Aug 13 2010

What was your favorite TV show as a kid?

Happy Anniversary to Dora the Explorer---she celebrates 10 years on TV this weekend! Got us thinking...what was your favorite TV show to watch as a kid? Why?
Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (36) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

8/3/2010 12:22:54 AM
Jenny United States
Jenny
That's so funny that you just talked about Land of the Lost...that was one of my favorites too! I haven't thought about that show for a long time! I know Scott is from MN, I'm in ND...must be a midwesterner thing!
8/3/2010 12:25:08 AM
emmy United States
emmy
okay, im still a kid but, i LOVE the cosby show! great show!
8/3/2010 12:25:21 AM
Annette United States
Annette
what about the flinstones, brady bunch, blinky, but all time fav is shirley temple and jerry lewis old movies.
8/3/2010 12:25:40 AM
Teresa United States
Teresa
"Land of the Giants" now that was a show. I can find episodes now on AOL. But it's like not many people I mention it to have ever heard of it. I'm like "where are you from, how can you not have heard of this show?"
8/3/2010 12:25:41 AM
Brian United States
Brian
Gilligan's Island was the best.  It was perfect for middle school kids.  I look back at it now and wonder how it ever survived as a prime time show.
8/3/2010 12:26:16 AM
Diane Dickie United States
Diane Dickie
Everytime I get out of my airconditioned car into the heat and humidity my glasses fog up....and I think about those sleestack and their eyes!
8/3/2010 12:26:18 AM
Annette United States
Annette
Wait I just remembered Ma and Pa Kettle that was great and yes i watched re-runs.
8/3/2010 12:26:24 AM
Annette
Annette
8/3/2010 12:26:27 AM
Megan United States
Megan
My favorite show when i was little was Dinosaurs.
8/3/2010 12:28:18 AM
Katy United States
Katy
My favorite show as a child was Bananas in Pajamas, my mom would get me up every morning to watch this show. I even had the action figures.
8/3/2010 12:28:46 AM
Heather United States
Heather
I don't know what my most favorite shows is but I can say that TV shows in the 1900s wore so much better than they are today!!!
8/3/2010 12:29:17 AM
kierstyn United States
kierstyn
I had two favorites....but very few people outside the midwest have ever heard of them!  The first was the Banana Splits Show (youtube their theme song!  it rocks!!)

