Feb 03 2011

Win a guitar that's autographed by Michael W. Smith and Amy Grant!

You can win this autographed guitar, signed by Michael W. Smith and Amy Grant! Text FRIENDS to 21947. We'll draw the winner at 6pm Central. U.S. cell phones only. Standard message rates apply.
Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (42) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
Feb 03 2011

Mandisa's amazing weight loss journey

Our guest today is Mandisa! We'll hear music from her new album and find out how much weight she's lost and how she's done it. Join us just after 2pm PST. Got anything to say to her? Feel free to share it here!

Also, chime in on the poll: do you like to wear Snuggies or not? Mandisa is a fan, we are not. What do you think...Snuggie...yes or no?!

If you missed the interview or want to hear again what she had to say, click here:

Segment 1, Segment 2, Segment 3, Segment 4, Segment 5,

Segment 6, Segment 7, Segment 8, Segment 9

Feb 02 2011

Michael W. Smith and Amy Grant Interview

Check out this video of Michael W. Smith's video of "How To Say Goodbye" and our interview with Michael and Amy Grant!

Michael W. Smith and Amy Grant talk about touring, past and present

Amy and Michael getting emotional before a show

What they're wearing on their tour

The Impact of their music

The impact of Amy Grant's Age to Age album

The story behind "Better Than A Hallelujah"

Michael and Amy's collaboration on "How To Say Goodbye"

Giving Back to the community, and world as a whole

SuperBowl Predictions

What are you looking forward to on this tour?

Sneak Preview and Thank You

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (7) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
How has K-LOVE impacted your life?
Apr 06 2010

How has K-LOVE impacted your life?

Thank you so much for being a part of the K-LOVE family. We love you! Thank you for your prayers and your financial support! Our Spring Pledge Drive is next week and we would love to hear how God has used K-LOVE to encourage you. You can share your story here!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (18) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

4/3/2010 11:18:56 PM
Rachel United States
Rachel
When we moved from Florida to Oklahoma my life was a complete mess of itself. I came here brokenhearted and without hope due to personal matters but i have had a passion for music since i could remember and listening to music on my way to school and back , everywhere i go to be exact. To the point i have steroes everywhere i am. The more i listened to Klove i knew it was the Lord's doing with all the positive encouraging songs i hear everyday and all of them relate to me in one or the other way and i love spending my mornings with such blessed servants of God Eric and Lisa and my afternoons with Scott and Kelli i love the compassion and energery everyone of you have. The funny thing is every one of you Scott, Kelli , Lisa, Eric , JD and Even Larry and his late nite encouraging songs! all have made a constant difference in my life. words don't measure up to how i feel. Thanks for being in my life!
4/4/2010 4:29:08 AM
Sharon Madagan United States
Sharon Madagan
K-Love has been a vital part of my family since discovering the station here in KC back in the early part of 2008.  I immediately tuned in my kitchen radio, and have literally NOT turned it off since then!  The beautiful praise music fills the heart of my home 24-7-365!  The radio in my car has not moved from the K-Love station since then either.
Each night, my precious little boys fall asleep with K-Love playing and filling their sleepy minds and hearts with how much they're loved by our Savior.
I am a single Mom to those sweet boys - who are 9 & 6 1/2.  My heart soars and I know they're going to thrive despite our struggles every time I hear them singing along with the radio at the top of their lungs.
I am blessed to serve our Lord by teaching at a private Christian school.  Whenever there is 'work time' in my classroom, I tune in to K-Love.com and fill my room with the encouraging sounds.  My classroom erupts in praise as my middle school students sing along.  I am so thankful and I know that God is glorified through it.
I am only able to support K-Love with a small gift each month, but God knows my heart, and He takes that small gift I send you and multiplies it beyond comprehension.  I look forward to the days when I can financially bless K-Love the way that K-Love has abundantly blessed my family.

So thankful for your ministry and the work you do.  Lives are changed because of it, and I know that someday God will look at you all and say "Well done, good and faithful servant."

