Aug 13 2010

Daddy's Poem

Scott shared a poem today that had us all in tears! Once again, we are reminded of how grateful we are to our servicemen and women and their families! Thank you SO much for serving our country! Here's the poem: http://www.positivethoughts.com/dadspoem.htm

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (8) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

8/5/2010 4:07:54 AM
becky United States
becky
Is it possible to get hold of the poem about the young girl and her father at school?
8/5/2010 1:31:35 PM
Lloyd A. Sanders United States
Lloyd A. Sanders
I would like to know whose permission I would need to share this with my fellow brats on militarybrats.com
8/5/2010 1:44:22 PM
Lisa Seegers United States
Lisa Seegers
Today was my daughter Karen's 12th B'day. David, her Dad passed away 8 yrs ago. A strange thing happened today, we kept being delayed as I was trying to get ready for her party. Work was difficult and I was not able to leave early as I ah\\had planned. Then an order of chicken supposed to be ready @ 5pm, was told 25 min later, was to pick up camera for Karen, store couldn't find it, leave store had to reroute, an accident, start on our way, rain so hard can't see, pull over....radio begins to read this poem. My daughter believes her Dad wanted to hear this poem for her Birthday. He also was a fireman, but did not die in the same manner. I believe God wanted us to hear the message of this poem and make my little girls day. From now on I will give her pink roses on her Birthday, to remind her of her Dad and how much he loved her!!! Thank you for reading this poem, you never know how much meaning some things give others. Lisa
8/5/2010 2:51:26 PM
Leland Hopkins United States
Leland Hopkins
Thanks for sharing this Kelli.....I come from a family with a strong military heritage, so respect and admiration for our fighting men and women was instilled in me at an early age.  Unfortunately, all but one who posted Facebook comments failed to realize that this was written for the 343 FDNY firefighters who were lost on September 11, 2001.  And as many who have sacrificed their all, have been forgotten by the masses........
8/6/2010 3:03:08 PM
Hannah United States
Hannah
This made me cry in a happy way of course my dad didn't die but my sister did still the girl in the poem was so strong i  would've cried
8/6/2010 10:00:09 PM
Traci Jones United States
Traci Jones
What an awesome poem, when I heard this on K-Love I got tears in my eyes and my heart went out to this little girl for the strenght that God gave her for this special day.  I have copied it, so I can always look back at this when I'm feeling down and what she has been through in her short period of life.

God Bless
8/8/2010 3:35:12 AM
Nichole United States
Nichole
Thank you so much for sharing this touching story.  My 15 year old daughter and I were both moved to tears.  She was so moved by this that she will be repeating this for a public speaking contest in the year to come.  It was something that she feels need to be shared.  Thank you for touching our hearts and the hearts of many who listen to you.
11/18/2010 6:12:00 PM