Aug 20 2013

Swim Teacher with MS Inspires Thousands of Kids

MS hasn't stopped this swim teacher from making an impact.

Visit for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Stealth Snowmobile developed by Canadians.

Men with beards look almost 10 years older.

Etiquette tips for dining out with kids.

NYC runaway cab injures tourist.

Duchess Kate sets new fashion trend.

NFL under fire for new handbag ruling.

Visit for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

First Day of School Lessons we can all learn.

Mother's life saved by her daughters.

Snail emerges weeks after this boy cuts knee.

Mark Zuckerberg's Facebook page hacked to prove point.

Want a gold iPhone?

Autistic kids feel like rock stars when surfing!

Singing exercises can reduce snoring.

Categories: General
Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (0) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
Aug 20 2013

Scott Playing Takraw and the real impact of supporting a child

As we traverse the globe, our first stop has landed us in Bangkok, where, thanks to your votes, has given me the opportunity to meet Bic, a product of child sponsorship. He taught me, or at least tried to, how to play Takraw, a Thai game that is similar to the American game of "hacky-sac." We also got a chance to sit down with his family and learn about how the impact of World Vision's child sponsorships extends beyond just the life of the child. Learn how to sponsor a child and vote on my next adventure

Aug 19 2013

Soul Surfer, Bethany Hamilton Gets Married

When 13-year old Bethany Hamilton lost her arm in a shark attack off the coast of Hawaii, she could have turned bitter and rejected all that she knew of God. But, with a maturity not often seen in one so young, Bethany chose to cling even closer to Jesus and allow God to use her tragedy to show others that God is faithful.

She said "I have this thought every second of my life—Why me? Not negatively, like Why did this terrible thing happen to me? But more like "Why did God choose me and what does He have in mind for me?"

A few years ago, Scott and I had the privilege of meeting Bethany and chatting with her on the show.  I came away with the sense of a strong woman who is confident of who she is in Christ. She has allowed God to remind us that God will never leave us, or forsake us (Deut. 31:6). And, because she is willing to be used by God, we know that the hardest things we go through can be used to help others who are going through something tough.

So, congratulations to Bethany and her husband Adam! We are celebrating with them. Oh, and I love the fact that she chose to get married in the same spot that she was attacked 10 years ago. Talk about God bringing beauty from ashes?!

Bethany's life is a beautiful reminder of this truth: God is faithful.

Daddy's Poem
Aug 13 2010

Daddy's Poem

Scott shared a poem today that had us all in tears! Once again, we are reminded of how grateful we are to our servicemen and women and their families! Thank you SO much for serving our country! Here's the poem:

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (8) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

8/5/2010 4:07:54 AM
becky United States
Is it possible to get hold of the poem about the young girl and her father at school?
8/5/2010 1:31:35 PM
Lloyd A. Sanders United States
Lloyd A. Sanders
I would like to know whose permission I would need to share this with my fellow brats on
8/5/2010 1:44:22 PM
Lisa Seegers United States
Lisa Seegers
Today was my daughter Karen's 12th B'day. David, her Dad passed away 8 yrs ago. A strange thing happened today, we kept being delayed as I was trying to get ready for her party. Work was difficult and I was not able to leave early as I ah\\had planned. Then an order of chicken supposed to be ready @ 5pm, was told 25 min later, was to pick up camera for Karen, store couldn't find it, leave store had to reroute, an accident, start on our way, rain so hard can't see, pull begins to read this poem. My daughter believes her Dad wanted to hear this poem for her Birthday. He also was a fireman, but did not die in the same manner. I believe God wanted us to hear the message of this poem and make my little girls day. From now on I will give her pink roses on her Birthday, to remind her of her Dad and how much he loved her!!! Thank you for reading this poem, you never know how much meaning some things give others. Lisa
8/5/2010 2:51:26 PM
Leland Hopkins United States
Leland Hopkins
Thanks for sharing this Kelli.....I come from a family with a strong military heritage, so respect and admiration for our fighting men and women was instilled in me at an early age.  Unfortunately, all but one who posted Facebook comments failed to realize that this was written for the 343 FDNY firefighters who were lost on September 11, 2001.  And as many who have sacrificed their all, have been forgotten by the masses........
8/6/2010 3:03:08 PM
Hannah United States
This made me cry in a happy way of course my dad didn't die but my sister did still the girl in the poem was so strong i  would've cried
8/6/2010 10:00:09 PM
Traci Jones United States
Traci Jones
What an awesome poem, when I heard this on K-Love I got tears in my eyes and my heart went out to this little girl for the strenght that God gave her for this special day.  I have copied it, so I can always look back at this when I'm feeling down and what she has been through in her short period of life.

God Bless
8/8/2010 3:35:12 AM
Nichole United States
Thank you so much for sharing this touching story.  My 15 year old daughter and I were both moved to tears.  She was so moved by this that she will be repeating this for a public speaking contest in the year to come.  It was something that she feels need to be shared.  Thank you for touching our hearts and the hearts of many who listen to you.
11/18/2010 6:12:00 PM