By His Grace,
Sharon Madagan
4/4/2010 4:29:40 AM
Fran Horne United States
Fran Horne
We have started a new business and right after we got our approval and during the drive we pledged to the business section.  Others in our community doing the same business we have are struggeling and the Lord has blessed us above and beyond our expectations. This has been the best thing we could have ever done and be there again this year.  God is so good we can never repay His Blessings.

Fran & Robert NM
4/4/2010 4:32:52 AM
Danielle United States
Danielle
Hi Scott and Kelli. Last year I made a pledge to KLove, yet fell on hard times financially and was unable to commit.However because of the following story I am in this year!

This year I began a new job working with children who have been victims of Domestic Violence. Such tragedy walks through my door each day.
One day a young boy was playing a game in my office and I had KLove on. he asked me why i beleivd in God and next before i could answer the Brandon Heath song "love never fails" came on. he sat still and listened. He began to weep and asked me "Ms. Danielle, do you think God loves me?" I hugged him and said more than you know! Right after that he the David Crowder Band came on and sang of "Oh how he loves us". The young boy said he wanted to be loved and he wanted to accept God but was afraid. He said that he didn't know that type of love before. He then left my office.
The next day he wandered in and asked me to turn on Klove please and I told him sure. Out of curiosity I asked him why and he said that last night he asked God "How can I get to know you?" God answered him "Just Listen". For him that meant listening to KLove!
Just the other day as I watched him play he was singing Chris Tomlin and had a look of peace upon his face that no abuse, no harm, no hurt can take away. For this child accecpted Christ into his heart!
Thank you Klove for being an instrument of God's love!You can count on my pledge this year!
4/4/2010 4:56:02 AM
Kainoa United States
Kainoa
At this day and age in this society that we live, it is PERTINENT that we remember why we are here.  I have been listening to KLove faithfully for about 2 years now.  And it has been such a relief.  I have always known God and Jesus, but within the past 3 years my relationship with Him has been excelling to another level.  And Klove has been such a blessing.  I have an hour commute to and from work each day and I can get Klove for at least half of my commute and it is just  a breath of fresh air.  And the other half of my commute is my chance to have an "up close and personal" conversation with Him, Papa.  Klove helps me to remember and cherish what He has blessed me with.  Klove encourages during times when needed and help to deliver guidance when I wander lost.  THank you for all that you guys do.
4/4/2010 5:30:17 AM
laura United States
laura
Hi Scott & Kelli i enjoy listening to KLOVE 24/7!!! The songs are all great they are my comfort when i'm feeling down feeling there's no hope left in this world especially now that i have my grandmother in the hospital struggling to keep on living. She's so tired of suffering & she wants to leave us & i have faith in the lord that he will bring her through it.Our Lord is the only one who knows what is gonna happen & in my prayers i ask we're in his hands & to give my grandmother the comfort she needs in her time of pain & that he knows what is best for her & all of us!! KLOVE is the best radio station anywhere Thank you both for sharing & giving us love,comfort,support thru your comments & songs & especially having faith in the lord giving us a push to realize life is great!!! WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!! GOD IS LOVE!!!
4/4/2010 6:51:00 AM
Sharon Solders United States
Sharon Solders
  Klove has been the best blessing ever.  When ever I was feeling very down in life the words of the whole entire ministry would lift me up.  Every time I ask for their agreement in prayer it alway's is done in Jesus name. They are such a blessing to me and my whole entire family.
  My sister first told me of this station and I've been listening every since.  Thankyou all for allowing me to hear positive music and ministry.
4/4/2010 7:05:55 AM
godschildmarlene United States
godschildmarlene
I just wanted you to know what kind of difference that God and K-love has made in our lives. We have been separated for four months, a couple of months ago my husband found K-love and turned me on to it. W have been listening ever since. We both prayed hard for our marriage to be saved and healed, God is THE GREATEST!!!! We were both baptized on Easter Sunday, when I came out of the water I heard Jesus tell me to come home and that is what I have done and we are so Blessed to have God in our lives,  we both just love the Lord with all our hearts.  God  bless everyone!!!!!                                       Greg and Marlene Sumners
