Aug 24 2010

Stressed out at work? What has helped you deal with that stress?

Ever been stressed out at work?! Yeah, thought so! Have you found ways to deal with that stress? We would love to hear your tips--what has worked for you? Share it here!

Here are some great tips for dealing with stress at work: http://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/outside-voices-careers/2010/08/18/50-tips-for-handling-stress-at-work

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (30) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

8/19/2010 5:16:07 AM
Ashley B. United States
Ashley B.
I am actually really stressed about this project I'm working on right now for school. What is really helping me is just listening to Klove in the background and remembering that in the big scheme of things, this really isn't that big of a deal. Thank you all at Klove for all you do. (:
8/19/2010 5:19:12 AM
Jeanine United States
Jeanine
Thanks so much for the tips for handling stress at work. Today everyone just about went crazy yelling across cubicles. My supervisor got so frustrated that she went in her office and cried. I felt so bad for her. I tried to encourage a few coworkers to do some yoga and breathing exercises. Then I remembered a clip that was shared last week of the comedian Michael Jr. I watched it and laughed with another coworker. Then I sent it to my supervisor to brightened up her day. It made my day so much better. K Love is always there when I need it.
8/19/2010 5:20:39 AM
Kate United States
Kate
Last week, I was stressing a bit about work, and I heard myself say, "I just need some K-loving!" as I headed for the K Love homepage to listen.
Same thing happened the next day.....K-Loving. LOVE it!
8/19/2010 5:36:00 AM
Mickey Ferguson United States
Mickey Ferguson
I used to have a pretty stress free day.  Recently things at work have just gotten worse and worse.  I have recently started a prayer journal that sits on my desk.  When I find the stress and anxiety building I stop what I am doing and write a thanks to God and ask him to help me handle what is happening.  I have even found myself writing a prayer of two for my co workers when I know they are facing a stressful situation.  This has helped me to let God's love reflect during the stressful time as well as the good.
8/19/2010 5:37:46 AM
Debbie United States
Debbie
I deal with stress by knitting. It is "therapy on a stick". Uncomplicated patterns usually help me relax. Another way is spinning yarn. I learned how to spin in March and it is a great stress reliever.
8/19/2010 5:41:11 AM
Scott United States
Scott
Try praying very quitely, "under your breath" especially praying in the spirit.  I spend 3 - 6 hours a day at work praying in the spirit, it is totally awesome.  I know right about now your asking, "what does this guy do for a job???" LOL - I a civilian cook for Soldiers.
8/19/2010 5:44:24 AM
Naomi United States
Naomi
i don't work i'm in 7th grade but when i get home i can be stressed so...i get some chocolate chips and go to my bedroom and turn on k-love....and sing with the songs.
8/19/2010 5:49:02 AM
Andrea United States
Andrea
i mean i don't work but i personally believe that highschool is mor streessfull, but anyways how i deal with my stress in highschool is, in all the choas and comotion of things to do and stuff to start and finish i just breathe close my eys and say God plz clear my head and then i open my eyes and then i just say thank you God for what your going to do and just say thank you and then i feel like i am in control becuase God's right there with me. i don't kno if thats going to work for others but its always worked for my
8/19/2010 5:52:49 AM
Danae United States
Danae
I'm a 6th grade special education teacher, and my job can be really stressful!  I go running after work to help with the stress, but I don't have enough time to run on my lunch break.  On really crazy days I have a remedy for stress.  During lunch I turn off the lights in my classroom, turn on some relaxing music, do some simple yoga stretches, and pray.  After that I'm much calmer and ready to face the second half of my day!
8/19/2010 5:56:38 AM
magon United States
magon
well i never get stressed out at work! HAAHAA THAT WAS FUNNY!!! ...i work in a home warranty company call center...i get yelled at and cursed at by homeowners when we dont cover there claim. :-( ..but i have k-love on my comp so i just listen to the music and in a way ignore them (heehee)....most of the times i come on klove and theres always a blog i like to comment on and it makes me feel better cause a lot if time they crack me up so i forget all about the (crazy) homeowner,,,,THANX!!!
8/19/2010 6:30:34 AM
Thomas Canada
Thomas
For several years I was self employed assembling bikes, furniture etc. I earned a fixed amount for each unit, which meant that production directly affected income levels. You can imagine the stress potential.

I personally had come to experience the glory of walking in Practicing His Presence ( Bro Lawrence ( one of the happiest men people had ever met) wrote a book by that title and James Goll did one recently on the same subject ).I would describe this as keeping focused on the experiential awareness of The Lord's nearness and His loving care/guidance at every opportunity. This actually resulted in a residual awareness of His presence in my soul as I worked.

Although my success in a determination of not producing bikes faster than I could maintain The Practice of His Presence was partial (learning curve) it was,and is a very worthwhile exercise and one I would highly recommend. I suppose one could transition into a Presence concious  mode by focusing on His Presence at every opportunity that attention to task would permit. " Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful Face,and the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of His Glory and Grace" The wonder of how He has wired us is that our spirit can be delighting in Him while our soul is doing work.

Awesome God You Are Amazing!!!

You folks are too Thanks for being there KLove!!!

