Aug 19 2010

Ellie Kay talks about setting up a family budget

A recent study revealed that a majority of families don't have a family budget. In fact, many don't even know where to start! Ellie Kay, America's Family Financial Expert has resources and tips to help you get your budget set up and stick with it. Learn more here: http://elliekay.com/financial-resource-center.php.

Listen to Ellie Kay discuss the importance of family budgets: Segment 1 and Segment 2

Categories: Ellie Kay

8/16/2010 3:31:00 PM
Kayla Goebel United States
Kayla Goebel
My husband and I have only been married a little over a year, but have been together for almost 7 years. We are complete opposites, he is a saver, and I am a spender.  I think it has worked perfectly because we have balanced each other out.  He has taught me why saving is important and how satisfying it is to not buy something right away but work towards it, where as I have taught him that it is okay to spend money on ourselves and it is okay to have money leave the account, if it's for reasonable things.  Thanks for your guest today... a good reminder that we need to be good stewards of God's money and blessings!
8/16/2010 3:33:38 PM
Catherine United States
Catherine
Just FYI: Currently experiencing server issues when accessing Ellie Kay's website
8/16/2010 10:21:20 PM
magon United States
magon
im a single mom of 3 kids....since i learned of my preggocy with my last child i looked at my account and said " there is no way i will be able to do three kids when im not saving any money"...i have a friend at church who is my "budget manager"...we get together at least once a month ..we wrote down all my expenses and everything i bring in. we seperated out everything ,,,for all ym cash items (ie gas groceries, activities, and clothes we made 2 folders, i take out a certain amount of cash every paychk and i only have that much to use for the above items....for things like rent and other bills i pay with a chk  and then what ever is left i have sent straight to my savings account...i have been on this for a year now and it has helped me out sooooo much! ..i recommend this to everyone trying to budget
8/16/2010 10:40:57 PM
Diana Seal United States
Diana Seal
We first heard the song "Save a Place for Me" several months ago while my husband was in home hospice. We were listening to K-Love in his room, and when I heard the line "I'll be there soon", I started crying.  I told Larry that 'in Heaven a year is like a day, while here on Earth a day is like a thousand years,' but I would be with him soon, and asked him to "save a place for me." He nodded that he would.  A few weeks later, my husband of almost 41 years went to be with our Lord and Savior.  Now when I hear the song, I can smile through my tears knowing that Larry will be saving a place for me.  The words "thank you" are not enough to express my gratitude for this song.
8/16/2010 11:07:40 PM
Steffanie Watson United States
Steffanie Watson
My mom died the day before mothers day this year, and the wednesday before she died she got to listen to k-love for the first time and Save A Place For Me came on.  She loved it and that song sine she died has meant a lot to me. I don't feel so alone when I hear it.  I know she's  in Heaven with our Lord and my dad, brother and both of my grandmas and they are saving a place for me and my son.  Motions has also helped me because I have just gone through the motions and don't really feel things like I should. When I first heard it I started crying and thought that's me. Thank you so much Matthew for your beautiful music
8/16/2010 11:09:40 PM