4/4/2010 1:20:58 PM
Victoria United States
Victoria
Scott and Kelli,
  KLOVE has been a real blessing to me in the past five months. This radio station has been the outlet I have needed to stay out of the trash of the world. I am turning 19 tomorrow and I have grown up in a Christian Godly home my whole life and have been in church my whole life. I started listening to the trash of the world when I was nine. On Dec 3, 09 I gave my life to Christ. Since June of 09 I had been struggling greatly with my salvation. See my grandfather past away in June and I knew I would not see him again if I didnt get all of this straightened out. I fought with my pride and kept on telling my self that it was ok and that I was going to be fine for six months until I just could not stand it anymore and finally gave in on that December day. Praise the Lord! After this wonderful day I had no desire to listen to the trash of the world and ever since I have been listen to klove liturally 24/7. Some days I just cant get enough of klove. This station has done a lot for me spritually and I just want to thank all of the people who are apart of this station and all of the people that keep it running from day to day. Even the unheard and unseen, you make the difference, so thank you!! Thank you so much!!
4/4/2010 2:02:15 PM
Raina United States
Raina
I have a daughter who was born with a rare brain malformation (HPE) and we were told she wouldn't live, and that she would be a vegetable.  She is almost four, and while she is not a "vegetable" she is delayed and mostly non-verbal.  SHe has maybe 12 words total, and she has never said two words together.  EVER.  Today we were driving home from our neuro appt (it's a 5 hour drive one way) and Francesca Bodacelli's Beautiful, Beautiful came on........and from the backseat I heard...."making my life so beautiful beautiful......beautiful beautiful"  and then it was quiet again.  But what a wonderful sound it was!  I am still crying proud mommy tears as I type this.  Thank you to KLOVE and Francesca for giving me this amazing moment with my amazing girl!
4/4/2010 2:13:44 PM
Lexie <3 United States
Lexie <3
Klove has had a huge impact on my life! I'm only 13 but I've been called 2 be in the youth ministry! And it's because of klove that I got saved & started seeking God 2 find out what he has instore for me! I LOVe klove !!!
4/4/2010 2:53:27 PM
mustangjake United States
mustangjake
Klove has just been there. A lot of the time that's what I need. My Fiance and I took the love Language test in one of our premarital session with our Pastor, I'm quality time. I love how klove is always a click away. I am not an anyway kidding when I say this, I was thinking about calling in to try and make contact with someone that could make it happen that if we hooked up the speakers klove would DJ the wedding reception. Laughing
4/5/2010 5:31:32 PM
Leandra United States
Leandra
It has great musicSmile
4/5/2010 5:31:43 PM
Leandra United States
Leandra
and you guys are funnySmile
4/5/2010 5:36:16 PM
Kelly United States
Kelly
I was very disappointed with KLOVE this morning.  I have been a faithful listener at home and at work for a very long time and have always enjoyed the positive message.  What bothered me this morning was the suggestion that a chiropractor is not a doctor.  This seemed very negative and a jab at the profession that has a long standing reputation for helping people.  A Chiropractor is not only a doctor, but they also provide nutrition and vitamins that actually help resolve the underlying health issue instead of covering it up with prescriptions.  I have always gone to the Chiropractor as the first and only line of defense when I or my family is sick.  So to hear such comments on this "positive, encouraging" radio station, I must say was disappointing and heartbreaking.  I have not been able to listen to your station all day because I have been saddened by your words.  You were my soft place and now have been tainted- I will pray for you to find a better way - Kelly
4/6/2010 6:27:15 AM
Nilson Caires Rabello - Sidrolândia-MS (Nill/Brazil) Brazil
Nilson Caires Rabello - Sidrolândia-MS (Nill/Brazil)
Good.. there is more or less 1 year, I hear K-LOVE FM, and through the praise that she plays, God has me blessed largely. In my house, in my work, wherever I am, whenever I can, I connect K-LOVE FM... Because in this station, I already heard and I felt the power of God to show through the songs of the reading of the Word of God and of the Prayers... Continue with that beautiful and blessed Ministry for God. Of a thing I am sure... a lot of lives were impacteds for the Power of the Word of God through K-LOVE FM and many another that will still be on behalf of Ours Mr. Jesus Cristo...

God is Praised, Today and Always!!

