Aug 23 2010

Go MAD...go make a difference in your world!

So, what fun things have you been able to do lately to make a difference? Bought coffee for stranger? Helped a co-worker? Sent a note to a friend? We love hearing your stories of how you are going MAD...Making a Difference! Share 'em here!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (12) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

8/19/2010 7:27:07 PM
Samantha United States
Samantha
I just want to share that a small gesture such as a smile can go along way. Sometimes all someone needs is a friendly hello and a little intrest in how they are. It really can brighten someones day. When you show people you truly care you will touch more hearts than you know! I have just by smiling and careing for them. Let God guide you in the wonderful words of affirmation towards other people, and make their lives a little better or a little happier in the moment you greet them! (there is nothing better than seeing someones face light up and smile back at you when their day has been so bad)
8/19/2010 7:33:21 PM
Maggie United States
Maggie
Hi Guys!
I made a difference by telling one of my friends about Christ and they prayed with me and they accepted Jesus!!!! It was so cool!!!! (If you think to put this on the air please don't say my name)
8/19/2010 7:37:14 PM
Carter United States
Carter
Hey I have a service group called I.M.P.A.C.T. (Innovative Minors Pursuing Active Change Together) that I run. We do all kinds of stuff but here are a few.
1. Go to a local trailer court where a lot of elderly reside and ask if you can help around there house. (mow, shovel snow, paint, deweed gardens, the list goes on.)
2. Contact your local animal shelter and see if you could walk to the dogs they have there.
3. Put some random stuff (books, water, food, money, sunglasses, radio tuned to Klove) in a backpack and walk around your city. If you feel like a person you see needs something you have or God promts you, give that item to them.
4.HELP YOUR CHURCH
5. Create a poster with a positive message and post it somewhere
6. Read to kids at the library
7. Ask God to put someone in your path that you can help.
8/19/2010 7:50:21 PM
Mike Strout United States
Mike Strout
Just a few minutes ago, the Jeremy Camp song, "Jesus Saves" came on KLove. At the exact same time, someone's car alarm right outside my office went off. The honking was keeping such perfect time with the song that I had to look to see if someone was playing along.

Nope. Apparently the white Chevy pickup was having its own special time with God.
8/19/2010 7:53:30 PM
jen United States
jen
you know, i hope i make a difference with smiles and pleases and thank you's. but children make a difference in my day. i use a power wheelchair and am spastic, so i'm noticable. i had a kid in a stroller going by me. she just yells "hi," and waves before getting to far away. it made me & the mom smile and giggle
8/19/2010 8:56:03 PM
joe smith United States
joe smith
can I ask you guys a question? if our good deeds mean nothing to god then why do them? revelations dictates an ultimate end so how can we have hope.  the rapture seems selective doesn't it
you follow the bible but there's a catch of not giving up to christ and hell fire and brimstone come for your????? sounds backwards to me
8/19/2010 9:30:03 PM
monica United States
monica
MY dad showes me how simple it is to go mad every day.  He is kind to people even if he dosn't know them and he is a great example to me and my sister.
8/19/2010 10:14:49 PM
Margareta Sweden
Margareta
that is really unusual.... but yet funny.... i would laugh so hard if my teacher did that
8/19/2010 11:35:03 PM
Bryan United States
Bryan
The story I have to share comes from reflecting on yesterday's Gospel reading, Luke 13:22-30. Christ tells a parable in response to a question about how many will be saved, ending with the famous line "many who are last shall be first, and many who are first shall be last."

It dawned on me while I was in the car that what Christ was telling us was that it is not enough to listen to his teachings and share his meal. In the parable, the door is locked to those who ate and drank with him and who heard him teaching in their streets. The response is "I know you not."

We have to do more than just attend church every Sunday. We have to do more than simply believe in Him. We have to act in a Christ-like manner always. That is how He will know us on the day of judgment.
8/20/2010 3:01:23 AM
Kia United States
Kia
I went to Rite Aid to pick up a prescription and I only had little change in my pocket.. there was a homeless man sitting outside.. so I bought him a Mr. Goodbar chocolate candy bar... he said  "Thank you miss, thank you so much." and that just brightened up my day......... there are also days when I can afford to buy meals for anyone homeless I might see also.... but I wanted to share another thing...

Ive been going to church since I married my husband 6 years ago, but honest to say, it was more of a social thing. Last year October, I really wanted to go to Hume Lake for a women's retreat but because it cost $200 per person, I wasn't able to sign up due to our income and debt situation. Well... God really blessed me... a women from my church just called me up at 10pm, last minute! and told me "PACK YOUR BAGS WOMEN! YOU'RE GOING WITH US!" ... I was shocked! I have to say that through that experience and unconditional gift along with the retreat itself, allowed me to finally break through. Now I know that there is a big difference between calling yourself a Christian and really having a relationship with Christ. My life has changed forever...
8/21/2010 12:36:41 AM
Jesse United States
Jesse
I am making a difference by Heading a fundraiser for my local women and children shelter in Bozeman MT. God has shown me my purpose through a very trying period in my life and I am starting a bill proposal to lay the smack down on abusers and making the process easier for victims.....Thank you God for showing me how to make a difference in my life and hopefully others ...I am excited to share this feeling with anyone who has survived domestic violence....THANK YOU GOD.. i will continue my work in which it is the work of god!
8/21/2010 1:02:17 AM
Becky Kliewer United States
Becky Kliewer
Hi Eric and Kelli - Yesterday (MON.)I received a book in the mail from my good friend Jenne. (Coinicident? Not!) Anyway, the book is authored by a former collegmate about "Running From Shame & Finding God's Scandalous Love". When I opened the book there was some $$ with a note attached which read, "Don't laugh at the $$. It's to cover return postage to send the book back when you're done, and to cover a Starbuck's coffee so we can have coffee together over the phone and talk about the book!" Jenne lives in the L.A. area and doesn't know about Klove - YET.
Jenne knows that I am really financially struggling right now.  We have been friends for over 30 years! We met when we were in high school and went to college together, and have been friends ever since.  Thank you Lord for the faithful love of my friend!
Thanks for lettng me share!
Becky - listener in Bend, OR