Thomas
8/19/2010 10:09:10 AM
Mike United States
Mike
The last three weeks have been the hardest since I gave my life to the lord 2 years ago.I have my own buisness,sress and pressure are what led me to drugs and alcohal in the first place.But now that I live for the lord thats not a option.So when I thought I was at the end of my rope the other day,the lord told me that you need to realize that you are so blessed to even have a buisness,that allows you to have the privalge of being stressed. So I just praise GOD and thank him daily for what I do have.I listen to K LOVE all day long every day at work, THANK YOU!!!!!!
8/20/2010 1:45:04 AM
Haley United States
Haley
Hi I'm Haley. I would like to tell you a time when I helped someone let God into there hearts.It started one afternoon me and some friends were walking and one of my friends were telling us a story, but she started saying God's name in vain so I said "hey can I talk to you" and she said "sure" so I started telling her about god and telling her that she should'nt say that so she stop and to this day she has'nt said it! And she talks about God to her sister and other people!
8/20/2010 2:47:41 AM
PrudentKnowledgeDOTcom United States
PrudentKnowledgeDOTcom
Why not pray to God?
8/20/2010 6:05:28 AM
Greg United States
Greg
i just pray to God to help me get through this day and every other day at hard times. i dont work, but u have to know that kids have hard times at school that they dont tell their parents, but in the inside of them they are really stressed and need help. im not saying that i do that, but if i just pray its helps plenty!!

Thanks K-LOVE. yall rock!!! <¦-}
8/20/2010 8:06:18 AM
Em United States
Em
Screaming into a pillow and then praying to God helps me de-stress. And then some ice cream. Smile Or at least something with sugar. Also, I like to talk to my friends about it. They help me when I'm feeling stressed about school, family, just about anything.
Love and prayers all the way,

Em
Love ya K-LOVE!!!!
8/20/2010 1:58:18 PM
Rebecca United States
Rebecca
I found a prayer partner at work. One day i was having a Really tough day. I went up to her desk, asked her to stand and pray with me and we prayed together. What a blessing. And if she is not available... Chocolate helps too!
8/20/2010 1:59:29 PM
Rhi R United States
Rhi R
I work with 4-6th graders, so between the kids and their parents the stress level can become pretty high. I talk to my co-workers about it, and their advice is great, but for me I can't completely calm down until I bring my situation to God through prayer. I believe God has put stress into my life so that I would rely on Him, and not myself.
8/20/2010 2:00:45 PM
Cheryl United States
Cheryl
I find that in our darkest moments & frustrations, it imperative that we let go, and let God handle everything in the background - he will do more amazing things than we could ever arrange ourselves!  We always mess it up if we try - I know this from experience!  It takes the stress off of US also to let God handle it!  Just do it... to coin a phrase!  Smile
8/20/2010 2:01:38 PM
lin Canada
lin
I find the fitness experts right.. A good workout ie run, bike, etc gives me the chance to escape and get my mind turned around, and see things from a different perspective- also combined with prayer to get the proper perspective!!!
8/20/2010 2:03:26 PM
Sarah United States
Sarah
When I encounter stressful situation ... 'I will refute every tongue that accuses me. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and this is their vindication from me,"declares the LORD.' Isaiah 54:17

~Sarah~
8/20/2010 2:13:53 PM
Bernadette United States
Bernadette
calling klove ~ (or just listening to klove)
8/20/2010 2:15:14 PM
Pastor Darrin United States
Pastor Darrin
To relieve stress I either exercise by lifting weights or using the punching bag.  It relaxes the mind and redirects the energy that may be misused on family members or the family per.
8/20/2010 2:16:20 PM
Kelly United States
Kelly
We have a long gravel driveway and I just set down cry, pull weeds, and pray. You can tell how stressed I have been by the weeds in the driveway.
8/20/2010 2:20:34 PM
Linda United States
Linda
I am a teacher and drive about 20 minutes to and from work.  While driving, listening to KLove and praying allows me to de-stress before I get to work and then again on the way home.  Yesterday, my granddaughter (9 months old) was screaming in the backseat while we were on our way home.  I tried talking and giving her toys to her but nothing worked.  Finally I turned up the radio which was tuned to KLove.  Instant peace!  She stopped screaming and fell asleep.  Thanks for de-stressing that situation.
8/20/2010 2:35:50 PM
lin Canada
lin
I find the fitness experts right... exercise works for me. A workout (ie run, bike, fast walk, anything that increases your heart rate) helps me escape, get some fresh air and also gets rid of excess tension. Prayer also helps me get my head back into the right view of how the stress started and how I can deal with it. It really makes those mountains into mole hills at times.
8/20/2010 3:05:35 PM
Hec United States
Hec
A quick technique to help your body de-stress is to make a fist and press the inner (thumb) side against your diaphragm, using your other hand to pull the fist firmly toward you (it should look like you're applying the Heimlich Maneuver to yourself). Tighten your stomach muscles to resist the pressure your're applying. Hold the pressure for a while and release. You should feel a relaxing sensation surge through your body. I was taught this technique as a way to relax just before taking exams, but it works in general (at least for me). The instructor said it makes your body release endorphins to help you relax. YMMV
8/20/2010 8:39:41 PM
Cherokee United States
Cherokee
Thankfully I am able to go into my managers office and vent, and she lets me raise my voice as needed. In addition to being stressed out at work, I am unhappy at work.  I listen to KLOVE all day every day and I must say the time you guys are on the air is my favorite time.  I am constantly laughing at you two and it helps to not only get me thru the afternoon but I am more productive.  I love you guys! Thank you Scott and Kelli!
8/25/2010 10:16:03 PM
Carol United States
Carol
I have a note at my desk given to me by a co-worker that reads "Good Morning! This is God, I will be handling all of your problems today.  I will not need your help. So, relax and have a great day."  What a great reminder that He is in charge.
8/31/2010 10:29:51 AM
Margarita United States
Margarita
Well, I am in school, but when I am stressed, my BFF and me go swimming in her pool, and have a deep conversation. It helps to talk it out with another peer that is going through the same situation with a frien, grades, or etc. I also eat, which is not good. I am suprised I am quite skinny, not overweight!

Margarita