Nilson Caires Rabello - Sidrolândia/MS - Brazil
4/7/2010 3:08:38 AM
Sarah United States
Sarah
Well...klove has effected me sooo much lately! I am 16 and a sophmore in high school and i have recently been put into foster care. My foster family is very religious and listens to klove all the time! i have noticed that lately i have been a lot happier and more willing to except the bad and find something good in it and i believe that it is because of the positive music that is being put into my heart by klove! THank u soooo much u guys! I love listening to u!
4/7/2010 11:25:58 AM
Vanessa United States
Vanessa
I just want you guys to know how much K Love encourage my life. I discovered this station like 2 months ago, and since that day, I listen to it, on the car, at home, when Im going to sleep, everywhere, is like an addiction, but a good addiction, even to the point that I dont want to get out of the car and go to work or school. It is really a bless for me the songs you play, the word you say, all your team is awesome, and Im so glad that I found this station. God bless you all!!!!!
Stressed out at work? What has helped you deal with that stress?
Aug 24 2010

Stressed out at work? What has helped you deal with that stress?

Ever been stressed out at work?! Yeah, thought so! Have you found ways to deal with that stress? We would love to hear your tips--what has worked for you? Share it here!

Here are some great tips for dealing with stress at work: http://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/outside-voices-careers/2010/08/18/50-tips-for-handling-stress-at-work

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (30) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

8/19/2010 5:16:07 AM
Ashley B. United States
Ashley B.
I am actually really stressed about this project I'm working on right now for school. What is really helping me is just listening to Klove in the background and remembering that in the big scheme of things, this really isn't that big of a deal. Thank you all at Klove for all you do. (:
8/19/2010 5:19:12 AM
Jeanine United States
Jeanine
Thanks so much for the tips for handling stress at work. Today everyone just about went crazy yelling across cubicles. My supervisor got so frustrated that she went in her office and cried. I felt so bad for her. I tried to encourage a few coworkers to do some yoga and breathing exercises. Then I remembered a clip that was shared last week of the comedian Michael Jr. I watched it and laughed with another coworker. Then I sent it to my supervisor to brightened up her day. It made my day so much better. K Love is always there when I need it.
8/19/2010 5:20:39 AM
Kate United States
Kate
Last week, I was stressing a bit about work, and I heard myself say, "I just need some K-loving!" as I headed for the K Love homepage to listen.
Same thing happened the next day.....K-Loving. LOVE it!
8/19/2010 5:36:00 AM
Mickey Ferguson United States
Mickey Ferguson
I used to have a pretty stress free day.  Recently things at work have just gotten worse and worse.  I have recently started a prayer journal that sits on my desk.  When I find the stress and anxiety building I stop what I am doing and write a thanks to God and ask him to help me handle what is happening.  I have even found myself writing a prayer of two for my co workers when I know they are facing a stressful situation.  This has helped me to let God's love reflect during the stressful time as well as the good.
8/19/2010 5:37:46 AM
Debbie United States
Debbie
I deal with stress by knitting. It is "therapy on a stick". Uncomplicated patterns usually help me relax. Another way is spinning yarn. I learned how to spin in March and it is a great stress reliever.
8/19/2010 5:41:11 AM
Scott United States
Scott
Try praying very quitely, "under your breath" especially praying in the spirit.  I spend 3 - 6 hours a day at work praying in the spirit, it is totally awesome.  I know right about now your asking, "what does this guy do for a job???" LOL - I a civilian cook for Soldiers.
8/19/2010 5:44:24 AM
Naomi United States
Naomi
i don't work i'm in 7th grade but when i get home i can be stressed so...i get some chocolate chips and go to my bedroom and turn on k-love....and sing with the songs.
8/19/2010 5:49:02 AM
Andrea United States
Andrea
i mean i don't work but i personally believe that highschool is mor streessfull, but anyways how i deal with my stress in highschool is, in all the choas and comotion of things to do and stuff to start and finish i just breathe close my eys and say God plz clear my head and then i open my eyes and then i just say thank you God for what your going to do and just say thank you and then i feel like i am in control becuase God's right there with me. i don't kno if thats going to work for others but its always worked for my
8/19/2010 5:52:49 AM
Danae United States
Danae
I'm a 6th grade special education teacher, and my job can be really stressful!  I go running after work to help with the stress, but I don't have enough time to run on my lunch break.  On really crazy days I have a remedy for stress.  During lunch I turn off the lights in my classroom, turn on some relaxing music, do some simple yoga stretches, and pray.  After that I'm much calmer and ready to face the second half of my day!
8/19/2010 5:56:38 AM
magon United States
magon
well i never get stressed out at work! HAAHAA THAT WAS FUNNY!!! ...i work in a home warranty company call center...i get yelled at and cursed at by homeowners when we dont cover there claim. :-( ..but i have k-love on my comp so i just listen to the music and in a way ignore them (heehee)....most of the times i come on klove and theres always a blog i like to comment on and it makes me feel better cause a lot if time they crack me up so i forget all about the (crazy) homeowner,,,,THANX!!!
8/19/2010 6:30:34 AM
Thomas Canada
Thomas
For several years I was self employed assembling bikes, furniture etc. I earned a fixed amount for each unit, which meant that production directly affected income levels. You can imagine the stress potential.