The second was a show called "Thunder".  It was essentially a horse version of "Lassie".  Thunder was a wild stallion that roamed near a ranch. There was also an obnoxious mule that burped.  hahahahaha
8/3/2010 12:29:42 AM
Sandra United States
Sandra
Yes, I grew up watching Land of the Lost, but my kids also watched a newer version of it which wasn't as good as the one I watched as a kid. So Scott I wonder which version you watched???
8/3/2010 12:32:02 AM
Yvette United States
Yvette
I use to watch the Davey and Goliath show.
Just copied info about the show.
"This classic series is about the adventures of a boy and his dog. This classic kids show, created by the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America provided entertainment, comedy, and moral lessons for young children. Although the scripts for this show were written by the Lutheran church of America,… More the team Art and Gloria Clokey (best known for their hit "Gumby") did all the claymation."
8/3/2010 12:35:29 AM
Linda United States
Linda
Lassie-by far-  one time I took a spanking rather then miss Lassie, every Sunday night
8/3/2010 12:37:14 AM
Deanna United States
Deanna
I Love Lucy then and even now.
8/3/2010 5:44:55 AM
Adeliza United States
Adeliza
I enjoyed a show on PBS called Villa Alegre--similar to Dora the Explorer, it taught kids Spanish.  Also the cartoon called Wheelie and Land of the Giants.
8/3/2010 5:47:25 AM
Joe Heikes United States
Joe Heikes
Heard Scott's comments about the Land of the Lost a few minutes ago.  Funny thing, our family rented a LOL DVD this week to share with our kids, since both my wife and I remembered this also as one of our favorite shows, like Scott.  However, when we actually watched it yesterday it was truly amazing how BAD it was!  The acting was bad, the script writing, especially the "special effects" if you can call them that.  It was SO bad that it was actually pretty funny to watch.  Our sons, ages 10, 12 and 14 had a ball mercilessly heckling the show, not to mention my wife and me for liking it at one time.  In an unexpected way, it did make for good family fun.  But it's hard to believe how poor my memory of my childhood apparently is.
8/3/2010 6:08:59 AM
jen United States
jen
how did you get through that poem. i was balling one line after she stood up! days like today Heaven, God, & Jesus seem so far away. guess i needed the reminder, andd i'm a daddy's girl at 37yrs old!
8/3/2010 6:24:41 AM
cody United States
cody
I would like to now the name of that poem.My daddy is a soldier serving in afganastan and hes with adt2{agriculture development team 2} please keep him and his team in your prayres
8/3/2010 6:35:57 AM
Hannah United States
Hannah
Ok i'm still a 'kid' but when i was little i loved watching dora and blue's clues......and my dad loved loved loved the banana splits show and now me and my brother watch it too!
8/3/2010 6:44:25 AM
Beth United States
Beth
Ok, I had several, but one of the top fav's has to be Donny and Marie.  Donny was sooooooooo  cute and who didn't sing along to "I'm a little bit country and I'm a little bit rock and roll" !!  And yes, I watched in every Friday night on the good old console TV with 4 channels that you had to switch by hand with the big knob on the TV!!  The good ol days!
8/3/2010 6:46:10 AM
Jackie United States
Jackie
i just love America's Got Talent. it's amazing, what kinds of talents God gives people. i love seeing what gifts he has given everyone on that show. i love to see how they use that gift too. just amazing.
8/3/2010 3:14:54 PM
Dyan United States
Dyan
Little House on the Prairie...loved it then, love it now!
8/4/2010 5:43:45 AM
David United States
David
My favorite was Sea Hunt, Lost in Space, & Voyage to the bottom of the Sea.
8/4/2010 3:36:55 PM
Amanda United States
Amanda
Hum.. I liked Dukes of Hazzard as a child.. still like to watch re-runs today.
8/5/2010 12:14:38 AM
Rebekah United States
Rebekah
the flintstones
8/5/2010 6:38:56 AM
Wendy United States
Wendy
My son Caleb loved Dora! When he was 2-4 he had a Dora birthday party and he also had a lunch box.  He turns 9 today and made me promise not to tell his friends. LOL kids are great!  One of my favorite show I let my kids watch is called  "God Rocks"  it's a show on TBN and the creators made little gems (aka Rocks) into charatersand they sing and praise God. It is the best show ever! If you can you should check it out. It airs on Sat. mornings.
8/5/2010 7:01:31 AM
Lydia United States
Lydia
I loved to watch I Love Lucy, Little House on the Prairie, Bewitched, and I dream of Jeanie. Oh, Giligan's Island too.
8/5/2010 5:36:38 PM
Annalisa United States
Annalisa
Ya well I'm only 16 but my all time favorite tv show was and still is Phineas and Ferb. Love that show. Actually it's a close tie between that at the Cosby Show.
8/6/2010 2:53:14 PM
Rhonda United States
Rhonda
I loved watching Little House on the Prairie and Charlie's Angels. I still love Little House on the Prairie!
8/7/2010 1:15:25 PM
Kimberly G. United States
Kimberly G.
I'm 14 and currently I'm watching Dr. Quinn : MW, Sue Thomas F.B.Eye, Doc, and 7th Street Theater(.com).
8/7/2010 8:30:51 PM
Kayla United States
Kayla
I am 14. I loved to watch dragon tales and franklin - all those of pbs. Then I graduated to watching full house and the cosby show.  Now I spend my spare time watching criminal minds.  I absolutely love love love that show... on sundays after church there is always a marathon on and thats how I spend my sundays after church plus a nap lol.  I love listening to k-love... it is such a highlight to everyday for many various reasons.  Thanks!!!
8/8/2010 6:38:34 AM
rrhoop United States
rrhoop
THEN: Captain Kangaroo (when I was real little), Gilligan's Island, Lost in Space, Little House on the Prarie, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeanie, Warner Brother original cartoons (bugs bunny, daffy, roadrunner, etc).

NOW:  Wizzards of Waverly Place
8/8/2010 2:25:36 PM
sheri United States
sheri
when i was little it was the grape ape, then the smurfs
8/9/2010 6:56:41 PM