Aug 27 2010

The Afters are on K-LOVE!

The Afters' leadsinger Joshua Havens and guitarist Matt Fuqua stopped by the K-LOVE Studio. Leave a comment for them!

Listen to The Afters on K-LOVE:

Part 1 ~ The Afters talk about how they met and worked at Starbucks together.

Part 2 ~ The Afters discuss their new song, Line Up The Sky and about the difficult year they've had with losing their manager.

Part 3 ~ The Afters discuss how they are spending more time at home and how God has blessed them by doing so.

Part 4 ~ The Afters talk about partnering up with Randy Jackson.

8/20/2010 5:18:29 PM
Brea United States
Brea
I LOVE Y'ALL! Your music makes me want to shout and sing to the Lord! Light Up The Sky and We Are The Sound are the best songs ever! Thanks so much for allowing the Lord to work through your music! Please come to San Antonio, TX soon!
8/21/2010 8:53:19 AM
Katelyn United States
Katelyn
I heard you guys play their song "Light Up The Sky" and that song has helped me alot.. I've been through alot since february of this year. My parents are divorced, and in march I found out through a text message from my grandpa to my mom that my dad's getting married again... it was the toughest thing that I've ever been through. I'm only 16, my parents divorced may 9th, 2009. I was never the one to chase other guys for that father love that I never got growing up... my grandpa's been my "Dad" my whole life. and I know God's my daddy who will never fail me, never leave me, never forsake me. Never. It's been tough and I didn't really tell anyone in person about it... I finally told my mom that I needed help.. so I got it. and it helped alot.

Their song reminds me of all of the things that God has done for me since I gave my entire life to Him in 2008. It's been tough, but God's always been there for me. And through my tough times, He leaves His handprint somewhere... I have a poster on my bedroom wall that says "Never will I leave you; Never will I forsake you." -Hebrews 13:5-

Here's something you can read on my blog: I titled it "Still The Cross" (summed up it's about that no matter what we do or what we've been through, God's always there and He loves us the same... There's a tower of peace, and it's still the cross.) http://christ-plus-nothing.blogspot.com
8/21/2010 7:01:36 PM
Christi United States
Christi
Keep up the good work! God has called you to go forth and bring a powerful message! Thank you for going the distance and reaching thousands!!!!
Take care! God bless you!
8/22/2010 12:04:28 AM
Alisha United States
Alisha
I love your new song Light up the Sky so much. You all are such an inspiration and I love hearing you daily on K-love. I live in the Denver area and was curious if any of you had a friend in the area that would like to join a worship team. My church is currently in a transition and we are looking for any one who can play an instrument. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and keep up the great work for the Lord!!
8/22/2010 5:11:53 AM
Thais United States
Thais
Hello from the wonderful town of Santa Rosa, CA. First off, I absolutely enjoy your music (who says christian music is boring?). Secondly, your music is really helping me help others! I'm a youth leader, and right now I'm battling for the life of a 13 year old "cutter" who's obssesed with music. I've been trying to get through to her, and God finally gave me the inspiration of using music to get to her. And she actually enjoys your songs! God keep working through you guys for His Glory. God bless you!
8/22/2010 3:16:13 PM
Irby United States
Irby
Listening to ya'll just talking, it sounds like you guys (the Afters) are from Texas.. where we used to live way back when and where my youngest child was born in Houston (I am a disabled widower, was 20 yrs in minstry before injury, and my wife and I had 4 kids... my Texan, he is almost 16). I still have relatives and friends there, and it was in Texas years ago when I saw "heaven on earth". Right there just north of Dallas, that is where I saw heaven on earth, at the Oklahoma border, when I saw Texas in my rear view mirror. Smile lol.. j/k.. I did learn how to tell rich folk from poor folk in Texas though.. it's easy. Po' people have a car in their front yards, rusted out, all stripped down, jacked up on blocks with weeds growing all around... and rich folk, well, they have FIVE cars out front, jacked up on blocks, rusted out..a multi-car family! haha! Enough teasing Texans.. truly, concerning Texas, the blessed ones who live there can honestly say: there aint no place like this place anywhere near this place.. so this must be the place! And for sure, this is very true for KLOVE.. what a blessing you all are, K-love IS the place too, and we listen to it continuously. A mighty work of the Majestic One! To The Afters, Klove, and all the musicians played on-air, I say thanks for what you do, and for being who you are! Ya'll ROCK!
8/23/2010 3:58:40 AM
Kim Sturms United States
Kim Sturms
I've enjoyed listening to your interview and I'll be praying that the pain and suffering you both have suffered over the last few years can take a break.  God bless you for staying connected with your families and local church, cuz without them, it's pointless.  Thanks for all you do and hope the Lord continues to bless you all.....

Kim Sturms
8/23/2010 8:59:59 AM
Cyndy Carstens United States
Cyndy Carstens
Hello Joshua and Matt,

I just heard you sing the title track from your new album on K-Love and it brought tears to my eyes. I know you hear so many stories, but I hope you don't mind one more.

I am an artist in Phoenix, AZ. My paintings are your lyrics in images. For the last 3 years I have been my mother's 24/7 caregiver until she passed on to a new life in March. It was the most difficult and rewarding job I have ever done in my life. For 3 years she was my life and I did little else, except paint when she was asleep. Most of the time I feel as if I need to try explain why I paint the skies, but I believe you already know.

Today is my mother's birthday - she would be 79. Even though she is not here in person, I am celebrating her life in joyful prayer and starting a new painting.

If you have a moment, I would like to share my work with you (www.cyndycarstens.com). You will know why I had to pull the car over to the side of road because I couldn't see for the tears in my eyes.

God bless you, your families and your work.
Thank you for all you do for the rest of us. Your music encourages our souls and lifts our spirits.

Cyndy
8/24/2010 12:04:47 AM
Cat luehrs United States
Cat luehrs
It's called a "femmullet" Smile I am currently at a wedding here in Texas and have just spotted two. Came to the car and heard y'all talking about it.
God is goo ALL the time Smile
cat
8/24/2010 5:40:16 AM
Cathy Winfield United States
Cathy Winfield
Dear Scott and Kelli, I am a mother of 7 children ranging in age from 24 to 4. I grew up without much love or expression of love in my home and over the years have never really knew how express my love as I wanted to to my children. Life ha...s taken so many twists and turns and I am now living single with my two youngest children in Indiana. My relationships with my older children have been straigned over the years and has led to years and months of no communication in some cases. After years of prayer...and the Lord showing me how to love others and express love to my children He has recently brought healing to my relationship with one of my children that I hadn't heard from in over 3 years. I am a photographer on the side and last weekend spent sometime putting together a video of my own after hearing for the first time the song Light up the Sky from the Afters. I attached this song to my slideshow and it has been instrumental in helping me express my love to my children in a way that I could never have said before but was always in my heart. Since I have posted this on my facebook page I have had two more relationships healed in my family. I haven't heard from my daughter since December last year and am still praying for healing with this relationship. I wanted to say Thank you to the Afters for your awsome song and, I would love for you to see this video if you get this message...
Sincerely,
Mom of 7 awsome kids
8/26/2010 5:12:05 AM
Margarita United States
Margarita
I haven't heard them yet. Tell the band name before, and I will turn it up!
8/27/2010 4:52:45 PM
Donna United States
Donna
The mullet still exists in Arkansas.  I saw one this morning.  Ask people to send pictures, they're out there.