I personally had come to experience the glory of walking in Practicing His Presence ( Bro Lawrence ( one of the happiest men people had ever met) wrote a book by that title and James Goll did one recently on the same subject ).I would describe this as keeping focused on the experiential awareness of The Lord's nearness and His loving care/guidance at every opportunity. This actually resulted in a residual awareness of His presence in my soul as I worked.

Although my success in a determination of not producing bikes faster than I could maintain The Practice of His Presence was partial (learning curve) it was,and is a very worthwhile exercise and one I would highly recommend. I suppose one could transition into a Presence concious  mode by focusing on His Presence at every opportunity that attention to task would permit. " Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful Face,and the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of His Glory and Grace" The wonder of how He has wired us is that our spirit can be delighting in Him while our soul is doing work.

Awesome God You Are Amazing!!!

You folks are too Thanks for being there KLove!!!

Thomas
8/19/2010 10:09:10 AM
Mike United States
Mike
The last three weeks have been the hardest since I gave my life to the lord 2 years ago.I have my own buisness,sress and pressure are what led me to drugs and alcohal in the first place.But now that I live for the lord thats not a option.So when I thought I was at the end of my rope the other day,the lord told me that you need to realize that you are so blessed to even have a buisness,that allows you to have the privalge of being stressed. So I just praise GOD and thank him daily for what I do have.I listen to K LOVE all day long every day at work, THANK YOU!!!!!!
8/20/2010 1:45:04 AM
Haley United States
Haley
Hi I'm Haley. I would like to tell you a time when I helped someone let God into there hearts.It started one afternoon me and some friends were walking and one of my friends were telling us a story, but she started saying God's name in vain so I said "hey can I talk to you" and she said "sure" so I started telling her about god and telling her that she should'nt say that so she stop and to this day she has'nt said it! And she talks about God to her sister and other people!
8/20/2010 2:47:41 AM
PrudentKnowledgeDOTcom United States
PrudentKnowledgeDOTcom
Why not pray to God?
8/20/2010 6:05:28 AM
Greg United States
Greg
i just pray to God to help me get through this day and every other day at hard times. i dont work, but u have to know that kids have hard times at school that they dont tell their parents, but in the inside of them they are really stressed and need help. im not saying that i do that, but if i just pray its helps plenty!!

Thanks K-LOVE. yall rock!!! <¦-}
8/20/2010 8:06:18 AM
Em United States
Em
Screaming into a pillow and then praying to God helps me de-stress. And then some ice cream. Smile Or at least something with sugar. Also, I like to talk to my friends about it. They help me when I'm feeling stressed about school, family, just about anything.
Love and prayers all the way,

