:55 PM
Emily United States
Emily
When my brother and I were little, he couldnt pronounce my middle name, which is Victoria. so I became Emily Bacteria. and my mother felt the need to mention it in front of my friends, so the name has lived on for many years.
8/8/2010 9:15:55 PM
Emily B United States
Emily B
My name is Emily and my brother was 1 1/2 when I was born and he couldn't say Emily, so I for years was "Ninny" My brother finally stopped, but my Grandmother still calls me "Ninny Penny" almost 17 years later.
8/8/2010 9:27:30 PM
Faith United States
Faith
I babysat a little boy who tried to say my name and,"Hammy" came out, It has evolved to Hammer, and Hamster, and yeah... I do respond. lol I was also called Meme, and my family watched Jungle to Jungle for the first time and the kids name was Meme sicu and my Dad started calling me meme poopoo, in front of my friends! lol I don't really like that one. haha
8/10/2010 7:52:55 PM
Kimberly United States
Kimberly
I have to share this one:  very good friends of ours have four children.  The youngest's name is Genevieve Rose.  #3 couldn't get her tongue around it and one day it came out as "Genny Beef Roast".  Ginny is now 3 1/2 years old and is usually called "Beef Roast" by one and all in her family and their circle of friends!