Em
Love ya K-LOVE!!!!
8/20/2010 1:58:18 PM
Rebecca United States
Rebecca
I found a prayer partner at work. One day i was having a Really tough day. I went up to her desk, asked her to stand and pray with me and we prayed together. What a blessing. And if she is not available... Chocolate helps too!
8/20/2010 1:59:29 PM
Rhi R United States
Rhi R
I work with 4-6th graders, so between the kids and their parents the stress level can become pretty high. I talk to my co-workers about it, and their advice is great, but for me I can't completely calm down until I bring my situation to God through prayer. I believe God has put stress into my life so that I would rely on Him, and not myself.
8/20/2010 2:00:45 PM
Cheryl United States
Cheryl
I find that in our darkest moments & frustrations, it imperative that we let go, and let God handle everything in the background - he will do more amazing things than we could ever arrange ourselves!  We always mess it up if we try - I know this from experience!  It takes the stress off of US also to let God handle it!  Just do it... to coin a phrase!  Smile
8/20/2010 2:01:38 PM
lin Canada
lin
I find the fitness experts right.. A good workout ie run, bike, etc gives me the chance to escape and get my mind turned around, and see things from a different perspective- also combined with prayer to get the proper perspective!!!
8/20/2010 2:03:26 PM
Sarah United States
Sarah
When I encounter stressful situation ... 'I will refute every tongue that accuses me. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and this is their vindication from me,"declares the LORD.' Isaiah 54:17

~Sarah~
8/20/2010 2:13:53 PM
Bernadette United States
Bernadette
calling klove ~ (or just listening to klove)
8/20/2010 2:15:14 PM
Pastor Darrin United States
Pastor Darrin
To relieve stress I either exercise by lifting weights or using the punching bag.  It relaxes the mind and redirects the energy that may be misused on family members or the family per.
8/20/2010 2:16:20 PM
Kelly United States
Kelly
We have a long gravel driveway and I just set down cry, pull weeds, and pray. You can tell how stressed I have been by the weeds in the driveway.
8/20/2010 2:20:34 PM
Linda United States
Linda
I am a teacher and drive about 20 minutes to and from work.  While driving, listening to KLove and praying allows me to de-stress before I get to work and then again on the way home.  Yesterday, my granddaughter (9 months old) was screaming in the backseat while we were on our way home.  I tried talking and giving her toys to her but nothing worked.  Finally I turned up the radio which was tuned to KLove.  Instant peace!  She stopped screaming and fell asleep.  Thanks for de-stressing that situation.
8/20/2010 2:35:50 PM
lin Canada
lin
I find the fitness experts right... exercise works for me. A workout (ie run, bike, fast walk, anything that increases your heart rate) helps me escape, get some fresh air and also gets rid of excess tension. Prayer also helps me get my head back into the right view of how the stress started and how I can deal with it. It really makes those mountains into mole hills at times.
8/20/2010 3:05:35 PM
Hec United States
Hec
A quick technique to help your body de-stress is to make a fist and press the inner (thumb) side against your diaphragm, using your other hand to pull the fist firmly toward you (it should look like you're applying the Heimlich Maneuver to yourself). Tighten your stomach muscles to resist the pressure your're applying. Hold the pressure for a while and release. You should feel a relaxing sensation surge through your body. I was taught this technique as a way to relax just before taking exams, but it works in general (at least for me). The instructor said it makes your body release endorphins to help you relax. YMMV
8/20/2010 8:39:41 PM
Cherokee United States
Cherokee
Thankfully I am able to go into my managers office and vent, and she lets me raise my voice as needed. In addition to being stressed out at work, I am unhappy at work.  I listen to KLOVE all day every day and I must say the time you guys are on the air is my favorite time.  I am constantly laughing at you two and it helps to not only get me thru the afternoon but I am more productive.  I love you guys! Thank you Scott and Kelli!
8/25/2010 10:16:03 PM
Carol United States
Carol
I have a note at my desk given to me by a co-worker that reads "Good Morning! This is God, I will be handling all of your problems today.  I will not need your help. So, relax and have a great day."  What a great reminder that He is in charge.
8/31/2010 10:29:51 AM
Margarita United States
Margarita
Well, I am in school, but when I am stressed, my BFF and me go swimming in her pool, and have a deep conversation. It helps to talk it out with another peer that is going through the same situation with a frien, grades, or etc. I also eat, which is not good. I am suprised I am quite skinny, not overweight!

Margarita